Fixing light tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
202 replies to this topic

Alcoholic_Hellhound #1 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

Yo, here is something little about tier X light (read:trash) tanks, and I don't need 10 years for it.

Sheridank

artificially increase base camo values by 3-5 %

Reduce dispersion of 105mm gun to 0,36

Reduce base aim time of 152mm derp from 3,16 to 3, maybe increase shell velocity a bit to 750-800, and perhaps small buff to dispersion to make it 0,48-0,46

And this - WG should have used actual model of Sheridan not this boxy prototype think or whats that, but that is just WG.. With its size and in general it would still be medium/LT.

Spoiler

Panzer flipwagen

Here we go. 

Increase DPM at least to the level of T100LT, so to some 2300-2400, I'd go even with 2500 base.

Increase alpha to 360

Increase base camo by 3-5 % just like with Sheri.

Reduce /improve soft stats on turret traverse and tank traverse a bit, lets by 0,02 for gun, 0,03 for tank.

Manticore

Reduce chance for catching fire to 10 %, IDK why 20 % on this is a thing.

Give it actual "naval gun" and increase alpha to 440, or give it more ammunition, at least 30. Even with 440 alpha Id increase it to lets start with 25.

Reduce tank traverse from 0,15 to lets say 0,12

Reduce "after firing" from 3.5 to lets just start with 3

Could also get reduced dispersion by 0,02

WZ 132-1

buff DPM to 2500 to make it more like med/LT hybrid it is just like Sheri.

reduce "after firing" to 3

Increase gun depression to -6 like on obj 140.

Maybe increase gun handling a bit wont write any specific number example for this one. 

Then I would increase HP of tier X LTs in general by 100-200. Should the dispersion of these tanks be buffed then I think also T100LT should get it better. IDK why firepower of tier X LTs should on the level it is, when you consider how many "good scouting maps" there are in the game and how often you have to fight more in med style with LTs. And if tier X LTs had much better firepower/fighting capabilites, and superunicorns would absolutely dominate with them? So what? LTs are the hardest class to play I believe, so who cares if Steve the heavy tonk driver got bullied by those light tanks again. 

and OFC in order to make LTs playable, the joke go kart EBR must be nerfed, ideally get special MM to face another EBR, or their max number in battle reduced to 1 per team. Like WG reduced arty to max 3, would it be so hard to make only 1 EBR for team max?

So thats it, a few things that could make these underperforming lights much better. OFC its just numbers, but it didnt take me years to make at least that.

Edited by Pathethicc_Noob, 17 June 2020 - 12:00 AM.

mjs_89 #2 Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11540 battles
  • [95137] 95137
LTs can't be buffed because they destroy Steve in his IS-7. Steve needs protection or he'll cry. Be good to Steve. Pick a HT, sit in front of his hulldown tank and let him farm.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #3 Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles
edit: I forgot to mention Manticore DPM buff. One of the most important things in this list I forgot :D
18:34 Added after 3 minute

View Postmjs_89, on 17 June 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

LTs can't be buffed because they destroy Steve in his IS-7. Steve needs protection or he'll cry. Be good to Steve. Pick a HT, sit in front of his hulldown tank and let him farm.

Its like WG just butchered LT gameplay in general, then ofc the lower the tier, the better LTs are for obvious reasons, but on high tiers its like meds can spot for themselves on most maps, campers can spot for themselves. And when they nerfed base view range of tier X lights back then, makes you really thinking about WG - I mean no, we all know how big brain developers they are.

Tom_Deekanarry #4 Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17687 battles
Armored cars have removed the point of playing a light.

Search_Warrant #5 Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

WG never butchered lights. they sucked to begin with, then wheelies just put the nails in the coffin.

WG could do allot to track lights to make them stand out. but thats effort, why would a small indie company do that right? /s

Galan7891 #6 Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View PostTom_Deekanarry, on 18 June 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

Right because all LTs were competitive before the WVs showed up..

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56487 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View PostTom_Deekanarry, on 18 June 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

But if tracked light tanks are buffed it will nerf wheeled vehicles. Beside which EBR 105  is actually the only one of the whole bunch that is a little too high in its stats (and probably is the only one requiring a slight nerf), all the tiers V through to IX wheeled vehicles are actually not very good.

In any event if the tier X tracked light tanks all got slight buffs, there would be room to buff all the tracked lights tanks from tier V through to tier IX, which personally I think needs to be carefully considered. I thought that the nerfs given to the tracked light tanks in the lower tiers when the tier X tracked light tanks were introduced were too harsh.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35908 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 18 June 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

But if tracked light tanks are buffed it will nerf wheeled vehicles. Beside which EBR 105  is actually the only one of the whole bunch that is a little too high in its stats (and probably is the only one requiring a slight nerf), all the tiers V through to IX wheeled vehicles are actually not very good.

In any event if the tier X tracked light tanks all got slight buffs, there would be room to buff all the tracked lights tanks from tier V through to tier IX, which personally I think needs to be carefully considered. I thought that the nerfs given to the tracked light tanks in the lower tiers when the tier X tracked light tanks were introduced were too harsh.

EBR 105 isn't even overperforming. EBR Hotchkiss is actually the most undervalued of the bunch. It seems to be even better tier for tier than the tier 10. EBR 75 is the only one of the bunch that is overperforming but it's a mistake we all have to live with in the game.

azakow #9 Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 87314 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 18 June 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

IMO, buffs for "regular" tank commanders.

Why?

Much easier to play them, many more LT in matches.

Means the "nerfs" have been successful after all, coz revamping a complete vehicle class.

I am saying this because I remember streaks of matches when there was only a single LT per team.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #10 Posted 19 June 2020 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles
Like, I am not against different types of LTs, think of EBR as active scout (is broken right now tho), Manticore as good ol pure scout with worse firepower than say Sheridan, that is worse at LT role, but has more firepower (still should get buffed to make it more to being LT/med hybrid), then I would make flipwagen another LT/hybrid, with lesser alpha 360 as I mentioned, slighty lower DPM, but with superior accuracy and pene compared to Sheri, and its much faster ofc. Artificial increase of camo by lets say 5 % for Sheri and RHM should really be done, to make them more competitive on large LT maps if you log one of them and have to counter EBR, or T100 LT, manticore as passive spotters. If these tanks were buffed then some DPM buff to T100 LT as well, maybe increase alpha to 320 like Rasha meds have.

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 18 June 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

WG never butchered lights. they sucked to begin with, then wheelies just put the nails in the coffin.

WG could do allot to track lights to make them stand out. but thats effort, why would a small indie company do that right? /s

Like ye I agree with you. Biggest EDIT was when they nerfed view range of tier X lights on release - or was it sometime after they were realised? IDK, but they did nerf their view range, because WG.

24doom24 #11 Posted 19 June 2020 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
WG needs to level the playing field with EBRs first lmao. 

Search_Warrant #12 Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View Postarthurwellsley, on 18 June 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

But if tracked light tanks are buffed it will nerf wheeled vehicles........

But if we have Defender it will nerf every other tier 8 heavy tank?

WG dont care about the balance of this game if you havent noticed from the 10 million ****ups they have done over the years despite players telling them otherwise (and being right for once) mainly telling WG defender was too good and shouldent be in game, repeatedly....and ignoring us.

Lights have never been meta once. time we get a spotlight for once. wheelies came out the box overpowered (compared to tracked LTs) and that sads considering WG (apparently) "fixed" LT's ages ago with a rebalance patch that actually did nothing but nerf allot of lights by uptiering them or removing any semi decent guns and giving them +2 MM.

Pro tip WG, my tier 8 lights with less pen than preff mediums in tier is not balanced. 175 stopped being usefull years ago, time you gave them compensation for how piss poor they are, mediums are as fast or faster than them now with way more hitpoints and bigger guns. why cant my 900hp tier 8 light with god awefull gun, zero armor, poor mobility crap pen have ANYTHING worth a dam?

Im tierd of people saying "you cant compare a medium to a LT they arent the same class" oh yeh? well i cant compare them to wheelies coz they are different too, WHILE KEEPING THE LT TAG, what else do i compare them to? another pile of crap tracked light thats also underperforming?.

Stop giving a different balancing ruler to T.LT's compared to mediums/wheelies. there is no class system WG, the sooner you learn this the better. lights are just bad mediums and mediums are just better light tanks. there is nothing a light can do better than a medium (at least where it matters). so where is your "balance" exactly?.

/Rant end

Edit: and buff my god dam T92 (LT) its an eyesore at how pathetic it is, tier 6 guns are better, with more DPM, 60kmh top speed is too slow, i literally eat enemy T92's for breakfast in any other tier 8 light, you actually charge MONEY for that? shame on you WG. you killed your future of selling any prem lights because of wheelies, guess thats why you sold the Bourassque as a medium with a OP gun and not as a light tank, because you know nobody would touch another light after you ******ED THEM.

Historically T92 was the major upgrade over the Bulldog. yet in game its the same tier and just as pathetic as the actual bulldog.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 19 June 2020 - 04:56 PM.

azakow #13 Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 87314 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 June 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

Edit: and buff my god dam T92 (LT) its an eyesore at how pathetic it is, tier 6 guns are better, with more DPM, 60kmh top speed is too slow, i literally eat enemy T92's for breakfast in any other tier 8 light, you actually charge MONEY for that? shame on you WG. you killed your future of selling any prem lights because of wheelies, guess thats why you sold the Bourassque as a medium with a OP gun and not as a light tank, because you know nobody would touch another light after you ******ED THEM.

Historically T92 was the major upgrade over the Bulldog. yet in game its the same tier and just as pathetic as the actual bulldog.

In case your T92 is buffed, I like to have mine buffed aswell.

I am affraid that you will be the first to come here to moan, since you are far from being able to carry your own weigth at current. Hence you receive my usual answer -> L2P LT 1st!

:P

Search_Warrant #14 Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View Postazakow, on 19 June 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

I am affraid that you will be the first to come here to moan, since you are far from being able to carry your own weigth at current. Hence you receive my usual answer -> L2P LT 1st!

Why would i learn to play a underpowered pile of garbage and sweat my balls off to do anything when i can just play a dumb OP tank in any other "class" type?

making underpowered tanks and telling people to play them better to make them work is kinda stupid.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #15 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles
Like, I am that kind of player that played one of the worst spec for class character in WoW PVP, back in the WOTLK expansion, and I made it work, I am that kind of HC player. But here in WoT, well, nothing like playing Sheridan or flipwagen in the times of EBR spam. LTs were underpowered, especialy on tier X, always, since WG nerfed their vbase vieew range, and sorry I was dringking again so sorry for grammar and other mistakens. Just LT should be buffed to make them more like LT/mediums in general as the pure scoutigng maps are very low agains sory my engilish very bad when drnuka. LT in game = joke. Scoutn = not rly apart from 4 maps or something.

arthurwellsley #16 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56487 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View Postazakow, on 19 June 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 June 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Why would i learn to play a underpowered pile of garbage and sweat my balls off to do anything when i can just play a dumb OP tank in any other "class" type?

making underpowered tanks and telling people to play them better to make them work is kinda stupid.

Search_Warrant - Account win rate 55%, owns T92 Premium Light Tank and has a 60% win rate in it.

azakow - Account win rate of 59%, owns a T92 Premium Light Tank and has a 60% win rate in it.

(a) Perhaps azakow should not be dissing Search_Warrant given those statistics.

(b) Perhaps Search_Warrant should not be dissing the T92 Premium tier VIII USA light tank as it seems to be doing just fine, is rather well balanced, does not need a buff, and actually is providing both of them with a slight buff to their overall account win rate.

Search_Warrant #17 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View Postarthurwellsley, on 19 June 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Search_Warrant - Account win rate 55%, owns T92 Premium Light Tank and has a 60% win rate in it.

azakow - Account win rate of 59%, owns a T92 Premium Light Tank and has a 60% win rate in it.

(a) Perhaps azakow should not be dissing Search_Warrant given those statistics.

(b) Perhaps Search_Warrant should not be dissing the T92 Premium tier VIII USA light tank as it seems to be doing just fine, is rather well balanced, does not need a buff, and actually is providing both of them with a slight buff to their overall account win rate.

A decent player can make any tank work. its what the masses do with it is the real problem. lights as a whole are failing badly, but T92 as a whole is a very..VERY bad tank. you dont need my 60% winrate on it to see if its good. just compare it do other same tier lights. LT-432 is considered the standard for tracked lights now.

You dont wana face anything in T92, not even enemy tracked lights, its really sad feeling so fragile.

The fact i have even have decent stats is beyond me. i play like a complete moron most games. also LT's always padd stats because the masses play them badly. but they are also again, worst class in game and hard to do anything in.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 19 June 2020 - 06:16 PM.

Galan7891 #18 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 June 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

A decent player can make any tank work. its what the masses do with it is the real problem. lights as a whole are failing badly, but T92 as a whole is a very..VERY bad tank. you dont need my 60% winrate on it to see if its good. just compare it do other same tier lights. LT-432 is considered the standard for tracked lights now.

You dont wana face anything in T92, not even enemy tracked lights, its really sad feeling so fragile.

The fact i have even have decent stats is beyond me. i play like a complete moron most games. also LT's always padd stats because the masses play them badly. but they are also again, worst class in game and hard to do anything in.

Since when is LT-432 the "standard"?

Alcoholic_Hellhound #19 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 June 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

yea, its like not funny joke. High tier mediums can spot for themselves, TDs campers can spot for themselves, only on like maybe 4 maps your high tier LT is actually usefull?? I really like this design WG big brains.

azakow #20 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 87314 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 June 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

The fact i have even have decent stats is beyond me. i play like a complete moron most games.

See this is the real problem, incompetent not really trying players demanding buffs.

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users