What happen to this game?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

HeavyJackass #1 Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9556 battles
  • [FWW] FWW

I've been a fan of World Of Tanks back in the old days. Then i took a break from it, because of many reasons.

After for like 4 years and wanted to try it again. I return to [Edited] like never before.

What the hell happend to this game?

People constanly using HEAT and APCR (Gold ammo as we know it)

Artillery anyoing you with stuning and detraking, even when missing.
Wheel vehicles, that are like formel 1's and snap's shoots you while going 95mph.

Bad new maps, that bores you to death, because you can't move to a decent position.
New broken auto loaders, that rapes you, before you can get a shot in.
MM bad as always (No surprise there) 

This has been 2 frustrating weeks, really trying to like the game again.....but god damn. What happend man? And i'm the only here, who think like this or am i missing something here? 

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 13 June 2020 - 09:15 PM.
Removed inappropriate use of the term cancer.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37251 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostHeavyJackass, on 13 June 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

People constanly using HEAT and APCR (Gold ammo as we know it)

Artillery anyoing you with stuning and detraking, even when missing.
Wheel vehicles, that are like formel 1's and snap's shoots you while going 95mph.

Bad new maps, that bores you to death, because you can't move to a decent position.
New broken auto loaders, that rapes you, before you can get a shot in.
MM bad as always (No surprise there) 

Yes, this is all new and we've never heard of anyone else having these issues.

It must just be a you thing. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHeavyJackass, on 13 June 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

This has been 2 frustrating weeks, really trying to like the game again.....but god damn. What happend man? And i'm the only here, who think like this or am i missing something here? 

Depends on how you look at it. MM is better then it was 2 years ago. And nicer vs when you first played 9 years ago. Gold spam has been the same for almost 8 years, same with clip guns. And most take the arty stun, unless you feel getting hit for 2000 HP was better than 300 and a stun? I'm not complaining there at least. Maps have always been a touchy subject. Most removed maps I hated, others want back.

But as no game runs the same for 10 years, metas come and go. And you gotta run with it. As things you hate, are what others like. If the MM was the same as it was 4 years ago, or even 9 years ago. I doubt many would have stayed as long as they have tbh. Even less so if 3-5-7 still was a thing. Or if clip guns etc were never added. And two styles of tanks were all you had. Variation is why others stay, but some hate as well.

At the end of the day, different and changes are always bad for some. And good for others on most tings on your list.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 June 2020 - 09:14 PM.

Indy_Bones #4 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37545 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 June 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

Gold spam has been the same for almost 8 years

Absolute drivel.

Gold spam was NEVER a problem until WG changed it from actually costing gold to credits, then everyone and their dog started using it ad nauseum.

It was incredibly rare to see people using premium rounds when they cost gold, it was mainly a few hardcore unicums from the very top clans or extreme wallet warriors, the rest of us learnt how to aim for weakspots and used what we had.

Now there are virtually no weakspots on many tanks, too many tanks are massively overarmoured, and most players appear to have anywhere from 25% to 100% of their loadout as premium rounds.

So no, it's NOTHING like it was 8 years ago...

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21755 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostHeavyJackass, on 13 June 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

I've been a fan of World Of Tanks back in the old days. Then i took a break from it, because of many reasons.

After for like 4 years and wanted to try it again. I return to [Edited] like never before.

What the hell happend to this game?

1 - People constanly using HEAT and APCR (Gold ammo as we know it)

2 - Artillery anyoing you with stuning and detraking, even when missing.
3 - Wheel vehicles, that are like formel 1's and snap's shoots you while going 95mph.

4 - Bad new maps, that bores you to death, because you can't move to a decent position.
5 - New broken auto loaders, that rapes you, before you can get a shot in.
6 - MM bad as always (No surprise there)

1 - Powercreep has accelerated the use of Heavy Armour, which later became the norm. People used gold to tackle it and people complained. WG buffed the armour and the cycle began repeating ad infinitum.

2 - Artillery could one-shot you back then. Between 5-10s stun + 230 damage vs 2400HP, I'll take the stun any day. TDs can still one-shot or seriously cripple your vehicles. I don't see anyone complaining about those.

3 - This is an "Adapt" issue. And it's km/h. (Metric System ftw)

4 - WG explained, and I quote, "there are players of a certain skill [read: bad players] who'd be even worse if there weren't broken/OP easy play positions, so we create those". Those crutches create the map imbalances you see.

5 - Auto-Reloaders. I understand easy is said than done but... don't get caught by one of them.

6 - Nope.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 13 June 2020 - 09:41 PM.

HeavyJackass #6 Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9556 battles
  • [FWW] FWW

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 13 June 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

Yes, this is all new and we've never heard of anyone else having these issues.

It must just be a you thing. 

And yes....the attitude from the community look's the same as always...

View PostIndy_Bones, on 13 June 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

It was incredibly rare to see people using premium rounds 

Now there are virtually no weakspots on many tanks, too many tanks are massively overarmoured

So no, it's NOTHING like it was 8 years ago...

I fully agree with u there. Even gold ammo back then, you saw very few people using gold rounds. Back then people, actually aimed for the weakpsots. Now everyone just aim and shoot, ez pen. 

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 June 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

getting hit for 2000 HP was better than 300 and a stun?

At the end of the day, different and changes are always bad for some. And good for others on most tings on your list.

That's true about the one shot. But when u go are against tier 4-6 arty's when there is 3 of them, that start blasting you. Constantly detracking you and stunning. In tier 10, they damage you quite alot, cause the miss so rarely. The accuracy is insane. And many of the maps provides so little cover, for you.

Guess i just need to be a little more patience. I just wanted to hear from others, what the game is like nowadays. Cause mine was a hard start

Edited by HeavyJackass, 13 June 2020 - 10:09 PM.

Kadorn #7 Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15904 battles

1. People constanly using HEAT and APCR (Gold ammo as we know it)
  2. Artillery anyoing you with stuning and detraking, even when missing.
  3. Wheel vehicles, that are like formel 1's and snap's shoots you while going 95mph.
  4. Bad new maps, that bores you to death, because you can't move to a decent position.
  5. New broken auto loaders, that rapes you, before you can get a shot in.
  6. MM bad as always (No surprise there) 
  1. Yes it sucks and it's mostly an issue for the old high tier armoured tanks which should be bouncier than they are. For many of new fast heavies it's less of an issue. Problem was they added tanks without any proper weakspots so then gold became the norm.
  2. Yep arty is still the worst thing in the game, should be a support mechanic not a random damage dealer. It's amazing how differently people play the game when there is no arty. IMO it ruins the game, the fact this is hasn't been changed is rather depressing.
  3. Yes also an issue but I think they are going to fix this....
  4. The maps do vary in quality, most are made worse by artillery limiting the playstyle and viable locations. If arty was fixed I think most maps would be good fun.
  5. Hmm I disagree, I think the auto loaders are a nice addition. They play differently and having played them they do have significant disadvantages. Yes you can destroy people but you can also get caught with your pants down. Their armour is also normally pathetic.
  6. Also not too bad, not great a balancing skill but the tier spread is fine.

HeavyJackass #8 Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9556 battles
  • [FWW] FWW

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 June 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

2 - Artillery could one-shot you back then. Between 5-10s stun + 230 damage vs 2400HP, I'll take the stun any day. TDs can still one-shot or seriously cripple your vehicles. I don't see anyone complaining about those.

In low tier arty their rate of fire is faster, which means they detrack you and can lock u down. Even when u get spottet and drive at full speed, to get away (Because Wargaming said Arty prevents camping) they still hit you. High tiers they can still do quite alot of damage (500-600), but i still prefer the damage as it is now. It's just the accuracy of the arty's in overall, that annoys me.

The Conqueror GC manage to hit me for like 1000 damage, when i drove in my AMX 50 100. It's paper armor i know, but still high for 1 hit.

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 June 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

TDs can still one-shot or seriously cripple your vehicles. I don't see anyone complaining about those.

High damage TD's have never been an issue for me. For me i think it's easier to counter + even when they hit you, u still have a change to hit them back. Arty just sits in the back and shoots you. Forces you to reley on ur arty to counter him, which they clearly don't.

Edited by HeavyJackass, 13 June 2020 - 11:28 PM.

Inappropriate_noob #9 Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 18999 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View PostHeavyJackass, on 13 June 2020 - 10:07 PM, said:

And yes....the attitude from the community look's the same as always...

I fully agree with u there. Even gold ammo back then, you saw very few people using gold rounds. Back then people, actually aimed for the weakpsots. Now everyone just aim and shoot, ez pen. 

That's true about the one shot. But when u go are against tier 4-6 arty's when there is 3 of them, that start blasting you. Constantly detracking you and stunning. In tier 10, they damage you quite alot, cause the miss so rarely. The accuracy is insane. And many of the maps provides so little cover, for you.

Guess i just need to be a little more patience. I just wanted to hear from others, what the game is like nowadays. Cause mine was a hard start

I think N S was being funny ,(made me giggle anyways) but mu apologies for using NS, thats my old tag

NS = No Skill = NoobySkooby:D

Again, my apologies the the Nuclear one

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21755 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostHeavyJackass, on 13 June 2020 - 10:18 PM, said:

1 - The Conqueror GC manage to hit me for like 1000 damage, when i drove in my AMX 50 100. It's paper armor i know, but still high for 1 hit.

2 - High damage TD's have never been an issue for me. For me i think it's easier to counter + even when they hit you, u still have a change to hit them back. Arty just sits in the back and shoots you. Forces you to reley on ur arty to counter him, which they clearly don't.

Forgive my repetive type of answering. It is simply easier to me.

1 - Those hits are rare. Before they were the standard. While artillery can do those strikes once in a blue moon, a Jageroo does that as standard damage output every shot that pens. There's no term of comparison between either, so, personally, I find it hard to complain about SPGs in this regard than a TD.

2 - I disagree vehemently. While SPGs are a non-issue for me, they are very difficult to counter, especially with the map specific areas designed for the said class, chokeholds, massive camo and hard cover offered. When they hit you, you don't always get a chance to hit back as they can easily retreat into said cover. While playing HTs, a TD is a much bigger threat than a clicker could ever be.

I suppose this is my view as an LT player. Being deleted by one player clicking LMB and the only time I get to see the tank hunter is when my vehicle is a smoldering wreck, and that is if he is even spotted, which doesn't always happen..

I'd say "Thank God for WVs" but people hate these too as much as SPGs and they are to be slated with massive nerfs. This game, and its community, are rather amazing in their quirks.

N_Sask_R #11 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18904 battles
I was only gone months, came back and realized I was rusty.  I think because I have a bit of past experience though I'm more aware of things....I'll lend you my wire brush when I'm done getting my own rust scraped off though :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37251 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostIndy_Bones, on 13 June 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

Now there are virtually no weakspots on many tanks, too many tanks are massively overarmoured, and most players appear to have anywhere from 25% to 100% of their loadout as premium rounds.

I usually run about a 60/40/10 split. But just because I have them doesn't mean I have to use them. :) 

Indy_Bones #13 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37545 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 June 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

I usually run about a 60/40/10 split. But just because I have them doesn't mean I have to use them. :) 

Which is still very far removed from the 90/0/10 split that the vast majority of players had before premium ammo for credits.

Also, people don't tend to load things they will never use, so again, the majority when facing a target that's harder to pen with normal ammo (or in the current meta, virtually impossible), will simply load up the premium. I don't blame them for doing this against a number of clearly over armoured targets (Type 5, 279e, Bobject etc), but it also goes to illustrate a huge part of the problem that WG have created with their changes

Gkirmathal #14 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8692 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

Essentially this: Wargaming thought that a facelift through 'new and fancy graphics' would bring in fresh blood, a.k. a younger audience (the BF5 generation so to say), that they could monetize and they have been trying to appease the existing whales/frequent spenders.

In this process they have made one big mistake (IMO): contracting a dude called Murtazor and made him handle content balancing for a time. He had detrimental believes what the "balance should be", also in regards to premiums (that WG won't/can't nerf after release) and this period put WoT on the tracks and heading that it is currently on.

Some folks here like it a lot, other much less...though the majority do not visit the forums and I guess are kind of oblivious to some discussions.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 14 June 2020 - 12:27 PM.

WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21755 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostGkirmathal, on 14 June 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

In this process they have made one big mistake (IMO): contracting a dude called Murtazor and made him handle content balancing for a time. He had detrimental believes what the "balance should be", also in regards to premiums (that WG won't/can't nerf after release) and this period put WoT on the tracks and heading that it is currently on.

This. The Murazor fella. He said in one of his streams that "Heavy Tanks should not be penetrable from the front".

I take it he isn't responsible for map design although, as the head of the balancing department, he could've extended his powers there and thus we received corridor maps. That and he brought in stuff like the Obj. 268 V4, Defender, Type 5 buffs, Maus etc.

s3thus #16 Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22678 battles
It's a typical F2P game life cycle. WoT is way past its peak and all they do nowadays is come up with new premium store schemes.

no_skill_bob #17 Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
Give  me that arta that only hits for 230-300, considering accuracy improvement, splash radius and dpm buff, i actually would prefer one shotting artas, lets be honest here, old arta didnt have accuracy(nerfed old arta), dpm or aim time, it didnt miss you for 500-700 dmg when shell landed in the same post code with you. Not to mention epic stun mechanic. Either way penetrating shots still happen quite frequently, if thats how arta is going to be, i would like to see that option to be removed completely, if it is a support class with its stun, it should not be able to deal more than those 500-600dmg even when landing shells on hull deck. When there are 3 of them, what diffetence does it make, between a oneshot and what we have now? I will save up some replays for the future, but it should not be a secret that 2-3 tier 10 arta focus is very balanced - how much you can take 4-5 shots? Ok lets say 6, so you are dead in 1 minute anyway, with at least 2 crew members dead, engine, ammorack ir some other modules damaged and on top of that, permanently stunned this is so good, bring old arta back, remove splash, nerf aim time and accuracy, adjust dpm and dmg values accordingly.

Edited by no_skill_bob, 14 June 2020 - 01:50 PM.

Kdingo #18 Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 14 June 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

This. The Murazor fella. He said in one of his streams that "Heavy Tanks should not be penetrable from the front".

I take it he isn't responsible for map design although, as the head of the balancing department, he could've extended his powers there and thus we received corridor maps. That and he brought in stuff like the Obj. 268 V4, Defender, Type 5 buffs, Maus etc.

Has he been properly crucified for the sins he committed? Or at least quartered by 4 tanks.

no_skill_bob #19 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostKdingo, on 14 June 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

Has he been properly crucified for the sins he committed? Or at least quartered by 4 tanks.

he is working on some new, atm secret project at cyprus, so no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users