Jump to content


For those who cant be bothered to watch the video, update includes (summary)

update

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

kaneAAA #1 Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44069 battles
  • 1,909
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

This is what the 'minds' at WG thought we needed for update: 

 

Cosmetic fluff

More cosmetic fluff

New map to add to the other broken maps

 

Of course, no actual work (i.e. proper thought) so nothing to do with balancing mechanics to stop tedious RNG, tedious map design, clunky slow feel to the game.... 

 

Leaked information for next patch:

 

WG are likely to work on

 

  • How to put lipstick on your tank
  • How to dress your tank in netfish stockings 
  • How to put lots of different kinds of lipstick and netfish stockings on the SAME TANK!!! (big wow, notice decal similarity) 

 

All of this is so that you, commander, feel BIG and IMPORTANT with your 5 types of tank lipstick and broken game mechanics, and while the rest of the gaming community laugh at the hideous result. 

 

So yeah all my friends who have left the game laughed at me when I mentioned the 'update;...really shows WG hitting rock bottom with an intense show of meaningless superficiality and again a constant sustained effort to avoid doing any real necessary work on their game. Sadly very very mindless...

 

This update is really proof of the decline of the game

 

Verdict: useless.


Edited by kaneAAA, 12 June 2020 - 10:59 AM.


UserZer00 #2 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14971 battles
  • 1,222
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
Aren't (historical) tanks supposed to feel clunky and slow?

Private_Miros #3 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,843
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

The only purpose of the update is the new Battle Pass season, and one new map.

 

A bit of on the side cosmetics is pretty harmless. I'd rather they get their gold income from that than from OP premiums (and the recent premiums and reward tanks are more balanced than the additions before).


Edited by Private_Miros, 12 June 2020 - 11:15 AM.


Sirebellus #4 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25873 battles
  • 1,215
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

It's a new map... maybe more of the same, but at least it's something new...

 



unhappy__bunny #5 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:14 AM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 21460 battles
  • 4,533
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 June 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

"Stuff"

 

Cosmetic fluff

More cosmetic fluff

Verdict: useless.



malachi6 #6 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:15 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51526 battles
  • 4,687
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

Can you define the phrase "proper thought"? 

 

Bear in mind that WG has a direction and guidelines that may not coincide with yours.

 



_Anarchistic_ #7 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:18 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49505 battles
  • 1,287
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View Postmalachi6, on 12 June 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

Can you define the phrase "proper thought"? 

 

Bear in mind that WG has a direction and guidelines that may not coincide with yours.

 

 

yep, monetise, monetise, monetise

 

their pride in the game and passion for the game died after they cocked up 1.0, arty and MM



arthurwellsley #8 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:20 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 56495 battles
  • 4,462
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 June 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

This is what the 'minds' at WG thought we needed for update: 

 

Cosmetic fluff

More cosmetic fluff

New map to add to the other broken maps

 

Of course, no actual work (i.e. proper thought) so nothing to do with balancing mechanics to stop tedious RNG, tedious map design, clunky slow feel to the game.... 

 

Leaked information for next patch:

 

WG are likely to work on

 

  • How to put lipstick on your tank
  • How to dress your tank in netfish stockings 
  • How to put lots of different kinds of lipstick and netfish stockings on the SAME TANK!!! (big wow, notice decal similarity) 

 

All of this is so that you, commander, feel BIG and IMPORTANT with your 5 types of tank lipstick and broken game mechanics, and while the rest of the gaming community laugh at the hideous result. 

 

So yeah all my friends who have left the game laughed at me when I mentioned the 'update;...really shows WG hitting rock bottom with an intense show of meaningless superficiality and again a constant sustained effort to avoid doing any real necessary work on their game. Sadly very very mindless...

 

This update is really proof of the decline of the game

 

Verdict: useless.

 

These forums used to be full of threads denouncing War Gaming for introducing too many premiums tanks, or pay2win premium tanks such as the Defender/Ojbect 252U. Those threads suggested like other games War Gaming instead sold cosmetic items with no effect on game play to continue their revenue so that the servers stay up.

 

War Gaming listened to those threads. They have produced more balanced premium tanks recently (Turtle, Mauerbrecher, RumPanzer etc), reduced the flow, and introduced cosmetic items.

 

Now we have KaneAAA criticizing War Gaming for following those earlier forum threads.

 

Personally I approve of selling cosmetic items, where it is possible to turn off non-historic camo, and I do not need to see them.

The update is not "This update is really proof of the decline of the game" it is War Gaming listening to it's customers and giving them what they asked for.

"Verdict: useless." - is my opinion of KaneAAA's views on this matter.

 

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 12 June 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

The only purpose of the update is the new Battle Pass season.

 

A bit of on the side cosmetics is pretty harmless. I'd rather they get their gold income from that than from OP premiums (and the recent premiums and reward tanks are more balanced than the additions before).

 

I agree with Private_Miros



LittleLara #9 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 55312 battles
  • 144
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
  • Member since:
    02-04-2013
I like dressing up my tank tho.

Hedgehog1963 #10 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 58583 battles
  • 7,931
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

Bounty optics is nice.

 



kaneAAA #11 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:24 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44069 battles
  • 1,909
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View Postmalachi6, on 12 June 2020 - 10:15 AM, said:

Can you define the phrase "proper thought"? 

 

Bear in mind that WG has a direction and guidelines that may not coincide with yours.

 

I would say ....hmmm..... the mechanics that are driving players out of the game? Maybe fix those as lots of players have asked for. I mean, I dont even know anyone who wants to touch this with a bargepole any more because they find the mechanics an insult to trying to use your brains..... maybe that could be a start.

 

And yes, im quite sure that their thinking doesnt coincide with mine as I dont consider investing in tank lipstick an honest use of a company's time..


Edited by kaneAAA, 12 June 2020 - 11:26 AM.


kaneAAA #12 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44069 battles
  • 1,909
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 June 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

 

These forums used to be full of threads denouncing War Gaming for introducing too many premiums tanks, or pay2win premium tanks such as the Defender/Ojbect 252U. Those threads suggested like other games War Gaming instead sold cosmetic items with no effect on game play to continue their revenue so that the servers stay up.

 

War Gaming listened to those threads. They have produced more balanced premium tanks recently (Turtle, Mauerbrecher, RumPanzer etc), reduced the flow, and introduced cosmetic items.

 

Now we have KaneAAA criticizing War Gaming for following those earlier forum threads.

 

Personally I approve of selling cosmetic items, where it is possible to turn off non-historic camo, and I do not need to see them.

The update is not "This update is really proof of the decline of the game" it is War Gaming listening to it's customers and giving them what they asked for.

"Verdict: useless." - is my opinion of KaneAAA's views on this matter.

 

 

I agree with Private_Miros

Hmm except the cosmetic has really become the stock in trade philosophy of WG. If they had a game which worked, then fine. But it really doesnt, it drives players away and dumbs down to a low common denominator. They have made cosmetic their company aim. I mean, if you dont see it, you dont see it. If youre the kind of person who sees this abysmal performance, and thinks 'great', then thats fine. But really, for many and for me (the many obviously have largely left) WG and wot is becoming more and more stagnant. I guess the game gets the players it looks for, the ones that generally like the superficiality and dont care about balance. So its a happy kind of pit of mediocrity for all.



Private_Miros #13 Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,843
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 June 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hmm except the cosmetic has really become the stock in trade philosophy of WG. If they had a game which worked, then fine. But it really doesnt, it drives players away and dumbs down to a low common denominator. They have made cosmetic their company aim. I mean, if you dont see it, you dont see it. If youre the kind of person who sees this abysmal performance, and thinks 'great', then thats fine. But really, for many and for me (the many obviously have largely left) WG and wot is becoming more and more stagnant. I guess the game gets the players it looks for, the ones that generally like the superficiality and dont care about balance. So its a happy kind of pit of mediocrity for all.

 

The cosmetics is something everyone either likes or doesn't care about.

 

The "improvements" are all things that a large set of people absolutely hate or oppose.

 

I would like they fixed maps and rebalanced tanks, but a large part of the user base wants funnel maps and idiot proof tanks. Balancing out those wishes is more time consuming and sensitive for the longevity of the game than adding some cosmetics.



Balc0ra #14 Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77836 battles
  • 23,619
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 June 2020 - 10:57 AM, said:

This update is really proof of the decline of the game

 

We have had 1 to 2 of these "filler" 0.1 patches a year for almost a decade. Why is it so bad now suddenly? Sure it's focus is not new content. But mainly to fix stuff, and make the client ready for new events vs a new content focus. It's not like this started now or recently. They will keep coming, and I suspect we will see more 0.1 patches even later this year vs lots o new stuff each patch.



TomatoShooter #15 Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1136 battles
  • 608
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 June 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Hmm except the cosmetic has really become the stock in trade philosophy of WG. If they had a game which worked, then fine. But it really doesnt, it drives players away and dumbs down to a low common denominator. They have made cosmetic their company aim. I mean, if you dont see it, you dont see it. If youre the kind of person who sees this abysmal performance, and thinks 'great', then thats fine. But really, for many and for me (the many obviously have largely left) WG and wot is becoming more and more stagnant. I guess the game gets the players it looks for, the ones that generally like the superficiality and dont care about balance. So its a happy kind of pit of mediocrity for all.

But the game works? Everytime I press battle I end up in a 15 vs 15 random game and I can press my WASD keys en left click to make my gun do BOOOOM. I agree the MM could use some tweaks but with every chance you make there will always be someone complaining and if you really don't like the game anymore there is always the option to just quit playing and find something else you like.



Jin91 #16 Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3175 battles
  • 454
  • Member since:
    12-29-2018
I want cat and fox ears for my tanks

Frostilicus #17 Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 24199 battles
  • 3,779
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostTomatoShooter, on 12 June 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

But the game works? Everytime I press battle I end up in a 15 vs 15 random game and I can press my WASD keys en left click to make my gun do BOOOOM. I agree the MM could use some tweaks but with every chance you make there will always be someone complaining and if you really don't like the game anymore there is always the option to just quit playing and find something else you like.

 

Just pop Kane on ignore - he's a serial malcontent and thinks his constant whining is somehow trendy



24doom24 #18 Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9571 battles
  • 1,948
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 June 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

 

These forums used to be full of threads denouncing War Gaming for introducing too many premiums tanks, or pay2win premium tanks such as the Defender/Ojbect 252U. Those threads suggested like other games War Gaming instead sold cosmetic items with no effect on game play to continue their revenue so that the servers stay up.

 

War Gaming listened to those threads. They have produced more balanced premium tanks recently (Turtle, Mauerbrecher, RumPanzer etc), reduced the flow, and introduced cosmetic items.

 

Now we have KaneAAA criticizing War Gaming for following those earlier forum threads.

 

Personally I approve of selling cosmetic items, where it is possible to turn off non-historic camo, and I do not need to see them.

The update is not "This update is really proof of the decline of the game" it is War Gaming listening to it's customers and giving them what they asked for.

"Verdict: useless." - is my opinion of KaneAAA's views on this matter.

 

 

I agree with Private_Miros

:teethhappy:



Balc0ra #19 Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77836 battles
  • 23,619
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Oh yeah... I forgot. They also added the Sturmtiger.

flashbarts #20 Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48261 battles
  • 374
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostFrostilicus, on 12 June 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

 

Just pop Kane on ignore - he's a serial malcontent and thinks his constant whining is somehow trendy

gets a thumbs up from me, just for using the word 'malcontent'  







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users