Gold ammo removed for a month (suggestion)

gold gold ammo ammo p2w

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like gold ammo removed for a month? (59 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you like gold ammo removed for a month?

1. Yes (20 votes [33.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.90%

2. No (39 votes [66.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.10%

Vote Hide poll

Japualtah #21 Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37424 battles

30% damage reduction on gold ammo is coming, so no need to go crazy about experiments, just be patient.

Well, at least, WG said it was coming.

Some time ago.

Did they?

Anyway, I couldn't care less, I'm playing AMX CDC, TVP 50, Leopard and EBR, bring on the heat!

Kdingo #22 Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostJapualtah, on 13 June 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

30% damage reduction on gold ammo is coming, so no need to go crazy about experiments, just be patient.

You are aware that this kinda solution is like to lead to even more prem ammo spam right?

As reducing the damage won't change as to why its used in the first place.

ONE77ZERO13 #23 Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12964 battles

REMOVE GOLD AMMO FOR A MONTH..

<Half way through the month>

REMOVE ANYTHING WITH MORE THAN 250 MM ARMOR

SastusBulbas #24 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37535 battles

There really is NO issue with gold ammo, its more an issue with OP heavy tanks ands bad players.

I always get reminded of the general chat regulars who spam the game is P2W, gold this, rigged that, WG cheat etc. Yet they have thousands of battles in premium tanks, own Skorpion G's, E25's, T-34-85's, 20k to 40k games, 2k games and a 39% win rate, Skorpion G 45% after 3k battles, with a 45% overall after 40k battles, who runs premium account and uses premium ammo.

Point being, everyone on both teams has the same equality, some use premium ammo more than others, yet still the majority of premium ammo is fires at tanks an AP round would pen, the majority of premium ammo and tier 8 premium tanks users are below 50% win rate, and its a minority of skilled players who are using premium ammo to their benefit, usually against a badly balanced tank with too much armour for anyone grinding stock, who is usually himself spamming gold.

I played yesterday, badly, I had a few games where I was spammed buy gold, inc 2 arty games where a higher tier med spammed gold into my arty on a game they were winning, yet I won a few where the enemy used premium ammo, lost a few where I never got shot by premium ammo.

What I am stating is that most of you whining about premium ammo have no bloody clue, your simply blaming whatever, it was the same with arty, every no idea how to play whiner whining when the rest got on with it, arty anally hammered to death with the nerf stick, a new group of players comes along, the game is practically handed to new players these days, waa waaa waaaaa I sat in the open and got farmed by the slowest loading most inaccurate most irritating class to play in game, Ammo for gold, no fair, we would win more if we had gold ammo booooooo, ok they nerfed arty, you still play like a bob and blame arty when it hits you. You claimed gold was unfair, but now you blame gold ammo because either you cant afford it as your useless at budgeting, or trade shots, though half of you moaning about premium ammo are the 1st to spam it when your auto aim doesnt work, the fact is, every time WG nerf or remove something due to whiners, the whiners just whine about something else.

They remove Premium ammo in a few months it will be the EXACT same whine about AP, oh Ap cost more than HE, oh AP pens too much....

I mean lets be honest, half of you whiners take out an OP armour heavy with anough alpha to two or three shot the lower tiers spamming you, yet you never think, oh, I am getting shot, you never look at your battle results and see you missed half your shots, basicaly want to trade frontally in a corridor against lesser tanks and win.

And if the enemy betters you with AP, oh thats different, thats hax or aimbots or cheats or cause enemy has a premium account.......

Why dont you stop making excuses and blaming premium ammo, use it yourself, oh wait, you dont do enough to earn credits because of excuses A/B/C and obviously only premium P2W players spam gold, except, no. Basically your talking out yer puckered anuses.

My lads average, I have a stern word if he claims cheat or hax or anything, I point it out, sometimes he takes note and I will see him pull an epic game and do 8k damage and be jelly. He at least plays a few tier 10 but understands those are not money makers, he understands its important to make more credits than you spend, dont spend em all, grind tier 6 for money, and he knows that if he is repeatedly getting penned by premium ammo, sure its irritating, but the actual issue is that he is spotted and in someones line of fire, so wether its gold/ap or HE, he needs to be not getting shot, not worrying about what colour the shell is.

8 rounds of premium ammo with 350mm of pen hitting 240mm of armour getting fired from a tank that has 270mm AP pen isnt the issue, the issue is YOUR LETTING SOMEONE SHOOT YOU 8 BLOODY TIMES!

Pansenmann #25 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 39067 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postqpranger, on 13 June 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

I see all Dingers have been ordered to vote NO or face expulsion from the clan :)

What did you expect?

PS: fishing for compliments?

qpranger #26 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostPansenmann, on 14 June 2020 - 02:31 AM, said:

What did you expect?

PS: fishing for compliments?

Burrowing for them.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #27 Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38644 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSastusBulbas, on 14 June 2020 - 12:30 AM, said:

8 rounds of premium ammo with 350mm of pen hitting 240mm of armour getting fired from a tank that has 270mm AP pen isnt the issue, the issue is YOUR LETTING SOMEONE SHOOT YOU 8 BLOODY TIMES!

This guy gets it. 

UrQuan #28 Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:01 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23160 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I see all Dingers have been ordered to vote NO or face expulsion from the clan :)

Ofc, we want a fair game. If the enemy couldn't fire gold, I'd be an unstoppable war machine.

Replenishing the Dinger Gold Vaults with generous red donations

Edit for great quoting from a neat post:

View PostSastusBulbas, on 14 June 2020 - 12:30 AM, said:

This is indeed the crux of the issue. Especially if you get penned (almost?) every time. Getting shot at 8 times by the same tank & getting no damage: fine, you are using your armor & are distracting a potential threat away from your more fragile tanks.

Please continue to use me as target practice. Pay no heed to the TD's who are about to flank & wreck you:B

Getting damaged over & over? No matter what you drive: examine why it happens & take steps on preventing it. This can be from simply changing angle to leaving your current location. Don't just sit there, repeat your actions & then die to avoidable means... No tank is invulnerable

So you got your Object 279e & want to show off how invulnerable you are? Then don't drive it face-first into a Maus... Your natural enemy in close combat...

Edited by UrQuan, 14 June 2020 - 07:14 AM.

unhappy__bunny #29 Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:24 AM

Brigadier

• 21858 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
It seems like a good way to help Dingers celebrate their anniversary. 

tajj7 #30 Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30840 battles

View PostJapualtah, on 13 June 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

It's not any time soon and may not come at all, they tested it and found out what most people already guessed -

• Heavy tanks and armoured tanks became much stronger, many of which are already too strong as it is.
  • Paper tanks that are already weak became weaker
  • Being -2 became even more painful.
  • Being stock became even more painful.

So they decided to not implement the changes and are thinking about new options. 

StronkiTonki #31 Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 37426 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Sadly enough, the game is in a state where a lot of tanks are balanced around premium ammo.

If premium ammo gets removed, so should a lot of tanks get rebalanced for that change.

Homer_J #32 Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:29 AM

Field Marshal

• 34040 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTNT_invader_defender, on 12 June 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

I was playing today with my friend and 2/3 of the players are playing full gold (which is not fun), and i thought if wargaming could remove gold ammo for a month or a week, idk.
It would be great to see how players react to it

You should be asking yourself why you can't afford to play full gold since only 25% of players pay anything then more than half of those full gold players are F2P players.  Or maybe you are wrong.

View PostIn_memory_of_Bud_Spencer, on 12 June 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

I would suggest to implement a EU3 for those "tests". Who wants can test this, who does not, can play on EU1 and 2 and on the playercount on these servers we can see if the players like an idea or not. There are for sure other things that can be tested, too.

They had a test server, they called it the sandbox.  I drove my Maus straight across the field on Steppes and found the arty.  Is that the gameplay you want to encourage?

If a Dingers call to arms had gone out there would be more than 34 votes.:izmena:

PowJay #33 Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44043 battles

View PostTNT_invader_defender, on 12 June 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

I was playing today with my friend and 2/3 of the players are playing full gold (which is not fun), and i thought if wargaming could remove gold ammo for a month or a week, idk.
It would be great to see how players react to it

And you think that is going to improve your experience how?

You have 582 HP average damage in the M103. You can't blame Premium ammo for that.

You have 356 battles in your KV-85 and you have 177.84 HP average damage. I have 177.75 HP average from eight battles in the tier I Renault NC-31. My highest tier II with a reasonable number of battles and NOT an SPG is my Tetrarch with 210.55 HP average from 159 battles. My KV-85 stats are skewed by the fact that I mostly played it as the old KV-1S and hardly play it now. However, my average damage is 764 HP, which is over four times as much as yours.

193 battles in your Type T-34 and you have 88.9 HP average damage. I can beat that with 8/11 of my tier Is (and yeah, I don't know what happened with the Renault FT either). I played my T1 Cunningham most days and got to 529 battles with 157 HP average. My Type T-34 has 519.78 HP average and my highest tier V medium (from 20 battles) is the Pz 25 T with 775 HP average.

Your overall survival rate is abysmal. You can never carry a battle to a win if you are dead. At least it does not suggest a redline camper with late damage (what damage?). It suggests an over-aggressive player who dies too early.

Without going into further detail- as it is more of the same anyway- you are a BAD player. I wonder if your friends are also BAD players. Two or three bad players in most of your battles helps to improve the chances of a loss. My point? Your problems are not related to Premium ammo. It is clearly a PEBCAK issue.

OofBerry #34 Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23357 battles
Im sure gold spam is why you average 500 damage at tier 8-9

JCD3nton #35 Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31909 battles
I'm against gold ammo too but you can't just remove premium rounds and expect everything to work out magically. We have an armor meta problem that needs to be adressed first.

Also tagged with gold, gold ammo, ammo, p2w

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users