Jump to content


Why are Profiles available on EBay, what is WOT doing about this?


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Marcco17 #1 Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:46 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 53850 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    11-14-2012
there are multiple profiles for sale on Ebay for WOT, some are selling for thousands of Euros, If WOT allows this to continue then the game is completely screwed and honest players will leave. WOT needs to act quickly to maintain the integrity of the game.

OniichanSenpai #2 Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2667 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    03-11-2020

View PostMarcco17, on 07 June 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

 If WOT allows this to continue then the game is completely screwed and honest players will leave. 

 

Why? Why would anyone leave the game because someone else bought an account? Buying an account is kind of useless IMO because there are already grinding services online which can grind you any amount of credits/tanks for money. This is nothing that breaks the game tho...



LandserSkin #3 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35310 battles
  • 259
  • [HTKL] HTKL
  • Member since:
    05-12-2011

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 07 June 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

 

Why? Why would anyone leave the game because someone else bought an account? Buying an account is kind of useless IMO because there are already grinding services online which can grind you any amount of credits/tanks for money. This is nothing that breaks the game tho...

Because it's against the rules, just like the boosting services. If they don't enforce THESE particular rules, why should players be banned for cheating? Buying an account with all tanks unlocked or rare/never sold premiums is basically cheating. It doesn't matter that who buys the account is still bad at the game. Buying an account with Obj 260, 279(e), Obj 907 and T95/Chieftain is basically pi**ing on everyone wo worked their butts off to get those tanks. Not standing by ALL your rules gives a feeling of uncertainty and people leave because of that.



____Green____ #4 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29344 battles
  • 425
  • [D-SEN] D-SEN
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

On the other hand - I know guys who played wot for 5-10 years and quit because of reasons (work, kids, family, lack of interest, not acceptional game changes, etc)

Accs with campaign tanks, mission reward tanks, premium tanks, marathon reward tanks and almost all tech tree X tier's :)

Mostly all who dont have campaign tanks or mission reward tanks will say - that is unfair, you can not sale or give away that acc until those guys get their own opportunity to get hands on acc like that. ;)

 

 

 



Homer_J #5 Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33938 battles
  • 38,484
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostLandserSkin, on 16 June 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

Because it's against the rules, just like the boosting services. If they don't enforce THESE particular rules,

They do.

 

Also by buying these accounts you risk getting scammed.  I've seen plenty of cases where the original account owner took back control after selling an account.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users