Jump to content


Casting Vote System for Maps


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

_Moonwalker_ #1 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:05 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 65259 battles
  • 27
  • [R4D] R4D
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Dear gamers and Wg staff.

 

I would like to cite an important issue about the game, so far never been solved properly.

 

Maps.

 

Some of them are missing now while they are liked ones and some of them are available in the game in spite of most of the players are hated them.

 

Such as Old Erlenberg was so good but the updated one is too bad to play.

 

Paris, Ghost Town,Minsk, Pilsen are among the most disliked maps too.

 

On the other hand, Northwest, Korea, South Coast, Pearl River are the removed ones, nobody knows why ?

 

Let’s say, a map is removed, because it’s unbalanced against one team, but that explain couldn’t cover all of the removed maps.

 

I don’t want to play in a map while i don’t like it at all.

 

There is a feature in the game, u can block a map if u have standard account, but that is not the solution, blocked one is still opening, even if u block it.

 

So that, Wg should bring the casting vote system for all maps, in a duration of 1 month- in a more or less of than this - and players should vote the maps including the removed ones from the game, the less popular ones should removed or updated by the reguest of the players, most popular maps among the removed ones are should add the game again.

 

Doing this not reguires a hard effort, on the contrary, it will boosts the movement and enjoy of the game and could bring back the players who guit to play it.

 

If this game a commercial good and players are the customers of it, then as per the the principle “ customer is always right” , Wg should pay attention to players demand, to hold the game on top continually.

 

All i have to say is that, thanks.



Jethro_Grey #2 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5570 battles
  • 876
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

Hm.

 

MWO has something like this, although on a per-battle-basis.

And it's a source of never-ending frustration because players with meta-mechs and meta-builds choose always the maps that suits their builds.

Which are always - ALWAYS - ice maps, so you'll NEVER see the beautiful ones.

 

Now, in WoT people have different preferences in regards to maps, so you'll end up with lots of raging when the wrong ones get removed.

While i would LOVE to see old maps reintroduced, i would throw a hissyfit if you'd remove ANY of the current ones.

Especially Pilsen and Ghost Town.

 

So no. No voting for map removal.



MightyBalls_2 #3 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13707 battles
  • 233
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

A voting system will still frustrate people, believe it or not, there are people who like the maps you hate and hate the maps you love.

 

I have a simple solution that might work for everyone.

 

  • You can block 2 maps that include all game modes.
  • Remove the feature to allow or disallow encounter, assault, grand battles.
  • Add the option to ban encounter, assault for individual maps (For instance Emperors Border is bad on the encounter but tolerable on standard mode, but I have to ban all encounter maps because I do not like it on that map).
  • Add old maps no one wanted to be removed (Swamp, Pearl River, Dragon Ridge, WindstormSouth CoastNorthwestFiery Salient).
  • Correct the broken maps where one side has a 70% chance of winning dependant on spawn (Mines, Dragons Ridge, Ruinberg to name a few).

 

I believe this would make the majority of people happier than what is present at the moment!

 

But... Posting this on the EU forums is pointless! War Gaming developers or anyone who is key to making decisions never visit our forum!


Edited by MightyBalls_2, 17 June 2020 - 12:40 PM.


Richthoffen #4 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33033 battles
  • 2,863
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 17 June 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

A voting system will still frustrate people, believe it or not, there are people who like the maps you hate and hate the maps you love.

 

I have a simple solution that might work for everyone.

 

  • You can block 2 maps that include all game modes.
  • Remove the feature to allow or disallow encounter, assault, grand battles.
  • Add the option to ban encounter, assault for individual maps (For instance Emperors Border is bad on the encounter but tolerable on standard mode, but I have to ban all encounter maps because I do not like it on that map).
  • Add old maps no one wanted to be removed (Swamp, Pearl River, Dragon Ridge, WindstormSouth CoastNorthwestFiery Salient).
  • Correct the broken maps where one side has a 70% chance of winning dependant on spawn (Mines, Dragons Ridge, Ruinberg to name a few).

 

I believe this would make the majority of people happier than what is present at the moment!

 

But... Posting this on the EU forums is pointless! War Gaming developers or anyone who is key to making decisions never visit our forum!


only map in your list of maps that nobody wanted to be removed is fiery sailient, for the rest i'm happy they got binned specialy pearl river and dragon ridge



MightyBalls_2 #5 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13707 battles
  • 233
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostRichthoffen, on 17 June 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:


only map in your list of maps that nobody wanted to be removed is fiery sailient, for the rest i'm happy they got binned specialy pearl river and dragon ridge

 

This is why I said the following:

 

Quote made by a GOD

 believe it or not, there are people who like the maps you hate and hate the maps you love.

 

 


Edited by MightyBalls_2, 17 June 2020 - 12:46 PM.


Balc0ra #6 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77807 battles
  • 23,592
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post_Moonwalker_, on 17 June 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

Some of them are missing now while they are liked ones and some of them are available in the game in spite of most of the players are hated them.

 

That goes both ways. As every single removed map besides Port has been on my top 3 most hated map list at some point, while others loved them. And I don't miss a single one of them tbh. And thus the remaining maps, take over the top 3 spots. Either way, some maps will be hated more than others, regardless of what you move back in and take out for anything to be... fixed. Paris will just be replaced by something else.

 

View Post_Moonwalker_, on 17 June 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

Such as Old Erlenberg was so good but the updated one is too bad to play.

 

Personally I found little fun in having 10 guns on each team camp the 2 and 8 lane hill just to wait for one side to lose patience and yolo the middle bridges fun. As that was what the old map was. Not saying the new one is good. But the old one was way worse. I can't recall one single fun game on that map on neither of the two old variants. The 2nd reworked version North just went their TD hill and waited for the castle push that always died before getting to it. Or South camping their hill raping people crossing the bridge up north that was a massive open area before.

 

View Post_Moonwalker_, on 17 June 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

On the other hand, Northwest, Korea, South Coast, Pearl River are the removed ones, nobody knows why ?

 

HEAT map dispersion and one-sided matches for the most part. Northwest only had fighting along the red line, 90% of the map never did see action. South Coast had one team more or less never left base, and still could lockdown most of the map unlike the other base. And thus won a majority of the matches.  And the Asian maps all suffered the same issue. 90% of the fighting was on one grid. As in the HT lane. Dragon Ridge was a 14 vs 15 on the 8 lane 9 out 10 games. Pearl River had the same issue, even more so on the first variant where the south team never left base, aimed at the bridge and waited for 15 enemy guns to push it. 

 

View Post_Moonwalker_, on 17 June 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

I don’t want to play in a map while i don’t like it at all.

 

There is a feature in the game, u can block a map if u have standard account, but that is not the solution, blocked one is still opening, even if u block it.

 

So that, Wg should bring the casting vote system for all maps, in a duration of 1 month- in a more or less of than this - and players should vote the maps including the removed ones from the game, the less popular ones should removed or updated by the reguest of the players, most popular maps among the removed ones are should add the game again.

 

See the updated part is the issue here. Those maps are still on the old engine etc. When patch 1.0 was fast approaching, they used 90 days per map to convert it with a massive map team. Now with a normal team, it takes them about 8 months to convert, rework and test it. As they are doing with Hidden village atm. So even then, for most maps to come back. It's not gonna be done fast.

 

But again, as we have seen with the data on what maps are blocked the most on each tier "as some maps have a tier limit or are more common on mid to lower tiers". It's a mixed bag for most tbh to make most happy. As maps that made you happy, will always make others mad. What I want to play, might not be what you want to play.

 

As pointed out above. Mech warrior online has a map voting system. And it's terrible. It's always based on what builds or classes most play. And if it's assault mechs with massive heat issues. Open winter maps always wins. It's a terrible system when you limit it to a vote on a per match basis. As it never fits your build if you are using a less common one. And the same works here. Some play arty and have city maps blocked. Super heavies have open maps blocked. Meds and lights don't want Paris, while the Type 5 doesn't mind it etc.

 

Personally I've never blocked Paris as I find it a "meh" map. But Emperors Border has been locked there since the system came.

 



UserZer00 #7 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14971 battles
  • 1,222
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
I'd prefer if they had the default map rotation, but allow 15-30 seconds at the start of each battle for people to be able to vote between two other maps (with the choices being oppoite types of maps).

If the majority selected one of the other maps then the battle would take place on that map, otherwise it would be the default.

This way you have at least a chance of influencing the map towards one preferable for your chosen tank or away from an open map if you see that there are 3 arty per team.

Just wishful thinking

saxsan4 #8 Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostUserZer00, on 17 June 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

I'd prefer if they had the default map rotation, but allow 15-30 seconds at the start of each battle for people to be able to vote between two other maps (with the choices being oppoite types of maps).

If the majority selected one of the other maps then the battle would take place on that map, otherwise it would be the default.

This way you have at least a chance of influencing the map towards one preferable for your chosen tank or away from an open map if you see that there are 3 arty per team.

Just wishful thinking


no, because that means plAYING useless maps every game, this is why oi hate COD sometimes, they always vote for useless maps

 

OP: no sorry

 

I like Pilsen, Paris etc, why should I get my least fav maps because people want to play prokaorkva?

 

Better idea, allow us to exclude 4 maps 

12:25 Added after 1 minute

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 17 June 2020 - 11:36 AM, said:

A voting system will still frustrate people, believe it or not, there are people who like the maps you hate and hate the maps you love.

 

I have a simple solution that might work for everyone.

 

  • You can block 2 maps that include all game modes.
  • Remove the feature to allow or disallow encounter, assault, grand battles.
  • Add the option to ban encounter, assault for individual maps (For instance Emperors Border is bad on the encounter but tolerable on standard mode, but I have to ban all encounter maps because I do not like it on that map).
  • Add old maps no one wanted to be removed (Swamp, Pearl River, Dragon Ridge, WindstormSouth CoastNorthwestFiery Salient).
  • Correct the broken maps where one side has a 70% chance of winning dependant on spawn (Mines, Dragons Ridge, Ruinberg to name a few).

 

I believe this would make the majority of people happier than what is present at the moment!

 

But... Posting this on the EU forums is pointless! War Gaming developers or anyone who is key to making decisions never visit our forum!


WHAT??? Very bad idea

 

Firstly, grand battles make my game lag due to my PC being bad which is why I turn them off, forcing me to play them will mean I can't play

 

Also, encounter and assault are useless modes, id rather not play them 



MightyBalls_2 #9 Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13707 battles
  • 233
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View Postsaxsan4, on 17 June 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

I like Pilsen, Paris etc, why should I get my least fav maps because people want to play prokaorkva?

 

This is exactly why War Gaming is in a no-win situation because they can not win. Hence the reason I said:

 

Quote from a GOD, on 17 June 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

 believe it or not, there are people who like the maps you hate and hate the maps you love.

 


 

View Postsaxsan4, on 17 June 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

WHAT??? Very bad idea

 

Firstly, grand battles make my game lag due to my PC being bad which is why I turn them off, forcing me to play them will mean I can't play

 

Also, encounter and assault are useless modes, id rather not play them 

 

I assumed that people would understand that when I said enable/disable the encounter and assault modes that this would also imply grand battles also. Sorry, that's me assuming incorrect. 

 

As for the encounter and assault mode being useless, I assume that is because you lack the skill to think during the game and just play the same tactic, go to the same position every game on every individual map.

 

After looking at your stats, I am pretty sure that is what you do because you like your massively overpowered (armour wise) tanks that can just go to a corner and bully less armoured tanks.

 

I do agree that encounter and assault is broken on certain maps (Which I said to ban it on an individual basis and not as a whole) but saying they are useless is showing your ability to switch things up when it matters, and instead of learning the game you instead just say its useless and vote no.


Edited by MightyBalls_2, 17 June 2020 - 02:44 PM.


saxsan4 #10 Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 17 June 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

 

This is exactly why War Gaming is in a no-win situation because they can not win. Hence the reason I said:

 

 


 

 

I assumed that people would understand that when I said enable/disable the encounter and assault modes that this would also imply grand battles also. Sorry, that's me assuming incorrect. 

 

As for the encounter and assault mode being useless, I assume that is because you lack the skill to think during the game and just play the same tactic, go to the same position every game on every individual map.

 

After looking at your stats, I am pretty sure that is what you do because you like your massively overpowered (armour wise) tanks that can just go to a corner and bully less armoured tanks.

 

I do agree that encounter and assault is broken on certain maps (Which I said to ban it on an individual basis and not as a whole) but saying they are useless is showing your ability to switch things up when it matters, and instead of learning the game you instead just say its useless and vote no.


That is false, the reason I hate encounter and assault is because players never go to the cap circle and I try and tell them for example on Lakevile DO NOT GO TO VALLEY but they dont listen

 

I have very good skills and I play a big variety of tanks, most of my clan also has those modes disabled so its more common than not, nothing about skill level






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users