what maps are actually good and playable in your opinion?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Heyo :)

well after the feature to Exclude maps i've picked my 2 maps that are beyond bad, Erlenberg and Overlord. and they have been there from the start almost non stop.

but looking into the options on how many of the current maps are actually good in my opinion out of the current 39 maps.

and for me only 7+1 maps are Good, enjoyable and well done.

those being: Studzianki, Pilsen, Minsk, Kharkov, Ensk, Glacier & Ghost Town. + Perhaps Berlin, i've only played it twice and it seemed nice.

but the maps that were left out from the list, should be reworked heavily, or thrown in to the trash as they are just mostly bad.

some of them like the malinovka are only good or fun with Arty or EBR's but the rest of the time they are just horrible.

so thats 31 maps that i dont care that much about and would cladly exclude if i could.

how'bout you? how many maps do you actually like and could play for ever and ever and ever and ever?

no ''top X'' this time, just picking the ones you like regardless how many there are.

Private_Miros #2 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Steppes, Prokhorovka, Malinovka, Murovanka are the only ones I'm truly happy with in any tank.

That doesn't mean the rest is bad, the rest just offers less opportunities to be flexible in every tank.

The_Naa #3 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 17 June 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Steppes, Prokhorovka, Malinovka, Murovanka are the only ones I'm truly happy with in any tank.

That doesn't mean the rest is bad, the rest just offers less opportunities to be flexible in every tank.

yes this how i mainly feel about the maps in the game. you just managed to word it better than i. 

Steeleye_Spam #4 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Redshire is the best map imo. Few truly dead spaces, hardly any impassable terrain, varied hills and villages, a sensible amount of soft cover. You can play well in varying positions with different tank classes. The only down side is the dubious airship area, and the fact that tanks approaching it from the south (but not the north) get enfiladed easily.

Private_Miros #5 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 17 June 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

Redshire is the best map imo. Few truly dead spaces, hardly any impassable terrain, varied hills and villages, a sensible amount of soft cover. You can play well in varying positions with different tank classes. The only down side is the dubious airship area, and the fact that tanks approaching it from the south (but not the north) get enfiladed easily.

Yes, Redshire is a good map in concept. It's just horribly unbalanced in favour of the South. But without that, it would join my list above.

Edited by Private_Miros, 17 June 2020 - 10:25 PM.

Inappropriate_noob #6 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 18999 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 17 June 2020 - 10:25 PM, said:

Yes, Redshire is a good map in concept. It's just horribly unbalanced in favour of the South. But without that, it would join my list above.

I agree with the unbalancing but I truly hate this map, it ranks for me alongside Sand River, Paris, Widepark, Ensk, and Fjords as horrible.

I would sat Fishermans Bay and Steppes are good.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Redshire. I don't care what tank I am in. I have good options and spots to go for all of them.

Knuddelwolf #8 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14722 battles
  • [WEGER] WEGER

Redshire

Murovanka

Malinovka

Prokhorovka

Cliff

Fisherman's Bay

Kdingo #9 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:18 AM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles
ghost town and crack*hore are complete horse poo in my opinion.

Other maps are manageable even so there are some just favoring a "you push you loose" idea and others are less favorable if not top tier.

But the mentioned above are just disgusting abominations of a mirror map disease.

_Anarchistic_ #10 Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49501 battles

Redshire, Prok (although the hill changes will trash it, just needs a tweak on bushes thats all), Malinovka, himmelsdorf, Kharkov, Berlin, Murovanka, sand river,  mines (which might surprise a few) HOWEVER all of them have their issues and I preferred all of them prior to 1.0 reworks

other great maps from pre 1.0 include old Erlenberg, old Kharkov, Stalingrad, old Province, 

Maps that could be great again and/or have potential to be great

Ruinberg, just remove that stupid window area and future wise perhaps open up all the areas inside the buildings (courtyards etc) so you can pick your way through them

Steppes, just go back to the old 8/9/0 lines without the boost in A0

Fishermans Bay, a once great map that only needed a tweak on 1/2 lines not complete hash up it is now

Fjords, now a truly horrible map, again pre 1.0 had a boost issue but otherwise light years ahead of the current abomination

Cliff  again pre 1.0 seemed to play much better than it does now adn much better than it will when it adds all those hull down areas making gameplay stagnant

funny thing as always in any game is some maps you mention i truly hate, 

edit forgot karelia, another map ruined in 1.0 with those OP camping rocks but would be great again if they are removed.  also sand river assault was awesome

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 18 June 2020 - 04:28 AM.

LethalWalou #11 Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:33 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35909 battles

To rate a map good or bad I do it based on how well I'm personally able to perform on it, and also how well they work for MoE. From the top of my head, good maps are the ''usuals'' Murovanka, Westfield, Redshire and on top of those the ''unusuals'' Karelia Assault (both sides), Ghost Town Defense, Siegfriend Line (both).

Most of the maps are playable meaning that I'm able to do stuff on them but I don't have a certain opinion of them.

Maps I find bad are those that I also have on blacklist at times, they are Mines, Airfield, Minsk (kinda bad recently) and Glacier with a heavy tank. All these opinions or lack of them change from time to time be it due to map changes or mostly how players play them.

saxsan4 #12 Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25745 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Himmesdorf

Paris

Kharokov

Tundra

Serene Coast

Ensk

Mines

Abbey

Pilsen

sigfreied line 

Ruinberg

these maps are all excellent

Edited by saxsan4, 18 June 2020 - 04:11 AM.

Baletron #13 Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17826 battles
Malinovka,prokhorovka,murovanka, ghost town and siegfried line are probably my favourite.

Most of maps are workable but there are some that are truly horrible like fjords and misk.

undutchable80 #14 Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15302 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 17 June 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 June 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

Redshire. I don't care what tank I am in. I have good options and spots to go for all of them.

One of my favorite maps 

Wannabe_Knispel #15 Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 63326 battles
  • [BADFI] BADFI

Prokhorovka, Sand river, Malinovka, Redshire, Karelia, Fishermans bay...

It seems I Iike maps suitable for tanks IRL. 

Elefantzeel #16 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16952 battles
Less than half, maps are too small for the big variety of tanks nowadays. they need to make them to fit for every style. They made the Berlin map which is non-sense the the stupidiest map ever. They encourage the imbalace in this game so you spend money on it to have a easier time. Classic Wargaming style.

ZlatanArKung #17 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

Redshire, Westfield, Karelia, Prokhorovka, Murovanka, Malinovka, Sand River.

Once upon a time Steppes was my favourite, then came patch 1.0 and it was ruined. Same for Erlenberg.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 18 June 2020 - 10:51 AM.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• 24592 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Every map without a camping ledge near each base. Maps like Ruinberg, Redshire, somehow Kharkov, Fjord, Mannerheim Line and Live Oak. Maps where pushing and playing actively is rewarded.

NekoPuffer_PPP #19 Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37074 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Karelia, Mountain Pass, Redshire, Serene Coast, El Halluf...

Wow, that's not a lot.

Flicka #20 Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23759 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

To me it depends on what kind of vehicle I am in, and how my team plays vs the how enemy team plays.

I have had good battles on the same map I had horrible battles, so I find it hard to say if it is down to a map for it to not be playable or the player base just adapting a playstyle that makes a map bad.

A lot of map have those base defense spots that are behind the base, and I find those kinda bad for gameplay. Malinovka is a good map, but when your team wins the hill and then just with blood boiling rushes down to get picked off by td in the forest, and you could call the thick forest bad map design but in fact they played that poorly.

Do not like Paris, have that banned, Erlenberg has some problems with camp positions in late game but is playable, Empire Border atm is quite bad.

Rest of them are playable, in most vehicles. Some prefer some vehicle types, but are still playable to some extent.

Good to me Redshire, EL Haluf, Prokhorovka, Malinovka, Westfield.

Still think and will keep thinking we need more room on maps, they need to be bigger, then you can work on spotting and arty ranges and room for everybody.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users