Jump to content


Sturmtgier mode ? Thoughts


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:11 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25745 battles
  • 4,576
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

HELLO,

 

 

WE HAVE STURMTGIER MODE ACTIVE

 

ITS SOO FUN OMG

 

What are your thoughts? I love this mode, first game 11k dmg xD

 

HE rounds worthless, use HEAT manual aim for big dmg

 

so far my max dmg 22k

 

ok 6 games im bored, back to randoms, 

 

 

next time please WG give us some benefit either allow us to trains crews or earn tiny bit of credits, otherwise we waste time


Edited by saxsan4, 17 June 2020 - 06:23 PM.


Venatacia #2 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39578 battles
  • 1,497
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
Two battles and found it boring to be honest. 

FrantisekBascovansky #3 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44346 battles
  • 1,025
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018
a sh*tshow

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46640 battles
  • 7,510
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

Hid the vehicle as soon as I logged on.

Absolutely ZERO interest in this mode.



call_me_ShockZz #5 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18897 battles
  • 286
  • [NERVA] NERVA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013
what an absolute piece of garbage mode

DargorDraconis #6 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8051 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    06-25-2014

View Postsaxsan4, on 17 June 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

HELLO,

 

 

WE HAVE STURMTGIER MODE ACTIVE

 

ITS SOO FUN OMG

 

What are your thoughts? I love this mode, first game 11k dmg xD

 

HE rounds worthless, use HEAT manual aim for big dmg

 

so far my max dmg 22k

 

ok 6 games im bored, back to randoms, 

 

 

next time please WG give us some benefit either allow us to trains crews or earn tiny bit of credits, otherwise we waste time

My opinion? This game mode is a useless, boring waste of time.

Give 0 Credit or XP
You can't complete any mission (even the missions for the 10 years)
You can't get any other rewards (skin/camo) 

games are too fast and you can't respawn, meaning if you are unlucky you pass more time on the loading screen than playing

and on top of that is limited to a short time window to play it



saurilian #7 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21189 battles
  • 503
  • Member since:
    09-25-2012

this has to be the biggest meme wargaming ever did



Slafes #8 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9305 battles
  • 20
  • [HAPNL] HAPNL
  • Member since:
    08-21-2013

Is this mission part of the golden key? If Yes, I just stop trying to play for the rest of the missions... This event is indeed a four letter word...

 

100 kills? ONE! in five games.


Edited by Slafes, 17 June 2020 - 06:32 PM.


saurilian #9 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21189 battles
  • 503
  • Member since:
    09-25-2012

View PostDargorDraconis, on 17 June 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

My opinion? This game mode is a useless, boring waste of time.

Give 0 Credit or XP
You can't complete any mission (even the missions for the 10 years)
You can't get any other rewards (skin/camo) 

games are too fast and you can't respawn, meaning if you are unlucky you pass more time on the loading screen than playing

and on top of that is limited to a short time window to play it

 

you're the saddest human being i ever encountered

 

even rerolls seem to have more fun in their life



qpranger #10 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:34 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,757
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Come on Wargaming, just add the Sturmtiger to ordinary random battles !!!

Echotun #11 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24598 battles
  • 1,340
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

View PostVenatacia, on 17 June 2020 - 06:13 PM, said:

Two battles and found it boring to be honest. 


Which could be part of the reason why they are trying to limit the time window. That way people might be testing out this mode all week without everyone getting bored and stop the first day :)



Balc0ra #12 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77816 battles
  • 23,606
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Way to braindead to be fun for more then 2 hours a day. So I get the limit on it. You go HEAT and keep your distance so they miss, then jam the handbrake and do a 180 when they fire and have HE as your next round. Getting 3 to 4 kills per game so far.

 

Damage is pointless, winning is pointless. Just get kills. I'm almost done with the 2nd mission already as the matches are really really short. As if you start to lose, just follow somone else and fire at their target after they hit it. As again... kills is the only thing that matters.


Edited by Balc0ra, 17 June 2020 - 06:37 PM.


Moulie #13 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12446 battles
  • 1,091
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

7 games in and i can summarize it as follows:

 

Pros

  • Zero cost
  • You drive a sturmtiger

Cons

  • Useless 'rewards'
  • time sink
  • you could be doing something better
  • no tactics
  • did i mention it was a waste of time


call_me_ShockZz #14 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18897 battles
  • 286
  • [NERVA] NERVA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View Postsaurilian, on 17 June 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

 

you're the saddest human being i ever encountered

 

even rerolls seem to have more fun in their life


what he said is true tho, its useless
 

simple as that



_Anarchistic_ #15 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49501 battles
  • 1,287
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

tried it, shells are slower than the tanks so i stopped

 

as usual WG choose the most stupid possible options in a game and for me thats just killed it straight away

 

developers must be 3 years of age



Balc0ra #16 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77816 battles
  • 23,606
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 17 June 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

tried it, shells are slower than the tanks so i stopped

 

as usual WG choose the most stupid possible options in a game and for me thats just killed it straight away

 

developers must be 3 years of age

 

That's arguably the only historical part about the move. The shell speed. As it's a missile, not a shell. But again, the shell speed is why it's so easy to get kills, as everyone fires at medium range and miss.

 

 



falcon_96 #17 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27349 battles
  • 783
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
It is a fun mode, like world war 2 plane dogfights, but with Sturmtigers. Personally, i don't care if i get the rewards or not, i will play it until it gets boring to me.

_Anarchistic_ #18 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49501 battles
  • 1,287
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 June 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

 

That's arguably the only historical part about the move. The shell speed. As it's a missile, not a shell. But again, the shell speed is why it's so easy to get kills, as everyone fires at medium range and miss.

 

 

 

historically the sturmtiger was faster than its shells?

 

according to Jentz and Doyle shell speed was rocket boosted to 850ft per second, the tank itself did around 25mph

 

more interesting is that it was found the armour was useless, the shell did so much damage and had such a large radius of damage that the tank had to be so far back to avoid destroying itself that an unarmoured tank/artillery piece was just as effective !!!



DargorDraconis #19 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8051 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    06-25-2014

View Postsaurilian, on 17 June 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

 

you're the saddest human being i ever encountered

 

even rerolls seem to have more fun in their life

Living in a cave untill 2 minute ago ?
jokes aside
Can you point any part where i'm incorrect? 


Edited by DargorDraconis, 17 June 2020 - 06:59 PM.


TheDrownedApe #20 Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53579 battles
  • 6,853
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

I can only play after 1800 1 night a week so RIP me. Thanks WG bankers 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users