• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Legendary_Sandwich #1 Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3323 battles
  • [PM_] PM_

Hello everyone,

I have encountered this problem so many times and with different internet connections and I came across a conclusion that this is definitely an in-game problem, so here it is:

This is about poor reconnecting ability of the game when a small connection loss happens.

When I lose internet connection for a small second, the whole game freezes on 999 ping for over 30 seconds and then it kicks me out to the server selection screen where I have to do the reconnecting manually, reload the match (waiting another 20 seconds) and then continue playing. It's like a small "total net speed drop" causes a total disconnection to the servers and literally no attempt to reconnect which leads to loosing about 1 minute from the game which may even lead to my unwanted death of my tank just keep marching through the enemy or falling from a height etc. I have suffered from this problem with different types of connections (Wi-fi and wired) and even different internet, this problem still remains even in the NA region.

I'm here to ask the developers if they are going to do anything about this or they have done something but the problem is from my end.

thank you

Edited by Legendary_Sandwich, 11 June 2020 - 05:19 AM.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

It's not in game it's you 

Run the necessary checks also have a word with your ISP

Spurtung #3 Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 82268 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View PostLegendary_Sandwich, on 11 June 2020 - 04:17 AM, said:

I have encountered this problem so many times and with different internet connections and I came across a conclusion that this is definitely an in-game problem, so here it is:

This is about poor reconnecting ability of the game when a small connection loss happens.

So the game is flawed because when your internet connection glitches, it disconnects you? Wow.

BierKanonier #4 Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 64597 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

You should read your own post and you will see that the answer is already there.

Your internet connection is horrible, blame your Internet Service Provider, or better get a different one. 

btw, none of the developers will answer you here in forum.

did u change modem/router? what means "I tried different internet"?

NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37074 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I had this problem on EU1 recently. Switched to EU2 and it was flawless.

Now I'm back to EU1 because it works again...

It was not my connection's issue.

Slyspy #6 Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 11 June 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

So the problem existed on one server and not the other despite all else being equal and you confidently state that there was no issue with your connection? Interesting. 

unhappy__bunny #7 Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:21 PM

Brigadier

• 21427 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Hello everyone,

When I lose internet connection for a small second, the whole game freezes on 999 ping for over 30 seconds and then it kicks me out to the server selection screen where I have to do the reconnecting manually, reload the match (waiting another 20 seconds) and then continue playing. It's like a small "total net speed drop" causes a total disconnection to the servers and literally no attempt to reconnect which leads to loosing about 1 minute from the game which may even lead to my unwanted death of my tank just keep marching through the enemy or falling from a height etc. I have suffered from this problem with different types of connections (Wi-fi and wired) and even different internet, this problem still remains even in the NA region.

I'm here to ask the developers if they are going to do anything about this or they have done something but the problem is from my end.

thank you

Most likely it is the route from your country through to where the servers are located. So even using a different ISP may not resolve the issue. You can try contacting your ISP and explain the problem asking them if there is another route they can send your data. 

11:26 Added after 4 minute

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 11 June 2020 - 06:53 AM, said:

Like the OP's problem, you may have a good connection to one server, but the route to the other server may suffer from bottlenecks and delays. It is not necessarily your kit nor your connection to your ISP but somewhere along the route. There are tools out there, that have been mentioned numerous times in numerous threads on lag/disconnections that can help to analyse the problem. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37074 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostSlyspy, on 11 June 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

So the problem existed on one server and not the other despite all else being equal and you confidently state that there was no issue with your connection? Interesting. 

e g h . . .

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 11 June 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

Like the OP's problem, you may have a good connection to one server, but the route to the other server may suffer from bottlenecks and delays. It is not necessarily your kit nor your connection to your ISP but somewhere along the route. There are tools out there, that have been mentioned numerous times in numerous threads on lag/disconnections that can help to analyse the problem. 

Bordhaw #9 Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16400 battles

this problem still remains even in the NA region.

Why are you connecting from or to the NA region ?

Slyspy #10 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 11 June 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

e g h . . .

Que?

qpranger #11 Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
The problem is not that the game disconnects when signal is lost for a second, the problem is that it does not attempt to reconnect at once, which it really should do. This happened to me as well and this is just lazy programming.

farevk #12 Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40882 battles
  • [CTV] CTV

Probably you are losing packets on your internet connection.

I tough it is WOT server problem.

And it's not.

Install this program and report to us: StarTrinity CST

Legendary_Sandwich #13 Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3323 battles
  • [PM_] PM_

For all of you people who said that it is my a problem from my intenet, I actually ran a test. I connected to internet by my phone's hotspot and turned off the internet for a second and then turned it back on and went to an online net speed checker on my phone to make sure my net is working, I was in the garage at the moment and here is the result:

After I turned my data on I immediately switched to web, refreshed the page succesfully and checked my net speed which was balancing on 5 mgb per second. I then started watching my tank in the garage, about 15 seconds later I was kicked from the server due to no connection. 

I guess this already tells that even with 5 mgb net speed the game still doesn't do anything to try and reconnect.

I suggest you try this test too.

If there is still any problems and/or questions I'm listening.

16:41 Added after 6 minute

View PostBordhaw, on 11 June 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

Why are you connecting from or to the NA region ?

I first started playing this game on the NA region for about 4 years but then later I had to move to EU due to high ping. It was then where I also faced this problem so it clearly shows that there isn't any difference in servers and it is more likely a coding problem

16:46 Added after 10 minute

View PostBierKanonier, on 11 June 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

did u change modem/router? what means "I tried different internet"?

Yes I tried useing internet from different places and routers and even data

Edited by Legendary_Sandwich, 11 June 2020 - 05:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users