When should we expect WG's position on Equipment 2.0?

Equipment 2.0

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21755 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

It would be nice to get an official to give us more info on that...

I know usually these things take time but it was a good initiative, so I'm somewhat eager to see how it will play out on live servers. Have players received the survey as of yet?

no_skill_bob #2 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
Wait till 2nd test and expect a lot of changes.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I suspect like the HE test, we won't hear anything about how they feel it went until they do a 2nd or 3rd test. As with the HE, they did an underpowered one, and a mad broken one see where the middle should be.

Homer_J #4 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:51 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWindSplitter1, on 14 June 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

It would be nice to get an official to give us more info on that...

I know usually these things take time but it was a good initiative, so I'm somewhat eager to see how it will play out on live servers. Have players received the survey as of yet?

They announced a few days ago that there would be further tests so one can presume that they are not ready to put it live as yet.

mgns #5 Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44721 battles
I'm pretty sure they're waiting to take their position until you've assumed yours

the_nebuchadnezzar #6 Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58050 battles
Hope... never!

kejmo #7 Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38877 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS
I surely believe Yuriy, Igor and Anton will come with even more magnificent ideas, like sloped wheels for clowncars or railgun upgrade for soviet tanks. Furthermore, they think spg carcinomes are not balanced enough so they will probably give them +1 equipment slot for adding flame shell upgrade, which would set tanks on fire 100% of the time. And of course, increase the number to max 5 per match, cause 3 are not enough and the game is imbalanced in the way it current is.

_Anarchistic_ #8 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49501 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 June 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

I suspect like the HE test, we won't hear anything about how they feel it went until they do a 2nd or 3rd test. As with the HE, they did an underpowered one, and a mad broken one see where the middle should be.

or they will be tying to work out how to monetise the options to the max, which seems to be the general conclusion from the streamers regarding the gold ammo changes, money grab that wont stop gold spam just make it more expensive

Spurtung #9 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 82268 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View Postkejmo, on 14 June 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

Furthermore, they think spg carcinomes are not balanced enough so they will probably give them +1 equipment slot for adding flame shell upgrade, which would set tanks on fire 100% of the time. And of course, increase the number to max 5 per match, cause 3 are not enough and the game is imbalanced in the way it current is.

You account is from 2011, so I'm obliged to ask if you are legally retarded before asking anything else.

890 #10 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48761 battles
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR

View Postkejmo, on 14 June 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

I surely believe Yuriy, Igor and Anton will come with even more magnificent ideas, like sloped wheels for clowncars or railgun upgrade for soviet tanks. Furthermore, they think spg carcinomes are not balanced enough so they will probably give them +1 equipment slot for adding flame shell upgrade, which would set tanks on fire 100% of the time. And of course, increase the number to max 5 per match, cause 3 are not enough and the game is imbalanced in the way it current is.

You played 5k games with arties...

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I don't know or care tbh. I'm certainly not following how it's going or wasting my time on sand box nor have I ever bothered my arse with that.

For me it's really simple. These things new things ideas either make it or get scraped so generally I don't concern myself with it until something actually gets added to the game. Then when that day comes, I will play it for a fair sample size to adjust and understand what the changes are and mean. If it's something I like or feel indifferent about I just play away and if it's something I don't like I play less or quit playing. 

Simple as that really. Same as crew changes, or WV, or SPG changes, reward vehicles, game economics, MM, no FF, FL, Ranked Battles, Steel Hunter, HD changes, map balances etc etc. So far, I have found the changes since I have started playing this game somewhat tolerable overall and they have not yet annoyed me enough to stop playing. Some changes I think were good, some I think were bad but lets see how it goes. It may or may not make it.

Generally I have found WG to be a really stubborn and head strong bunch that will conceive an idea, not really think hard enough about the ramifications and side effects of that idea, work hard and invest a lot of time and money into developing it, ignore all feedback from testing and just mash it into the game with a "We will fix it over time, will be fine, da da" sort of attitude so we can definitely expect a lot of these equipment and crew change proposals to actually make it into the game, no doubt about it. 

kejmo #12 Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38877 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS

View Post890, on 14 June 2020 - 10:20 PM, said:

You played 5k games with arties...

And i will probably play more. When i compare your arties played, i see that you have the british line open. And i don't. All my arties are opened long ago without premium account. When you actually needed to play billion games to progress. I play it extremely rarely (exception yday, for missions). So i do not see the point of your answer, except that you totally didn't understand the sarcastically written post i've made. 

And off i go, playing arty for missions again. Please do check my account every, let's say, week, so you can inform me how much battles with arty did i play. 

Homer_J #13 Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:47 AM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 14 June 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

or they will be tying to work out how to monetise the options to the max, which seems to be the general conclusion from the streamers regarding the gold ammo changes, money grab that wont stop gold spam just make it more expensive

That will be the ammo changes which were scrapped?

Clearly WG had their entire future profits banked on those then. :rolleyes:

Streamers generally say what they think their audience wants to hear, greedy profiteering companies is always a popular narrative irrespective of the truth.

890 #14 Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48761 battles
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR

View Postkejmo, on 15 June 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

And i will probably play more. When i compare your arties played, i see that you have the british line open. And i don't. All my arties are opened long ago without premium account. When you actually needed to play billion games to progress. I play it extremely rarely (exception yday, for missions). So i do not see the point of your answer, except that you totally didn't understand the sarcastically written post i've made. 

And off i go, playing arty for missions again. Please do check my account every, let's say, week, so you can inform me how much battles with arty did i play. 

I didn't even say anything bad about arty. Played just under 10 percent party with her. By the way, you played over 13 percent of your games with arty and now probably because it is popular to spit on artillery, you write that arty destroys the game. If the post is sarcastic, writing sarcastic posts is not the best thing for you.

Inappropriate_noob #15 Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 18999 battles
  • [KV1] KV1
All this new fancy stuff confuses me, same with special equipment etc, you know the purple coloured stuff, how much does it all cost is that only question i have. I think WG need to lower the price consumable for credits.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #16 Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

Lets be honest, in the state it was presented I think you could get creative only with lights, TDs, arties. Heavies and meds would still get most by using Vstab, rammer, vents/optics. But I like the idea overall, is Vstab, rammer, vents/optics is set-up you use on most of the tanks. I also dont like (read HATE) their absolutely edit idea to give specific tanks specific bonus slots, like that Maus survivability 2x thing. Should they introduce this, it should get reworked quite a lot. 

1. Nobody will tell me which tank has a which role on the battlefield, even more WG, that is just clueless about X Y things in this game. Why should have Maus set up 2x survival bonuses? We should just get 100 % freedom to do what we want about these bonuses and slots. You want fortress Maus? You get fortress tanking Maus. You wanna mix of Tanking and DPS? Get it. You wanna base HP Maus with boosted firepower? K, go for it.

2. I am afraid of invisible EBR even more broken than they are now with some equip options. As I said, idea is good in general, but needs more testing (much more), and rework, I can tell you that now. Perhaps some limitations, you know, like that you could not equip only camo/view range things on your LTs to make them romulan stealth LTs, ....

kejmo #17 Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38877 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS

View PostPathethicc_Noob, on 15 June 2020 - 06:31 PM, said:

...As I said, idea is good in general, but needs more testing (much more), and rework...

We all know how competent WG is at testing things.

UserZer00 #18 Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles
My thoughts (that I'm pretty sure I added to a different post):

- Any major changes to equipment is just going to increase the already huge skill gap between players who min / max their tanks and the people who just log in to play "for fun"

- The effort that they are expending on equipment changes would be better spent working on balancing the tech trees and other current issues

- If introduced, I'll just wait a few week, hit up GOOGLE and find the recommended configurations for each tank type.  I'm far too lazy to actually customize it vs my strengths and weaknesses

Wintermute_1 #19 Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54687 battles
Once they've worked out how to effectively monetize it.

Kdingo #20 Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles
There should be a sandbox subforum for all of those actually care enough to discuss it.
Feels horribly misplaced in gameplay, as it has nothing to do with the actual game nor gameplay.

Also tagged with Equipment 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users