why play with T110E5 while there are Super Conquerors around ?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Semih_Dellal #1 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7803 battles

Hi everybody...

Although i'm an average player and cant create miracles with Super Conqueror either but wanna ask something...

When there are Super Conquerors around, T110E5 needs a buff desperately right ?

its my first and only tier X vehicle for now...played it with 250+ battles...although pretty good at mid-to-long range engagement...but i cant play always at range with a heavy...i dont know any of you could achieve it all the time...

you all know the issues of E5's and dont wanna repeat that...cupola at close range is a huge handicap, easily penetratable from the lower plate...the only thing it is superior to S conq., is its upper plate...

S Conq. Gun is better, nigh invincible when hull-down compared to E5,

-10 depression vs -8....

Grinding it now...reached Caernarvon and enjoying playing it...when i reach top...instantly give up my E5...maybe the problem is me but i think it is unplayable now at tierX battles...

By the way...i'm comparing those heavies because the two countries almost have the same doctrine about their medium and heavy tanks...as you all know...

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37251 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
If you don't like fighting with the other heavies then go help your mediums on their flank instead. I'm sure they wouldn't mind the extra muscle. 

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 63888 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
SC is stronger indeed, especially hulldown. But the E5 is noticably more agile, which I really like.

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles
WG could just remove entire cupola of E5 and it would still not be the strongest T10 heavy.

tajj7 #5 Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

People say this, but really just because they have the same gun pretty much they are not that similar, E5 is much faster (even if the top speed difference isn't huge), is way more agile and has the stronger hull when not hull down. it's also I think a smaller target generally and seems less weak to arty IMo. Super Conq is basically just a hull down tank, outside that it's a big target with a weak hull, that is pretty slow. 

It's more what is the point of the E5, when there are tanks like the 260, 430U, 277 etc. around, they are way way faster, have much smaller turret weak spots, and have similar if not better gun handling. 

E5 to me always seemed like an old school heavium, something that traded bits of a heavy to be a bit more medium like in mobility but nowhere near as good, but now the 'meta' heaviums, don't really trade any armour or anything and are pretty much as mobile as mediums. 

iraqxlol #6 Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4478 battles

I just don't understand people.

Removing the coupla or reducing it size will make this thing immune hulldown, Upper frontal plate is also really Really strong, Not to mention it's manuverablity.

Without coupla T110E5 would be much more broken than FV4201, And much worse than fighting Obj279e.

But I guess people just want to start clubbing right?

SuNo_TeSLa #7 Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60859 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
Call me crazy, but i somehow prefer the E5 :)

sid257 #8 Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47045 battles
  • [SYFY] SYFY
E5 used to be meta until everyone who couldn’t be bothered to grind it complained and it was nerfed. Plus it’s American so never gonna stay viable with the soviet biase.

Objec7 #9 Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18244 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF

View PostSemih_Dellal, on 14 June 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

Hi everybody...

Although i'm an average player and cant create miracles with Super Conqueror either but wanna ask something...

When there are Super Conquerors around, T110E5 needs a buff desperately right ?

its my first and only tier X vehicle for now...played it with 250+ battles...although pretty good at mid-to-long range engagement...but i cant play always at range with a heavy...i dont know any of you could achieve it all the time...

you all know the issues of E5's and dont wanna repeat that...cupola at close range is a huge handicap, easily penetratable from the lower plate...the only thing it is superior to S conq., is its upper plate...

S Conq. Gun is better, nigh invincible when hull-down compared to E5,

-10 depression vs -8....

Grinding it now...reached Caernarvon and enjoying playing it...when i reach top...instantly give up my E5...maybe the problem is me but i think it is unplayable now at tierX battles...

By the way...i'm comparing those heavies because the two countries almost have the same doctrine about their medium and heavy tanks...as you all know...

AMX 30 is just worse Leo PTA. But I still love it. If you don't want to play a tank because it's similar to another but weaker, just don't play it then. They still play different and someone loves both of them.

Gwynbleidd11 #10 Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18974 battles
E5 is awesome, one of the most mobile heavy tanks in wot

Celution #11 Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28853 battles

The T110E5 is balanced. The Super Conqueror and T95/FV4201 Chieftain, amonst others, are overpowered.

The correct solution would not be to buff the T110E5 to the levels of the current iier 10 meta, but instead reduce the power level of other tier 10 tanks that have been elevated through bad power creep over the years. In the case of the tanks mentioned above, they should not have -10 gun depression as a starter. -7 would be more than enough (like it was back in the day on the Conqueror), and would allow the E5 to have an edge on ridgelines, whereas the Sconq and Chief have their raw DPM advantage..

Dava_117 #12 Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• 24592 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 14 June 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

Super Conq is basically just a hull down tank, outside that it's a big target with a weak hull, that is pretty slow.

IMO, this is not true. A tank with 290mm effective UFP with 30mm more spaced armour for a total of 320mm effective armour is not just a hulldown tank. Especially if you also consider the 304mm armour that WG put at the sides to negate the weackspot FV215 has and allow it to use sidescrape effectively. 

Prior to SConqueror introduction Conqueror and Caernarvon were hulldown tank, as the hull was really paperish and easy to pen on UFP too. 

But now they're effectively multirole HTs, not just hulldown.

_Anarchistic_ #13 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49501 battles

SC is IMHO different class to E5, I find E5 much more vulnerable to arty and yes its nimbler but its way behind other heavies , even IS7 goes 50+

but its not that far off, just a tweak to cupola , perhaps like the M48 and tis back on the money

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Advantage of the E5 is that it doesn't get focussed a lot, and occasionally actually players don't spam gold on it. 

Decrease the cupola size a bit and its a fine tank. I used in ranked quite a bit, after the tryhards moved up I just play a few casual games and surprizingly quite good results.

tajj7 #15 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

View PostCelution, on 14 June 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

The T110E5 is balanced. The Super Conqueror and T95/FV4201 Chieftain, amonst others, are overpowered.

The correct solution would not be to buff the T110E5 to the levels of the current iier 10 meta, but instead reduce the power level of other tier 10 tanks that have been elevated through bad power creep over the years. In the case of the tanks mentioned above, they should not have -10 gun depression as a starter. -7 would be more than enough (like it was back in the day on the Conqueror), and would allow the E5 to have an edge on ridgelines, whereas the Sconq and Chief have their raw DPM advantage..

Not true at all, Super Conqueror is a balanced tank, T110E5 is under powered, it was underpowered when it used to have the weak cupola in the old meta, and now its gone back to the same it's under powered.

View PostDava_117, on 14 June 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

IMO, this is not true. A tank with 290mm effective UFP with 30mm more spaced armour for a total of 320mm effective armour is not just a hulldown tank. Especially if you also consider the 304mm armour that WG put at the sides to negate the weackspot FV215 has and allow it to use sidescrape effectively. 

Prior to SConqueror introduction Conqueror and Caernarvon were hulldown tank, as the hull was really paperish and easy to pen on UFP too. 

But now they're effectively multirole HTs, not just hulldown.

Something that goes 34kph, with 12 hp/ton, a giant weak lower plate that tier 10s can pen from pretty much any angle but auto-bounce, large weak sides is not a multi-role heavy at all.

It can sidescrape ok ish, but there are far better sidescrapers out there, it can't trade because it has measly alpha for a heavy, it can't push anywhere in the open because people will just pen you lower plate over and over, and you are super slow, so are exposed to lots of shots as well whenever you try to move positions or cross gaps.

No one is going to bounce on your sides either, even low pen tier 8s, unlike say an E100, IS7, Maus, Type 5, 705A etc. who have either thicker sides or troll spaced armour. 

The upper plate is not 290,  it's about 260-275 on the flat over most of it, and 250 if you miss the spaced armour. The E5's upper plate is 280 to some parts are over 400, 60tp upper plate is like 340 effective, 705As is like 280-290, Panzer VII is 350 with like a 270 lower plate, IS-7s is 290 to over 300. For a tier 10 heavy, hull wise it's poor, only the 113 and 277 probably have weaker hulls overall, and they go way way faster (and still have stronger lower plates). 

Even hull down it is not that good if it gets HEAT spammed, they will go through turret cheeks, mantlet, turret ring and cupola. Whereas other tanks are more HEAT resistant on their turrets (like 277, Kranvagn, IS7, 279e, 113, etc. etc.)

The Kravagn has more gun depression, a better turret, goes 60 kph and has an autoloader, and that is not even considered a great tank.

It's also probably one of the worst tier 10 heavies for taking arty, what with it's size and 17mm hull roof armour over the huge engine deck. 

It's a hull down tank, that can sidesrape ok, but is terrible at pushing or relocating, terrible at taking HE damage, and that is bad for trading. It can basically sit on a reverse ridge, hoping arty doesn't click it and hope people push into it, and don't spam too much HEAT.

Don't see how that is a multi-purpose tank, it's good at one thing and ok at another thing. 

WarlockOPain #16 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35864 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D

E5 not the only one become a tank of the collection in WoT. Previously seen in CW such tanks like E5, E100, obj.268, is-4....now he rarely sees them sometimes in random. If you look stream then you will see that dominate T95/FV4201 Chieftain and obj.907. In T8 skirmish Defender, Progretto and others premium tanksThe game has changed premium and award tanks playground, I no see point grind tech-tree tanks.

Dava_117 #17 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• 24592 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 14 June 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

Don't see how that is a multi-purpose tank, it's good at one thing and ok at another thing. 

SConqueror is not that far away from tier 10 standards on hull armour. 101mm sides is the avarage at tier 10 as most HTs are inside the 90-100mm range. SConqueror require the same angling you need for a 705A or an IS-7 to sidescrape, as an example. 

Compare it with E5 sides that goes as down as 44mm. IMO just this shows how SConqueror is a better all-around tank than E5, that should be the multi purpose HT.

Apart for LFP thickness, there isn't really much dragging it down.

_Anarchistic_ #18 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49501 battles
is it my imagination or did the E5 used to have an edge on IS7 speed wise?

Slyspy #19 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Why play an out of meta tank? Because you can? Because you want to? Because you are better with it than with other tanks (or than other players in that tank)? Because you have more fun with that particular playstyle? To be hipster? Because in reality it doesn't matter which tank you use so long as you have fun and do your bit (some might say that only one of those criteria counts and which one you pick says a lot about a person IMO)? Because, despite what people might say and despite the urges of many gamers, you don't have to min-max everything?

Kdingo #20 Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 14 June 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

Why play an out of meta tank? Because you can? Because you want to? Because you are better with it than with other tanks (or than other players in that tank)? Because you have more fun with that particular playstyle? To be hipster? Because in reality it doesn't matter which tank you use so long as you have fun and do your bit (some might say that only one of those criteria counts and which one you pick says a lot about a person IMO)? Because, despite what people might say and despite the urges of many gamers, you don't have to min-max everything?

The blessing that is random battle, you don't have to play stronk meta tanks all day. You can even win/have a good time in the biggest piles of kakoo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users