Fixing/Manipulating/...etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
421 replies to this topic

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #1 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I hear so much about this. Sometimes I think paranoia drives these thoughts. "I'm doing everything correctly, I'm brilliant, why do I still lose?"

Do you genuinely believe that WG 'fixes', MM, Russian bias, RNG, battle results.

Only_Slightly_Bent #2 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29204 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

No.

With random matchmaking and 25% RNG, they have no reason to. And anyone who says that WG rig to make money is laughable - They make you lose on purpose so that you'll buy prem time/tanks, even though it's been thoroughly proven that prem time/tanks do not markedly improve the performance of the average player?

But even if it did, why is the player still playing a game they know is rigged? That's really stupid behaviour and nothing to do with any nefarious intentions on WGs part...

Edited by Only_Slightly_Bent, 17 June 2020 - 11:06 AM.

shishx_the_animal #3 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:01 AM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 32818 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 17 June 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

No.

sid257 #4 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47045 battles
  • [SYFY] SYFY

No.  
Just most meta vehicles are Russian.

Mmmmmmmm thinking!
Light bulb!

ZlatanArKung #5 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 17 June 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

Balc0ra #6 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

How so? As tbh I've never been told by WG to camp base so one guy on the team loses. RNG can change a late game to a loss ofc, but with 50% total to move with, it is what it is.

But more so then not it's up to each one on your team what happens up to that point, as impacts can be made early as well as late, even with a campy team. You just gotta give them something to shoot at before they are all spotted. As for battle results? Most of them, obscure as they seem can be explained if you bother to look at the replay a few times to take note of how each one fought if you feel you got less then you did deserve vs someone else.

Objec7 #7 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18244 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF

View Postsid257, on 17 June 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

No.  
Just most meta vehicles are Russian.

Mmmmmmmm thinking!
Light bulb!

This is child's logic. Maybe there's other reason for the amount of Russian tanks which also leads to most meta tanks quite easily. Such as USSR produced over 50 % of the tanks during wars and actively developed them.

Rati_Festa #8 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53102 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 17 June 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

No.

With random matchmaking and 25% RNG, they have no reason to. And anyone who says that WG rig to make money is laughable - They make you lose on purpose so that you'll buy prem time/tanks, even though it's been thoroughly proven that prem time/tanks do not markedly improve the performance of the average player?

But even if it did, why is the player still playing a game they know is rigged? That's really stupid behaviour and nothing to do with any nefarious intentions on WGs part...

A couple of points to pick through your poorly thought out comment.

Are WG are charity? No, they are a business so that implies that they like making a profit.

Prem tanks - the best t8 heavy is Defender, the best lights are EBR, Hawk 30, Lt432, the best TD is the Skorp or SU130, the best medium autoloader is the Progetto, the best single shot med is the t44 100 ( they all have one thing in common ). How are they not improving people's performance then? What could possibly be so tempting to buy a prem tank?  The prem tanks are better than the tech tree tanks.

The fact that people are stupid has been a great way of making money for businesses for many years, focusing on the gullible and misinformed has been a happy hunting ground for sales and marketers since the start of commerce. You only have to play a few random games of WOT to realise the game has a lot of stupid people playing.

I wouldn't be shocked if it came to light that they had manipulated people's experiences to prompt that person to potentially boost their self-esteem and give them a better tool to improve their performances by spending £30 on a tier 8 tank. 

Is that "laughable"?

malachi6 #9 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

Human brains are pattern seekers and pretty much hard-wired for false positives; both are survival traits.  When a sequence of events happens, many people will seek to explain them without sufficient evidence and without considering as many possibilities as possible.  It's how you end up with Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, Conspiracies, flat earth, and religion.

All one can ever do is attempt to explain the lack of evidence and point out that sometimes "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer, if somewhat unpalatable.  I would also personally like to see critical thinking taught in schools but, this might be a personal fallacy of my own.

Echotun #10 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24598 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

The only rigging Ive ever seen in this game is that you usually get top tier in the first battle you play on a certain tank, provided you play solo. 
Pretty sure this is an official thing. 

The people that are under the impression that the game is trying to sabotage them specificly are more often than not people who cant admit that the fault lies with themselves. Its much easier to blame WG. 

I remember talking about this with a previous member of my clan back when I was pretty new. He was a super veteran than never managed to progress beyond a cointoss (50%). He was 100% serious claiming WG was deliberately sabotaging HIS games. Trying to hold HIM back. When I asked if he meant him personally, he replied yes. 
These braindead idiots are everywhere. 

11:43 Added after 4 minute

View PostRati_Festa, on 17 June 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

A couple of points to pick through your poorly thought out comment.

Are WG are charity? No, they are a business so that implies that they like making a profit.

Prem tanks - the best t8 heavy is Defender, the best lights are EBR, Hawk 30, Lt432, the best TD is the Skorp or SU130, the best medium autoloader is the Progetto, the best single shot med is the t44 100 ( they all have one thing in common ). How are they not improving people's performance then? What could possibly be so tempting to buy a prem tank?  The prem tanks are better than the tech tree tanks.

The fact that people are stupid has been a great way of making money for businesses for many years, focusing on the gullible and misinformed has been a happy hunting ground for sales and marketers since the start of commerce. You only have to play a few random games of WOT to realise the game has a lot of stupid people playing.

I wouldn't be shocked if it came to light that they had manipulated people's experiences to prompt that person to potentially boost their self-esteem and give them a better tool to improve their performances by spending £30 on a tier 8 tank. 

Is that "laughable"?

These are balance issues, though. Id say that is a completely different topic.  

Edited by Echotun, 17 June 2020 - 12:44 PM.

Bordhaw #11 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16400 battles

View PostOlias_0f_Sunhillow, on 17 June 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

I hear so much about this. Sometimes I think paranoia drives these thoughts. "I'm doing everything correctly, I'm brilliant, why do I still lose?"

Do you genuinely believe that WG 'fixes', MM, Russian bias, RNG, battle results.

24doom24 #12 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

I do like to think that there isn't any rigging. 

Kdingo #13 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View PostOlias_0f_Sunhillow, on 17 June 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yes.

Its a secret that you have better rng if you have a stalin shrine and yell russia before you shoot.

wearing a hat out of stalinium will make you unicum in no time.

Btw i never have those thoughts of yours, mine usually are "cy*a bly*t" and "why did you idiot do this".

Rati_Festa #14 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53102 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostEchotun, on 17 June 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

The only rigging Ive ever seen in this game is that you usually get top tier in the first battle you play on a certain tank, provided you play solo. 

The people that are under the impression that the game is trying to sabotage them specificly are more often than not people who cant admit that the fault lies with themselves. Its much easier to blame WG. 

I remember talking about this with a previous member of my clan back when I was pretty new. He was a super veteran than never managed to progress beyond a cointoss (50%). He was 100% serious claiming WG was deliberately sabotaging HIS games. Trying to hold HIM back. When I asked if he meant him personally, he replied yes. 
These braindead idiots are everywhere. 

11:43 Added after 4 minute

These are balance issues, though. Id say that is a completely different topic.  

Balance issues that quite clearly favour a cash transaction, coincidence I think not.

If you accept it's not a coincidence... it starts to look quite a dubious situation does it not?

As you alluded to, this conversation quickly gets mired in the argument of fools who think they are being specifically targeted constantly. That's laughable as there would be no financial gain to annoying random customers.

But looking at trends of results and purchasing habits though is a whole different subject, this is being used extensively in ecommerce. Using these methods of data analysis of results and outcomes is far more feasible to me.

The fact that WG show a disregard for balance that funnels people to premium purchases, illustrates they brazenly favour profit over a quality balanced product.

Until they stop that practice then there will always be a suspicion.

qpranger #15 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
If the game has RNG, it has fixing.

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
RNG is manipulated at times. 

Private_Miros #17 Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 17 June 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

RNG is manipulated at times. 

Define "times" and show any statistical data that might indicate this a possibility.

Bora_BOOM #18 Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32625 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Game is rigged cause a good player having a bad run is still a lot better than a bad player having a good run.

It has nothing to do with skill.

It is all about the game needing to do all the unnecessary and almost impossible calculations for rigging a game for one player by changing it for the other 29 in the battle. And of course, doing that for all 30 of them at the same time.

So yeah, the answer to OP-s question is no. :trollface:

Slyspy #19 Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEchotun, on 17 June 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

This is more or less the mechanism which is protected by the much mis-referenced MM patent. Is it in use? Well, the MM tables on which it was based certainly are not anymore but the principle could still be. I've not recorded the tier of my first game in every vehicle though.

gunslingerXXX #20 Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 17 June 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Define "times" and show any statistical data that might indicate this a possibility.

Nope, not going to bother

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users