WoWs gameplay options compared to WoTs options.

Gameplay Mechanics

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17029 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hello. :)

As per title, I've been playing WoWs recently, and honestly, when i compare the gameplay of WoTs and WoWs? I find these differences.

• My first impression:
  • Pros:
  • The good balance of all classes compared to WoTs.
  • The fact that the most dangerous class is the destroyers (LTs as equivalent in WoTs) for having the maneuverability and torpedoes.
  • The existence of a good environment for training and learning against Bots where you actually can progress as well.
  • The reality is way more in WoWs compared to WoTs *cough cough EBRs cough cough*, where a ship with high base caliber can over pen a ship by choosing the wrong ammunition.
  • Armour is a bit more effective compare to WoTs. 
  • The excellent use of ammunition compared with WoTs where you can use HE for sitting ships on fire, and use AP for dealing heavy damage.
  • Good limitations of access for new players in advance. 
  • You can choose to have the submarines in your teams or not. (Now honestly? This is seriously required in WoT for artys or either EBRs). 

• Cons:
  • Having a long queue time for random battles (still playing in low tiers though (T5 so far)).

Honestly, that's the only bad thing i found about it so far. Why WoT's dev team are not trying to follow these good options from other games? Really interested in knowing the reason.

Thank you all for reading, 

Best regards,

Splash. :)

Edited by splash_time, 04 June 2020 - 06:54 PM.

Kdingo #2 Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 04 June 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

• You can choose to have the submarines in your teams or not. (Now honestly? This is seriously required in WoT for artys or either EBRs). 

Just thinking about it nearly had me climax on the spot.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37074 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

WoWS and WoWP are better games than WoT.

Change my mind.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77792 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

The thing to remember about that game and armor is that AP is balanced to be useless vs paper, as they have an over-pen mechanic. Kinda like our overmatch. As if they do it, the shell goes right out the other side and does minimal damage vs full damage. And AP is designed to be useless vs anything head-on for the most part. As the citadels are where you need to hit with AP. And that's the broadside on most targets. That aspect would not work too well here.

As for HE and fire... Well, RTB had incendiary shells. I suspect WG was testing that for a reason. They have yet to say what they tested there, and what feedback they got in it.

Nazgarth #5 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles

Half the stuff you have stated is not true OP.

CVs vs other classes have better balance than classes in WOT? NO, CV dominate the game an ruin the experience for many players especially DDs, with no counter play. Atleast arty in WOT has low carry potential.

More reality in WOWS vs WOT? Russian fantasy ships dominating the game even more than Russian tanks do in WOT... Russia has never had a surface fleet worth mentioning in comparison with other superpowers in the time frame of the game. Russian wet dream alternate reality sure. Subs being forced into an aggressive fleet role? is that what happens with sub in reality?

You can choose to play against Subs or not? What? Subs arn't even in the base game randoms yet, and terribly balanced in their current testing form. And no you won't be able to choose not to play against them in randoms ever.

Edited by Nazgarth, 04 June 2020 - 07:18 PM.

splash_time #6 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17029 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNazgarth, on 04 June 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

You can choose to play against Subs or not? What? Subs arn't even in the base game randoms yet, and terribly balanced in their current testing form. And no you won't be able to choose not to play against them in randoms ever.

That's what my friend told me, so I'm not sure which one of you two is right. :hiding:

CVs vs other classes have better balance than classes in WOT? NO, CV dominate the game an ruin the experience for many players especially DDs, with no counter play. Atleast arty in WOT has low carry potential.

Only good players can make them work. At least my experience. :)

More reality in WOWS vs WOT? Russian fantasy ships dominating the game even more than Russian tanks do in WOT... Russia has never had a surface fleet worth mentioning in comparison with other superpowers in the time frame of the game. Russian wet dream alternate reality sure. Subs being forced into an aggressive fleet role? is that what happens with sub in reality?

They can be sat on fire easily just like German battleships. And they are slow. 

And by the way, why defend from a pixel game? I still play WoT from to time for the fun, but the fact is WoT in current form? It's not fun to play, especially if the equipment 2.0 reach the live server, which it'll make some tanks even more broken. My point was to fix the bad points, not the let them as they are mate. :)

Edited by splash_time, 04 June 2020 - 07:30 PM.

Nazgarth #7 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 04 June 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

That's what my friend told me, so I'm not sure which one of you two is right. :hiding:

Only good players can make them work. At least my experience. :)

They can be sat on fire easily just like German battleships. And they are slow. 

And by the way, why defend from a pixel game? I still play WoT from to time for the fun, but the fact is WoT in current form? It's not fun to play, especially if the equipment 2.0 reach the live server, which it'll make some tanks even more broken. My point was to fix the bad points, not the let them as they are mate. :)

CVs have been reworked so even the worst player can have a massive impact on the game, its not a matter of opinion. Constant spotting, concealment a none stat in CV games, a good CV player will dominate the game a crap one will perma spot and ruin it for others (and crapon DDs naturally).

A large portion of the German BBs actually existed, any BB can be set on fire so what point are you trying to make exactly? In fact RU BBs are some of the most fire resistant of any ships in the game with quick CD consumables and overall thicker armour making HE none pens. No, russian ships as a whole are not slow. 

If your aim was to point out bad points and look to WOWS for guidance you chose some of the worst aspects of WOWS to look at....

Edited by Nazgarth, 04 June 2020 - 07:45 PM.

splash_time #8 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17029 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNazgarth, on 04 June 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

CVs have been reworked so even the worst player can have a massive impact on the game, its not a matter of opinion. Constant spotting, concealment a none stat in CV games, a good CV player will dominate the game a crap one will perma spot and ruin it for others (and crapon DDs naturally).

A large portion of the German BBs actually existed, any BB can be set on fire so what point are you trying to make exactly? In fact RU BBs are some of the most fire resistant of any ships in the game with quick CD consumables and overall thicker armour making HE none pens. No, russian ships as a whole are not slow. 

If your aim was to point out bad points and look to WOWS for guidance you chose some of the worst aspects of WOWS to look at....

Okay, thank you for the informations. But I'm not here to discuss WoWs, my point was, to use from ammunition examples in WoWs to fix ammo problem, and consider it as a solution for example.  :)

And there, even though I still a new player, I was able to reach high caliber and etc some times. New player friendly environment maybe? Use from that.

The battles, clans, ranked and etc limitations? It's also good. :)

Just consider the good points and fix them.

Btw, my information is that the Germans are having best armour, and Japanese have best guns and torpedoes. :)

Nazgarth #9 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 04 June 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

Okay, thank you for the informations. But I'm not here to discuss WoWs, my point was, to use from ammunition examples in WoWs to fix ammo problem, and consider it as a solution for example.  :)

And there, even though I still a new player, I was able to reach high caliber and etc some times. New player friendly environment maybe? Use from that.

The battles, clans, ranked and etc limitations? It's also good. :)

Just consider the good points and fix them.

Btw, my information is that the Germans are having best armour, and Japanese have best guns and torpedoes. :)

Your title by the way: WoWs gameplay options compared to WoTs options.

Not here to discuss WOWS??????

More information "from a friend" I presume.

splash_time #10 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17029 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNazgarth, on 04 June 2020 - 09:55 PM, said:

Your title by the way: WoWs gameplay options compared to WoTs options.

Not here to discuss WOWS??????

More information "from a friend" I presume.

Okay mate. You're just right. I'm done with you. 

Gl. :)

Nazgarth #11 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 04 June 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

Okay mate. You're just right. I'm done with you. 

Gl. :)

And the facts are done with you too. :)

The_Naa #12 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12222 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 04 June 2020 - 06:56 PM, said:

WoWS and WoWP are better games than WoT.

Change my mind.

i dont like ships that much to be honest. (i do like cute animu ships tho :3) so its a no for WoWS.

i do like Planes so its a yes for WoWP. :great:

but oh boy i just LOVE Tanks! :rolleyes: they have tracks that crush everything and engines go ROOOOOOOR and the guns go KABOOM and the target goe KATUUUUM. then you have good armour that make a DONGGG! sound and you load a new shell and BANG! ANOTHER ONE DOWN! 

Tanks are cool arent they?

Spoiler

splash_time #13 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17029 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThe_Naa, on 04 June 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

i dont like ships that much to be honest. (i do like cute animu ships tho :3) so its a no for WoWS.

i do like Planes so its a yes for WoWP. :great:

but oh boy i just LOVE Tanks! :rolleyes: they have tracks that crush everything and engines go ROOOOOOOR and the guns go KABOOM and the target goe KATUUUUM. then you have good armour that make a DONGGG! sound and you load a new shell and BANG! ANOTHER ONE DOWN! 

Tanks are cool arent they?

Spoiler

I like tanks as well, but I like the ships horns in WoWs as well, is that counted? :D

And everyone has his own opinion in gaming.  :)

I wish that WoT's dev team will wake up some day to make a fair and balanced WoT. :coin:

Edited by splash_time, 04 June 2020 - 08:15 PM.

qpranger #14 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

Are submarines the equivalent of arty when it comes to cartoon villains in WG games?

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me

Draakard #15 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23294 battles

I played WOW a few years ago, until they changed the aircraft user interface.

The game pretty much died after they implemented those changes.

However I still play 1 - 2 games pr week, just to see some of the old ships in my port.

Please don't copy anything from WOW :)

The_Naa #16 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12222 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsplash_time, on 04 June 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

I like tanks as well, but I like the ships horns in WoWs as well, is that counted? :D

And everyone has his own opinion in gaming.  :)

I wish that WoT's dev team will wake up some day to make a fair and balanced WoT. :coin:

i personally think that World of Tanks can never be in perfect balance because we have so many different tanks with different guns, playsytles and armour models.

sure you can fine tune some of them but my understanding of balance is that if you put a TVP VTU and a Progetto 46 in a 1v1 situation both tanks should should have a 50/50 chance to win. and same goes for any other tank. but that would be nearly impossible because we have so much gimmicks and variation that we cant have that level of balance.

but atleast its not the same as it appears to be in WT.

Spoiler

Edited by The_Naa, 04 June 2020 - 08:24 PM.

Homer_J #17 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:59 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
To me WoWS is just sailing around trading shots until one of you dies.  I never saw any tactics in it at all.

DaniulSims #18 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11471 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
Imagine thinking an imaginary russian fleet is real, but the vehicle used as Charles de Gaulle's last ride before eternal rest isn't.

jabster #19 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 04 June 2020 - 07:59 PM, said:

To me WoWS is just sailing around trading shots until one of you dies.  I never saw any tactics in it at all.

Well two out three for WoT then?

jack_timber #20 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:33 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45363 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I quite enjoy platooning, if that's the right term, with one of the grandkids in WoWS. It's a refreshing change and often leads to much merryment.

Also tagged with Gameplay, Mechanics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users