Bad luck, I'm out of luck or I'm just bad?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

saurilian #1 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21189 battles

Recently I'm more and more frustrated with this game, I just can't stand how I am so trash. I make all the possible wrong assumptions, all my positions that always work doesn't work now, anytime I dare to show my tank suddenly enemies shot exactly me, suddenly all the enemies make the perfect counter plays and absolutely destroy my opening plays, suddenly anytime I pick a flank that I think needs defending the enemies crashes the other flank, suddenly enemies can't stand not killing me and are willing to trade their whole [edited]tank just to put two extra shots and kill me, suddenly no matter how hard I try to squeeze a shot it's just not possible because there is a enemy ready and waiting.

Do I expect too much of myself?

How do you distinguish these things and how do you actually find out what's going on?

How do you know if you have bad luck, if you just were lucky and now you're "paying" for that or you're just bad? 

My statistics say I perform average but I feel like I play like a utter tomato garbage and I'm frustrated all the [edited] time

Edited by Homer_J, 16 June 2020 - 10:43 PM.
Swearing

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #2 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
:confused:

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46640 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 16 June 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

Recently I'm more and more frustrated with this game, I just can't stand how I am so trash. I make all the possible wrong assumptions, all my positions that always work doesn't work now, anytime I dare to show my tank suddenly enemies shot exactly me, suddenly all the enemies make the perfect counter plays and absolutely destroy my opening plays, suddenly anytime I pick a flank that I think needs defending the enemies crashes the other flank, suddenly enemies can't stand not killing me and are willing to trade their whole [edited]tank just to put two extra shots and kill me, suddenly no matter how hard I try to squeeze a shot it's just not possible because there is a enemy ready and waiting.

How do you distinguish these things and how do you actually find out what's going on?

How do you know if you have bad luck, if you just were lucky and now you're "paying" for that or you're just bad? 

Posted Image

My statistics say I perform average but I feel like I play like a utter tomato garbage and I'm frustrated all the  time

Step 1: Stop caring about numbers (unless the adulation of strangers matters to you).

Step 2: Uninstall XVM (if you have it).

Step 3: Start enjoying the game again.

You would be astonished how much more fun this game becomes when you stop caring about numbers.

:)

wsatnutter #4 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
it can be tedious at time hang in there its swings and roundabouts

Jin91 #5 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3173 battles
Blue is average? Yellow is average. You are on the good players

Slyspy #6 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsaurilian, on 16 June 2020 - 07:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

My statistics say I perform average but I feel like I play like a utter tomato garbage and I'm frustrated all the time

Is this some kind of convoluted humble-brag? I was going to say how I related to what you were saying because my own recents are far below my overall. But then your pic clearly shows the opposite is true with yourself. 

saurilian #7 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21189 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 June 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Step 1: Stop caring about numbers (unless the adulation of strangers matters to you).

Step 2: Uninstall XVM (if you have it).

Step 3: Start enjoying the game again.

You would be astonished how much more fun this game becomes when you stop caring about numbers.

:)

How about I turn off damage counter in battle? Have you ever tried that? 

I actually don't use XVM, I just look at my statistics to feel good about myself because I have no self worth

18:39 Added after 6 minute

View PostSlyspy, on 16 June 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

Is this some kind of convoluted humble-brag? I was going to say how I related to what you were saying because my own recents are far below my overall. But then your pic clearly shows the opposite is true with yourself. 

Can you [edited] read? The only reason I put my statistics here is to say that I feel frustrated playing this game but my statistics say I perform okay

18:41 Added after 8 minute

View PostJin91, on 16 June 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

Purple are good players. green/blue average, yellow is beginner, red and black is a team space filler.

Edited by Homer_J, 16 June 2020 - 10:37 PM.
Swearing

splash_time #8 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17044 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJin91, on 16 June 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

This, also:

If you hurry in making decisions, you'll lose either your tank, or either a lot of HPs.

For me, the thing that keeps rewarding me with your situation is my patience. :)

If i wait long enough and rush/attack in the right moment, i get my reward with a cherry on top. But if i hurry, i just regret it. 

Sometimes I don't know what should i do, i just fall back until i find out what's going on, or clear my mind and make good decision.

If that's what you are looking for, it'll come with experience and patience. :)

In my personal opinion? I'm not a "stats" player, but i have a good stats overall, all i do is. Trying to enjoy my session, and when a battle ends, I'm in top 3 because i waited long enough to get my reward.

Long story short: Never make a favor for your enemies by making the mistakes for them. Let them favor you. :)

Edited by splash_time, 16 June 2020 - 07:48 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46640 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 16 June 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

How about I turn off damage counter in battle? Have you ever tried that? 

I actually don't use XVM, I just look at my statistics to feel good about myself because I have no self worth

That's kinda sad man :(

Seriously though - some folk here would have you believe this game is all about numbers - but there is another way.

Kdingo #10 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 16 June 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

Yeah smells like fishing for validation to me.

Bad days come and go. 

saurilian #11 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21189 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 16 June 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

This, also:

If you hurry in making decisions, you'll lose either your tank, or either a lot of HPs.

For me, the thing that keeps rewarding me with your situation is my patience. :)

If i wait long enough and rush/attack in the right moment, i get my reward with a cherry on top. But if i hurry, i just regret it. 

Sometimes I don't know what should i do, i just fall back until i find out what's going on, or clear my mind and make good decision.

If that's what you are looking for, it'll come with experience and patience. :)

In my personal opinion? I'm not a "stats" player, but i have a good stats overall, all i do is. Trying to enjoy my session, and when a battle ends, I'm in top 3 because i waited long enough to get my reward.

Long story short: Never make a favor for your enemies by making the mistakes for them. Let them favor you. :)

This is actually some solid advice. Thank you. I'll remove the damage counter and try to just be a little bit more patient. Maybe I'm so frustrated because I'm hungry for damage and I'm inpatient because of that

Thank you for not psychologically analizing my post and actually giving me what I was looking for! <3 

Edited by saurilian, 16 June 2020 - 08:10 PM.

Bigtime_Alarm #12 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24728 battles
Pretty soon WOT will grind your soul to dust and extinguish all hope and joy in your life and then you will be fully equipped to spend the rest of your days with nothing better to do than lose over and over again.

Edited by Bigtime_Alarm, 16 June 2020 - 08:11 PM.

saurilian #13 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21189 battles

View PostKdingo, on 16 June 2020 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yeah smells like fishing for validation to me.

Bad days come and go. 

Alright! I deleted the statistics. Am I right now? 

Edited by saurilian, 16 June 2020 - 08:15 PM.

Private_Miros #14 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Stats follow performance and performance stems from correctly timed aggression with a lot of patience and good map reading.

Chase the latter not the former. And if things don't work out, take a short break, and accept that when you try something new and it fails, at least you learned something. Testing the limits always comes together with meeting those limits and crossing them.

UserZer00 #15 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

1) Come to the forums and vent / share your pain                                                                                          CHECK 

2) Take any advice given to you as an insult / totally garbage advice / something to ignore                          CHECK

3) Aggressively insult anyone that makes a counter-point or points out something that looks like a flaw      CHECK

Congratulations, you have successfully completed the three main steps required for a modern forum thread. 

What to do now?

1) You can expect it to stay on the front page as long as you continue to ignore, insult, offer counter opinions to anyone who enters an opinion into the thread or until a moderator decides that it has gone on long enough and locks it.

2) You can re-read some of the good advice given, take some deep breaths and either go on playing, with a bit calmer attitude or decide enough is enough for one day and log out of WOT.  There's always tomorrow.

Now, as already stated multiple times, your recent stats show that, despite your feelings of frustration, that you are performing acceptably at the game of WOT.  If you can't recognize this and manage to reduce your current level of frustration then:

1) Try some other game for a while

2) Go to your "have fun" tank and just go with the flow

3) Find a friend to platoon with and gripe about the game while destroying the enemies

If none of the above options seem acceptable to you then I don't know what else to say except that yoga can be good for such situations.

Good luck

View Postsaurilian, on 16 June 2020 - 08:09 PM, said:

This is actually some solid advice. Thank you. I'll remove the damage counter and try to just be a little bit more patient. Maybe I'm so frustrated because I'm hungry for damage and I'm inpatient because of that

Thank you for not psychologically analizing my post and actually giving me what I was looking for! <3 

This bit of positivity came along as I was positng:

Good work overcoming the frustration (or at least taking the 1st step)

Edited by UserZer00, 16 June 2020 - 08:15 PM.

Kdingo #16 Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postsaurilian, on 16 June 2020 - 08:11 PM, said:

Alright! I deleted the statistic. Am I right now? 

Who said you where wrong before? 

Anyways good days come and go, nothing to worry about. adapt to your team and make the most out of it.

labstermpa #17 Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6642 battles

View PostKdingo, on 16 June 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

Who said you where wrong before? 

Anyways good days come and go, nothing to worry about. adapt to your team and make the most out of it.

What do you do when you have 7 TD + 1 med + 1 Heavy on your team and they all camp in the same bush  and you and another heavy on the other side of the map ? Happens 1 in 3 games at the moment for me. 

Kdingo #18 Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postlabstermpa, on 16 June 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

What do you do when you have 7 TD + 1 med + 1 Heavy on your team and they all camp in the same bush  and you and another heavy on the other side of the map ? Happens 1 in 3 games at the moment for me. 

Don't isolate yourself, farm damage and hope for the enemy to be even useless.

Last td heavy game with lots of "snipers" i just found myself a cozy spot and farmed 2.5k damage +1.3 k assist in a strv74.

All the while the muppets were busy pinging the map and tell me to go spot.

Till some realized i don't take orders nor do i care about their opinions but have no problem using them as life bait if it fits the purpose.

Oh the second best scored massive 500 damage... oh and it was a tier 7 match.

GodTank2 #19 Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11341 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
replays?

24doom24 #20 Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postlabstermpa, on 16 June 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

Better than 6 wheelies and 3 arty tbh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users