Jump to content


Random Number Generator It needs a big and quick repair.


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Final_Eclipse #1 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19968 battles
  • 112
  • [_BGW_] _BGW_
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

When do you plan to fix the program with which it supposedly works but in fact does not work at all properly. I'm starting to feel like an idiot in your buggy game.
Here are some pictures to make you laugh at how sick you are Random Number Generator.

Тhe last picture is the whole comedy.

Today I decided to follow exactly what the problem is me or the game.

I definitely understand now that you need to fix your buggy game before you want people to pay for something so spoiled.

I pay money and I get nervous and wrap up that I'm not a good player but it turned out that the game just does what it wants and it doesn't matter if you are a premium or not , good or bad player.

At the moment, this is a joke with everyone who plays this game.
I told you that there are no skills here, but just software that tells you who to win and who not who to take prizes and who does not.
But the worst thing is that only certain people receive the benefits that are pre-selected.

There is no way to hit 10 times the weaknesses of the enemy and 10 times not to pierce the shells.

I want someone competent to tell me that this is not the case and that this is normal.

 

Thanks in advance to all who read and gave an opinion on this topic.

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_017.jpg   592.24K
  • Attached File   shot_018.jpg   706.21K
  • Attached File   shot_019.jpg   705.93K
  • Attached File   shot_020.jpg   729.04K
  • Attached File   shot_021.jpg   704.82K
  • Attached File   shot_022.jpg   687.59K
  • Attached File   shot_023.jpg   896.58K
  • Attached File   shot_024.jpg   791.32K
  • Attached File   shot_025.jpg   702.45K
  • Attached File   shot_026.jpg   779.2K
  • Attached File   shot_027.jpg   649.86K


crnakoza #2 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:13 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 63756 battles
  • 2,124
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014


Kdingo #3 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33290 battles
  • 8,776
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011
RNG for the most part is fine to me, just the accuracy/dispersion sucks monkey balls at times. Like when you have a streak of shells going to the outer edges of the far to large aim circle, you could as well just shoot blank shells.

Final_Eclipse #4 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19968 battles
  • 112
  • [_BGW_] _BGW_
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015
Тhank you for answering me.
I am very disappointed that so much effort goes to waste.

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:23 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 63871 battles
  • 2,729
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Did you really expect to pen an IS-4 like that?

qpranger #6 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
The travesty that is the "aiming circle" is what really kills the game for me. When you have a 110% crew with all the relevant skills and equipment, and you are fully aimed at the hull of the motionless enemy just 70 metres from you, and then your shot goes into the ground by his tracks. This is mockery of my efforts and my skill. I deserve better. Thank God for War Thunder.

ABC_Przyrody #7 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 21998 battles
  • 762
  • [1PADX] 1PADX
  • Member since:
    12-19-2010
I'd say that only AMX 50 shoot was surprising that it didn't pen.

Kdingo #8 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:30 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33290 battles
  • 8,776
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postqpranger, on 08 June 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

The travesty that is the "aiming circle" is what really kills the game for me. When you have a 110% crew with all the relevant skills and equipment, and you are fully aimed at the hull of the motionless enemy just 70 metres from you, and then your shot goes into the ground by his tracks. This is mockery of my efforts and my skill. I deserve better. Thank God for War Thunder.

 

Yeah this was indeed way better before they butchered dispersion/accuracy.



NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:35 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,398
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostABC_Przyrody, on 08 June 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

I'd say that only AMX 50 shoot was surprising that it didn't pen.

 

Look it up on tanks.gg, that's the thickest part of the entire tank's armor. https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-50-b/model

 

Logic? What's that? Food? A type of kitchen utensil?

 

That shot in the rear of the 277's turret is the most puzzling. How on Earth is that even possible?


Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 08 June 2020 - 02:39 PM.


fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:37 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 63871 battles
  • 2,729
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postqpranger, on 08 June 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

The travesty that is the "aiming circle" is what really kills the game for me. When you have a 110% crew with all the relevant skills and equipment, and you are fully aimed at the hull of the motionless enemy just 70 metres from you, and then your shot goes into the ground by his tracks. This is mockery of my efforts and my skill. I deserve better. Thank God for War Thunder.

So you basically want (fully aimed) guns to be more accurate? Honest question. Keep in mind that would lead to sniping being more effective. Not sure if that is a good thing. Also, reduced aim times or less gun bloom would result in faster gameplay in general, is that what you want? It would become more of a twitch shooter than a tactical shooter. 



crnakoza #11 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 63756 battles
  • 2,124
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014

First things first, the gun on Kranvagn has 252mm of penetration at 100m (this drops off at the distance if you didn't know, except for HEAT which is immune to distance).

 

Object 268 both times you hit the parts of roughly 250 mm of effective armour

 

AMX 50B you hit the most armoured place on the entire tank, news flash for you, AMX 50B has a strong beak, and the place you hit has roughly 300mm of effective armour, go check it out

 

EBR is a penetrating hit, no issue there

 

IS4 first hit the area that has around 240 mm of effective armour, while the second one hits the part that is almost 290mm effectively, third hit was never going to go in, that area from that angle is over 300mm, fourth hit was the area that is ~270mm, and the last hit is the area with ~260mm effective armour

 

Which only leaves the object 277 hit which is very odd, I can't explain that one.

 

 

 

 

 

 



ABC_Przyrody #12 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 21998 battles
  • 762
  • [1PADX] 1PADX
  • Member since:
    12-19-2010

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 08 June 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

 

Look it up on tanks.gg, that's the thickest part of the entire tank's armor. https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-50-b/model

 

Logic? What's that? Food? A type of kitchen utensil?

 

Oh, ok. I didn't know it's that thick.


Edited by ABC_Przyrody, 08 June 2020 - 02:38 PM.


Crasharr #13 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17830 battles
  • 181
  • [DGAH] DGAH
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

Oh come on guys, the OP has a very solid point. The RNG in this game is one of the main reasons its no longer fun to play for many. Sometimes its the high/low roll RNG but personally i find the accuracy RNG most infuriating. Its should either be constant or much less intrusive, say maybe 10% or so.

 

You know how some games you cant hit the broadside of a barn and the next game everything hits and pens. Thats just not fun when you aim the same shots but they just wont connect for crap anymore. Thats not fun!



DaniulSims #14 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11471 battles
  • 1,020
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

View Postqpranger, on 08 June 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

The travesty that is the "aiming circle" is what really kills the game for me. When you have a 110% crew with all the relevant skills and equipment, and you are fully aimed at the hull of the motionless enemy just 70 metres from you, and then your shot goes into the ground by his tracks. This is mockery of my efforts and my skill. I deserve better. Thank God for War Thunder.

imagine saying all of this, but play Arcade battles in WT.



Dava_117 #15 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Moderator
  • 24592 battles
  • 6,795
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

I see nothing strange there. Your shooting APCR, that get less normalization compared to AP, on sloped thick armour plates and expect them to pen...


Edited by Dava_117, 08 June 2020 - 02:47 PM.


qpranger #16 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:54 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostDaniulSims, on 08 June 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

imagine saying all of this, but play Arcade battles in WT.

 

My eyesight is poor as it is, I wear glasses since childhood, so I need markers for enemy vehicles. God knows I tried to get into RB, watched so many YouTube videos by RB players - and RE-watched them, but I am physically unable to spot those enemies half the time, no matter how hard I squint. So I am indeed stuck in AB and you can laugh if you want, but I care about my eyesight more.



tajj7 #17 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30188 battles
  • 18,142
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postcrnakoza, on 08 June 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

First things first, the gun on Kranvagn has 252mm of penetration at 100m (this drops off at the distance if you didn't know, except for HEAT which is immune to distance).

 

Object 268 both times you hit the parts of roughly 250 mm of effective armour

 

AMX 50B you hit the most armoured place on the entire tank, news flash for you, AMX 50B has a strong beak, and the place you hit has roughly 300mm of effective armour, go check it out

 

EBR is a penetrating hit, no issue there

 

IS4 first hit the area that has around 240 mm of effective armour, while the second one hits the part that is almost 290mm effectively, third hit was never going to go in, that area from that angle is over 300mm, fourth hit was the area that is ~270mm, and the last hit is the area with ~260mm effective armour

 

Which only leaves the object 277 hit which is very odd, I can't explain that one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeh only the 277 bounce is odd, I'm presuming a client desync issue there and the shot didn't actually hit there. 



qpranger #18 Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:59 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 08 June 2020 - 04:37 PM, said:

So you basically want (fully aimed) guns to be more accurate? Honest question. Keep in mind that would lead to sniping being more effective. Not sure if that is a good thing. Also, reduced aim times or less gun bloom would result in faster gameplay in general, is that what you want? It would become more of a twitch shooter than a tactical shooter. 

 

Yes, I want more gun accuracy derived from crew skills and my skill. In War Thunder tank guns are more accurate AND there are many more oneshots, by your logic that would make battles over there much shorter than in WOT, right? But they are not shorter. One obvious reason is much larger maps and the other is respawns. I am not saying that WOT should emulate everything from there, I am merely pointing out that there are always ways to prolong battles.


Edited by qpranger, 08 June 2020 - 03:00 PM.


Kdingo #19 Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33290 battles
  • 8,776
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 08 June 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

So you basically want (fully aimed) guns to be more accurate? Honest question. Keep in mind that would lead to sniping being more effective. Not sure if that is a good thing. Also, reduced aim times or less gun bloom would result in faster gameplay in general, is that what you want? It would become more of a twitch shooter than a tactical shooter. 

 

In all honesty, wg messed up with the dispersion changes to "nerf" accuracy.

Instead of just using the far to big aim circle and just disperse the shells inside it they should have reworked the aim circles to more appropriate sizes prior or should have left the whole dispersion alone.

Right now you sometimes have bad luck that leads to even an accurate gun feels like you try to snipe a 400m target with a sawed of shotgun. The dispersion values, given the distances, are totally of the charts of what those tanks would have had in real life testing.

Sure this is an arcade game and not realistic but i think the stretch away from realism in this regard went to far, shells would literally have to leave the barrel halfway through to manage this sort of weird dispersion patterns.



Private_Miros #20 Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostCrasharr, on 08 June 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

Oh come on guys, the OP has a very solid point. The RNG in this game is one of the main reasons its no longer fun to play for many. Sometimes its the high/low roll RNG but personally i find the accuracy RNG most infuriating. Its should either be constant or much less intrusive, say maybe 10% or so.

 

You know how some games you cant hit the broadside of a barn and the next game everything hits and pens. Thats just not fun when you aim the same shots but they just wont connect for crap anymore. Thats not fun!

 

The thing is that most of those hits don't have much to do with RNG. Only the relatively straight Obj 268 and IS-4 lower plate shot would have gone through with a very high penetration RNG roll (and OP actually had one such high roll that damaged on the Obj).

 

The 277 hit is the only odd one out, and even that is not RNG related. Either it hit part of the turret that is already highly sloped on top (and thus very high effective armor), or the client didn't register the location of the shot correctly.

 

-----------

 

Hitting and not penning can be due to penetration RNG, but usually has other causes that are linked to the actual armor or to other mechanics at play (such as hitting parts of the tank that aren't part of the hitbox).

 

Aiming dispersion is an issue, but dispersion is not the same as RNG either. And it does seem that those shots that hit weren't horrible far away from where OP aimed.


Edited by Private_Miros, 08 June 2020 - 03:10 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users