Is this game real or not?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

cipicip0101 #1 Posted 15 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38161 battles

Hi, 

I really wonder if this game is real or not, i mean do i really play with other persons or just with bots. I say this because soo many times if not always a team loses with 15-4 or 15-7. Are these wot magic numbers? And yeah it’s rng too but that is for another topic. Hope it’s just my imagination.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 15 June 2020 - 03:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well, for starters you should know that not everyone is as good as you at this game. Or knows as much as you. And when you get someone like that, they might seem.... less lifelike. You get a few like that, it causes a different effect.

And if you get just people that are as good as you. RNG might troll you on a loss, sure. But even if they made it zero % RNG as such, or only set you up with good players. I suspect 15-4 won't go away. Nor will your frustration go down. As tbh, then it's more down to everyone not doing what you want to do. Better player or not.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 June 2020 - 03:54 PM.

UserZer00 #3 Posted 15 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

The last time I was captured by aliens (over the weekend) I briefly awoke from their stun beam and overheard them discussing WOT gameplay results.

Before they realized their error, and reapplied the beam, I clearly heard one of them say that the win / loss pattern of the WOT was being used to send coded messages to their mothership in order to try to determine the best time for their invasion.

I'm not sure, but just before being overcome by the beam a 2nd time I think I heard one of them say that the attack would come after July, once Godzilla has laid waste to the industrial capabilities of Japan and China.

You can read my blog for the full details at www.aretinfoilhatstoxic.com.

mateyflip #4 Posted 15 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41723 battles

I love it when I see 'bot' comments in in game chat. My reply is always 'I AM A BOT! BEEEEEEEEEP!'

Childish i know, but it makes me smile.

BEEP! BEEP!

Slyspy #5 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcipicip0101, on 15 June 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hi, 

I really wonder if this game is real or not, i mean do i really play with other persons or just with bots. I say this because soo many times if not always a team loses with 15-4 or 15-7. Are these wot magic numbers? And yeah it’s rng too but that is for another topic. Hope it’s just my imagination.

You know those matches in which you do something stupid and do nothing else of note? Other people have those games too. Some people have them more often than you do. When a number of your team have that sort of game then you are more likely to lose that game. Cut people some slack (although I admit that can be difficult, apologies to all my recent teams who have had to drag me along).

unhappy__bunny #6 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

Brigadier

• 21460 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Are any of us real?

Are the people we see real?

Do we all live in an isolated universe of our own, and all the people we meet just figments of our imaginations? 

And that person, to whom you ask the question, "Did we really meet at XYZ?", and who responds with "Yes, of course we did. What a great time we had", is he/she just a creation of your mind, along with that conversation? 

So, OP, if you are reading this, know that you have a very advanced imagination. 

Nebuched #7 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

View Postcipicip0101, on 15 June 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

if not always a team loses with 

Your memory is very selective and biased, get it fixed at a local neuromancer.

Edited by Nebuched, 15 June 2020 - 04:15 PM.

malachi6 #8 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

Here is a thought experiment for you.  Imagine you are not you and that you see yourself playing when you have a bad game and make a mistake, or just get caught out by circumstances.  To you, would you draw the conclusion that you are a bot?  If yes, then clearly your logic is flawed and the thought experiment is over.  If no, you have just learned some empathy and put yourself on the other side of the veil of ignorance.

Good luck with this.

Edited by malachi6, 15 June 2020 - 05:31 PM.

TheJ4ckal #9 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5560 battles

I'm sick of these elitist idiot players who only think the game should be open to a few thousand unicums.

If you had your way the game would die.

You need the crap players to fund your game.

You know where you can go if you dont like it........

Spurtung #10 Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 82405 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

Man...what is even, like, "real"?

juonimies #11 Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48778 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

This is not a game. A game has rules which affect to all participants, and all participants are aware of the rules. 

In this computer program neither is correct. 

Which however is real, is the money-robbing purpose of this program.   

UserZer00 #12 Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

View Postjuonimies, on 15 June 2020 - 05:50 PM, said:

This is not a game. A game has rules which affect to all participants, and all participants are aware of the rules. 

In this computer program neither is correct. 

Which however is real, is the money-robbing purpose of this program.   

It's a computer program, pretending to be a game, pretending to be a computer program....

It's a game, pretending to be a computer program, pretending to be a game.....

It's a thought experiment, pretending to be a game, designed to melt your brain....

It's a slot machine, pretending to be a game, happy to take your money....

It's a dream, pretending to be reality, but not making any sense....

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!

lbot #13 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21837 battles

Sometimes when 24 out of 30 players simultaneously from start go to the same point, ignoring respective opposite flanks, I somewhere deep in my soul even hope they are bots. But, paraphrasing the meme, you should never underestimate the predictability of masses.

UserZer00 #14 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

View Postlbot, on 15 June 2020 - 06:10 PM, said:

Sometimes when 24 out of 30 players simultaneously from start go to the same point, ignoring respective opposite flanks, I somewhere deep in my soul even hope they are bots. But, paraphrasing the meme, you should never underestimate the predictability of masses.

Tell the truth, did you feel you had to reply to this thread because of the content and your name?

Not to say that I don't totally agree with you.....:)

Edited by UserZer00, 15 June 2020 - 06:13 PM.

lbot #15 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21837 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 15 June 2020 - 06:13 PM, said:

Tell the truth

The truth is I regret shortening the intended "lame bot" (like, beware, I'm a noob here) to "lbot" and using any "bots" at all. At that time I was not much of an MMO player and bots were some virtual abstractions to me. But, as it appears to be, the worst ones are human bots (including me sometimes, alas).

jabster #16 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 15 June 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

Are any of us real?

Are the people we see real?

Do we all live in an isolated universe of our own, and all the people we meet just figments of our imaginations? 

And that person, to whom you ask the question, "Did we really meet at XYZ?", and who responds with "Yes, of course we did. What a great time we had", is he/she just a creation of your mind, along with that conversation? 

So, OP, if you are reading this, know that you have a very advanced imagination. 

Well yes, the problem of hard solipsism has yet to be solved but if we are a brain in a vat then the presentation of that is our reality.

PowJay #17 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43228 battles

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 15 June 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm sick of these elitist idiot players who only think the game should be open to a few thousand unicums.

If you had your way the game would die.

You need the crap players to fund your game.

You know where you can go if you dont like it........

Well said.

The only thing I can say in reply - which is NOT aimed at you- is....

I would not comment negatively against crap players if crap players would stop blaming everything else for their crap playing. 

Alcoholic_Hellhound #18 Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39842 battles

Google what Random means, and what is random number generator. That said, I play drunk sometimes, then I dont care about anything - even carried a bots team every once in a while in my drunken state. Maybe its all matrix IDK.  I am just drank a "bit" of jagermeister and two beers so I am getting slowly there, but then I see some offtopic maybe about game being opened only to elitist or something? what?

Some tomato sauce bots just play to have fun, many people have families and dont care about stats or something, dads playing after work, ... but there only one thing that bothers me here: I got a feeling that WoT attracts more people with low IQ or how to say it to not to be rude, IDK, speshul people. Sometimes I think people should do mensa IQ test or game knowledge test or something, before being allowed to play tier IX, X. And I aint talking about bad player who play their game, I am talking about bots who dont know their place and have a play smart against players who actually know something about this game. Ur bot 48 % playing tier X? Ok I dont care, I dont care anymore, just play, we will loose the game but whatever. Ur bot 48 % who doesnt know anything about the game but you wanna play big daddy unicornslayer, .... something something, .... Ok your call, I will be honest to you and also in PM after battle. 

Inappropriate_noob #19 Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19011 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View PostUserZer00, on 15 June 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

The last time I was captured by aliens (over the weekend) I briefly awoke from their stun beam and overheard them discussing WOT gameplay results.

Before they realized their error, and reapplied the beam, I clearly heard one of them say that the win / loss pattern of the WOT was being used to send coded messages to their mothership in order to try to determine the best time for their invasion.

I'm not sure, but just before being overcome by the beam a 2nd time I think I heard one of them say that the attack would come after July, once Godzilla has laid waste to the industrial capabilities of Japan and China.

Without a shadow of a doubt, hands down the best reply yet, +1 to you sir:D

Kdingo #20 Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 15 June 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

Oh i know those fellas, captured a friend of mine last year, shoved an umbrella up his bum, opened it to make him look like a frilled lizard. He still has a soar throat to this day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users