Premium ammunition destroys WoT as a healthy game

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

OlympusPk #1 Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 91950 battles
  • [HLSP] HLSP

The uncontrolled usage of premium ammunition is definitely one of the main factors that ruins the game. As many players reported in the past the use of premium ammo is leading unskilled players to shoot and cause damage without second thoughts or aiming at weak points. But this only one side of the coin. Premium ammo is also causing critical hits killing crew members or destroying internal modules like ammo rack. That leads to reduced capacity of the player being shoot and advantage to the player using premium ammo. For example I was playing with Pudel versus a Cromwell. The player in the Cromwell was a noob but he was using premium ammo in a close combat. Result: My ammo rack was twiced destroyed having me shooting 1 shot while he was shooting at me twice. This wouldn't happened if he was shooting normal AP rounds. He killed me and my team endangered a defeat.

Conclusion: Premium ammo ruins the game and this issue must be fixed ASAP. At least make premium ammo not to cause more critical hits than normal ammo.

Nitro_Tank #2 Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8849 battles
don't make overarmored tanks like the 430u, then i wont need it. otherwise let me keep my prem ammo to fight those utterly unbalanced tanks

Homer_J #3 Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

Field Marshal

• 33958 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Try changing the way you think about it.

There is no premium ammo.  There is expensive and cheap ammo.  Think of the expensive stuff as standard and the cheap stuff as a way of saving credits sometimes.

See how you get on then.

Galan7891 #4 Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View PostOlympusPk, on 14 June 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

The uncontrolled usage of premium ammunition is definitely one of the main factors that ruins the game. As many players reported in the past the use of premium ammo is leading unskilled players to shoot and cause damage without second thoughts or aiming at weak points. But this only one side of the coin. Premium ammo is also causing critical hits killing crew members or destroying internal modules like ammo rack. That leads to reduced capacity of the player being shoot and advantage to the player using premium ammo. For example I was playing with Pudel versus a Cromwell. The player in the Cromwell was a noob but he was using premium ammo in a close combat. Result: My ammo rack was twiced destroyed having me shooting 1 shot while he was shooting at me twice. This wouldn't happened if he was shooting normal AP rounds. He killed me and my team endangered a defeat.

Conclusion: Premium ammo ruins the game and this issue must be fixed ASAP. At least make premium ammo not to cause more critical hits than normal ammo.

No it doesnt.Its the only thing that keeps in check stupid tanks like 279.

Also module damage afaik is not tied to penetration but the damage of the shell/caliber?The result would have been the same if he was firing AP.

Kdingo #5 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostOlympusPk, on 14 June 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

At least make premium ammo not to cause more critical hits than normal ammo.

It doesn´t cause more crits, never did.

saxsan4 #6 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

all this is he felt of +2/-2 mm

make mm +1/-1 then people dont need as much special ammo

Tigerfish_Torpedo #7 Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38144 battles
  • [D1CE] D1CE

I would hazard a guess that you've never faced a Maus or Type 5 Heavy with a Paton KR before, OP.

The premium ammo is necessary in the current meta of the game. By removing it, you'd freely allow lesser skilled players to drive along in super-heavy tanks with near absolute impunity. 

chessstud #8 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20772 battles

View PostOlympusPk, on 14 June 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

Completely right OP. What the naive people in this thread (don't pretend to take this as an insult Homer_J and flex your powers to ban me -  it is not intended as an insult) forget when they say "b-b-b-ut you use credits for it" is that how do people grind credits? They do it through premium tanks, exchanging gold for credits, and premium time to earn more credits. It is therefore an indirect form of premium ammunition. 

Galan7891 #9 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 14 June 2020 - 03:53 PM, said:

all this is he felt of +2/-2 mm

make mm +1/-1 then people dont need as much special ammo

Not really ,a T20 will not reliably pen a VK100 for example even with gold.Its not the matchmaking its the tanks that have too much armor that are the issue!

Tigerfish_Torpedo #10 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38144 battles
  • [D1CE] D1CE

View Postchessstud, on 14 June 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

They do it through premium tanks, exchanging gold for credits, and premium time to earn more credits. It is therefore an indirect form of premium ammunition. 

Utter rubbish. You can grind credits from regular tanks just as easily. 

UserZer00 #11 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 14 June 2020 - 03:53 PM, said:

I would hazard a guess that you've never faced a Maus or Type 5 Heavy with a Paton KR before, OP.

The premium ammo is necessary in the current meta of the game. By removing it, you'd freely allow lesser skilled players to drive along in super-heavy tanks with near absolute impunity

Maybe skilled players, but lesser skilled players (such as myself) would still get torn apart by skilled players aiming at my side or flanking me.

You can give me the most over armored foolproof tank in the game and my stats in it will pretty much prove that it's not foolproof.

That's not to say that I don't agree with your basic point though.  Removing premium ammo, without also providing some other sort of balance for OPd tanks would just mean that OPd tanks would become REALLY OPd and a lot of existing tanks would suddenly be OPd.

This being said by someone that still lights a candle every day since the decision of WG to sell "gold" ammo for credits and who stubbornly refuses to shoot it under most situations (keep in mind though, I hardly ever play tier XI and X tanks so this isn't as drastic as it sounds).

(and no, I don't really light a candle every day)

chessstud #12 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20772 battles

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 14 June 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

Utter rubbish. You can grind credits from regular tanks just as easily. 

Here are some of your most played tanks:

1. Tier 3 cruiser mk III (1800)

2. Tier 5 T67 (1200)

4. Tier 2 M2 light (800)

6. Tier 3 FCM Pak (780)

Let's ignore the fact that you're a seal clubber who ruins the games for new players and a stat padder who attemtps to hide your 3-digit wn8 at tier 10 and stay on the topic. Not everyone has the same patience and dedication to play thousands of games at tier 2 to grind credits. When you check the stats of the typical super conquerer who gold spammed you the entire game, they generally don't have thousands of games at tier 2 like you. This leads to the question where the credits from gold come from? For this, refer to my previous posts of premium tanks, premium time and converting gold to credits. Again, indirect pay to win.

In b4 b-b-but you played 1600 in mt25. This was when it was a t-50-2 facing tier 10.

Edited by chessstud, 14 June 2020 - 04:30 PM.

Galan7891 #13 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View Postchessstud, on 14 June 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

Here are some of your most played tanks:

1. Tier 3 cruiser mk III (1800)

2. Tier 5 T67 (1200)

4. Tier 2 M2 light (800)

6. Tier 3 FCM Pak (780)

Let's ignore the fact that you're a seal clubber who ruins the games for new players and a stat padder who attemtps to hide your 3-digit wn8 at tier 10 and stay on the topic. Not everyone has the same patience and dedication to play thousands of games at tier 2 to grind credits. When you check the stats of the typical super conquerer who gold spammed you the entire game, they generally don't have thousands of games at tier 2 like you. This leads to the question where the credits from gold come from? For this, refer to my previous posts of premium tanks, premium time and converting gold to credits. Again, indirect pay to win.

From my understanding at least credits come from farming premium tier 8s with premium account and extra credits reserves.Buying gold to turn into credits seems like a waste to me...then again im a scrub!

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View PostOlympusPk, on 14 June 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

Conclusion: OlympusPk despite having 91k battles and an account created in 2014 does not know the mechanics of the game that he has played so much. Premium ammunition and standard ammunition have the same chance to kill crew members and damage internal modules. Those percentages are based on gun calibre.

OlympusPk talks about being in his Pudel and complaining because a Cromwell used premium ammunition. Front on and angled the Pudel 80mm of armour will be effective 151-161 mm to penetrate. The Cromwell has standard penetration of 140mm. What OlympusPk is asking for is that he can drive his tank and angle it, so that the enemy tank (Cromwell) has no chance to penetrate him.

There are three choices of ammunition in each tank.

A good player will know when to press 1,2, or 3 depending on the engagement and what he is facing.

Robbie_T #15 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22773 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Premium ammo is no problem its a must.

What a tier 8 gonna do against a tier 10 atleast he got a 50% chance to pen.

And i personally bounce enough in my heavys to get a lot of steel walls.

What i do do is give my heavy driver ground resistance skill so i can turn faster (will help when a med wanna drive around you and want your side or back.)

Killed a lot of meds that thaught let me do the drive around on that heavy tank and i am turning just as fast he can drive around me and he got to pen my front and i am getting nice side shots.

Edited by Robbie_T, 14 June 2020 - 04:45 PM.

hellhound6 #16 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11420 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostNitro_Tank, on 14 June 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

don't make overarmored tanks like the 430u, then i wont need it. otherwise let me keep my prem ammo to fight those utterly unbalanced tanks

Everyone is shooting gold without reason

What 430

3 premium tanks were shooting me gold at the same tier

This is crap if wg wont fix this soon I am gonna leave

Its more crap then wheeled cars in tanks game

Gwynbleidd11 #17 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19004 battles
Absolutely, thats why I only use regular ammo

Gwynbleidd11 #18 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19004 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 14 June 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

Premium ammo is no problem its a must.

What a tier 8 gonna do against a tier 10 atleast he got a 50% chance to pen.

And i personally bounce enough in my heavys to get a lot of steel walls.

What i do do is give my heavy driver ground resistance skill so i can turn faster (will help when a med wanna drive around you and want your side or back.)

Killed a lot of meds that thaught let me do the drive around on that heavy tank and i am turning just as fast he can drive around me and he got to pen my front and i am getting nice side shots.

You have HE ammo for such cases you noob

WindSplitter1 #19 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21765 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View Postchessstud, on 14 June 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

Completely right OP. What the naive people in this thread (don't pretend to take this as an insult Homer_J and flex your powers to ban me -  it is not intended as an insult) forget when they say "b-b-b-ut you use credits for it" is that how do people grind credits? They do it through premium tanks, exchanging gold for credits, and premium time to earn more credits. It is therefore an indirect form of premium ammunition. 

As stated:

Don't make blatantly overarmoured vehicles with unviable weak points and corridor maps so I'm always in front of them and I won't use gold ammo.

Gold ammo doesn't destroy the game. People sling them every match for every and no reason and the abundance of silver accrued even on a loss allows everyone to continue to do so. It will stop when there is no longer a need to it: when weakpoints are reintroduced and corridor maps are done without.

saxsan4 #20 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostGalan7891, on 14 June 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Not really ,a T20 will not reliably pen a VK100 for example even with gold.Its not the matchmaking its the tanks that have too much armor that are the issue!

yes, the rear and sides are very weak

Edited by saxsan4, 14 June 2020 - 04:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users