GOLD RUSH

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HMS_Birmingham #1 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14079 battles

Is it me or has the use of premium ammo become the norm to use lately ?? I mean have I missed something ?? Is there a sale on gold ammo ??

I totally get APCR, HEAT, HESH has a place in game play and a person is more than in their right to choose to just load out "special ammo" but up until 2 weeks ago, many people including myself would attempt to use their skills to pen a shot and only use gold ammo against tanks when struggling to pen their +2 matchmaking front or when the last tank standing needs their shots to count.

Over the past 2 weeks I am more frequently being spammed with gold ammo no matter how flimsy my tank is or whether I'm bottom or top tier. Now I'm ok with this in the lower tiers as many have no knowledge of weak spots so dab the 2 key as they simply lack the skills to get a shot in against people who know how to angle their armour. But this gold spamming is happening over most tiers and almost all the time ??

Again it's their credits they are spunking on ammo that half the time isn't needed to pen a tank but gosh is it going to start a trend where we will all have to load out gold ? I mean if they are almost certain to pen every single shot then gone are the days you can risk an AP bounce in return.

Or are WG introducing more bots into the game? after all the bot's I assume have no shortage of gold ammo to spam https://www.youtube....h?v=F8qsYN9P35w

Edited by HMS_Birmingham, 13 June 2020 - 09:13 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77807 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Lately? I mean considering the topics about gold in the past. And the meme the 5% thing became. I suspect it depends on who you ask. As for some, it's always been the norm. The higher tier you go, the more you will see.

But, with all the events of late etc. I suspect most f2p players can afford it a bit more vs a few years ago. More so now that bonds saving can get most of them a premium tank to cover for it.

Galan7891 #3 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11089 battles

"Gold" is viable against squishy targets aswell.Especially since most of the time premium APCR get more velocity.Thus making sniping "easier".

Also something that keeps happening to me is forgetting to switch to normal ammo.Or that i have Gold loaded but the opportunity arises to take a shot at something that doesnt really need gold to pen.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I got the Centurion 7/1 top gun last week
and have to admit - hesh ammo is very nice regardless of target as it has much more pen than regular HE.
Now I carry about 45 hesh shots and the rest is standard ammo for low tiers.

At least I am able to so some damage to Tier 10 tonks

SastusBulbas #5 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36990 battles
Gold ammo lol, just post replays as it happens so we can laugh at how much gold ammo is pointless and should cause embarrasment when whined about.

HMS_Birmingham #6 Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14079 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 June 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

Lately? I mean considering the topics about gold in the past. And the meme the 5% thing became. I suspect it depends on who you ask. As for some, it's always been the norm. The higher tier you go, the more you will see.

But, with all the events of late etc. I suspect most f2p players can afford it a bit more vs a few years ago. More so now that bonds saving can get most of them a premium tank to cover for it.

You have a point there. Never gave it a thought with the daily missions now rewarding significant credits to most tiers. I guess if you have no intention to grind through and buy tanks then why not load out ammo to make your life easier on the battlefield

Galan7891 #7 Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11089 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 13 June 2020 - 09:22 PM, said:

I got the Centurion 7/1 top gun last week
and have to admit - hesh ammo is very nice regardless of target as it has much more pen than regular HE.
Now I carry about 45 hesh shots and the rest is standard ammo for low tiers.

At least I am able to so some damage to Tier 10 tonks

There are Tier 10 tanks with less standard pen than Cent7/1...just saying...

Robbie_T #8 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22750 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Playing since 2014 and Gold rounds always have bin fired .

I must say some people in the beggining didnt know you could buy them now for credits instead of gold .

But its just the same as 2014.

And i always have the prem ammo in the barrel and only switch it out in the  end when there some paper tds left.

And yeah sometimes i shoot a lower tier with premium rounds ...becuase thats whats loaded..if i have to reload my shot can be gone.

so the first shot can be a premium but if your lower tier and alone ill press 1 to make some credits.

Edited by Robbie_T, 14 June 2020 - 03:49 AM.

HMS_Birmingham #9 Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14079 battles

Maybe it's just me then or maybe it's different players on the different severs? I'm not whining or saying I've never had gold fired at me or that I never use gold ammo. It has its place in the game. It's just the frequency at which it seems to be fired at me over the past couple weeks or so when it seemed pointless to do so as I was in tanks that HE would have no trouble penning.

I guess in a roundabout way I'm asking if the player base of late seems to out right lack the skill to fire anything else at you. I get that in this corona lockdown your going to have a new influx of players just out to occupy their time and have no real interest in learning weak spots as it's more a pass time. The give away for this would be the increase in times I can count 7 on my team that did 0 damage in a game. I suppose if you were one of those 7 you feel you'll have a better chance of doing some damage the next game if you load out just gold ammo.

chessstud #10 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20527 battles

It's just World of Tanks in 2020. Any time I enter tier 10, it's just a broken gold spam. Even at low tiers, you find idiot seal clubbers gold spamming the entire game.

Moderators, please don't ban me for this post. There is no insult in it, and no possibility of any interpretation of someone being insulted.

hellhound6 #11 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11415 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

Yeah will notice more threads about gold

Because its became more common

Yeah every single tank is shooting gold even i saw few STRV doing that.

A lot of user will tell you here that they using gold for bullet speed, dont trust them

There is no even 1 reason to drive heavy tank, not anymore!

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posthellhound6, on 14 June 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

A lot of user will tell you here that they using gold for bullet speed, dont trust them

You may have noticed the little Frenchies that have been zipping around the game the  last few months.

Loading APCR with its significantly greater shell velocity makes nailing them at range easier to do and I think you'll struggle to find many around here that would agree with you that's a bad thing

Hedgehog1963 #13 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 58447 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users