Jump to content


AMX-13/75


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

Exard3k #21 Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13786 battles
  • 270
  • Member since:
    10-08-2011
Thats right. But its a few tons heavier...so about the same speed as 13 75.

And reload is like a minute or sth like that

Heinkle #22 Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15114 battles
  • 2,523
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011

View PostExard3k, on 08 January 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Thats right. But its a few tons heavier...so about the same speed as 13 75.

And reload is like a minute or sth like that
Can't get enough of the 13 75 at the moment; it really packs a punch, even with the stock gun. Rate of fire is incredible.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #23 Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23824 battles
  • 8,336
  • [4077] 4077
  • Member since:
    05-05-2011

View PostExard3k, on 07 January 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

If you like the AMX 12, then you'll love the AMX 13/75.

Matchmaking is still flawed for light tanks >Tier4, but with AMX 13 it isn't that bad anymore if you get used to it.
Most matches are Tier9, some tier8 and rarely tier7 or  tier 10

Personally i hated the AMX 12t but i actually loved the fully upgraded AMX 13 75 not sure if anyone else thinks the same but that tier 5 light gets put into tier 10 games most of the time or tier 9 no good i sold it straight away im going after my amx 13 90 now keeping the amx 13 75 though great tank shame on the amount of team losses however.

RO_Cruciatu #24 Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 7646 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    12-22-2010
last match I set a T95 on fire by shooting it from behind and did severe damage to it, a T44 helped me kill it, also I killed a t29 at low health and went to damage a E-100, took 5% off it with a lucky rear shot, then tried to track it but game ended

Posted Image

Captain_Bugsquash #25 Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27113 battles
  • 471
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Can anyone tell me if gun elevation/depression is the same as the AMX12 - because I'm finding that a serious problem atm - I absolutely dread getting Westfield with it :P

Panocek #26 Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29060 battles
  • 12,184
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011
Elevation - bit better but still crap, depression is actually decent.

EDIT
Made a bit of measurement in GIMP, depression angle appear to be around -7 degrees. Quite ok, I guess

RakooZa #27 Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 9245 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    07-13-2010
I love this Tank. Its so much fun.


The negativ things is the Matchmaker who put you in T10 fights and you only have just 36 shells which is not enough, particularly in T9-10 matches. I am going out of ammo most of the time.

But no matter, this is a great tank you making good credits and much more XP like a Tier 8 Tank so it´s going fast forward to T7 :-)

Arkhell #28 Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
  • 6,748
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010
Killed an T50-2 from 80% down
Killed an VK4502 Ausf.b from 30% down
Killed an Tiger form 20% down
Damaged a T95 for 40% keeping it bussy while team was bussy breaking trough a flank and then killed it.

1.7something K experience.

It's a totally retarded tank to get used to thanks to the reload and absolutly no depression/elevation of the gun, but damnit it's fun!

Cobra6 #29 Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • 16,707
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
It's a very good tank.

Unfortunately it's brought down by matchmaking a lot. I mean expect matches with Maus's and E100's in it. The matchmaker sees you as a light tank like the T50-2 (fast rushing scout), and not the medium gun platform (PzIV) like you are in reality. This tank is not a scout tank, it's a long range sniper due to it's gun, somewhat of a light TD.

The matchmaking for this tank needs to be drastically improved, and capped at a max of Tier8 and not higher. In on tier matches where this tank belongs it's one of the most awesome ones you can have, although the armour is none existant so even a loltraktor can damage you. But I guess that is the compensation for an awesome gun :)

Cobra 6

Shannar #30 Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13622 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    04-27-2011
It´s a great tank, MM is ok I think (well, could be better, but it´s OK, amx 12t has worse I think)...In tier 7-8 battles it can do a lot of work...here is one example (random battle and I was not in platoon, first half of the play I worked as a support tank, than I go to hunt some frags)

AMX 13 75, Hills 1999exp gain

troppia #31 Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

    Private

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 23865 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
AMX 13 75 is pure love. Agile enough to allow you to circle to almost every tanks flank or rear. FAst enough to get away after that. Enough penetration to hurt most tanks from rear and many tanks from flank. Accurate enough to allow you to snipe em from up to 400m. Small enough to annoy the inaccurate guns and shooters. Reload time is 16secs with 90% crew(still leveling my crew). Hides in the bushes up to proximity spot range. Gun depression is good enough to surprise all except the US tanks. And your HP value leaves you with some margin for error. Only the real big guns can one shot you without a ammo rack hit. This tank doesn't look like much on paper, but it can sure pack a punch.

This tank is versatile on it's role. It can prawl the weak and slow enemys, snipe the ones that it can't survive close combat with and scout the big ones. Sure it's not a master on any of those fields, but it still does a fine job in all roles.

The matchmaking is pretty much the same as on AMX 12t. Most games tier 8-9 with some tier 7 games and the rare tier 10 hell. This tank doesn't seem to get tier 6 games and I think it's intended. This tank can take down a M6 without effort. ARL 44 is toast against this beast. KV-3 is too slow to survive circling. M4A3E8 and M4A3E2 are a bit tricky since they seem to fire their gun almost the same speed as the AMX. T-34-85 and the VK tier 6 series are most likely to get a shot off at you, but that's all they get.

If you can get a platoon of 2 or 3 of these they can take out any tier 8 or below without breaking sweat. Also you can cover each other. Reload cycle takes roughly the same ammount of time as firing the full magazine.

I am not the type to keep old low level tanks in my garage after I've elited em, but I am really considering to go out of my usual way with this one.

Cobra6 #32 Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • 16,707
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Posttroppia, on 10 January 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

This tank doesn't seem to get tier 6 games and I think it's intended.

Had a T6 max match yesterday with my AMX13/75, it rocked. That is the way this tank is supposed to function. Killed and A20 in 3 seconds after tracking it, killed a T28 in 3 seconds after tracking it, killed a KV for 80%, killed an IS for 60%, killed a Churchill for 26%.

Cobra 6

Arestoteles #33 Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8739 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    05-25-2011
amx 12t sucks big time.
it gets matchmaking like t5 scout. but it really isnt ( if u got any doubts bout that look at max radio range) also its not agile enough.

now:
amx 13 75 is quite good. it gets better (lower) matchmaking than amx12 t.
mostly up to t8.
and u finally get a gun which can actually penetrate stuff.
also gun depression and uplift get better. in amx 12t i found it unbearable.



so my advise: if you re going to spend free xp. go ahead and skip amx 12t.
(i did so, eventhough i did quite well in it)

Heinkle #34 Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15114 battles
  • 2,523
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011

View Posttroppia, on 10 January 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

AMX 13 75 is pure love. Agile enough to allow you to circle to almost every tanks flank or rear. FAst enough to get away after that. Enough penetration to hurt most tanks from rear and many tanks from flank. Accurate enough to allow you to snipe em from up to 400m. Small enough to annoy the inaccurate guns and shooters. Reload time is 16secs with 90% crew(still leveling my crew). Hides in the bushes up to proximity spot range. Gun depression is good enough to surprise all except the US tanks. And your HP value leaves you with some margin for error. Only the real big guns can one shot you without a ammo rack hit. This tank doesn't look like much on paper, but it can sure pack a punch.

This tank is versatile on it's role. It can prawl the weak and slow enemys, snipe the ones that it can't survive close combat with and scout the big ones. Sure it's not a master on any of those fields, but it still does a fine job in all roles.

The matchmaking is pretty much the same as on AMX 12t. Most games tier 8-9 with some tier 7 games and the rare tier 10 hell. This tank doesn't seem to get tier 6 games and I think it's intended. This tank can take down a M6 without effort. ARL 44 is toast against this beast. KV-3 is too slow to survive circling. M4A3E8 and M4A3E2 are a bit tricky since they seem to fire their gun almost the same speed as the AMX. T-34-85 and the VK tier 6 series are most likely to get a shot off at you, but that's all they get.

If you can get a platoon of 2 or 3 of these they can take out any tier 8 or below without breaking sweat. Also you can cover each other. Reload cycle takes roughly the same ammount of time as firing the full magazine.

I am not the type to keep old low level tanks in my garage after I've elited em, but I am really considering to go out of my usual way with this one.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can only imagine that the 13 90 with its 90mm gun is superb!

Heinkle #35 Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15114 battles
  • 2,523
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011
The more I play with this tank, the more incredible it seems to become. I have probably the highest hit % (70%) with the 13 75 than I have with any other tank that I've used. In the same tier battle, I have more luck with it than I do my fully-upgraded T20.

del500044138 #36 Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles
  • 425
  • [N-O-D] N-O-D
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010
Any good?

Got Orliks medal after the 10th game.


Yea, its good.

Cobra6 #37 Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • 16,707
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
Just killed an E-50 in a one on one with my AMX13/75, shot it to 80% from a 100%, last shot was ammo rack :D bam!  Killed T29, S-51 and damaged various others.

We still lost in the end though, but I got 1400xp and 41000 credits for a loss ^_^

Cobra 6

diminish3d #38 Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24243 battles
  • 105
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
  • Member since:
    02-17-2010
You lot will love the AMX 13 90    :)

Just got mine tonight, and you know those 'awkward' situations you get with the 75? The ones where you are left with a long reload and an angry, angry, not-dead target?

They don't really happen much anymore :D

Anyway, much <3 for the AMX 13 75.

vlajko #39 Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32645 battles
  • 1,156
  • [RAWR] RAWR
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
Most fun tier 6 vehicle in game. True story.

corrado_comrade #40 Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 29392 battles
  • 612
  • Member since:
    12-22-2010

View PostThracius, on 08 January 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

last match I set a T95 on fire by shooting it from behind and did severe damage to it, a T44 helped me kill it, also I killed a t29 at low health and went to damage a E-100, took 5% off it with a lucky rear shot, then tried to track it but game ended

Posted Image

one of the best 13 75 battles i did. i really enjoyed that fast gun.

Posted Image

now the 13 90 with the 90 F3 hits hard but aiming time really sucks... i did way better with the AMX 13 75. seems i need to get used to it.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users