Jump to content


LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF TANKS OF SPECIFIC CLASSES

gameplay matchmaking light tanks arty artillery SPG limit

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Mr_Dayne #1 Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29555 battles
  • 20
  • [TR4IN] TR4IN
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

People playing in high tiers will know just how many EBR 90 and 105's there are in the game right now. If a match doesn't have an EBR on at least one team, 9/10 times it's because there are no light tanks in the matchmaking.

 

I am genuinely tired of seeing 3, 4, and even 5 light tanks per team in matches, since all but the Russian tanks have no armour and the game plays like tier 1 and 2, where armour isn't an option. I think there should be no more than 2 light tanks per team, and here's why:

 

1) You really don't need 3-4 light tanks if only 1 or 2 positions need to be surveyed.

2) When 3-4 players of each team consist of light tanks, the games are often lacking actual hit points and gameplay, since almost all light tanks have paper for armour.

3) Limiting the amount of light tanks will ensure that ALL light tank players get a match quickly.

4) With only 2 light tanks as a maximum will ensure that the light tank most likely won't have to compete with anyone besides medium tanks for the spotting assistance.

 

Light tanks are already the second most useless class, just ahead of SPG's, and since they generally lack hit points, armour, fire power, AND view range, I don't see a reason to have more than 2 light tanks. 

 

---NOW---

 

For artillery, I think it should be limited to 1 per game. Let's be honest, as much as I would LOVE to see that class removed, and since every game without artillery is a good game, WG will not remove it, they're too stubborn to do it. Therefore, I think artillery should be limited to 1 per team, and here's why:

 

1) With only 1 artillery, 1 of the 2 light tanks will still have support from above, while also not completely ruining it for the enemy that got spotted. Losing 3-500 hit points per artillery for just existing is a terrible game mechanic, and the fewer artilleries there are, the better.

2) Limiting the matchmaking to 1 arty per match gives artillery a much bigger chance of getting into a game fast, since the matchmaker should prioritise finding 2 artilleries of the correct tier instead of just taking as many as possible.

 

Limiting the classes to 2 light tanks per team and 1 artillery per team will therefore lessen the blow of artillery for whoever gets hit, and give light tanks the possibility of getting much more spotting damage.



PowJay #2 Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43087 battles
  • 6,020
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012
I have noted before that you can get five LTs/WVs on Ruinberg and Himmelsdorf and then none at all on Prokhorovka and Malinovka, for example. Surely something could be done to improve this?

MaxandChloe4ever #3 Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

    General of the Army

  • Moderator
  • 254 battles
  • 108
  • Member since:
    06-29-2016
Six LTs per team on Paris today. RIP me. :facepalm:

LethalWalou #4 Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35862 battles
  • 3,532
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostMr_Dayne, on 13 June 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

 

3) Limiting the amount of light tanks will ensure that ALL light tank players get a match quickly.

 

 I think your logic here fails. Limiting their availability to matches makes the queue times automatically longer just like it did for arties already.

 

And if they start limiting tank classes, then more TDs for example get picked and as the general TD players go in this game, the battles would turn into stationary waiting games because the players are indeed that bad. 



24doom24 #5 Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9571 battles
  • 1,932
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
maybe stop necro-ing threads from 2017. 

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 13 June 2020 - 05:39 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,072
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
I wouldn't mind a hard cap on 1 WV/team.
This will sort out so games doesn't have to many lights.

saxsan4 #7 Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:07 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

no no no, it is random for more variety, also I dont want 5 min wait times

 

and this would make the game very boring 



divsmo #8 Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40844 battles
  • 880
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
I play mostly lights and would like to see a cap on the number per game even if it does mean waiting longer for a game. Recently completed the 8k spotting/damage done mission with honours for the chimera and it was a complete RNG fest waiting for the right map and team line up to get it done.
There were a few games in the run that i made it to a decent spotting position just to have another friendly light come and park in the exact same spot and start firing before using me as cover. I've said it before but when stuff like that happens it makes me question why you should even play lights over some mediums in the current meta.

Chuwt #9 Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 47815 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    06-14-2012

So, maximum of one artillery and two lights...so 12 slots to share between three classes....next thing it will be too many TDs, and so on.

Maybe just getting rid of everything but heavies is the answer, then they can just gather in one tiny corner of the map, and try to hump each other to death?

 



Nitro_Tank #10 Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8833 battles
  • 425
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011
clown cars ruin the game, even one is too much but if wg insists on leaving them in the game 1 max. its so sad seeing how every match they are in is a total circus until they die, which may not be at all if they have a tiny sliver of brain

WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:44 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21729 battles
  • 4,128
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

I consistently get matches where there are 3-6 Tank Destroyers.

Each capable of inflicting more damage in one shot [and that is when they're not outright destroyed] than most vehicles are capable of in 2-3.

 

I'll ask, one more time - as I see this as far worse than a vehicle whose only trump card is speed - why aren't we complaining about those as well, if we must complain about MM?



24doom24 #12 Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9571 battles
  • 1,932
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 June 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

I consistently get matches where there are 3-6 Tank Destroyers.

Each capable of inflicting more damage in one shot [and that is when they're not outright destroyed] than most vehicles are capable of in 2-3.

 

I'll ask, one more time - as I see this as far worse than a vehicle whose only trump card is speed - why aren't we complaining about those as well, if we must complain about MM?

Because playing TDs is far more fun than getting stunned and farmed to death in a heavy tank. Triple arta makes the game so unenjoyable for heavies it's insane. If arta was limited to 1 per team I'd be far more inclined to get back to playing heavies instead of TDs. 

 

For the casual player arta and TDs are so easy, comfortable and fun to play. Mediums and lights require too much brains and playing heavies is asking to get farmed for credits and xp. 

 

3 tds isn't to bad tbh. You also have to consider what type of TD is it. Sure if there's 5+ strvs and grilles it might be a campy battle but if it's badgers, E4/E3s and bobjects it's not as bad. Because there is such a large variation in TDs there shouldn't be a strict cap on them. Maybe 5 max is reasonable. Imo the TD spam is a result of triple arta and 3+ wheelies almost every game that's causing this rather than the TDs themselves. 

 


Edited by 24doom24, 13 June 2020 - 10:55 PM.


WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:21 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21729 battles
  • 4,128
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Post24doom24, on 13 June 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

Because playing TDs is far more fun than getting stunned and farmed to death in a heavy tank. Triple arta makes the game so unenjoyable for heavies it's insane. If arta was limited to 1 per team I'd be far more inclined to get back to playing heavies instead of TDs. 

 

For the casual player arta and TDs are so easy, comfortable and fun to play. Mediums and lights require too much brains and playing heavies is asking to get farmed for credits and xp. 

 

3 tds isn't to bad tbh. You also have to consider what type of TD is it. Sure if there's 5+ strvs and grilles it might be a campy battle but if it's badgers, E4/E3s and bobjects it's not as bad. Because there is such a large variation in TDs there shouldn't be a strict cap on them. Maybe 5 max is reasonable. Imo the TD spam is a result of triple arta and 3+ wheelies almost every game that's causing this rather than the TDs themselves. 

 

 

One thing is playing them, other is being on the receiving end of, which is everything but fun and a far cry worse than being shot by artillery.

 

Assault or Snipers both types have too much alpha for their own good. Triple SPGs and WVs have nothing to do with TDs. TDs aren't the counter to either of them, they get countered by them. Excessive amounts of armour are what's driving them into the matchmaker by the thousands. Why receiving 750HP from a tank you can't see is better than 0 - 600HP + stun from another you can't see either is baffling to me.

 

Maybe it's one of the deeply rooted aspects of this community cripted beyond man's understanding.



Robbie_T #14 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22738 battles
  • 1,477
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

Those many Lt's in a game can be solved verry easy

Make them always bottom tier (like in the past) and remove the tier 10 Lt's.(tier 9 can stay as a exclusive)

To many people playing LT's nowadays and 80% suck in them or play for tehre selfs while LT is a important serving roll.

 

I liked it way better when LT was always bottom tier so only the most experienced players played it and-

-we get some actual spotting

 


Edited by Robbie_T, 14 June 2020 - 03:44 AM.


N_Sask_R #15 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 18852 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    11-04-2018
I like it how it is and also feel that the problem isn't the group composition its the players inability to adapt to the situation.  Why is arty so hated? because the players that hate them don't use cover effectively enough (if at all).  Why are WV hated? it is harder to hit a moving target and the faster it is the harder to hit (without math).  Some hate playing heavies, generally because they don't understand how to be effective in one (I was the worst for ages!)  As the brontosaurus would have said, "I wish I could have adapted better".  Just think in the real world quite often whatever was nearby got sent, if that meant the tenth field artillery was nearby you are getting six arty!  I also like short queues, I tend to wander off when they are too long.

Jin91 #16 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3171 battles
  • 449
  • Member since:
    12-29-2018

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 June 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

I consistently get matches where there are 3-6 Tank Destroyers.

Each capable of inflicting more damage in one shot [and that is when they're not outright destroyed] than most vehicles are capable of in 2-3.

 

I'll ask, one more time - as I see this as far worse than a vehicle whose only trump card is speed - why aren't we complaining about those as well, if we must complain about MM?

Oh we are it's just so many bush lovers here so it might fall in deaf ears. Imo there should be a limit to each special class. But some people seem to like those 8vs8 TD matches which ends up in draw 


Edited by Jin91, 14 June 2020 - 12:41 PM.


Kartoshkaya #17 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30026 battles
  • 1,035
  • [S4BRE] S4BRE
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View PostN_Sask_R, on 14 June 2020 - 05:13 AM, said:

I like it how it is and also feel that the problem isn't the group composition its the players inability to adapt to the situation.  Why is arty so hated? because the players that hate them don't use cover effectively enough (if at all).  Why are WV hated? it is harder to hit a moving target and the faster it is the harder to hit (without math).  Some hate playing heavies, generally because they don't understand how to be effective in one (I was the worst for ages!)  As the brontosaurus would have said, "I wish I could have adapted better".  Just think in the real world quite often whatever was nearby got sent, if that meant the tenth field artillery was nearby you are getting six arty!  I also like short queues, I tend to wander off when they are too long.

No, people hate arty cause they deny them from getting out of cover and actually try to play the game. Everyone camp to death nowadays, way more than a few years ago, people press battle and then camp the first bush/rock they see on the map. WG already added enough OP camping position, when you add to that arties harrasement it just become more and more unplayable. But maybe you think all players should adapt and suck rocks all game long waiting for draws. Maybe that's how you enjoy wot.



WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21729 battles
  • 4,128
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostJin91, on 14 June 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

Oh we are it's just so many bush lovers here so it might fall in deaf ears. Imo there should be a limit to each special class. But some people seem to like those 8vs8 TD matches which ends up in draw 

 

Agreed.

 



no_skill_bob #19 Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34615 battles
  • 2,394
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostNitro_Tank, on 13 June 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

clown cars ruin the game, even one is too much but if wg insists on leaving them in the game 1 max. its so sad seeing how every match they are in is a total circus until they die, which may not be at all if they have a tiny sliver of brain

Wait for british wheeled mediums :) i have no issues with them, aim better.



Kartoshkaya #20 Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30026 battles
  • 1,035
  • [S4BRE] S4BRE
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View Postno_skill_bob, on 14 June 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Wait for british wheeled mediums :) i have no issues with them, aim better.

Can't wait to see them having only 5 shells cause WG wants them to be "different".







Also tagged with gameplay, matchmaking, light tanks, arty, artillery, SPG, limit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users