Caernarvon = Tier 8 Matilda

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Semih_Dellal #1 Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7810 battles

After 50 battles...its just wow...

Achieved %60 winrate now...(though it will reduce to fifties when battle count increases of course)

The shooting experience is great with it...i played 250+ battles with matilda and really enjoyed it a lot...

This tank is its tier8 version for me...forget the alpha damage...reload speed and penetration is outstanding (those two are more important aspects of the gun for me)

Either go hull-down or -fire and advance- both roles suits it perfectly...

Played almost 500 battles with T32 and like it a lot...but it is nowhere near to caernarvon in terms of attacking capabilities...

Mobility is ok...not too bad like german heavies of its tier...

easy-to-use and reliable...suits me very well :D

MajorTom_7000 #2 Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20229 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
Just needs clutch breaking as first driver skill. Although people say the super conq is a great tank I have about a 55 percent win rate in the caerny and a 46 in the conq (900) battles and super conq.  The caerny is the better tank tier for tier, unless you fire a lot of gold (I kept thinking just one more crew skill and the conq will be good, I was wrong :( ). The caerny is awsome and great for frontlines too. Still my Conq and super conq 4 skill  crews are good for my beloved Tog. Oh and the matilda is my favourite tank in the game, the one I put my purple gun laying drive on :) I put my other purple gun laying drive on my Tog :)

Edited by MajorTom_7000, 08 June 2020 - 01:49 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:54 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

The Caernarvon is ridiculously OP. 8th highest DPM of ALL tier 8 tanks, and is tough to crack when hulldown. The only balancing factor is the Matilda-like mobility, and the rest of the armor.

But maaan... I remember taking it to tier 8 Team Battles back in the day and always ending up top on damage, in a sea of IS-3s.

It's a really good tank. Situational, but strong.

Inappropriate_noob #4 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19011 battles
  • [KV1] KV1
Needs an  armour buff garbage tank and it is nowhere near the Matilda for RoF 5.11 seconds way too slow, only when it is lower than two seconds can anything be compared to the mighty Matilda, but very nice that it works for the Op and everyone else.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 08 June 2020 - 01:54 AM, said:

The Caernarvon is ridiculously OP. 8th highest DPM of ALL tier 8 tanks, and is tough to crack when hulldown. The only balancing factor is the Matilda-like mobility, and the rest of the armor.

But maaan... I remember taking it to tier 8 Team Battles back in the day and always ending up top on damage, in a sea of IS-3s.

It's a really good tank. Situational, but strong.

It was one of the more worthless tier 8 HTs until they removed that 20 pdr, and slapped on that 32. Tho most when it was announced thought 2585 base DPM was a tad insane. As with a good crew etc, that can crawl up to 3K.

I do like mine tbh. I would not call it ridiculously OP compared to other broken or OP tier 8's. But really strong in the right map spot and MM. In the wrong one, the DPM won't save it in most 1 on 1's. As it's not as forgiving as the Defender or VK. If it was, it would be ridiculously broken. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users