Add new British Tech Tree of Chieftain with perfect balanced.

Chieftain Tech Tree New Tank Tanks Tech Tree British Heavy

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

mikoezx #1 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19099 battles

I like to create this forum for new British Tech Tree chieftain tank.

I create tank stats on below, It look balance now as perfect. no needed to nerfed.

Pros and Cons

Pros:

Great strong turret

Good ammo pen

Great gun depression

Good defend against the HEAT ammo on hull side.

Cons:

Bottom front hull could be huge showing of the full weakspots thickness is 76.2mm Included the Tier 8 to 10.

Top front hull is alright it could be bounce off on AP and APCR.

Hull side pretty very weak.

Need remember to stay turret face for against the enemy may be to trying shot at the turret side are weaks

Need remember turret need always up or flat. If going to downhill, that could big risk to pen of the turret.

Health pool is very low, could be short survival life.

Here tanks stats for Tier 8, 9 and 10.

Tier 8 Chieftain Prototype P6 (short called Chieftain Pr. P6)

This is first Chieftain prototype, pretty good turret armor could up 300+ mm at effective armor, but it has weakspot on roof not a big one. 

Click here picture of Tier 8 Chieftain Prototype P6

Tier 8 Chieftain Prototype P6

Tier 9 Chieftain Prototype G1 (short called Chieftain Pr. G1)

This is second Chieftain prototype very similar of Chieftain Prototype P6, also been improvement armor than P6 for extra hull (spare armor for HEAT proof) and turret armor to better survival life. Pretty good turret armor could up 350+ mm at effective armor, but it has weakspot on roof not a big one.

Click here picture of Tier 9 Chieftain Prototype G1

Tier 9 Chieftain Prototype G1 stats

Tier 9 Premium T95/Chieftain

This is mix of america hull from T95 with chieftain turret armor thickness similar of Chieftain Prototype G1. Pretty good turret armor could up 350+ mm at effective armor, but it has weakspot on roof not a big one and hull pretty badly only 108mm thickness (208mm effective armor on AP at 64° original angle also If down hull could be ricochet)   (Same hull armor from Tier 8 Premium chieftain tank link on below)

Click here picture of Tier 9 Premium T95/Chieftain

Tier 9 Premium T95/Chieftain stats

Tier 10 Chieftain Mk.1

This is successful first new Chieftain mark number one (Chieftain Mk.1) huge improvement than Chieftain Prototype G1 for more extra hull and turret to better survival life. Pretty good turret armor could up 400+ mm at effective armor similar of T95/FV4201 Chieftain, but it has weakspot on roof not a big one.

Click here picture of Tier 10 Chieftain Mk.1

Tier 10 Chieftain Mk.1 stats

I've been created new Tier 8 Chieftain Premium link : http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/733875-wargaming-should-be-add-new-tier-8-premium-chieftain-prototype-pike-nose-for-similar-of-t95fv4201-chieftain/page__fromsearch__1

I'm hopefully this would be smooth also, I still excited about this tank with this same stats!

Edited by mikoezx, 19 June 2020 - 01:16 AM.

leggasiini #2 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18657 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Tier 8 looks way to good for tier 8, that gun is pretty much best in tier but it also has good mobility, seemingly good turret and -10 gun depression. With just HP, pen and maybe a DPM buff it could probably work as a tier 9. 400 alpha is so much higher than 400 at tier 9 and 10; I don't think it having great gun stats/DPM like tier 9/10 is very justified for that reason.

The Chieftain Mk 6 already exists in-game files, so it probably would make more sense to have that as tier 10.

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

While I appreciate the effort that the OP has gone to, and in addition I wholeheartedly agree with him that there are enough tanks for a second UK heavy line. I would point out that there are quite a few prototypes that got built and sit in the tank museum at Bovington that could be put into a tree.

I also agree with leggasiini that given the Chieftain Mk.VI has been in the game files for a very long time, and is played on the tablet and console versions of WoT that should be the tier X.

I would also refer the OP to this tree here =http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

which includes lower tiers and a few built models.

UserZer00 #4 Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

ATTN: The following post is the opinion of a casual player and this should be taken into consideration when analyzing it's contents.  Any resemblance to a post from more experienced or WOT gurus is purely coincidental, similar to a broken clock being correct twice a day.

Pros and Cons

Pros:

Great strong turret

Good ammo pen

Great gun depression

So basically the Pros give pretty much every advantage that people complain about on the OPed tanks (aside from troll armor angles maybe):

- Being able to be a beast while hull down or on a ridge while still able to deal damage due to high pen ammo

Cons:

Bottom front hull could be huge showing of the full weakspots thickness is 76.2mm Included the Tier 8 to 10.

Need remember to stay turret face for against the enemy may be to trying shot at the turret side are weaks

Need remember turret need always up or flat. If going to downhill, that could big risk to pen of the turret.

The health pool is about the only con that could be seen as a balance as most other tanks already have the other or similar weaknesses.

It's true that it would be nice if WG made it so that each nation had a "strong" tank line that could go toe to toe to the existing "strong" tanks. 

Instead they introduce national "gimmicks", which often don't work against "strong" tanks and unbalance even further the gameplay for existing tech tree tanks.

With all this being said, I don't see how introducing your proposed tech tree would damage the game further and it would at least add a useful grind to the British tech tree.

Galan7891 #5 Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles
Can you guys explain to a scrub like me the point of having another Hull down HT line when Brits allready have the SC line?

trispect #6 Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:52 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36947 battles
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY

View PostGalan7891, on 07 June 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

Can you guys explain to a scrub like me the point of having another Hull down HT line when Brits allready have the SC line?

Well it isn't that different, but it would be cool to have the Chieftain in the game since it's quite iconic real world tank. And the Chieftain Mk. VI is pretty balanced tier 10 heavy, since it's turret is a lot weaker than the reward Chieftain's.

Edited by trispect, 07 June 2020 - 12:55 PM.

tajj7 #7 Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

I do find it odd that we have -

• a Chieftain in the game files, modelled and ready to go,
  • a tank that loads of people would grind I reckon as it's an iconic tank.
  • That general powercreep means it probably wouldn't even be that good.
  • That if you fiddled with the mobility a little you could make it a the more mobile British heavy line (and also now the meds go 50kph it could slot nicely in at like 40-45kph speed wise)
  • With plenty of real prototype versions to fill the tier 8-10 spots. (you could literally even put the FV4202 in with maybe a 105 with 360 alpha or something as a tier 8 because it was a test bed for elements of the Chieftain design)

Which overall seems a lot of good reasons for a mini-branch, but instead we are getting a completely made up (pretty much) Polish medium line with a nitro boost (and likely similarly largely made up Italian heavy line).

There is also clearly plenty of tanks for another US medium line (though lots have been used for premiums) but they don't seem to want to do that either.

Seems they are more determined to add to the smaller tech trees than the bigger ones, even though the bigger ones have more options (like the British tree also could have a WV line and another light line where they actually use real lights)

saxsan4 #8 Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Posttajj7, on 07 June 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

I do find it odd that we have -

• a Chieftain in the game files, modelled and ready to go,
  • a tank that loads of people would grind I reckon as it's an iconic tank.
  • That general powercreep means it probably wouldn't even be that good.
  • That if you fiddled with the mobility a little you could make it a the more mobile British heavy line (and also now the meds go 50kph it could slot nicely in at like 40-45kph speed wise)
  • With plenty of real prototype versions to fill the tier 8-10 spots. (you could literally even put the FV4202 in with maybe a 105 with 360 alpha or something as a tier 8 because it was a test bed for elements of the Chieftain design)

Which overall seems a lot of good reasons for a mini-branch, but instead we are getting a completely made up (pretty much) Polish medium line with a nitro boost (and likely similarly largely made up Italian heavy line).

There is also clearly plenty of tanks for another US medium line (though lots have been used for premiums) but they don't seem to want to do that either.

Seems they are more determined to add to the smaller tech trees than the bigger ones, even though the bigger ones have more options (like the British tree also could have a WV line and another light line where they actually use real lights)

AND chieftain MK 6 is already a tech tree tank in wot console and very popular, and already on chin server, and look on my signature, it there ready to go

mikoezx #9 Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19099 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 07 June 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

Tier 8 looks way to good for tier 8, that gun is pretty much best in tier but it also has good mobility, seemingly good turret and -10 gun depression. With just HP, pen and maybe a DPM buff it could probably work as a tier 9. 400 alpha is so much higher than 400 at tier 9 and 10; I don't think it having great gun stats/DPM like tier 9/10 is very justified for that reason.

The Chieftain Mk 6 already exists in-game files, so it probably would make more sense to have that as tier 10.

Anyone people want Chieftain Mk.6 on Tech Tree I think it bad idea because pretty weak hull side tank and huge showing of weakspot roof turret, but It has highest DPM and super accuracy than Super Conqueror

mikoezx #10 Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19099 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 07 June 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

ATTN: The following post is the opinion of a casual player and this should be taken into consideration when analyzing it's contents.  Any resemblance to a post from more experienced or WOT gurus is purely coincidental, similar to a broken clock being correct twice a day.

Pros and Cons

Pros:

Great strong turret

Good ammo pen

Great gun depression

So basically the Pros give pretty much every advantage that people complain about on the OPed tanks (aside from troll armor angles maybe):

- Being able to be a beast while hull down or on a ridge while still able to deal damage due to high pen ammo

Cons:

The health pool is about the only con that could be seen as a balance as most other tanks already have the other or similar weaknesses.

It's true that it would be nice if WG made it so that each nation had a "strong" tank line that could go toe to toe to the existing "strong" tanks. 

Instead they introduce national "gimmicks", which often don't work against "strong" tanks and unbalance even further the gameplay for existing tech tree tanks.

With all this being said, I don't see how introducing your proposed tech tree would damage the game further and it would at least add a useful grind to the British tech tree.

It's won't damage game further, I'm smart and high experience this game to mean knew balanced fair gameplay. The Chieftain line has weak hull as well and please note it is not similar T95/FV4201 Chieftain turret you can see real picture of Chieftain bit big weakspot roof and not a russian troll armor, so it certain balanced as well.

I've T95/FV4201 Chieftain tank, anyone complain it's so OP tank, not really because mostly pro players have it for trying to done 3 mark as well, imagine if someone got that tank with bot stats you can beat him easily I can beat it with my Object 277 tank has lots of advantage is APCR proof.

I'm pleased to anyone listen, just add new British Heavy tank of Cheiftain on the Tech Tree and learn how to pen Chieftain tank :medal::great:

23:48 Added after 7 minute

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 June 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

AND chieftain MK 6 is already a tech tree tank in wot console and very popular, and already on chin server, and look on my signature, it there ready to go

You right it's very balanced perfect, I compare it of new Chieftain Mk.1 has extra improve hull side and turret. The accuracy and DPM been little nerfed for balance very similar of Super Conqueror, but better than the this new tank.

Inappropriate_noob #11 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19011 battles
  • [KV1] KV1
Just no, we do not want more British crap in the game, the current garbage is painful enough.

tajj7 #12 Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

View Postmikoezx, on 07 June 2020 - 11:41 PM, said:

You right it's very balanced perfect, I compare it of new Chieftain Mk.1 has extra improve hull side and turret. The accuracy and DPM been little nerfed for balance very similar of Super Conqueror, but better than the this new tank.

Well the game files Chieftain Mk. 6 is basically what a balanced Chieftain should look like rather than the current T95/FV4201, which is too good.

It's basically a more mobile Super Conq, with more DPM and gun handling, but worse armour pretty much everywhere, and an actual cupola that is a proper weakspot unlike the T95/FV4201, because it's much bigger and you can still see it at full gun depression, plus other parts of the turret have weaker points. 

I mean really the Chieftain Mk.6 in the game files is a fast FV215b with a frontally mounted turret, excellent gun handling and DPM, good but not amazing armour and the 215b is one of the worst tier 10 heavies. 

arthurwellsley #13 Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View PostGalan7891, on 07 June 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

The UK was a tank building nation.

Hundreds of Chieftains were built (and some were even sold as exports to other countries).

Prototypes were built in steel, pictures were taken, testing was undertaken and detailed drawings and conclusions were kept.

Some of them are still in museums.

Lots of obsolete Chieftains got relegated to use as targets on military areas. Because the UK is fairly open, it is possible on some days to walk to the Chieftains and climb on them.

undutchable80 #14 Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15316 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postarthurwellsley, on 08 June 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

That looks like the Anniversary Mk.1 camo....:amazed:

Marlekin #15 Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:34 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 34027 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR
You guys remember? When WG said the FV215 was going to replaced by... 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/16/the-chieftain-as-tier-10/

Galan7891 #16 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 08 June 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

The UK was a tank building nation.

Hundreds of Chieftains were built (and some were even sold as exports to other countries).

Prototypes were built in steel, pictures were taken, testing was undertaken and detailed drawings and conclusions were kept.

Some of them are still in museums.

Lots of obsolete Chieftains got relegated to use as targets on military areas. Because the UK is fairly open, it is possible on some days to walk to the Chieftains and climb on them.

I dont doubt British tank engineering !My question was more about gameplay than historical reasons!Thanks for the info though!

Kdingo #17 Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles
Time to add a proper t-64 with 125mm smoothbore. I mean its not like it wouldn´t fit the time period.

Also tagged with Chieftain, Tech Tree, New, Tank, Tanks, Tech, Tree, British, Heavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users