Good job WG.. the game is almost dead.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Change the game back to few years ago like 2016 and give more maps to play. (156 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Change the game back to few years ago like 2016 and give more maps to play.

1. Yes (89 votes [50.28%])

Percentage of vote: 50.28%

2. No (67 votes [37.85%])

Percentage of vote: 37.85%

3. No opinion (21 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

Vote Hide poll

StefbefNL #1 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

The game is almost dead ? Yep its treu on the EU server because there only 35000 users at this time and in the evening 125000 .. Thats 50% in compare with 15 month ago ..

Why is this happening ? 

I think the reason are more then one.

1-  The arty change is a farce, when arty was renewed with stun and other things it is for me more irritating then old arty. Even in cover the can splash you and if the team dont react you stand pinned on position.  (You cant make the difference and with old arty you can make the difference, now the splash you till you die and then the campers behind stones come and rape the 40% winrate players on tier 8 - 10)

2-  WG is listening to poeple who cant win a game.

3-  Wheeled vehicles are just mario kart in world of tanks, sometimes they drive as muppet and guess what happens? On the end of the match he has 6000 damage because nobody can hit that EBR  except good players or players like me hit the EBR.

4-  There are tanks which are OP like 430U or more of them, so for example if you take a english medium tank try to pen it or stun it with HE or hesh on the frontside or even sometimes on the sides it will bounce .. 

5-  Today i started a game in my centurion and get hooked up with players with an 42 % winrate ?? How do i actually win ? I can only farm some damage ? Is this fun WG ??

6-  Always new premium vehicles but no new maps at all? Verry dissapointing!

7-  Premium account is too expensive because i can buy better games for the same price. For example --> Formula 2020 is even cheaper then one year premium ??? So is this normal.

8-  Shells are vanishing when you shoot  sometimes so the game decides if you hit or not .. Thats not fair ! 

9-  I saw on youtube players with mods that are still useable, Example --> I saw a p-layer which know where you are from the start of the match ??

I can give many more reasons but i dont care .. They only thing i can reccomended is that you not going to pay for the game anymore because it is not worth the money you spent and the game has become a bad expierence with teammates on tier 8-10 with 42% winrate.

Edited by StefbefNL, 18 June 2020 - 09:18 AM.

Luther_Huss #2 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10397 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST

So, to summarise, you are unhappy with the game for exactly the same reasons all all of the other threads in this section of the forum whining about exactly the same things?

1 - that is kind of the point of artillery.......

2 - so they are listening to every single player then? Everyone loses from time to time.......

3 - Nobody can hit an EBR except players like you? Ok, fail to see the point of this particular whine.....

4 - Can't argue with this one. There are indeed some seriously OP tanks in the game. Mind you, why on earth would you try and shoot a 430U frontally using HESH?

5 - I find it extremely hard to believe that your entire team consisted of 42% WR players. Perhaps just play and stop using XVM?

6 - Berlin?

7 - You are under no obligation to purchase premium account time. And if you can afford to spend that money on a different game how can it be too expensive?

8 - If it happens to everyone it is,by definition, 'fair'. You are not being singled out so just take it on the chin and move on.

9 - And? Youtube is hardly the be-all and end-all of the game is it? And if it is on youtube then WG should be aware of it and will take appropriate action.

And, just to try and understand the point of this whine - you are unhappy because you got teamed with some lower percentile players?

Perhaps you should just take a break if things are getting to you so much? Play that car game you seem to want. Or just give in and join the ranks. Get yourself an EBR and all problems solved. Yoy can play formula one IN world of tanks. Simple eh?

Edited by Luther_Huss, 18 June 2020 - 09:37 AM.

StefbefNL #3 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

View PostLuther_Huss, on 18 June 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

So, to summarise, you are unhappy with the game for exactly the same reasons all all of the other threads in this section of the forum whining about exactly the same things?

2 - so they are listening to every single player then? Everyone loses from time to time.......

3 - Nobody can hit an EBR except players like you? Ok, fail to see the point of this particular whine.....

4 - Can't argue with this one. There are indeed some seriously OP tanks in the game. Mind you, why on earth would you try and shoot a 430U frontally using HESH?

5 - Perhaps you could try to play properly? I find it extremely hard to believe that your entire team consisted of 42% WR players. Perhaps just play and stop using XVM?

6 - Berlin?

7 - You are under no obligation to purchase premium account time. And if you can afford to spend that money on a different game how can it be too expensive?

8 - If it happens to everyone it is 'fair' be definition. You are not being singled out so just take it on the chin and move on.

9 - And? Youtube is hardly the be-all and end-all of the game is it? And if it is on youtube then WG should be aware of it and will take appropriate action.

And, just to try and understand the point of this whine - you are unhappy because you got teamed with some lower percentile players?

Perhaps you should just take a break if things are getting to you so much? Play that car game you seem to want. Or just give in and join the ranks. Get yourself an EBR and all problems solved. Yoy can play formula one IN world of tanks. Simple eh?

Can you tell me why you think its whine comment .. If you aint agree thats fine with me but i give good reasons and i can give  a lot more of them .. You aint give me reasons. You are acctually whine at youself because you are not agree with this topic.. That will not say that what i say its not the truth ?? Think about that ! Have a nice day and no hard feelings to you .

Edited by StefbefNL, 18 June 2020 - 09:40 AM.

Ailok_Konem #4 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2907 battles
  • [REDEG] REDEG

I have no idea how wot was in 2016. I played this game during beta and now i started again 2 months ago. 

So i can tell you as a newcomer what is my opinion so far. 

1. Plenty of maps + game modes. Encounter, Assault, etc. (still learning them)

2. Arty is *edited*. I recived 1400 dmg hit 1 time. From a tank on the other side of the map that i cannot see. When there are 3 artys in a game that just ridiculous. 

3. EBRs are very unbalanced. Especially the critical hit thing and the auto aim. I saw several matches packs of 3 ebrs in the same platoon ( players with 8-9k rating) who just dominate the whole match. They need to address this issue very very fast as even for me (only 2.8k games) it starts to feel bad. 

Even if i own tier 8-10 light tanks i preffer to play LT at tier 6 just to avoid EBRs. 

4. MM : This is something that bothers me as well. Its not that i want to be on the winning side all the time. Its just that its should be fair. MM should also consider player rating to certain degree.

5. Some maps are unbalanced

Edited by Immensive, 18 June 2020 - 09:50 AM.
Edited for being inappropriate

StefbefNL #5 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

View PostAilok_Konem, on 18 June 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

I have no idea how wot was in 2016. I played this game during beta and now i started again 2 months ago. 

So i can tell you as a newcomer what is my opinion so far. 

1. Plenty of maps + game modes. Encounter, Assault, etc. (still learning them)

2. Arty is *edited*. I recived 1400 dmg hit 1 time. From a tank on the other side of the map that i cannot see. When there are 3 artys in a game that just ridiculous. 

3. EBRs are very unbalanced. Especially the critical hit thing and the auto aim. I saw several matches packs of 3 ebrs in the same platoon ( players with 8-9k rating) who just dominate the whole match. They need to address this issue very very fast as even for me (only 2.8k games) it starts to feel bad. 

Even if i own tier 8-10 light tanks i preffer to play LT at tier 6 just to avoid EBRs. 

4. MM : This is something that bothers me as well. Its not that i want to be on the winning side all the time. Its just that its should be fair. MM should also consider player rating to certain degree.

5. Some maps are unbalanced

In the old times if you take cover and arty cant hit you .. But there where artys which can one shot you in the early days if you didnt take cover so tupid players began to whine and now we have this arty *edited* . The only change they have to made is 1 or 2 arty in one match and problem was solved .. In the old days sometimes there where 4 arty in one match hahaaha

Edited by Immensive, 18 June 2020 - 09:50 AM.
Edited for being inappropriate

_Anarchistic_ #6 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49501 battles

View PostLuther_Huss, on 18 June 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

5 - I find it extremely hard to believe that your entire team consisted of 42% WR players. Perhaps just play and stop using XVM?

6 - Berlin?

8 - If it happens to everyone it is,by definition, 'fair'. You are not being singled out so just take it on the chin and move on.

actually you make a very good argument why the thread is relevent

exactly all the other threads.... about the same things

perhaps then if everyone is agreed it is correct

Ratriq #7 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Gotta say, there are actually a lot of things I like with the 2020 wot, the battlepass is honestly pretty great, besides the fact it should be included for free or discounted for premium subscription players since this game does already have enough gameplay monetization as it is.

The new customization elements, like displaying achievable emblems and all that is really fun to be honest, and it's also great that they've started selling skins instead of tanks, somewhat. The game is a lot more f2p friendly nowadays with them even giving away emblems and skins, which was a no-go in the old days.

Now there are some of these smaller things that I honestly really like with modern wot, it has added a lot of depth to the game which was a lot more arcadey and shallow before, missions, battlepasses, campaigns, etc, and all that has added a lot more to do.

But there are some personal issues too I have with it, it does feel like modern wot is trying to take it somewhat too seriously, like removing the all chat, which at least half of the player base still miss. Like it or not though, the all chat did make the game become a lot more meme-ish, with banter to the enemy team and seeing their reactions with funny kills and all that. It made every battle always feel a little different cause it was quite clear that you were playing against different people every game. Let's not also talk about them trying to kill off derp tanks in the most recent scrapped shell balance in the words of "balancing".

The current games have become a lot quicker thanks to a lot of power creep and cough, wheelchairs. It feels like most games generally just end a lot quicker nowadays, which outright have ruined some tank playstyles to a degree, like most heavy/slow tanks.

The fact that most premiums nowadays just have to be better than normal tanks to be even viable to most players, and they also keep selling them, like our lovely defender here. I still liked the concept of the old premiums, mostly worse than a fully upgraded tank, but better than a stock tank. But since it's "premium" you get to earn more credits, pref mm so you didn't have to meet 2+ tiers and be able to crew train tanks. Made it a lot more f2p friendly.

But overall I wouldn't really say modern wot is that much worse overall than old wot, sure it has become a lot worse in many areas compared to old wot, but modern wot has also improved in a lot of areas than old wot was honestly just lacking in. Also, the playerbase dropping, if I remember correctly, has mostly stabilized under the years right now and it is still impressive this game still even have a playerbase since it's 10 years old now.

So long story short, yes, wot has definitely changed, a lot, in the recent years and some, will like how it was in the old days just cause how different it was, but change is not always bad, wot has honestly just gone 1 step backwards and 1 step forwards mostly imo. A lot of things have become worse, sure, but a lot of other things have also become a lot better. Now, of course, different people will like and prioritize different aspects of what has improved and have gotten worse which is why so many are split if old wot or modern wot is the best.

Edited by Ratriq, 18 June 2020 - 10:06 AM.

StefbefNL #8 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 18 June 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

actually you make a very good argument why the thread is relevent

exactly all the other threads.... about the same things

perhaps then if everyone is agreed it is correct

Thats are not good arguments thisis called flaming and bully a topic with things that everybody knows and yes its treu what he say but it is also treu what is say .. So maybe if you are not agree then use the poll .To be toxic is easy but start a normal conversation about it is too difficult ?

Luther_Huss #9 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10397 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST

View PostStefbefNL, on 18 June 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

Can you tell me why you think its whine comment .. If you aint agree thats fine with me but i give good reasons and i can give  a lot more of them .. You aint give me reasons. You are acctually whine at youself because you are not agree with this topic.. That will not say that what i say its not the truth ?? Think about that ! Have a nice day and no hard feelings to you .

I consider it a whine topic simply because of the tone you take.

You have provided absolutely no justification for any of your points, simply opinions. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but you may want to rethink how to phrase your views.

And yes, my replies are my opinions as well. Take them or leave them, entirely up to you.

ps - I did actually reply to you, point by point. And no, I do not consider what you say 'to be the truth' about the state of the game. I would have thought that was fairly clear from my replies. Then again, things may be getting lost in translation. If that is the case then apologies, no insult was intended.

Edited by Luther_Huss, 18 June 2020 - 09:56 AM.

StefbefNL #10 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

View PostLuther_Huss, on 18 June 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

I consider it a whine topic simply because of the tone you take.

You have provided absolutely no justification for any of your points, simply opinions. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but you may want to rethink how to phrase your views.

And yes, my replies are my opinions as well. Take them or leave them, entirely up to you.

Then you going to listening too tones and leave my topic because i wanna hear you talk about my content and not off topic kind of things is not really helpfull and repectfull tome  .. If you are a soft egg then better dont go on forums .. No hard fellings again and this was your last answer because you listen too much too tones !

Edited by StefbefNL, 18 June 2020 - 09:57 AM.

zone_nord #11 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 51385 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

looks alright to me

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56487 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View PostStefbefNL, on 18 June 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

1-  The arty change is a farce, when arty was renewed with stun and other things it is for me more irritating then old arty. Even in cover the can splash you and if the team dont react you stand pinned on position.  (You cant make the difference and with old arty you can make the difference, now the splash you till you die and then the campers behind stones come and rape the 40% winrate players on tier 8 - 10) Disagree. Proposal- arty does zero damage. Arty has three shell options, Stun, Star Shell (reveal), and Smoke Shell (hide). That way arty is the support class it was always intended to be.

2-  WG is listening to poeple who cant win a game. WG is a world wide corporation with thousands of employees, thus your assertion is naive. WG look at detailed statistical analysis. It is clear from numerous Q & As over the years that they are a company with a fetish for numbers.

3-  Wheeled vehicles are just mario kart in world of tanks, sometimes they drive as muppet and guess what happens? On the end of the match he has 6000 damage because nobody can hit that EBR  except good players or players like me hit the EBR. WRONG, only the tier X is a little bit too good. The tiers V through to IX are all a bit average. A very slight buff to tracked light tanks and everyone would forget wheeled vehicles.

4-  There are tanks which are OP like 430U or more of them, so for example if you take a english medium tank try to pen it or stun it with HE or hesh on the frontside or even sometimes on the sides it will bounce .. Did you watch the news on the WoT main front page? Nerfs of the Object 430U are being tested.

5-  Today i started a game in my centurion and get hooked up with players with an 42 % winrate ?? How do i actually win ? I can only farm some damage ? Is this fun WG ?? Replay of it never happened is the forum rule on players making assertions about games. No proof without evidence.

6-  Always new premium vehicles but no new maps at all? Verry dissapointing! Last patch new map Berlin. Do you even read what is happening in the game? Do you read patch notes?

7-  Premium account is too expensive because i can buy better games for the same price. For example --> Formula 2020 is even cheaper then one year premium ??? So is this normal. Premium account costs peanuts. But I suppose it depends on what country you live in.

8-  Shells are vanishing when you shoot  sometimes so the game decides if you hit or not .. Thats not fair ! Replay or it never happened.

9-  I saw on youtube players with mods that are still useable, Example --> I saw a p-layer which know where you are from the start of the match ?? There is an official mode page on these forums. It is here http://forum.worldof...orum/2686-mods/ All players can choose any of the permitted mods. Do you do any research before you typed this post?

I can give many more reasons but i dont care .. They only thing i can reccomended is that you not going to pay for the game anymore because it is not worth the money you spent and the game has become a bad expierence with teammates on tier 8-10 with 42% winrate.

World of Tanks has seen a slow decline in numbers since the Swedish tech tree patch. It has a dip in numbers every summer. Overall it has lost players at a smaller percentage than a great many other ten year old MMO games, and thus is actually doing quite well.

Luther_Huss #13 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10397 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST

View PostStefbefNL, on 18 June 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Then you going to listening too tones and leave my topic because i wanna hear you talk about my content and not off topic kind of things is not really helpfull and repectfull tome  .. If you are a soft egg then better dont go on forums .. No hard fellings again and this was your last answer because you listen too much too tones !

You appear to have completely missed all of my replies, point by point.

I disagree with most of what you said. I agree with some of it. I thought I was fairly concise in my replies but clearly not.

Either way I am not getting involved in this any more. you clearly have made your mind up and nothing I can say will change that.

Jog on kiddo :-p

StefbefNL #14 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT
Just use the poll i go to work .. i help poeple with cancer so its more important then this  .. Have an nice day everybody !
09:04 Added after 3 minute

View Postarthurwellsley, on 18 June 2020 - 08:58 AM, said:

I have proof but i dont know how to put a replay online .. greetz 

Edited by StefbefNL, 18 June 2020 - 10:01 AM.

burningbridges #15 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41934 battles
  • [NO-BS] NO-BS

The EBRs are a joke and three in one game, can be unplayable especially in frontline, my biggest gripe and the reason more people are moving to warships is the attitude of the players, poor manners, not supporting each other and constant abuse. the adults get fed up with the pathetic, play barbies, noob, tetris, yawn.......

A great game spoilt by idiots who think they are generals as soon as they die and know everything????

StefbefNL #16 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

View Postburningbridges, on 18 June 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

The EBRs are a joke and three in one game, can be unplayable especially in frontline, my biggest gripe and the reason more people are moving to warships is the attitude of the players, poor manners, not supporting each other and constant abuse. the adults get fed up with the pathetic, play barbies, noob, tetris, yawn.......

A great game spoilt by idiots who think they are generals as soon as they die and know everything????

I am agree with you but i think you are an axample for my topic too .. Watch this here you can see how you play and i am not the  best player but you are just a bad player --> https://nl.wot-life.com/eu/player/burningbridges/

Dont play high tiers in your case just try too stay alive and then make as much damage as you can, and support others and DONT expect that everybody knows what you think or what you wanted to do in the game are my tips too you.. It helped me a lot ..

Have a nice day 

Edited by StefbefNL, 18 June 2020 - 10:17 AM.

arthurwellsley #17 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56487 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View PostStefbefNL, on 18 June 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

I have proof but i dont know how to put a replay online .. greetz 

1. Navigate to this website run by WG = http://wotreplays.eu/

2. Log in to the website.

3. Upload replay.

4. To find replay, find your World of Tanks folder on your computer hard drive. Open that folder and look for the folder called "replays". Select the replay you wish to up load to http://wotreplays.eu/

5. Add some comments.

6. There is a button called "Replay Link" which copies the url of the replay and it can then be pasted directly into any forum post on this forum.

7. Replays prove things that are said. If no proof then what is posted is likely to be ridiculed.

_6i6_ #18 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26218 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStefbefNL, on 18 June 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

The game is almost dead ? Yep its treu on the EU server because there only 35000 users at this time and in the evening 125000 .. Thats 50% in compare with 15 month ago ..

Why is this happening ? 

I think the reason are more then one.

1-  The arty change is a farce, when arty was renewed with stun and other things it is for me more irritating then old arty. Even in cover the can splash you and if the team dont react you stand pinned on position.  (You cant make the difference and with old arty you can make the difference, now the splash you till you die and then the campers behind stones come and rape the 40% winrate players on tier 8 - 10)

2-  WG is listening to poeple who cant win a game.

3-  Wheeled vehicles are just mario kart in world of tanks, sometimes they drive as muppet and guess what happens? On the end of the match he has 6000 damage because nobody can hit that EBR  except good players or players like me hit the EBR.

4-  There are tanks which are OP like 430U or more of them, so for example if you take a english medium tank try to pen it or stun it with HE or hesh on the frontside or even sometimes on the sides it will bounce .. 

5-  Today i started a game in my centurion and get hooked up with players with an 42 % winrate ?? How do i actually win ? I can only farm some damage ? Is this fun WG ??

6-  Always new premium vehicles but no new maps at all? Verry dissapointing!

7-  Premium account is too expensive because i can buy better games for the same price. For example --> Formula 2020 is even cheaper then one year premium ??? So is this normal.

8-  Shells are vanishing when you shoot  sometimes so the game decides if you hit or not .. Thats not fair ! 

9-  I saw on youtube players with mods that are still useable, Example --> I saw a p-layer which know where you are from the start of the match ??

So he knew the enemies were at the spawn point? :hiding:

Edited by _6i6_, 18 June 2020 - 10:41 AM.

StefbefNL #19 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 78600 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

View Post_6i6_, on 18 June 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

So he knew the enemies were at the spawn point? :hiding:

He knew where you are because he se you on the map when you are not spotted .. 

09:51 Added after 2 minute

https://nl.wot-life.com/eu/serverstats/

There you can see what players are online .. Its not even 1/3 anymore on the EU Server and you can see that all the good players are gone .. So i think about to delete my account to and see next winter for an other game .. I think it will be APEX legends for me .. 

Wintermute_1 #20 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54687 battles

Comparing player numbers with figures 15 months ago is obviously the wrong thing to do with a game that has seasonal player numbers which are much higher in the winter. 

At the moment, due to the coronavirus effect there are just under 750k players on the EU server, 2 years previously there were just over 750k players. (Wot-news) numbers for EU server.

Edited by Wintermute_1, 18 June 2020 - 10:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users