Maps Camping

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

It's absolutely ridiculous. I've held back from making a thread about camped locations on a map, but I can't bear it anymore.

So, you know Westfield, right...that green map with the big train bridge on the east end.

When medium tanks go to the southeast corner...they don't ever actually go to it. They stop at K7/G0 and camp alllll game until the northwest falls, and then they get surrounded...and lose.

It boggles the mind.

Why?

Why would anyone STAY at those spots, unless they're the last ones to get there?

I've seen numerous fast mediums such as the Leopard and Progettos just sit there and shoot at the rare TD hiding in the middle.

What happened to pushing into the corner, taking it for your team as an advantageous position? What happened to attacking the enemy team? Why are people so keen on camping there in their tier 8+ tanks and being utterly useless?

What causes this phenomenon, only on this particular map?

It's not uncommon to see both teams' mediums sit in those spots...

I don't understand it. It makes me furious.

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 05 June 2020 - 06:27 PM.

24doom24 #2 Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

I see either our team or the enemy go their in roughly half of games on that map. It's probably because the crossing is extremely dangerous. TDs sitting in E6 or G4 can annihilate them if they try. 

I wouldn't attempt it myself unless I'm in an EBR.:)

Edited by 24doom24, 05 June 2020 - 06:33 PM.

The_Naa #3 Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12371 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

as 24doom24 said.

if your tank goes less than 30km/h up hill and the top speed is less than 55/kmh its too late to get to K0. the enemy team tanks are already at K7/G0 and have a clear line of sight to your tank with no cover so you a wasted tank if you try to make it to K0. the only expection would be if enemy does not have tanks at K7/G0 or they have been all shot so they are taking cover and dont want to bee shooting while getting shot at.

so you either need a REEEEAAALY fast tank preferably with wheels so it does not drop dead once the track has been shot off to take the K0. or have insane camo rating that you dont get spotted, or enemy has porr view range like in tier 4-6 games so they dont see you even if you go to K0 with a matilda.

RockyRoller #4 Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41352 battles
The reason they stop there is because the maps reward camping and shooting at max range more than it rewards active face hugging or pushing. This is all well and good with random battles as you play against your own side to some extent, but you'll get your butt pwned in clan wars if you play that way.

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15163 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

The slight dip on the south redline gives a massive advantage to the southwest spawn team. Tanks can be hulldown and shoot you, especially the flat USSR turrets are deadly there. 

Anyway, regardless of the smart thing, I usually just YOLO in like you want it :honoring: 

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Post24doom24, on 05 June 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

I see either our team or the enemy go their in roughly half of games on that map. It's probably because the crossing is extremely dangerous. TDs sitting in E6 or G4 can annihilate them if they try. 

I wouldn't attempt it myself unless I'm in an EBR.:)

TDs can't get to the middle that quickly...and most of them stay at the northwestern sniping nests.

I got my WZ-120 into the corner just fine, didn't get spotted. There were no scouts. A Progetto and Leopard stopped at K7, where they got to before me.

This is the problem. People think it's dangerous, even when it clearly isn't. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get to K0. There's enough bushes to hide behind once you're closer, so if you've got any bit of camo, you won't get spotted. You just won't. This is true for both sides.

24doom24 #7 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 05 June 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

TDs can't get to the middle that quickly...and most of them stay at the northwestern sniping nests.

I got my WZ-120 into the corner just fine, didn't get spotted. There were no scouts. A Progetto and Leopard stopped at K7, where they got to before me.

This is the problem. People think it's dangerous, even when it clearly isn't. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get to K0. There's enough bushes to hide behind once you're closer, so if you've got any bit of camo, you won't get spotted. You just won't. This is true for both sides.

That's not true. I get there in my FV215b 183 well before any tanks reach K7, G0. It's actually my favourite TD spot on westfield. Sure it might be easy for some faster lights to get there on occasion but they'll usually get killed. At least if it's me shooting them :playing:

Edited by 24doom24, 05 June 2020 - 08:12 PM.

Kdingo #8 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

Just had a game on malinovka, i started south spawn in cromwell b (tier 8 game), went to spot the guys going up hill - > no one there. Went up the hill - >no one there. Went to the edge of the hill - >nothing. Fired my gun just to loose camo - >nothing.

The enemy tiger 2 was pushing along the river line and expect some stupid lights doing wrom wrom the whole team was sitting behind the spawn rocks or behind the houses. It was a turkey shoot deluxe. Even with an is6 sniping in the usual scout bush/hill the game was an auto win...

Given that i was traveling along the entire map it was a bit of a disappointment as there wasn´t much damage to farm..

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles
Going corner from top right side is always good in a fast enough tank.
The corner fight can be won from the red line bushes and ridges. And then you will corner and can dig out the rest and win that entire side.

Also tagged with Maps, Camping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users