Bourrasque - "Blast"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

no_skill_bob #1 Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34656 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

I have seen a lot of discussions about it, especially, when it just came out, so to say. after doing 90% of that marathon i only played it for like 10-15 battles, as i dont like to play a new tank, that everyone plays a lot at the same time, so im playing with it more atm, for example :D  

If one of Bourrasque translations is correct, it sure is one hell of a blast - in last 20 battles i dropped optics for egld, even without optics i just got 5k spotting dmg in a tier 10 game, so i would say, that it doesn't really need optics as it has great camo, its just sneaky enough to make use of 450 VR as well.

Even though gun is quite derpy, that shotgun clip is very powerful, if you are able to make use of its camo, straight line mobility and burst the crap out of opponents, its probably one of the best tier 8 tanks, imho.

I played 15 battles today with the "Blast", won 10 of them with 3k dpg and some 600 assist, MoE is going up really slow and no wonder why, just checked, that 3rd MoE needs 3680 lol, progetto and somua sm needs something like 2,9k which are among the best tier 8 prems. Im currently sitting at 3,4k combined with it, so yeah, i guess a lot of other guys are enjoying their bourrasque's as well :D

I mean i really like the tank, but damn those high standards on this one :D Currently it has my 2nd highest xp per game as well(1,3k), only tortoise has even higher xp earnings, i do not count T-116(dont remember what was it, some gift tank i guess), suka pershing with very few battles(dont remember how i got to even play it, rental maybe) and Foch with 4 battles.

Anyway, this thing amazes me - i dont know how, but it just does work, although it really shouldn't be that good, its my highest  tier 8 dpg tank as well - i guess it simply has everything to perform at tier 9 levels.

p.s. maybe i should tryhard Lansen c, as i like that one as well a lot, i dont have many battles yet, maybe i can try to make it up to 2,8k dpg in that one, but it really needs improved v-stab, so i guess i will wait till next battle pass then :D Anyone else thinks that tanks like somua sm, bourrasque, lansen c are really underrated? i mean everyone will tell me that progetto, scoprion g, su-130pm, defender, 703v2, ebr 75 are pretty much the best tier 8 tanks, without mentioning anything else :D

Anyway GN everyone.

kaneloon #2 Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33207 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD

From where did you learn that those tanks were underrated ? Bourrasque in particular is praised by all good players.

They are just a bit harder to play than the others : with the TDs you camp somewhere, with the EBR you make circles toward enemy base, with the 703 II and defender you yolo ...

no_skill_bob #3 Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34656 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View Postkaneloon, on 05 June 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

From where did you learn that those tanks were underrated ? Bourrasque in particular is praised by all good players.

They are just a bit harder to play than the others : with the TDs you camp somewhere, with the EBR you make circles toward enemy base, with the 703 II and defender you yolo ...

From where? well let me think.. Forum, gameplay section ;)

CmdRatScabies #4 Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostVoldemars_Veiss, on 05 June 2020 - 10:38 PM, said:

From where? well let me think.. Forum, gameplay section ;)

That's your mistake then. :)  Never believe the forum.  You can tell it's good by its Ace and MoE requirements.

no_skill_bob #5 Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34656 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 05 June 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

That's your mistake then. :)  Never believe the forum.  You can tell it's good by its Ace and MoE requirements.

i guess so, i never checked Moe requirements on it, until yesterday :D

Unicorn_of_Steel #6 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20971 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
The only premium tank i regret NOT buying when i had the chance.... 

_Signal_ #7 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49476 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
If you play it as a medium you will die fairly fast, if you play it as a light it's a great tank. Must admit pretty much all of my other prems have been moth-balled since I got the bourg. I think the MOE on it is around 3.6k which is tier 9 med levels.

Edited by _Signal_, 06 June 2020 - 09:07 AM.

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 06 June 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

The only premium tank i regret NOT buying when i had the chance.... 

It's amazing how good the tanks WG give away for free in the marathons turn out to be.

no_skill_bob #9 Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34656 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 06 June 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

It's amazing how good the tanks WG give away for free in the marathons turn out to be.

well at least most of them, thats not a bad strategy, as theoretically everyone has a chance to get them for free, so there is less pay to win crying afterwards.

although pretty much all of them are actually really good - some might say that CAX is crap, i dont agree with that, as it has everything, the only reason why it might feel as a letdown - simply because tech tree caernarvon is the best tier 8 heavy.

Robbie_T #10 Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22773 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

p.s. maybe i should tryhard Lansen c, as i like that one as well a lot, i dont have many battles yet, maybe i can try to make it up to 2,8k dpg in that one, but it really needs improved v-stab, so i guess i will wait till next battle pass then :D Anyone else thinks that tanks like somua sm, bourrasque, lansen c are really underrated? i mean everyone will tell me that progetto, scoprion g, su-130pm, defender, 703v2, ebr 75 are pretty much the best tier 8 tanks, without mentioning anything else :D

People who think Sumoa ,Lansen and bourrasque are under rated are those tomatoes that are 1 trick pony's.

Bourassque i find awesome maybe even OP. 

The other 2 i dont have.

And it also have to do with playing style and who is playing it.

Me for example will i am verry bad in the Skorpion G or su 130 becuase i hate being in a bush for a while doing nothing.

and always have the luck i have the worst LT's they could find for my team when i do play it....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users