How do you people keep grinding?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

saurilian #1 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21164 battles

In last 6 months I was power-grinding plently of lines. Currently I'll have 15 tier X's. I almost finished the Centurion 7/1 but I'm so boooored while doing it. I'm just tired of constant handicapped pew-pew guns, being uterelly useless, punished for playing and feeling forced to spend money. Please understand me, I'm not angry that Wargaming wants to monetize their game, it's just there is something I don't understand. Specifically, people that grind all tanks. The more and more awesome tanks I own the harder it is for me to keep grinding. Every next line is a chore because I know that there is my Leopard or M60 waiting for me, fully pimped-up, ready to deal atleast 3 000 damage and hopefully win the battle. 

I just have a question, why grind more than 50 tanks? 

And how do you do it? 

I know the grinds are so much easier these days but I still can't stress how [content removed] boring and pointless they feel. How did y'all grinded back in old days?

Bypassing the profanity filter. 

Post edited.

~MaxandChloe4ever, Forum Moderator

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 07 June 2020 - 06:32 AM.

Wintermute_1 #2 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54666 battles

- Tier X games aren't that great (funwise)

- Without a premium account you are going to lose credits in tiers 9 & 10

- A lot of the tier X tanks are very similar to each other (same as every tier)

So really there isn't much point in trying to get vast numbers of tier X's imo, I just have a few of each type and that's enough for me. Quite often the tier 8 or 9 is better than the tanks above it in the line so I just stop there.

If your reason for playing is grinding up one line after another of course it'll end up feeling like work. I'd just take things at a more leisurely pace if I were you.

... It can be worth having a few tier X's of different types and nations for campaign missions that require high damage though, so its worth thinking about that too.  

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56475 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD
I like knowing the strengths and weaknesses of tanks I am to face. Although we are all able to read the statistics for various tanks, I find that actually having played them gives one a better feel of what they can do and what they are capable of, and thus how to deal with them when you have them as an opponent. For that reason I have most of the tier Xs in the game. In addition along the way I keep different tanks in each tech tree that appeal to me for a reason, and sell the ones that I find do not fit with my play style.

Maauru #4 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25207 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 06 June 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

In last 6 months I was power-grinding plently of lines. Currently I'll have 15 tier X's. 

Hmm, 19,5k games and 15 Tier 10 and calling it powergrinding.

I have 24,7k games and 46 Tier 10 tanks. Lets talk about power grinding :hiding:

Though, before WoT I played MMORPGs quite a lot and I guess I got used to grind in games :)

I like grinding through some line until I get Tier10 but than when I get it I am not so much interested in playing it and I just jump into other line.

Mayority of my Tier10 (except ones of my early researches) do not have many games in them.

StronkiTonki #5 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36283 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

In the good ol' days, playing stock tanks probably wasn't as bad, cause the game was full of newer players, a real meta hadn't really been established yet, and people didn't have 10 years of experience yet.

Nowadays I just use free exp to prevent playing stock tanks. I used to convert it. Now I just farm it, since I have all tier 10 tanks. So it's gonna be building up until a new line appears.

Kdingo #6 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

I play for phun only, don´t care much about grinding tanks anymore. But then again i grinded my fair share, wouldn´t really want to repeat it.

But generally, save as much free xp as possible to make the grind more bearable. Rather play xy amount of games in a elite tank to farm free xp then to try grinding a stock tank for its best gun/engine etc.

Edited by Kdingo, 06 June 2020 - 07:32 PM.

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15118 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I just do what I call 'slow grinds' where I have a few (5 or so at the moment) grind tanks. I only play the tanks when I feel like it, and I try to utilize x5 and free premium days to pass the stock grinds easily. However if I'm having a bad time I just stop immediately, there will always be another x5/premium around the corner, no big deal.

Once fully upgraded I still only play them when I feel like it (which is more often then). I've been 'grinding' the IS3 for almost a year I think, but since I only play it when I felt like it, I enjoyed the tank and easily researched both lines. Sometimes I play my keeper tanks only for a few weeks without 'grinding' amything. 

Not the fastest way, not the best way for your stats, but to me the best way yo keep the game fun!

tank276 #8 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56303 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
Grinding has been over for me since blueprints came out. Just playing tier 9 meds mostly which are fun.

EliteDirk121 #9 Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24896 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
To be honest, I have no [edited]clue how I managed to grind to where I am now. I pretty much never grind tanks I dislike anymore. You will only see me play craptanks because I am either three marking them, or because they have one meme feature that makes them stand out in some way. Other than that, I only play tanks I enjoy

saurilian #10 Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21164 battles

View PostMaauru, on 06 June 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

Hmm, 19,5k games and 15 Tier 10 and calling it powergrinding.

I have 24,7k games and 46 Tier 10 tanks. Lets talk about power grinding :hiding:

Though, before WoT I played MMORPGs quite a lot and I guess I got used to grind in games :)

I like grinding through some line until I get Tier10 but than when I get it I am not so much interested in playing it and I just jump into other line.

Mayority of my Tier10 (except ones of my early researches) do not have many games in them.

By power grinding I mean time spend. I played around 14 000 battles till now from November last year. 

19:08 Added after 1 minute

View Posttank276, on 06 June 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

Grinding has been over for me since blueprints came out. Just playing tier 9 meds mostly which are fun.

Yeah I feel like giving up too. I don't like the way Wargaming handles things currently and there is no way I'm gonna spend my time grinding through tanks without premium account. Centurion AX will be my last tech tree, no need for more tanks. What's your favorite tier 9? 

19:10 Added after 3 minute

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 06 June 2020 - 07:31 PM, said:

I just do what I call 'slow grinds' where I have a few (5 or so at the moment) grind tanks. I only play the tanks when I feel like it, and I try to utilize x5 and free premium days to pass the stock grinds easily. However if I'm having a bad time I just stop immediately, there will always be another x5/premium around the corner, no big deal.

Once fully upgraded I still only play them when I feel like it (which is more often then). I've been 'grinding' the IS3 for almost a year I think, but since I only play it when I felt like it, I enjoyed the tank and easily researched both lines. Sometimes I play my keeper tanks only for a few weeks without 'grinding' amything. 

Not the fastest way, not the best way for your stats, but to me the best way yo keep the game fun!

Might be something I should've done as well. I don't know. If you're having fun, that's all it matters :teethhappy:

19:10 Added after 4 minute

View PostKdingo, on 06 June 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

I play for phun only, don´t care much about grinding tanks anymore. But then again i grinded my fair share, wouldn´t really want to repeat it.

But generally, save as much free xp as possible to make the grind more bearable. Rather play xy amount of games in a elite tank to farm free xp then to try grinding a stock tank for its best gun/engine etc.

How many tanks you call a fair share?

19:15 Added after 9 minute

View PostStronkiTonki, on 06 June 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

In the good ol' days, playing stock tanks probably wasn't as bad, cause the game was full of newer players, a real meta hadn't really been established yet, and people didn't have 10 years of experience yet.

Nowadays I just use free exp to prevent playing stock tanks. I used to convert it. Now I just farm it, since I have all tier 10 tanks. So it's gonna be building up until a new line appears.

Fair point! I actually didn't thought about that. So back in old days you could just chill.. man, I like the current game but I also sometimes feel it's too stressful. I'm glad I got myself the KV-2 for chills

Kdingo #11 Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 06 June 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

How many tanks you call a fair share?

19 Tier X... well probably 20-21 or so i guess i have one or 2 unlocked but never bought/played/cared for. But i always enjoyed playing tier 6-9 more and never cared to grind a line just cause it exists.

For example i just played the swedish till tier 6, never cared for the leo nor the autoloader heavies that came after, might however go for the udes meds at one point, but slowly. As those didn´t exist before i stopped playing 2 years ago. But first i am going to kinda free xp the leo1 to top turret, no point playing it stock imo.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77807 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Why? Personally I like to explore. Find something new when all the current elite things I have has run their course to name one. Find a new style I might like, or simply just to understand the... tanks better when I fight vs them, as I have driven them too. Inc arty. As I've played most of them, and only skipped a few. I know what areas most can hit and can't hit on most maps from their common firing spots.

I've played since 2012, but only did get every tank unlocked 4 months ago. Mostly due to blueprints and 5x missions we got in great quantity during the holidays. So I've taken my time. Played the fun tanks I found along the way vs just grinding. I've taken breaks from grinding for weeks even months. Just playing what I like, then going back to grinding. If did nothing but grind to get done faster. I suspect I would have become bored faster.

But not everyone is a completionist. I have a mate that only goes for lines with agile mediums or interesting lights. He has played for as long as me, and only has 9 tier X's unlocked. All lights and mediums. He has yet to play the new UK lights to name one, as that did not seem to be his style. So not everyone grinds everything just because.

24doom24 #13 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
boosters.

Joggaman #14 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26423 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I haven't grinded for the last couple of years. 
Only free Xp what I want, or buy with gold or Mastercard. :coin:

Oh, and of course I have hundreds of blueprints, but too much of a noob to find out how to use them...

Edited by Joggaman, 06 June 2020 - 09:55 PM.

Draakard #15 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23305 battles

And how do you do it? 

Answer: We don't anymore…..

Just grabbing 1 - 2 games every now and then, and never play weekends due to S***shows.

If you look at players online on EU server(s), it has gone from approx 190000 (1st of may) to 119000 (2nd of june)… and declining.

Ref. Source https://wotcharts.eu/Servers

Sharian #16 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 64815 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

584 tanks in garage, only AMX 13 90 to finish grinding then whole tech tree complete, every nation :izmena:

Still need about 42mil credits to buy the 7 Teir X's already researched though :(

Joggaman #17 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26423 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDraakard, on 06 June 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

And how do you do it? 

Answer: We don't anymore…..

Just grabbing 1 - 2 games every now and then, and never play weekends due to S***shows.

If you look at players online on EU server(s), it has gone from approx 190000 (1st of may) to 119000 (2nd of june)… and declining.

Ref. Source https://wotcharts.eu/Servers

Hmmm, could it be...,just think about it...  More people still in quarantine/lock down in May, and now June has come with even warmer weather, societies are opening up, people out demonstrating for a much more important matter than playing tanks?

Draakard #18 Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23305 battles

There are also other games out there and something called RL (real life)….

You should do what you find entertaining and fun :)

TankkiPoju #19 Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 25893 battles
5x missions and boosters pretty much eliminated grinding from the game. Even tier 9 => 10 is like 30-40 games now.

Miller1973 #20 Posted 06 June 2020 - 11:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14790 battles
Apart from a couple of lines I stop at tier 6. I can't compete above that so why bother?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users