explain me this critical hit, lol

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

no_skill_bob #1 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

So just now i didnt get the top gun with obj 703v2, just because rng said no, how is this even possible?? i guess i should of loaded HEAT for e-25. now thats what i call an rng. this is something beyond rng, how in the hell this is a critical hit, against 40mm of effecctive armor lol. i cant roll that low on penetration :D p.s. it was a nice and easy 4k dmg farm, cant get better mm than this lol 3-5--7, top tier with no arta.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by no_skill_bob, 15 June 2020 - 06:26 PM.

tajj7 #2 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

You didn't hit there on the server.

The mod shows only the client view, but if you were lagging you could have hit behind the E25 into the tracks. 

no_skill_bob #3 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View Posttajj7, on 15 June 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

You didn't hit there on the server.

The mod shows only the client view, but if you were lagging you could have hit behind the E25 into the tracks. 

i guess so, but its funny, that at least client side it hit dead, he wasnt movving as the shell hit as welll, so yeah, best luck ever :D

p.s. if you wonder why i shot HEAT at chi-ri? that was right after i killed chrysler GF, just didnt bother to break the reload :D

Edited by no_skill_bob, 15 June 2020 - 06:57 PM.

OreH75 #4 Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56264 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View Postno_skill_bob, on 15 June 2020 - 06:56 PM, said:

i guess so, but its funny, that at least client side it hit dead, he wasnt movving as the shell hit as welll, so yeah, best luck ever :D

p.s. if you wonder why i shot HEAT at chi-ri? that was right after i killed chrysler GF, just didnt bother to break the reload :D

Because server reticle is always a bit off from client reticle and from your battle log picture (bad angle) it looks like you are aiming down on the E25 so the shell has prob hit the tracks like said before.

And I dont care how you waste you credits, shoot whatever you want.

no_skill_bob #5 Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostOreH75, on 15 June 2020 - 08:47 PM, said:

Because server reticle is always a bit off from client reticle and from your battle log picture (bad angle) it looks like you are aiming down on the E25 so the shell has prob hit the tracks like said before.

thats is one thing i dont like much in wot, that client side and server side can be very different, another element of rng :) 

I just thought it was a bit funny to bounce on a side of an e25 :D To be honest yesterday was a little laggy for me, so there is that ;)

Spurtung #6 Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:09 AM

General

• Player
  • 82263 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View Postno_skill_bob, on 16 June 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

I just thought it was a bit funny to bounce on a side of an e25

I've had an E100's HEAT ricochet on the side of my FV 4005's turret.

No normalization is an unforgiving mistress.

Homer_J #7 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:00 AM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postno_skill_bob, on 16 June 2020 - 02:21 AM, said:

thats is one thing i dont like much in wot, that client side and server side can be very different,

It's the same with every singe online game since the days of Quake II.

You have 30 players telling the server what they are doing, with various delays due to the internet, the server then builds a view of what is happening and tells all the clients, with more delays.

There are ways to "unlag" the netcode but those only really work with hitscan weapons (they hit at the moment they fire, there is no bullet).  All guns in WoT are projectile, and projectiles have a travel time, things happen during that time which are very difficult to wind back and replay from every players point of view.

jabster #8 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 16 June 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

You have 30 players telling the server what they are doing, with various delays due to the internet, the server then builds a view of what is happening and tells all the clients, with more delays.

There are ways to "unlag" the netcode but those only really work with hitscan weapons (they hit at the moment they fire, there is no bullet).  All guns in WoT are projectile, and projectiles have a travel time, things happen during that time which are very difficult to wind back and replay from every players point of view.

Maybe the OP things quantum entanglement would solve their issues, well one of them.

no_skill_bob #9 Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostHomer_J, on 16 June 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

if cs go had so big difference between game client and server side as wot, it would be impossible to hit anything. I dont have such issues with other online shooters, if i bother to play any sometimes, seems like routing to wg eu servers are just bad for me :(

Slyspy #10 Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postno_skill_bob, on 16 June 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

if cs go had so big difference between game client and server side as wot, it would be impossible to hit anything. I dont have such issues with other online shooters, if i bother to play any sometimes, seems like routing to wg eu servers are just bad for me :(

A quick google suggests that CSGO does indeed have similar issues.

Edit: Although they manifest in different ways, partly because as I understand it the weapons are hitscan not projectile.

Edited by Slyspy, 16 June 2020 - 04:32 PM.

Homer_J #11 Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:26 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hitscan weapons, fast paced game and players who don't nitpick every shot.

Also maybe it uses some unlagged code like RtCW did, but that introduces it's own problems such as getting hit behind obstacles because the server decided you got shot a second earlier.

21:31 Added after 5 minute

like routing to wg eu servers are just bad for me :(

Download pingplotter

if you use EU1 point it at login.p1.worldoftanks.eu

if you use EU2 point it at login.p2.worldoftanks.eu

Let it run while you play a few battles.

Save the trace as an image and post it up here.

no_skill_bob #12 Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostHomer_J, on 16 June 2020 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hitscan weapons, fast paced game and players who don't nitpick every shot.

Also maybe it uses some unlagged code like RtCW did, but that introduces it's own problems such as getting hit behind obstacles because the server decided you got shot a second earlier.

21:31 Added after 5 minute

Download pingplotter

if you use EU1 point it at login.p1.worldoftanks.eu

if you use EU2 point it at login.p2.worldoftanks.eu

Let it run while you play a few battles.

Save the trace as an image and post it up here.

will do it some day ;) eu2 is unplayable for me, although it used to be the other way around about 4 months ago :D 

Homer_J #13 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:21 PM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postno_skill_bob, on 16 June 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

will do it some day ;) eu2 is unplayable for me, although it used to be the other way around about 4 months ago :D 

They moved the servers a while back.  Or they moved one of them anyway.

Pingplotter should tell where the problem is.  Might not be able to fix it but it's a start.

Kartoshkaya #14 Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30026 battles
  • [S4BRE] S4BRE

View PostOreH75, on 15 June 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

The issue is not about the server reticle here. The tracers and where the shell goes and hit are drawn client sided, the mod you use shows you those client informations. That means having 1 ping wouldn't solve anything, you just cannot know EXACTLY where your shell went.

The only way you could have a precise tool would be possible only if WG send back those server informations after the battle.

I have a decent ping and sometimes I get penned in the canon with that mod, you guys just have to understand it's not 100% accurate, and it's not only the mod, the tracers/bounce/pen marks on your tank are dealt exactly the same way and server reticle is totaly unrelated here. You could get full align on the server, you'll still get an approximative tracer/hit mark client side.

Edit : And yes, this is the reason "ghost shells" are a thing.

Edited by Kartoshkaya, 17 June 2020 - 05:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users