• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Miepie #1 Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

On a racing circuit, which one of these two would you pick? :popcorn:

Disclaimer 1: I have simply picked all the crew skills, for both vehicles.

Disclaimer 2: I have no idea how quickly the removed speed governor damages your engine and whether that causes a loss of performance.

Disclaimer 3: I have no idea if you can pick both types of fuel at the same time.

Disclaimer 4: No thought whatsoever was spent on the shape or size of the racing circuit; I was just browsing a bit looking for the highest obtainable power-to-weight ratios.

racer1.PNG

racer2.PNG

The_Naa #2 Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMiepie, on 05 June 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

Disclaimer 2: I have no idea how quickly the removed speed governor damages your engine and whether that causes a loss of performance.

i've actually tested this out with a friend.

Removed Speed governor only gives you +10% to engine power, so it affects your hill climbing and acceleration (how long it takes to reach your top speed)

and it only damages engine by X amount of damage every time you press W or S. so if you jam the pedal to the metal and never let go you will only take damage to your engine once.

but if you keep moving back and forth by pressing the W and S key's you will take damage to your engine every time. so you can break the engine in the first 30 seconds of the game this way or never have to worry about it again if you just move forward and never let go of your W or S key.

further more you can (not 100% sure on this) avoid takeing engine damage by activating the speed governor when you already pressed the W key.

the Speed governor can never destroy your engine. so there is no need to worry on using it if you already have a half broken engine, in this case you have no ill effects from using the removed speed governor.

really usefull for slow tanks that get constant engine damage from enemy fire and you want to have more engine power with the broken engine.

we tested this out by me driving around in Minsk in circles for 10 minutes without stopping, i suffered no engine damage.

but once i started ''baiting shots'' moving back and forth quickly i broke the engine in about 20-30 seconds.

top speed was unaffected. my friend did not have speed governor and had the same top speed as me on the road when i was racing against him.

i did have more engine power and top speed when i was going up hill and accelerating.

and once i broke the engine i did not manage to destroy it.

i've never been set on fire because of the removed speed governor.

it does not seem to affect the engine at all if you activate it when you are already moving.

it does not affect your engine if you keep activating or deactivating it during your movement.

so it sounds bad. but its only bad if you dont know how it works and what it does.

Miepie #3 Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Naa, on 05 June 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

and it only damages engine by X amount of damage every time you press W or S. so if you jam the pedal to the metal and never let go you will only take damage to your engine once.

but if you keep moving back and forth by pressing the W and S key's you will take damage to your engine every time. so you can break the engine in the first 30 seconds of the game this way or never have to worry about it again if you just move forward and never let go of your W or S key.

further more you can (not 100% sure on this) avoid takeing engine damage by activating the speed governor when you already pressed the W key.

Those parts sound like a design flaw / bug... :/

The_Naa #4 Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMiepie, on 05 June 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Those parts sound like a design flaw / bug... :/

Naaaah, it works fine.

Homer_J #5 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:48 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Naa, on 05 June 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

we tested this out by me driving around in Minsk in circles for 10 minutes without stopping, i suffered no engine damage.

but once i started ''baiting shots'' moving back and forth quickly i broke the engine in about 20-30 seconds.

That's not how I recall it working.  And I'm sure that's not how it is supposed to work.

It should take your engine health down gradually while you have it switched on and are moving.  But since you only need it to accelerate or climb hills where you can't maintain top speed then you can switch it off and on as required to save damage.

The_Naa #6 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 05 June 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

That's not how I recall it working.  And I'm sure that's not how it is supposed to work.

It should take your engine health down gradually while you have it switched on and are moving.  But since you only need it to accelerate or climb hills where you can't maintain top speed then you can switch it off and on as required to save damage.

i dont know what to tell you.

i did drive in circles with the top speed of the tank for 10 minuts and nothing happenend. we restarted and i started going wsswswswswswswswws and broke the engine in mere seconds

Homer_J #7 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I used to use it on arty and if I forgot to switch it off I would suddenly get a damaged engine while sat in a corner dropping bombs on people so that's a bit odd.

Miepie #8 Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Naa, on 05 June 2020 - 03:53 PM, said:

i dont know what to tell you.

i started going wsswswswswswswswws and broke the engine in mere seconds

View PostHomer_J, on 05 June 2020 - 03:57 PM, said:

that's a bit odd.

Nothing odd there. If you sit somewhere going "wswswswswsws!" it attracts any cats that are nearby, and those will wreck anything. :D

15:05 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 05 June 2020 - 03:57 PM, said:

I used to use it on arty and if I forgot to switch it off I would suddenly get a damaged engine while sat in a corner dropping bombs on people so that's a bit odd.

Maybe it triggers not just on the W and S keys, but also if your hull traverses because you move the gun of your arty? :popcorn:

The_Naa #9 Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMiepie, on 05 June 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

Nothing odd there. If you sit somewhere going "wswswswswsws!" it attracts any cats that are nearby, and those will wreck anything. :D

15:05 Added after 1 minute

Maybe it triggers not just on the W and S keys, but also if your hull traverses because you move the gun of your arty? :popcorn:

yes can be this also.

Homer_J #10 Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:17 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMiepie, on 05 June 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

That's what I thought but it would also break the engine if I drove across the map on autodrive.

Wiki says it damages the engine while it is activated but AFAIK that's wrong as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users