[Sandbox] Equipment 2.0 Test is over

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
With Equipment 2.0 testing now over, we would like to update you briefly on our next steps.

The full text of the news item

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15105 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Please add the ability to mount binos and a camo net to light tanks (not EBR).

parim1331 #3 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:06 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 8304 battles
How did you guys like this iteration of Equipment 2.0 Sandbox testing? Are you looking forward to the next testing phase?

Dava_117 #4 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• 24568 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

How did you guys like this iteration of Equipment 2.0 Sandbox testing? Are you looking forward to the next testing phase?

I surely am, but devs should put a bit more thought in which slot type assign to each tank and on equipment piece limitations. 

SISQOBG #5 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22137 battles
I like the ideas,but pls add dmg for example and lower vertical,vent and few other things stats

Weak_man #6 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9468 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Yes, where bounty is equal to bond equipment and EBR will not have 18 s of spotting time..

exNoob #7 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22281 battles
  • [B---R] B---R
Let TD s mount optics!!!

TheArk_2014 #8 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70922 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

Mate, the problem is not the changes, the problem is how WG places them at the game ...

... ONE MORE TIME, WG asks from the players to pay (AGAIN) tons of "Silver Cretits" to (re-)equip their (already equipped) tanks (if they want to keep on playing this game with some dignity) ...

My conclusions (far now):

:B

I'll wait for the next Test ... to see what are you going to change from this "Bloodthirsty Updates" ...

... and (then) I will express my opinion (again) ...

Edited by TheArk_2014, 12 June 2020 - 07:54 PM.

ShadowBlackk #9 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9568 battles
  • [1UKD] 1UKD

what i have seen ahd heard .. there are good ones and bad ones, and when we say bad, they are game breakingly bad.

What we have seen so far from WG devs/balancing team, i am realy concerned about the bad ones.. All i can hope that WG will fix wheeled vehicles and some other tanks, and not indirectly overbuff them with some of the new equipments.

Oh yea and dont limit the bino and camo net and other equipment to specific class only... those are realy good the way they are in equipmen 1.0...

feies_vlad #10 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14581 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

Well 2 of my concerns are that first,  td's can't mount optics is bad, like not everyone likes to sit at the back of the map with binos, second removing binos from meds and lights is a huge deal, like so many tier 4 to tier 7 tanks req binos, simply because of the bad base vr of those tanks plus not everyone runs 5-6 skilled crews and food to be able to use optics and have good vr, so binos is the only choice for those many tanks. What it is, basically WG is removing the tool that makes f2p players and not only, blind in many tanks, like imagine being in a +2 game in your tier 6 med/light(or even some heavys) with a 360 base vr and crappy crew and no food vs tier 8 lights/meds with 390-400+ base vr that can easily use optics and get away with it even without a great crew, it ain't gonna be fun for those bottom tiers(well +2 mm is already bad ehough). If this is gonna come to the live server(yes I know it's just sandbox and things can change or not even come atall the the live server), it will end up bad for so many players...:unsure:

parim1331 #11 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:36 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 8304 battles

View PostDava_117, on 12 June 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

I surely am, but devs should put a bit more thought in which slot type assign to each tank and on equipment piece limitations. 

We'll see how this will be addressed in the next iteration of the testing.

View PostWeak_man, on 12 June 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yes, where bounty is equal to bond equipment and EBR will not have 18 s of spotting time..

Why would Bounty Equipment be equal to Improved one? Having one of those two wouldn't be necessary then.

View PostTheArk_2014, on 12 June 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

Mate, the problem is not the changes, the problem is how WG places them at the game ...

... ONE MORE TIME, WG asks from the players to pay (AGAIN) tons of "Silver Cretits" to (re-)equip their (already equipped) tanks (if they want to keep on playing this game with some dignity) ...

My conclusions (far now):

:B

I'll wait for the next Test ... to see what are you going to change from this "Bloodthirsty" changes ...

... and (then) I will express my opinion (again) ...

I wouldn't concentrate on the actual moment that these changes would hit live servers, because as you can see, we're not yet out of testing phase. For now devs are focusing on polishing the concept of Equipment 2.0

ElCid2 #12 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38003 battles
  • [TRIGG] TRIGG

Go and solve the REAL PROBLEMS of this game:

1.lack of gamemodes (e.g. add night mode)

2.3 artys/game

3.tier 10 mm 

4.no diversity in terms of gameplay (AND NO!! THE EQUIPMENT 2.0 IS NOT DIVERSITY) --> the good players will still use the same setup

5. 200 bonds for removing bond equipment is ok, u don't have to make it 600

soeeee #13 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29551 battles
  • [SBITE] SBITE
So much reasons to quit this broken game that if they will force me to spend credits or gold becouse their changes to the game...i will with no regrets click on uninstall and enjoy my free time

LK_4D4 #14 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51742 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
hopefuly this will never reach live server

Weak_man #15 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9468 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

Why would Bounty Equipment be equal to Improved one? Having one of those two wouldn't be necessary then.

Now it is equal and this was the advertisement wg made.

3.000.000 credits for 1 % ?

Edited by Weak_man, 12 June 2020 - 02:59 PM.

SuperOlsson #16 Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25731 battles

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

Because you marketed it for battle pass season 1 as:

"Its characteristics can be improved to the level of Improved Equipment with credits, and you can demount it from your vehicle using gold"

Which pretty much is the reason i bought battle pass in the first place. I think it's not very nice to powercreep bounty equipment to not hold up to the promised level just 3 months later.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/battle-pass/

O_o_Babbuino #17 Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44448 battles
  • [SCOBA] SCOBA

View PostSuperOlsson, on 12 June 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

Because you marketed it for battle pass season 1 as:

"Its characteristics can be improved to the level of Improved Equipment with credits, and you can demount it from your vehicle using gold"

Which pretty much is the reason i bought battle pass in the first place. I think it's not very nice to powercreep bounty equipment to not hold up to the promised level just 3 months later.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/battle-pass/

indeed i would demand my money back....it is the same like with premium tanks....you paid for it - they can not nerf it. That's all folks.

OSBTrebek #18 Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14734 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I like that they are thinking about reducing seal clubbing and that they are trying to make currently dead pieces of gear (e.g. cyclonic filter) more useful.

They have some work to do on fixing the seal clubbing concepts to not introduce even bigger 'power cliffs' between tiers that would make low tier matches even more punishing at low tiers.

As to the new pieces of equipment the potential for anti-fun elements seems worrisome (hello 9% accuracy boost to artillery, hello 18 seconds spotted by an EBR, etc.), and I'm also not convinced at all that higher DPM is healthy for the game overall. Battles are already way too fast with too much tendency to snowball, and power creeping equipment doesn't seem like a good way to address that.

Thought for the devs: If you combined the cyclonic filter and the CO2 filled tanks and the wet ammo rack in to a single piece of equipment, how many players will choose to take that OVER a gun rammer? How many will choose to take that over vents? How many will choose to take that over optics? How many will choose to take that over a vertical stabilizer? Please restrict your answer to what you see being played in RANKED battles - this means I am not a factor in your decision but high level play is the best indicator.

Second thought for the devs: Most online competitive games make minor adjustments every month or two. The biggest change needed to the systems of world of tanks is to the way it's run as a game, not to how the internal systems are working.

Edited by OSBTrebek, 12 June 2020 - 03:15 PM.

Sael_ #19 Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:18 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 2323 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
All of you who are not yet satisfied with the changes and would like for us to seek different solutions for various aspects of the equipment, please keep in mind that not only we have decided to have another round of testing, but even after that, there will still be the in-game survey - if you have taken part in the testing for ammo changes in the past, you will remember that it was followed by an extensive survey and player opinion was fundamental to determine the end result for the entire process.

BlackBloodBandit #20 Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10683 battles

First of all, I am pretty much against the changes, as I am forced to change a lot of setups for my tanks. I can not use binocs on tanks I would normally use them on. The fact that only td's can mount a binoculair telescope is just stupid. It's stupid that other classes would not be allowed to use it anymore. It would basically nerf other classes versus tank destroyers, while most of them are already strong because of their camo values.

The idea that you can move your equipment from one slot to another, for free, to get a bonus, is good. People never picked a specific slot for rammer etc, so it wouldn't make sense if you would have to spend something.

The idea that you can not freely demount stuff like a camo net or binocs is just stupid. Why would you change this after all those years? Me and a lot of other players sold this kind of equipment when we had several of them, because we could move them around for free. If we had known that something like this could happen we probably would not have sold these pieces.

A lot of equipment pieces seem useless or at least not valuable enough over existing equipment. Others seem pretty game-breaking if someone would use them. Examples have been mentioned by others already.

What is going to happen to existing equipment that you have on tanks or in depot, since the costs will become different from how they are now?

For example: I have ventilation class 2 currently in my depot for when I research get the Char Futur 4 and the cost right now would be 150.000 credits. If I would buy the tank and buy the same equipment if the current ideas would be implemented, I would waste my equipment piece and also would need to buy a new one for 600.000 credits! Basically it would cost me 750.000 credits for this piece!

I experienced a bug while playing on the Sandbox Server

I played my Bourrasque and got set on fire. My ammo-rack was not damaged and all crew-members were still in action, still my reload changed to 40 seconds, instead of the normal 20.

Last thing I want to add: why isn't there a topic (I couldn't find one) about this test server? I wanted to give feedback, but I only find 1.9.1 topics.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 12 June 2020 - 07:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users