• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

GoldMagnet #1 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11399 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP
Suggestion: Remove the stun from artillery

I quit this game a little over a year ago due to this "stun" mechanic being introduced, I only returned recently because I missed the game. However, I had forgotten how bad stun mechanics are for this game. I really do love this game and have been playing since 2014, During this time, I have spent a lot of money on the game, played 11,000 battles and met many friends from clans and such. however, I cannot continue playing while these mechanics are still here. They make the game unplayable for me and they do hurt the game play. These mechanics promote camping more than artillery ever did before these were introduced. When you are pushing a flank and in a close fight with another tank, then boom, hit and stunned by artillery, suddenly, they have a MASSIVE advantage over you. This only promotes camping as people don't want to advance because they know they are about to be smacked with an arty shell which will put them out the battle.

I rarely had an issue with artillery before the stun mechanic was introduced. In fact, I would prefer to be shot with one high damage hit a minute from artillery, than having a constant barrage, which not only shaves off a fair few of your hit-points, but also makes you useless in a fight.

I understand that this probably sounds like the mad ranting of an artillery hater, but like I said, I did not have an issue with them before this mechanic. I also understand that me writing this was probably all in vain, but I feel like it should be said. I will only play now to help my clan with strongholds and such. I will not touch any random battles until this disaster of a mechanic is finally gone. Thanks to anyone crazy enough to still be reading.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46640 battles

:D

Seriously, use the pinned thread :facepalm:

chessstud #3 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20608 battles
Rather than merely remove the stun, just remove artillery.

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21755 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View Postchessstud, on 14 June 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

Or just remove TDs.

GoldMagnet #5 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11399 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP

View Postchessstud, on 14 June 2020 - 04:24 PM, said:

I would also like this to happen, however it isn't going to. Removing stuns is a more reasonable solution.

Galan7891 #6 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 14 June 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

Or just remove TDs.

Remove all red line campers!

View PostGoldMagnet, on 14 June 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

Suggestion: Remove the stun from artillery

I quit this game a little over a year ago due to this "stun" mechanic being introduced, I only returned recently because I missed the game. However, I had forgotten how bad stun mechanics are for this game. I really do love this game and have been playing since 2014, During this time, I have spent a lot of money on the game, played 11,000 battles and met many friends from clans and such. however, I cannot continue playing while these mechanics are still here. They make the game unplayable for me and they do hurt the game play. These mechanics promote camping more than artillery ever did before these were introduced. When you are pushing a flank and in a close fight with another tank, then boom, hit and stunned by artillery, suddenly, they have a MASSIVE advantage over you. This only promotes camping as people don't want to advance because they know they are about to be smacked with an arty shell which will put them out the battle.

I rarely had an issue with artillery before the stun mechanic was introduced. In fact, I would prefer to be shot with one high damage hit a minute from artillery, than having a constant barrage, which not only shaves off a fair few of your hit-points, but also makes you useless in a fight.

I understand that this probably sounds like the mad ranting of an artillery hater, but like I said, I did not have an issue with them before this mechanic. I also understand that me writing this was probably all in vain, but I feel like it should be said. I will only play now to help my clan with strongholds and such. I will not touch any random battles until this disaster of a mechanic is finally gone. Thanks to anyone crazy enough to still be reading.

I disagree ,i would rather have the stun and a medkit to remove it than being removed from the game alltogether!

Balc0ra #7 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGoldMagnet, on 14 June 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

Losing 100% of your HP to one arty shot also makes you useless in a fight. And considering that is not something that happens often anymore. I'll take the stun personally.

Only thing I hate is friendly stun.

Homer_J #8 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

Field Marshal

• 33939 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The management would appreciate players using the pinned thread for discussion of artillery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users