Jump to content


Luchs and Pz 1C. No longer fun.


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Kram1970 #1 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 55419 battles
  • 32
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U
  • Member since:
    05-24-2015

For the Luchs and the Panzer 1C the attraction of driving them was the high damage potential in short period of time.  You had to work on your crew to get them to the point where they were effective but they were FUN to play because of the rapid firing guns available to them,

 

Patch 1.9 introduced the increased health pools for all vehicles in the lower tier and I think this has been successful.  Quietly, almost sneakily, a number of vehicles were made into collector vehicles and simply nerfed. 

 

The rate of fire decreases and changes to both the Luchs and Panzer 1C have removed any fun that was in them.  Making vehicles more the same and less enjoyable is not a recipe for a successful gaming experiience.

 

With good players and experienced crews the Luchs and the Pz 1C could be terrors, especially the Pz 1C.  Now I will just leave them in my garage remembering how much fun they were to play.

 

I am very upset at the castration of these vehicles.  They are not worth playing any more because they are no longer FUN to play.

 

 



Kdingo #2 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:42 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33290 battles
  • 8,776
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011
This are next level seal clubber issues.

Private_Miros #3 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

No longer able to one clip 50% crew newbies = no fun.

 

Uh-hu.


Edited by Private_Miros, 09 June 2020 - 07:44 PM.


Kdingo #4 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33290 battles
  • 8,776
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 09 June 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

No longer able to one clip 50% crew newbies = no fun.

 

Uhu.

 

Not that it matters, but doesn't wg give newbies 100% crews to start with?



Private_Miros #5 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKdingo, on 09 June 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

 

Not that it matters, but doesn't wg give newbies 100% crews to start with?

 

In their tier I tanks, yes. No idea after that. I presume not.



Kram1970 #6 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 55419 battles
  • 32
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U
  • Member since:
    05-24-2015

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 09 June 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

No longer able to one clip 50% crew newbies = no fun.

 

Uh-hu.

No.  Not my point.

 

The increased health pools mostly resolved this.  50% crew newbies will ALWAYS die quickly so I don't think you have a valid response.

 

The Luchs and Pz 1C are available to anyone with the Pz 1C being a "collectors" vehicle.  They had unique characteristics that made them enjoyable.  I am trying to advocate againstly boringly uniform vehicles.  I don't believe there was a vast swell for the rate of fire changes imposed.  Unique and enjoyable vehicles do have a place in the game. 



Erwin_Von_Braun #7 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:54 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46609 battles
  • 7,500
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostKdingo, on 09 June 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

This are next level seal clubber issues.

 

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 09 June 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

No longer able to one clip 50% crew newbies = no fun.

 

Uh-hu.

Why is it that everyone who enjoys playing fun little tanks like these have to be a seal clubber?

Seems like there's some next level snobbery going on here ;)
Try playing either of these vehicles at 2am on a Saturday, or Sunday, morning - no newbies around and some of the most challenging gameplay you could hope for:)

 

18:55 Added after 1 minute

View PostKram1970, on 09 June 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

For the Luchs and the Panzer 1C the attraction of driving them was the high damage potential in short period of time.  You had to work on your crew to get them to the point where they were effective but they were FUN to play because of the rapid firing guns available to them,

 

Patch 1.9 introduced the increased health pools for all vehicles in the lower tier and I think this has been successful.  Quietly, almost sneakily, a number of vehicles were made into collector vehicles and simply nerfed. 

 

The rate of fire decreases and changes to both the Luchs and Panzer 1C have removed any fun that was in them.  Making vehicles more the same and less enjoyable is not a recipe for a successful gaming experiience.

 

With good players and experienced crews the Luchs and the Pz 1C could be terrors, especially the Pz 1C.  Now I will just leave them in my garage remembering how much fun they were to play.

 

I am very upset at the castration of these vehicles.  They are not worth playing any more because they are no longer FUN to play.

 

 


100% agreement - two of the most fun vehicles in the game have been neutered :(



Private_Miros #8 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 09 June 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

Seems like there's some next level snobbery going on here ;)

Try playing either of these vehicles at 2am on a Saturday, or Sunday, morning - no newbies around and some of the most challenging gameplay you could hope for:)

 

I am fine with people playing any tier. But calling them neutered just because you cannot one clip tanks is a bit silly. It implies the one complaining basically only relied on that aspect of the tank.



Kdingo #9 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33290 battles
  • 8,776
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 09 June 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

 

Why is it that everyone who enjoys playing fun little tanks like these have to be a seal clubber?

Seems like there's some next level snobbery going on here ;)
Try playing either of these vehicles at 2am on a Saturday, or Sunday, morning - no newbies around and some of the most challenging gameplay you could hope for:)

 

 

Well playing those tiers ain't the problem, but when your biggest issue is that you can no longer one clip others (usually seals in that tier), then yes its definitely clubber issues.



24doom24 #10 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9571 battles
  • 1,933
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

good. :trollface:

 

1700 games in a II-J lmao


Edited by 24doom24, 09 June 2020 - 08:01 PM.


Lanrefni #11 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:02 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39431 battles
  • 5,381
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

just play the M5A1 Stuart... seriously... which wasn't changed at all.

 

it's like people are devoting shrines to the [edited] Luchs.



Kram1970 #12 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 55419 battles
  • 32
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U
  • Member since:
    05-24-2015

View Post24doom24, on 09 June 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

good. :trollface:

 

1700 games in a II-J lmao


Pz IIJ was not the topic being reviewed.  Relevance?



Balc0ra #13 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77792 battles
  • 23,592
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Luchs is still fun, even tho you don't kill a tier 3 in 2.3 seconds anymore. It still works the same way.

Edited by Balc0ra, 09 June 2020 - 08:07 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46609 battles
  • 7,500
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 09 June 2020 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

I am fine with people playing any tier. But calling them neutered just because you cannot one clip tanks is a bit silly. It implies the one complaining basically only relied on that aspect of the tank.

 

View PostKdingo, on 09 June 2020 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

Well playing those tiers ain't the problem, but when your biggest issue is that you can no longer one clip others (usually seals in that tier), then yes its definitely clubber issues.


I've read the OP quite thoroughly and can't see anything about one clipping...:unsure:

I absolutely agree with the OP in that part of the attraction of these vehicles was their high-burst potential & I can't really understand why they had to be nerfed in this manner, especially seeing as vehicles at these tiers received HP buffs.



Private_Miros #15 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

First game in at least 4 years:

 

 

Was fun. Still fun.



Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46609 battles
  • 7,500
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 June 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Luchs is still fun, even tho you don't kill a tier 3 in 2.3 seconds anymore. It still works the same way.


In the same way my dog was still my dog, even after he had his knackers chopped:trollface:



Kram1970 #17 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 55419 battles
  • 32
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U
  • Member since:
    05-24-2015

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 09 June 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

First game in at least 4 years:

 

 

Was fun. Still fun.


Congratulations.  Good result.

 

However, if you have been away as long as you say, the loss of capability is not so obvious to you.



Private_Miros #18 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKram1970, on 09 June 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:


Congratulations.  Good result.

 

However, if you have been away as long as you say, the loss of capability is not so obvious to you.

 

If that's loss of capability. Good.



Balc0ra #19 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77792 battles
  • 23,592
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 09 June 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:


In the same way my dog was still my dog, even after he had his knackers chopped:trollface:

 

Don't mean he still can't use the rest of it does it? Again, if fun for you was to kill a tier 3 in 2.3 seconds. Then sure, it's gone. But due to the lower ROF, it's actually more effective at mid range vs higher tiers, vs just up close. So it depends on what... style your dog has I guess.



qpranger #20 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:29 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
You are not supposed to have low tier fun, you are just supposed to buy higher tier premium tanks.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users