balance match making problems RNG

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

resheph73 #41 Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35256 battles

View PostKdingo, on 10 June 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

I just had this wonderful person in his borat tanks as top tier, imo him/the likes of him are a far bigger problem then anything else:

Spoiler

I mean i get it he buys prem tanks... but a person with this level of play shouldn´t be allowed to ever be part of a team or at the very very least never be top tier.

They are not the problem as long as there is one of them in each game. MM should just balance personal scores by tier, that's just it. 

Sircapalot #42 Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44735 battles

View PostBacarchi, on 10 June 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

When you feel MM is putting you in those fast-losing games constantly, after the battle ask someone from enemy team to invite you to platoon. In that case you will switch to his favoritised group and match making. My friend is currently testing it (FC in very good clan) and with practically same stats as mine, he has 62,5% win ratio while I got 58 overall after selected period of time. This is also easily recordable thing, and I'd be happy if somebody would be willing to do that kind of test for themselves and share it with community.     

Sure....joining someone from from a winning team will give you higher win chances in your next battles......:sceptic:

Your thinking is funny, cause maybe, just maybe the person you ask to join you will be dragged into your "unfavourable" group and starts to lose as well.

I'd say the chances of either happening is ......... random.

jabster #43 Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12879 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 10 June 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

I missed this initially.

This is hilarious.

It also helps to grease up and flip around on the floor yelling I am a fish before each session. I will guarantee you will be in the favored group of match making an equal amount of times.

If you film it I’m sure you’ll be able to get a spot in The Dingers.

Szatanshow #44 Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28420 battles

Im losing all the fun in this game i used to have years ago.

Ebr no dmg crits

Arta gold spamming you to death

Have armor - lol after first bouce everyone spams gold at you

5m games

Op reward tanks

Powercreped to death tech tree tanks

Costant daily WG Greed with overpriced shop stuff (waiting on in battle adds like - you got killed - here a offer to buy that premium tank that killed you only 100 EU)

Every day i play 1-2 battles (and leave) and are disgusted with the state of the game used to be so fun come after work and shot some tanks.

Where is the fun that was here few years ago - i rember the days when you rarely even need gold or got shot by it and game was way more balanced (beside 5 arta in almost every battle)

RU dev team clearly dont have a clue what they doing.

We should get European Dev team and got split from Ru fantasy - it clear that what EU player base want is not what RU wants

Edited by Szatanshow, 11 June 2020 - 09:59 AM.

a_s_c_h_e #45 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47640 battles
  • [GRRR-] GRRR-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 June 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

So which of those is the unfair treatment? The day you get 30% or the day you get 70%?

For example 0/10 battles like today....what the [content removed] is that??? [content removed] wargaming how is that possible??? huh???? lose 10 battles in a row?? And i dont [edited]care about warning points and bans.. im sooo [content removed] CLOSE TO QUIT THIS [content removed] RIGGED [content removed] GAME ANYWAY...

Usage of excessive profanity,

Post edited.

~MaxandChloe4ever, Forum Moderator

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 17 June 2020 - 02:49 PM.

arthurwellsley #46 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 58865 battles
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA

View PostBacarchi, on 10 June 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

First:    Match-making and RNG

Your random assertions are not backed up by numbers. I suggest you read this thread = http://forum.worldof...1#entry17842831    Which has a careful statistical analysis of 1,000 battles. Rather than relying on "feels" try using statistics and empirical evidence.

Second:   Premium, Pay2win and unbalanced tanks

You make three valid points but mix them up.

1. Reward Tanks = Most of us would agree that Object 907 and T95/FV4201 Chieftain are too strong and should be toned down.

2. Unbalanced Tanks = EBR 105 presently and Object 268v4 and Type 5 in the past. War gaming takes about six months to nerf tanks that are doing too well.

3. Premium Tanks = this is the only one that rates as Pay2win. War gaming had that idiot Murazor in charge of balancing (https://thearmoredpa...m-balance-dept/) when the Object 252U/Defender was introduced into the game. Thankfully he has been moved on and recent Premium tanks have been much more balanced ( Turtle, Mauerbracher, Senlac, etc)

Third: 5 minute blitz battles

No statistics to back up your "feels". Please try and maintain this false assertion after you record 1,000 battles with the times accurately shown. War Gaming is a company driven by numbers. They will know exactly how long average battles have lasted, and how each patch has effected the timescales. Unless you can record 1,000 battles and the timer for each of them, you will get no where near disapproving War Games point that this has become a problem.

Conclusion:

Simple probability theory will show that even the best players will have losing streaks, and the worst players will have winning streaks. Both of this exceptions to their average performance is to be expected.

The only way to test this is with a sample size of 1,000 battles for an individual player who is always solo. In that test sample there will be streaks but the overall win rate will reflect accurately what the player is capable of.

Numbers prove things. Mere assertions do not.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 11 June 2020 - 10:28 AM.

Startrek_Fanboy #47 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43692 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D

I give up because my all ratings fall down in huge speed  and i just stop to play it.

In real life when you do something a long time,you will be a pro at the end but here *********happened.

There is no motivation to play it anymore...especially with that RNG-MM and balance

jabster #48 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12879 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Posta_s_c_h_e, on 11 June 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

For example 0/10 battles like today....what the [content removed] is that??? [content removed] wargaming how is that possible??? huh???? lose 10 battles in a row?? And i dont [edited]care about warning points and bans.. im sooo [content removed] CLOSE TO QUIT THIS [content removed] RIGGED [content removed] GAME ANYWAY...

How is it possible, perhaps as WG doesn’t force a team to lose just because a player has lost more games than they’d like?

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 17 June 2020 - 02:49 PM.
Quote updated

Miepie #49 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7778 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posta_s_c_h_e, on 11 June 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

For example 0/10 battles like today....what the [content removed] is that??? [content removed] wargaming how is that possible??? huh???? lose 10 battles in a row?? And i dont [edited]care about warning points and bans.. im sooo [content removed] CLOSE TO QUIT THIS [content removed] RIGGED [content removed] GAME ANYWAY...

You seem upset at losing a match; have you tried Gitting Gud? :mellow:

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 17 June 2020 - 02:50 PM.
Quote updated

flashbarts #50 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49634 battles

all the things you talk about are annoying for sure, but the game was still playable - its unplayable especially the higher tiers, IMO, because of WHEELED VEHICLES

there are no tactics anymore for the average player.....game is currently SH*TE

Its hard to quit though when you have invested so much time and money and that is what WG are counting on unfortunately, rather than fix stuff

oh well

Johnny_B #51 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2029 battles

View PostMiepie, on 11 June 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

You seem upset at losing a match; have you tried Gitting Gud? :mellow:

Yeah, because being good really matters when you're bottom tier in a +2 match and half your team is dead in the first minute. If only you're a good player, you can really turn things around. :P

Karasu_Hidesuke #52 Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:07 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17767 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
It's kind of interesting how some people say the game is still fun for them while others say it no longer is. Since most of us who been playing the game for a longer period have invested both time and money into it, I also think just quitting for good is not the most ideal solution (even if it is from the point of sanity), since IMHO we are exactly as much entitled to expect the game to be fun for us too.

Miepie #53 Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:07 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7778 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJohnny_B, on 11 June 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

If only you're a good player, you can really turn things around. :P

Exactly; that is the positive mindset that is needed. Go get them, we have faith in you! :great::medal:

Private_Miros #54 Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32896 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postflashbarts, on 11 June 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

there are no tactics anymore for the average player.....game is currently SH*TE

It's quite rude to call the average player no shite that he has lost the complete ability of watching the minimap and reading the game and reacting to that.

Ba_nshee #55 Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33607 battles
  • [TRIGG] TRIGG

View PostKdingo, on 10 June 2020 - 11:44 PM, said:

[...]

"using his blessed tinfoil lasso of superfaith..."

You got me there! :' )

Edited by Ba_nshee, 11 June 2020 - 11:48 AM.

chainreact0r #56 Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37281 battles

View PostBacarchi, on 10 June 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

If you don't believe me in this part, make a research by your own. Monitor your MM over selected number of battles, and compare it to some top-streamer's and you will see what I'm talking about. To shorten everything up, I can tell you little secret if you wan't to have better victory rate. When you feel MM is putting you in those fast-losing games constantly, after the battle ask someone from enemy team to invite you to platoon. In that case you will switch to his favoritised group and match making. My friend is currently testing it (FC in very good clan) and with practically same stats as mine, he has 62,5% win ratio while I got 58 overall after selected period of time. This is also easily recordable thing, and I'd be happy if somebody would be willing to do that kind of test for themselves and share it with community.     

Second:   Premium, Pay2win and unbalanced tanks

It it obvius that WG is afraid. They are afraid of opinion of 2000-3000 best players out there, and are willing to ruin everything to 98% of all other active, semi-active or new players which are having hardest time playing the game. Here I am focusing on Defenders, EBR's, 279's, 907's, Cheftains and similar game-breaking tanks. WG is digging deeper and deeper hole for themselves, and planning to balance absolutely all tanks, but not those few which they should. Imagine if someone in 2014 said that there would be tanks totally unpenetratable from 

For first paragraph.

Ah yes, the rigging. I have done the rigging many times. I am very good at the rigging as the many people i have done the rigging with can attest. I just did the rigging yesterday with my friend. We are both 60% players, and when we started doing the rigging we went up to 80%. The rigging is the best. My friend even played with manticore and i played with grille. Just even more proof of how far the rigging works. 

For second paragraph.

Complaining about the 907 is such a 2015 thing to do. Today it has been powercreeped so much that it has nothing going for it anymore. Armor is cheese, albeit troll sometimes but not good enough by today's standards. The speed is nothing special, the depression is terrible and the alpha is terrible in the current meticulous hulldown trading meta. The dpm is it's biggest advantage, and even there the stb is way better with better armor, better depression and better alpha. If anything, it's just an inaccurate and slow leopard that has way too low alpha. Hardly OP. 

And about chieftains, 279es and defenders, just spam HE at them. 45%ers outplay me all the time with HE. Maybe if you can't do better than a bot the problem is between the monitor and the chair.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #57 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39362 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posta_s_c_h_e, on 11 June 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

Why not? Is there a magic number of battles you need to lose?

If I lose 8 games in a row is that just 'being really unlucky' but then I lose another one and suddenly it's 'OMGmathematicallyimpossiblebro!"?

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 17 June 2020 - 02:50 PM.
Quote updated

Nice____Shot #58 Posted 13 June 2020 - 03:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9105 battles

Matchmaking +/- 1 is still missing.

Players skill should be balanced for both Random-Teams.

Shut down Server 2 from 03:00 am to 02:00 pm to help the algorithm for a better matchmaking and a better balance in players skill.

We need some ideas against that two class society on tier 10, espacially for clanwar battles.

gg_gasgasgas #59 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1437 battles

Until Matchmaking +/-1 is not realised, I will not play Lowtier-Random.

I will see. Maybe, after a while I will not play WOT anymore

Also tagged with balance, match making, problems, RNG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users