Is it the Covid-10 pandemic...or is it deeper ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

flashbarts #1 Posted 13 June 2020 - 01:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48253 battles

i really am finding it harder and harder to sum up the enthusiasm to log on these days, tbh if it wasn't for the tank rewards, where you do need to at least play once a day, I probably wouldn't bother

Is this covid-19 lock-down blues ? Or is this, my favourite game, getting more meh with every 'update' (and lets be frank, 1.9.1 was utter toilet)

Be interested to know how if people feel the same or maybe the lock-down has made them play more and really like where the game is at  ??

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Its on-and-off for me.

If you don't feel like playing just don't. Tankrewards and other stuff is not worth it. Why do your best to get stuff for a game you won't like? There will always be other stuff when you play again, you won't miss not having tank X.

I alternate between just playing my fun tanks and grindong new lines. With each event I think before if I will make it with normal play or not. If I don't think so I won't bother.  

Kdingo #3 Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postflashbarts, on 13 June 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

i really am finding it harder and harder to sum up the enthusiasm to log on these days, tbh if it wasn't for the tank rewards, where you do need to at least play once a day, I probably wouldn't bother

Is this covid-19 lock-down blues ? Or is this, my favourite game, getting more meh with every 'update' (and lets be frank, 1.9.1 was utter toilet)

Be interested to know how if people feel the same or maybe the lock-down has made them play more and really like where the game is at  ??

You sound like your suffering simply from wot fatigue, take a break and do something else. If the game makes you feel like a chore you have to login to to complete some daily task then stop playing for a while. You just torture yourself otherwise and no reward is worth it.

I am just since 2 weeks from a 2 years hiatus, so for now the game works for me and is enjoyable. If this changes i will be gone again, that is the good thing about it, its free to come and go as you please.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's on and off for everyone. I've spent the lockdown completing other games vs just playing WOT. I've even had a week where I did not play WOT at all. I just completed games in my back catalog instead. Tho granted I've had several long sessions the past few months vs normally. I still enjoy this game. I like most if directions now more vs say 2-3 years ago.  That and how you play it is a factor too. As it do you grind tanks you hate, or just play old fun tanks vs going for something new? As mixing that up is as vital. I would not have stuck around for this long if I only did grinds.

Captain_Kremen0 #5 Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40587 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 June 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

It's on and off for everyone. I've spent the lockdown completing other games vs just playing WOT. I've even had a week where I did not play WOT at all. I just completed games in my back catalog instead. Tho granted I've had several long sessions the past few months vs normally. I still enjoy this game. I like most if directions now more vs say 2-3 years ago.  That and how you play it is a factor too. As it do you grind tanks you hate, or just play old fun tanks vs going for something new? As mixing that up is as vital. I would not have stuck around for this long if I only did grinds.

true. grinding the crusader feels like a job, not so much of mixed with other stuff.

TheJungleBeast #6 Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14167 battles
I opened up my steam account for the 1st time in 3 years to make sure I don't get burnt out on playing this game during lockdown.

qpranger #7 Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View Postflashbarts, on 13 June 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

i really am finding it harder and harder to sum up the enthusiasm to log on these days ...

Try another game. Variety is good.

PowJay #8 Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43122 battles

I am currently finding it VERY hard. I am playing like mad to reduce the required extra 400 Tank Reward tokens so that I can play only one battle a day for the rest of the month. Yesterday was- no other word for it- appalling. I decided that today could not be worse. Oh yes it could.

This morning I won four from 19 battles to get 20 bonus tokens at tier IX. So many battles were spotted, shot, tracked, blown to bits, it was unreal. I decided that there was no way that I was going to try and get the second 30 tokens today.

Hello. Idiot back again. Now at 32 battles with exactly half of those counting for the token. Take Fisherman's Bay just now. Drive to ridge. Fire (my mistake) get hit, tracked and utterly destroyed faster than I can say "Nuts". Just typical of many battles I have had today. I promise you that if it were not for the tokens I WOULD WALK AWAY.

Next month I am going to decide if I really want one of the reward tanks before even trying. This month I do want the Steyr. Next month? Who knows?

divsmo #9 Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40844 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I've been taking a break myself since finishing the last frontlines episode and claiming the char. Logged on last night and played 3 games which was enough to decide to continue my break for a bit longer.

If you're not enjoying it find something else to play for a bit, i'm kind of hoping when lockdowns end around the world and the server population starts to die down a bit they will look at the issues players have been asking about. I mean cosmetic patches are fine with me but they really need to start looking at dome of the gameplay issues before too many players leave on a more permenant basis.

Frostilicus #10 Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24191 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 June 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

This sums me up too, more or less - I'm playing a bit more now than maybe a few months ago, but I'm concentrating on things that interest me, rather than a grind.

Battle Pass is quite a sustainer for me, I am enjoying using turreted TD's to complete these :)

krismorgan #11 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38794 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

"Or is this, my favourite game, getting more meh with every 'update' (and lets be frank, 1.9.1 was utter toilet)"

Yes.

1ucky #12 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 92926 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostTheJungleBeast, on 13 June 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

I opened up my steam account for the 1st time in 3 years to make sure I don't get burnt out on playing this game during lockdown.

Any steam titles you'd recommend?

(Don't have to do with tanks.)

N_Sask_R #13 Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18904 battles

View Post1ucky, on 14 June 2020 - 03:04 AM, said:

Any steam titles you'd recommend?

(Don't have to do with tanks.)

A calm slow paced quiet little game I find rather nice is called "Dawn of Man".  Single player prehistoric city builder that won't fray your nerves or have you contemplating how many stiff drinks it will take to get you through a night of it :P  First play of it you sort of pick up on what to do so second runs and beyond are just difficulty settings.  There is a right way but I find it fun to try different things.

Vela_ZG #14 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29270 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87

I can hardly make my self play a couple of games every day. I have premium account and just don't care any more. Its become tiring. Sometimes weeks pass before I log in. I just played a game on Malinovka where EBR 105 was driving in circles on the field for the first 4 minutes of the game spotting and avoiding getting shot. I'm not trying to start another rant about cars in WOT because I've been frustrated and angry for so long now, I've read so many threads already, even that has become boring. Now WoT is just boring and stupid, nothing else. The game is broken on so many levels it's amazing it lasted this long, really. As soon as I see cars driving in circles around the map, I just give up, it looks to me I've actually stopped giving a F. Too bad, because I spent allot of money here and would gladly continue to do so if the game was worth playing. Now I'm playing planes in warthunder here and there, but that's not good either.

Randomar #15 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32239 battles

:popcorn:

Edited by Randomar, 14 June 2020 - 12:39 PM.

Homer_J #16 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm pretty certain this is the gameplay section of the World of Tanks forum, can we keep the discussion on topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users