With love from WoTLabs.net

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Nornir #1 Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39265 battles
  • [WHSC] WHSC

I would love to point out to the community, the love one of the WG partners on the developer program has for the WOT players. 

While you, the player, are bound to the very strict rules of this forum, WoTLabs, with their gained awareness, is shaming you on their public forums, including quotes from this one.

[edited]

All of this is against the terms and conditions of the WG developer api, from which I've extracted a few items of interest:

Block Quote

WHAT THE API MUST NOT BE USED FOR

- causes or is intended to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- is abusive, harmful, threatening or defamatory or may otherwise cause offence (including uploading any material that contains a virus or other malicious code);

- promotes discrimination or is likely to incite hatred;

Block Quote

2. CONTENT

All content in the Application must be carefully moderated. 

The second one is really awful, since it's exactly their head moderator that repeatedly does this.

In case you are wondering, in this matter support was contacted and declined their competence:

Block Quote

While WOTLabs is a  third party site which utilizes the Wargaming API, us from Player Support does not have or unable to influence that field.

Edited by unhappy__bunny, 07 June 2020 - 10:34 PM.
Removed naming & shaming content

OniichanSenpai #2 Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2689 battles

What are you even trying to say?

God I'm so fed up with Engrish... After reading in this forum, my Indian colleagues already sound like Oxford professors to my ears.

qpranger #3 Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

Balc0ra #4 Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
So you pointed out the rules we have to follow here, and you instantly break it by showing that they don't have to follow it? Point proven I guess.

Private_Miros #5 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29730 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Wotlabs uses the API to get your tank data to reflect your overall and recent stats thus: https://wotlabs.net/eu/player/nornir

This is the same that any stats-site does. While WoTLabs developed WN-ratings, the updating has been handed over to the XVM-team for a number of years now.

Stats are an objective reflection of your actions in battle (which may or may not include choices that could be described as padding).

If pixel tank stats cause you "annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety" or form to you a basis to "discriminate or incite hatred", I'd suggest focussing on more important things in life.

If there's any virus or even false alert on the site, for example due to an add banner, please report this on the forums or to me directly via PM.

I hope that is of help.

S lyubov'yu ot WoTLabsa

Edited by Private_Miros, 07 June 2020 - 11:14 PM.

Kdingo #6 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostNornir, on 07 June 2020 - 10:21 PM, said:

I would love to point out to the community, the love one of the WG partners on the developer program has for the WOT players. 

While you, the player, are bound to the very strict rules of this forum, WoTLabs, with their gained awareness, is shaming you on their public forums, including quotes from this one.

I actually wonder, why do you think someone cares what happens on a forum that he doesn´t visit?

Gruff_ #7 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26116 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW
does not compute

DaniulSims #8 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
WoTlabs and it's forum have no direct association with WG, and hence do not abide by any of their rules.

BattleMetalChris #9 Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11134 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Oh no I'm possibly being shamed on 4chan-with-tanks, whatever shall I do?

Happily those people have anime profile pictures, and so their opinions can be ignored.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So apparently my... "response" did trigger others in OP's clan to PM me with images of some known names having a casual rant on their forum about players.

So instead of responding to those... more. I'm just gonna say it and leave it here. It's a 3rd party site. Not a WG run site. The rules of naming and shaming apply here only. If others want to share how bad some are on other sources. Then that's up to them. Heck even WG community contributors do it in their content at times, and WG don't react to it. Why? Because it's posted on youtube, not this forum in a separate rant. And we don't need to go into details of what can happen if WG did suddenly start to claim those, based on simply calling someone out that played badly that you can see the fake name of.

unhappy__bunny #11 Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:09 AM

Brigadier

• 21460 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

And on that note, it is time to bring the curtain down on this thread. 

Roll the credits, play the National Anthem 

The Audience stands for a moment and then leaves the theatre in an orderly and dignified manner. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users