World of Tanks is full of extremists and toxic people echoing each others

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

saurilian #1 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21189 battles

What's up with all these people telling others that they are trash for having a different opinion than them?

There is so many of them here!

When did everyone forgot this game is made to be fun and varied, started trashing any tank that isn't considered the absolute best?

I hate to read people telling everyone the 113 is TRASH because 430U is better than it. So many people here use very extreme assessment levels to divide good items further than they actually are. 

Why do people not understand how toxic this community is just because of the extremism?

Manticore is TRASH because it's trash.

Centurion AX is TRASH because it has 0 turret armor and AWFUL gun

Grille 15 is TRASH because it's the worst

T110E5 is TRASH because it has IMPOSSIBLE TO HIDE weakspot

E-100 is TRASH because 60TP is better

AMX 30B is TRASH because it has bad penetration

BC 25t is TRASH because there are better tanks

All light tanks are USELESS because mediums are more effective

Sheridan is WORST because it has NO camo

AMX 13 105 is TRASH because it has ATROCIOUS gun handling

EVERY ALL ROUND  MEDIUM IS NOT WORTH IT BECAUSE 430U IS

These are opinions that I saw multiple times and people use them as valuable arguments to feel that they know sh*t and that they are right. 

I've seen people get downvoted on Reddit for liking tanks. I've seen people making fun of players that like Rhm.Pzw. I'm getting laughed at for loving my Manticore. I'm getting trashed whenever I try to defend my favorite TD - Grille.

What the f*ck is wrong with this community? 

There is so many people trashing other players just because they are outside the echo and they enjoy something different. 

I've seen it on Reddit, Facebook, in game, here on Forum. And nobody is talking how bad and wrong it is. 

There is so many meta followers people actually forget that this game is supposed to be JUST A GAME. 

There is less and less differentiation in game. Less and less people are playing tanks that require a little bit more of thought, carefulness and leaving the echo. This is creating a very toxic enviroment that encourages Wargaming to keep speeding up the game and power creeping everything in bigger and bigger steps. Yes, power creep is important to keep the game intresting, but not that f*cking hard. Because all of this trash talking decent tanks, we're getting more and more ridiculous tanks. My brother laughed when he saw T95/FV4201 turret... and he's not even playing this game. IT'S PURE RED. A light tank that goes 95kmph? What will outclass it? Hover scooter with rocket launchers flying at 200 mph? F*cking Opressor Mk.2? Then the EBR will be TRASH? Make the shells go 3000m/s! This will fix the EBR's! 

Also, WHY IS 300MM PENETRATION IS CONSIDERED BAD THESE DAYS?

How f*cking much do you need to penetrate a tank? 

Everyone's b*tching about gold spam but they trash tanks that don't have ATLEAST 330mm of gold penetration.

Grille 15 has 334 but people say it's TRASH and USELESS penetration.

So many of people here spam the f*king forum with garbage posts whining about overpowered premium tanks, but when Wargaming introduces a balanced one like ELC EVEN 90 or ISU 152k - IT'S TRASH AND NEEDS A BUFF ASAP.

Why is average considered trash in this game?

It's so god damn toxic, Wargaming created this amazing game and alot of different tanks for us to enjoy but you won't stop trashing anything that isn't the absolute best. They can't make every tank the best and balanced, it would make the game boring. The biggest thing that makes this game different than other games, is the fact that it's so varied and unpredictable.

This is why eventhough everyone seems to hate this game, they still play it!

It's because the good outweights the bad. And even if I'm wrong, does it mean Wargaming is manipulating us? It's YOUR fault that you can't control your behavior and keep playing game you HATE. Stop f*cking making other people's time terrible with your dissatisfaction and leave the god damn game.

And if you don't like the tank, just say you don't like it / it didn't work out for you / it's not in your type and not that it's TRASH and that someone else shouldn't play it. 

/end of rant.

P.S.: there is so much more I have on my mind about issues with community in this game but I can't be bothered to write it all. And yes, I know you don't care. 

Edited by saurilian, 10 June 2020 - 02:11 PM.

Kdingo #2 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

*looking for tissue manufacturer stocks as those seem to increase in value in the near future*

Nowadays understanding of toxicity/extremism is usually just someone refusing to agree, so in this sense i am all for more extremism/toxicity.

24doom24 #3 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

:teethhappy::popcorn:

saurilian #4 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21189 battles

View PostKdingo, on 10 June 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

*looking for tissue manufacturer stocks as those seem to increase in value in the near future*

Nowadays understanding of toxicity/extremism is usually just someone refusing to agree, so in this sense i am all for more extremism/toxicity.

How about creating a constructive discussion and exchanging intresting opinions to make everyone engaged with each other? 

You're not all for that?

Kdingo #5 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 10 June 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

How about creating a constructive discussion and exchanging intresting opinions to make everyone engaged with each other? 

You're not all for that?

This is wot forum, so no. You can enjoy watching monkeys fling feces at each other, which is at least entertaining. Specially when someone has a meltdown over it.

LethalWalou #6 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35909 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 10 June 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

What's up with all these people telling others that they are trash for having a different opinion than them?

When did everyone forgot this game is made to be fun and varied, started trashing any tank that isn't considered the absolute best?

I've seen people get downvoted on Reddit for liking tanks. I've seen people making fun of players that like Rhm.Pzw. I'm getting laughed at for loving my Manticore. I'm getting trashed whenever I try to defend my favorite TD - Grille.

There is so many people trashing other players just because they are outside the echo and they enjoy something different. 

I've seen it on Reddit, Facebook, in game, here on Forum. And nobody is talking how bad and wrong it is. 

When it comes to tanks, I have often wondered the same. If a tank isn't OP, it's considered trash and these people don't recommend it. This means that tanks are divided to OPs and trashes.

What comes to the toxicity, it has pretty much gotten out of hand. I can only speak of the forums. Reddit is also just an echo chamber and I've seen it in the F1 subreddit. The forums in general have people who either whine or who whine and make fun about the whining. Then there are certain groups who statshame, shame, attack and such other people. Your post will get hated on as well, proven already on the first reply.

Non-constructive posting seems to be highly valued here.

Robbie_T #7 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22765 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

YEah thats true.

People in this game are like sheep.....or 1 trick pony's

But could expect it as you see how 80%nowadays performs in the battles.think my 6 year old nephew would perform better.

Its also a generational thing....young people check everything on internet. on how to..

You can see it on you tube comments now with equipment 2.0 comming.

People asking for certain builds.....(while if you think self for a minute you would come up with the same build)

There was one video  of quickybaby a couple of years ago where he ended up on a certain spot in the end of the game /

And had a good performance on that spot due to how the game went..

Weekend after that video......12 out of 15 players where camping that spot in totally different tanks.

Miepie #8 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Nuance requires intelligence, though. Not something the WoT-playerbase (or humanity in general) is famous for. :popcorn:

wsatnutter #9 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Op has been triggered Op its a game everyone has an opinion and is entitled to their say so just chill and go and lie down in a darkened room for an hour or better still don't read the forums cos they obviously trigger you.

TheJumpMaster #10 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:35 PM

Major General

• 51126 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKdingo, on 10 June 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

This is wot forum, so no. You can enjoy watching monkeys fling feces at each other, which is at least entertaining. Specially when someone has a meltdown over it.

I think that this is an excellent example of what the OP was referring to.

wait one moment please, I need to change my hat.

Given what the OP is on about, I do feel that he has a legitimate point. I would love to see this become a better place and Kdingo is counter productive, at the moment.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37251 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostRobbie_T, on 10 June 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

YEah thats true.

People in this game are like sheep.....or 1 trick pony's

People in general are sheep, WoT isn't some exception. Tribal mentality kept us alive back when we were still banging rocks together and we haven't progressed much further when it comes down to it. 

mpf1959 #12 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37725 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

World of Tanks is full of extremists and toxic people echoing each others

Thanks for the education! :deer:

Miepie #13 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRobbie_T, on 10 June 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

People in this game are like sheep.....

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 10 June 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

People in general are sheep, 

I... I agree! People are like sheep! People are like sheep! :ohmy:

tajj7 #14 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 10 June 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

These are opinions that I saw multiple times and people use them as valuable arguments to feel that they know sh*t and that they are right. 

Because they are, even if their delivery of that opinion is not to your liking, they are still right (I also have never seen anyone offer opinions like that or use 'trash' a lot, and on the forums the vast majority of people offering opinions about tanks usually explain why they think a tank is not very good, so your comments are not even reflective of this community, and I note it's very telling that you say you see these 'all the time' but don't actually show any exampled)

What do you want people to do? Lie to people? Say tanks are competitive when they clearly are not? What is the point of that? We already have a HUGE amount of misinformation, confirmation bias, opinions based on ignorance and learn to play problems daily on the forum.

Now you don't want people to actually say tanks are bad when they are bad? It's objective fact, the Cent AX is not a good tank, there are many other better tanks, you can see that by its statistical performance and a comparison of its attributes to better tanks. So there is no point lying about it.

There are OP tanks, good tanks, average tanks and bad tanks, that is just the reality of the game.

The Rhm Panzerwagon is a terrible tank, it is one of the worst performing tanks at tier 10, if not the game, if you want to play it, that is fine, but you are handicapping yourself and every team you go to battle in it. That is just the reality, you may like the tank for some weird reason, but that doesn't mean we don't acknowledge reality. Other people come to the forum for information, they want to know if tanks are worth grinding or playing, so your false claims about the Rhm Panzerwagon is misleading and not helpful, so people will rightly correct that.

Your post is complete and utter nonsense. It's not 'toxic' to tell the truth using objective facts, it's not 'toxic' to say something is not good, it's simply the reality of the game.

If you want some sweetness and light fantasy land where no one says anything is negative, maybe don't go on a public discussion forum. 

It's a competitive multiplayer game, OF COURSE people will want to know what the best equipment is to make sure they have the best chance of doing well and competing. 

You also don't seem understand there is a difference between liking a tank and how good the tank actually is, I like the Cent 7/1, I play it a lot, but I also know that is at best an average tier 9 tank and there are a lot better tier 9 tanks.  So just because you 'love' the Grille 15, does not mean its not one of the weakest tier 10 TDs. 

Edited by tajj7, 10 June 2020 - 03:01 PM.

LethalWalou #15 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35909 battles

View Posttajj7, on 10 June 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

What do you want people to do? Lie to people? Say tanks are competitive when they clearly are not?

It's not lying to describe what a tank can do and how it behaves in the current game environment. It's lying to claim that everything that isn't OP is trash. There is also fun factor to be considered for example, some might actually enjoy a tank if they were informed about it more thoroughly. When someone asks about a tank on the forums, the constructive answers should go beyond the extreme answers of if the tank is competitive or not, OP or trash. This is what we are lacking on the forums and this is where I see OP's issue with the matter stems from.

DaniulSims #16 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11471 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
You would've had a point if you used different examples, but considering you picket the statistically worst tanks and went on a rant about why they're called trash, I can't help but disagree with you.

I'd suggest playing other tanks besides the ones you listed - since you yourself seem to be afflicted by confirmation bias as you don't think the Manticore is bad when it is the worst light tank as far as vehicle characteristics go - and that's saying a lot, considering the best tier X lights are average at best when compared to tanks outside their class.

mpf1959 #17 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37725 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postsaurilian, on 10 June 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

I hate to read people telling everyone the 113 is TRASH because 430U is better than it. So many people here use very extreme assessment levels to divide good items further than they actually are. 

Why do people not understand how toxic this community is just because of the extremism?

Manticore is TRASH because it's trash.

Centurion AX is TRASH because it has 0 turret armor and AWFUL gun

Grille 15 is TRASH because it's the worst

T110E5 is TRASH because it has IMPOSSIBLE TO HIDE weakspot

E-100 is TRASH because 60TP is better

AMX 30B is TRASH because it has bad penetration

BC 25t is TRASH because there are better tanks

All light tanks are USELESS because mediums are more effective

Sheridan is WORST because it has NO camo

AMX 13 105 is TRASH because it has ATROCIOUS gun handling

EVERY ALL ROUND  MEDIUM IS NOT WORTH IT BECAUSE 430U IS

There is so many meta followers people actually forget that this game is supposed to be JUST A GAME. 

There is less and less differentiation in game. Less and less people are playing tanks that require a little bit more of thought, carefulness and leaving the echo. This is creating a very toxic enviroment that encourages Wargaming to keep speeding up the game and power creeping everything in bigger and bigger steps. Yes, power creep is important to keep the game intresting, but not that f*cking hard. Because all of this trash talking decent tanks, we're getting more and more ridiculous tanks. My brother laughed when he saw T95/FV4201 turret... and he's not even playing this game. IT'S PURE RED. A light tank that goes 95kmph? What will outclass it? Hover scooter with rocket launchers flying at 200 mph? F*cking Opressor Mk.2? Then the EBR will be TRASH? Make the shells go 3000m/s! This will fix the EBR's! 

Also, WHY IS 300MM PENETRATION IS CONSIDERED BAD THESE DAYS?

How f*cking much do you need to penetrate a tank? 

Everyone's b*tching about gold spam but they trash tanks that don't have ATLEAST 330mm of gold penetration.

Grille 15 has 334 but people say it's TRASH and USELESS penetration.

So many of people here spam the f*king forum with garbage posts whining about overpowered premium tanks, but when Wargaming introduces a balanced one like ELC EVEN 90 or ISU 152k - IT'S TRASH AND NEEDS A BUFF ASAP.

Why is average considered trash in this game?

It's so god damn toxic, Wargaming created this amazing game and alot of different tanks for us to enjoy but you won't stop trashing anything that isn't the absolute best. They can't make every tank the best and balanced, it would make the game boring. The biggest thing that makes this game different than other games, is the fact that it's so varied and unpredictable.

This is why eventhough everyone seems to hate this game, they still play it!

It's because the good outweights the bad. And even if I'm wrong, does it mean Wargaming is manipulating us? It's YOUR fault that you can't control your behavior and keep playing game you HATE. Stop f*cking making other people's time terrible with your dissatisfaction and leave the god damn game.

And if you don't like the tank, just say you don't like it / it didn't work out for you / it's not in your type and not that it's TRASH and that someone else shouldn't play it. 

/end of rant.

P.S.: there is so much more I have on my mind about issues with community in this game but I can't be bothered to write it all. And yes, I know you don't care. 

Seriously, try to take less notice of what people say, be yourself and suit yourself. Just try it, and maybe these problems concerning what is only a trivial game may well melt away. :girl:

jabster #18 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostKdingo, on 10 June 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

Yeh because toxicity/extremism is working out so well isn’t it?

tajj7 #19 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 10 June 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

It's not lying to describe what a tank can do and how it behaves in the current game environment. It's lying to claim that everything that isn't OP is trash. There is also fun factor to be considered for example, some might actually enjoy a tank if they were informed about it more thoroughly. When someone asks about a tank on the forums, the constructive answers should go beyond the extreme answers of if the tank is competitive or not, OP or trash. This is what we are lacking on the forums and this is where I see OP's issue with the matter stems from.

It's lying to claim a tank is good when it simply is not and as said above, the examples he uses are lots of bad tanks, that 'trash' is a pretty simplistic/glib way of saying that, but is still a pretty accurate way of describing them.

If people want that information, then they can ask for that information and often they do, and people will respond.

So no the OP does not have a point, because firstly the problem does not really even exist anyway, I have not seen anyone give such glib responses (at least on this forum) about a tank, especially if the person asking asks constructively, and secondly he has listed a load of bad tanks that are not very good, that it is pretty clear cut that they are not very good. 

Also 'fun factor' and bad tanks, are pretty much linked because bad elements of a tank often make the tank unfun, like his first example of the Manticore, which has low ammo count, awful gun elevation, terrible DPM, mediocre gun handling, those are all things that for many people would contribute to a tank being 'unfun'. But fun is entirely subjective anyway, some people like slow tanks, some people don't, so how can one person say a tank is 'fun', when that means nothing to another, you tell them how the tank plays, what are its good and bad points, whether its competitive and that person then takes that information and judges whether the tank is likely to be 'fun' for them and whether or not to give it a go.

But those are a lot of very bad and not so good tanks in that list, a lot of people will not find them fun for that pure reason. 

At the end of the day you have to respect the reality of the game, and the reality of the game is tanks like the Rhm Panzerwagon is not very good and a 300mm pen premium round is not very good. Calling people 'toxic' for stating correct opinions is just the most stupid thing ever. 

LethalWalou #20 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35909 battles

View PostDaniulSims, on 10 June 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'd suggest playing other tanks besides the ones you listed - since you yourself seem to be afflicted by confirmation bias as you don't think the Manticore is bad when it is the worst light tank as far as vehicle characteristics go - and that's saying a lot, considering the best tier X lights are average at best when compared to tanks outside their class.

Okay once again, the Manticore apparently has the worst characteristics, yet it performs in a pretty much balanced way, definitely much more balanced than tanks considered having better characteristics than it. Could it be that the characteristics you describe as bad, aren't actually nowhere near detrimental to the tank's performance in the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users