• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1519 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Greetings fellow tankers,

The Supertest claims new testees, and this time they are two vehicles of the newly introduced branch of Polish medium tanks.  

CS-53

CS53.jpg

Let’s start with the Tier VIII medium CS-53. In the top-end configuration, this Pole is armed with a 100mm gun dealing the alpha damage of 300 points. Reloading in 8.6 s, it takes 212 mm off of the enemy armor with a standard AP round, while a special HEAT round goes deeper up to 290 mm. Turning to other characteristics, the dispersion is 0.38 at 100 m, the aiming time is 2.5 s, and the view range is 380 m. 

So, the Pole can deliver damage. What about enduring damage? With 1300 hit points, its turret has 190 mm of armor in its front area and the upper glacis plate is 90mm thick. With the thrust-weight ratio of 17.8 hp/t., the medium develops the top speed of 50 km/h.

All in all, the CS-53 is akin to the previously announced CS-52, being a classic medium jack of all trades. Its dynamics and firepower enable it to tackle diverse tasks from flank maneuvering as part of the flock of mediums to support of heavies in defense.

Spoiler

CS-59

CS 59.jpg

The second Pole to be put to the Supertest is the Tier IX medium CS-59. Not unlike other Polish vehicles, its largely a universal type having no pronounced downsides. Everything about it is medium, including its view range of 390 m and 105mm gun. The latter deals the alpha damage of 390 points. It pierces the enemy armor 252 mm deep with a standard AP, then reloads in 8.8 s, and takes 293 mm with a special APCR round.  

With 1800 hit points, its survivability is medium, too. As is its armor which values are typical of medium tanks: The turret has 130 mm in its front area while the hull frontal armor is 110 mm thick. With the thrust-weight ratio of 18 hp/t, the vehicle accelerates to 50 km/h.

Wrapping up, the CS-59 is a regular offspring of the Polish branch. Its characteristics are balanced between firepower and mobility. And when in artful hands, the vehicle reveals its multi functionality to the utmost. 

Spoiler

Roll out!

leggasiini #2 Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18640 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Still think it's a really weird design choice not to give the speed mode mechanic for these two as well as the tier 8 premium. Tier 10 has well rounded, average stats and it doesn't stand out at all because of that, but the speed mechanic at least makes it somewhat unique. The tier 9 in especial is just...extremely average and in my eyes, uninteresting vehicle. Its just a worse M46 with more pen in my eyes. It doesn't stand out at all.

The tier 8 is a little bit more unique, but still fairly generic all things considered.

I really think that you should consider giving both the tier 8s and tier 9 the speed mode mechanic. Its just so bizarre to me for them not to have it, especially since its almost always been the tier 8-10 of the line that gets the unique mechanics (Italian reloaders, double barrels, etc etc) instead of just...tier 10. 

Personally I'm pretty disappointed with the line so far. I wish the line was more like medium tank versions of the Polish heavies, so something with moderately good turret armor, gun depression and great alpha damage. A tier 10 MT with +490 alpha, -8 gun dep and some turret armor would've been unique enough, and it wouldn't even require new gimmicks or anything. 

ExistanceUK #3 Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22966 battles
  • [NAMES] NAMES

View Postleggasiini, on 16 June 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Still think it's a really weird design choice not to give the speed mode mechanic for these two as well as the tier 8 premium. 

I suspect this is deliberate from WG's point of view as the tier 10 is only one being introduced with a gas turbine engine and therefore the only one to get the sprint mode reflecting the mechanic they want in game for this type of engine. 

I otherwise agree to your points but perhaps would suggest a different direction for them to go. 

Dwigt #4 Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1519 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postleggasiini, on 16 June 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

Still think it's a really weird design choice not to give the speed mode mechanic for these two as well as the tier 8 premium. Tier 10 has well rounded, average stats and it doesn't stand out at all because of that, but the speed mechanic at least makes it somewhat unique. The tier 9 in especial is just...extremely average and in my eyes, uninteresting vehicle. Its just a worse M46 with more pen in my eyes. It doesn't stand out at all.

The tier 8 is a little bit more unique, but still fairly generic all things considered.

I really think that you should consider giving both the tier 8s and tier 9 the speed mode mechanic. Its just so bizarre to me for them not to have it, especially since its almost always been the tier 8-10 of the line that gets the unique mechanics (Italian reloaders, double barrels, etc etc) instead of just...tier 10. 

Personally I'm pretty disappointed with the line so far. I wish the line was more like medium tank versions of the Polish heavies, so something with moderately good turret armor, gun depression and great alpha damage. A tier 10 MT with +490 alpha, -8 gun dep and some turret armor would've been unique enough, and it wouldn't even require new gimmicks or anything. 

As far as I know the Gas Turbine mechanic that will boost your speed will only be available on the Tier X Polish Medium.

What do you think should be done to make them a bit more special or different from the Polish heavies like you're saying?

Jin91 #5 Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3171 battles
Pretty boring tanks. Again hull down to already a big pile of them 

baratoz1701 #6 Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27951 battles
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ

View PostJin91, on 16 June 2020 - 04:37 PM, said:

Pretty boring tanks. Again hull down to already a big pile of them 

130mm turret on a tier 9 med does not scream hull down monster to me

feies_vlad #7 Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14596 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
So the tier 8 will have 190~mm turret armor but tier 9 130~mm turret armor, hmm...ok.

Lethul #8 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18042 battles

STB-1 says hi!

saxsan4 #9 Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25725 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostDwigt, on 16 June 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

As far as I know the Gas Turbine mechanic that will boost your speed will only be available on the Tier X Polish Medium.

What do you think should be done to make them a bit more special or different from the Polish heavies like you're saying?

I dont think you should have the speed mode for tier 8 and 9, There is already precedent set that tier 10s get a special feature, for example the Japan meds with only stb1 getting the hydraulic suspension. 

I think these looks balanced actually and looking forward to seeing them on the battlefield 

Gkirmathal #10 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8692 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

Still think it's a really weird design choice not to give the speed mode mechanic for these two as well as the tier 8 premium.

IMO the whole speed mode thing should not exist at all...the game play has been sped up enough over the past 3 years because of design decisions they made (more higher alpha content combined with more mobility and armor in certain classes).

This whole speed mode will skew things up even more at a tier that is already questionable on the balance scales.

Also tagged with Polish, Medium, Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users