If someone pushes you and he gets killed by the enemy you get banned. Why?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

peregrine #1 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67334 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
What are you supposed to do in this situation? People constantly drive into my side and finally turn me around. And when I stop moving face towards the enemy the bot kept pushing me and dies when the enemy show up. And I get banned for that?

Great job removing team damage, it really removed all the griefing from the game....

Spoiler

Edited by peregrine, 18 June 2020 - 12:27 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #2 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37005 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Send your replay to WG and explain politely how physics work.

A tank can't move away from another tank if the other tank is pushing into its side due to friction.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't understand the basic laws of physics.

You should not have been banned.

Actually that video might work too, instead of a replay.

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 18 June 2020 - 12:47 PM.

peregrine #3 Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67334 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Well I wrote about 4 tickets trying to get an actual answer. But all I got was I accepted the rules and I shouldn't have violated them.

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37005 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postperegrine, on 18 June 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

Well I wrote about 4 tickets trying to get an actual answer. But all I got was I accepted the rules and I shouldn't have violated them.

Label the ticket as "Physics Abuse", they pay more attention to those.

If you already have...keep at it.

Nebuched #5 Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

View Postperegrine, on 18 June 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

What are you supposed to do in this situation? People constantly drive into my side and finally turn me around. And when I stop moving face towards the enemy the bot kept pushing me and dies when the enemy show up. And I get banned for that?

Great job removing team damage, it really removed all the griefing from the game....

Spoiler

Preventable by giving others some more room at the start or even not slamming on the gas the few first seconds.  I will not say if your ban is correct, but If you keep your ban they might have thought that you were blocking  the other player so you get your share of the blame. All tanks I know are able to drive out from such a push in the side. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37005 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostNebuched, on 18 June 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

All tanks I know are able to drive out from such a push in the side.

Even so, if the pushing tank keeps pushing into a tank's side, is the pushed tank blocking the pusher, or is the pusher blocking/harassing the pushed tank?

The pusher's at fault. OP was very clearly wrongly banned.

I had this encounter several years ago, rammed into the side by an IS-6 in my Dicker Max shortly after game start, I couldn't move forwards/backwards at all. He wouldn't stop pushing me, and kept screaming "REPORT DICKER BLOCKER". I literally could not do anything about it, other than try to explain the basic laws of friction physics to the infantile pillock.

__Eric__ #7 Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39957 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You got banned for that? :amazed:

Homer_J #8 Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:39 PM

Field Marshal

• 33920 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Are you sure that's what the ban was for and not something else you did in an earlier battle?

Orkbert #9 Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30150 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 18 June 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Dunno, around 18~24 seconds in the video he almost was out of the pushing but ended back in it. That video is inconclusive if that was a pushing or a blocking (or, most likely both)

LethalWalou #10 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35767 battles

View Postperegrine, on 18 June 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

And when I stop moving face towards the enemy the bot kept pushing me and dies when the enemy show up. 

I like how you call it ''I stop moving face towards the enemy'' instead of what actually happened, you were turned and you stopped there in front of him to block him out of spite.

Honestly both should be banned. Neither of you even tried to end it and kept going at it. I suspect the other person was actually banned too.

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 18 June 2020 - 05:39 PM, said:

Are you sure that's what the ban was for and not something else you did in an earlier battle?

I'd put money on it.  Bans can be fast but not that fast.

wsatnutter #12 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27556 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
a polite letter into support will help

NekoPuffer_PPP #13 Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37005 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 18 June 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

I'd put money on it.  Bans can be fast but not that fast.

If labeled with "Physics Abuse", all it takes is mere minutes.

View PostOrkbert, on 18 June 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

Dunno, around 18~24 seconds in the video he almost was out of the pushing but ended back in it. That video is inconclusive if that was a pushing or a blocking (or, most likely both)

You really gotta find yourself in that situation to know what it's like, and how hard it is to escape from tanks attempting to pit-maneuver you.

I imagine OP got fed up with trying to get away from them and just gave up, hoping they'll go away eventually...but, well...

CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 18 June 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

If labeled with "Physics Abuse", all it takes is mere minutes.

Not impossible but expect it to take a bit longer - time to report it then CS has to review the replay and action the ban.  Can be quite fast but "minutes" is probably overstating it.  Plus the replay for this game isn't exactly a slam dunk for a ban.

peregrine #15 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67334 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostHomer_J, on 18 June 2020 - 05:39 PM, said:

Oh I am sure. I got banned after the game during which my ticket about the other guy got answered.

View PostLethalWalou, on 18 June 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

I like how you call it ''I stop moving face towards the enemy'' instead of what actually happened, you were turned and you stopped there in front of him to block him out of spite.

Honestly both should be banned. Neither of you even tried to end it and kept going at it. I suspect the other person was actually banned too.

I stopped moving yes. Why? Because if you watch the video you will realize that i spent every second before that turning away from him and the other idiots that can't drive. He put me in that position. And nothing I did is against any public definition of physics abuse. Or are you trying to tell someone pit maneuvering me and then continuing to drive into me is my fault?

You might want to watch the video again and pay attention in which way I am turning during every bit of this. But than again I know two objects can't be in the same place unlike the guy that pushed me.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77699 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 18 June 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

For all we know, he got banned for several reports stacking up, vs just this alone. As I can't him getting banned for that alone if WG did see the replay. Or one report alone. As if he got banned after that battle, it could simply be for multiple reports of late vs this alone.

If it was there, something tells me most would still be the one getting banned. As in taking matters into their own hands for it to make much of a difference.

LethalWalou #17 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35767 battles

View Postperegrine, on 18 June 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

I stopped moving yes. Why? Because if you watch the video you will realize that i spent every second before that turning away from him and the other idiots that can't drive. He put me in that position. And nothing I did is against any public definition of physics abuse. Or are you trying to tell someone pit maneuvering me and then continuing to drive into me is my fault?

You might want to watch the video again and pay attention in which way I am turning during every bit of this. But than again I know two objects can't be in the same place unlike the guy that pushed me.

You might want to revisit the video yourself and think again how yoiu describe the events. We both know that you stopped there out of spite and the CS noticed it too. An innocent person would have at that point tried to just reverse out for example, or calmed down much earlier. It helps no one that people push and block each others at the start. Care to explain why you kept going even though there was a huge mess there?

Edited by LethalWalou, 18 June 2020 - 08:44 PM.

Bordhaw #18 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16380 battles

View Postperegrine, on 18 June 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

Spoiler

Sorry cant help you ?

NekoPuffer_PPP #19 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37005 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostLethalWalou, on 18 June 2020 - 08:43 PM, said:

We both know that you stopped there out of spite and the CS noticed it too.

Spite?

That was not spite.

It was out of utter exasperation.

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 June 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

For all we know, he got banned for several reports stacking up, vs just this alone. As I can't him getting banned for that alone if WG did see the replay. Or one report alone. As if he got banned after that battle, it could simply be for multiple reports of late vs this alone.

If it's physics abuse, all it takes is one politely written report to net you a 3-day ban.

An innocent person would have at that point tried to just reverse out for example.

A sensible person would not have kept their W key glued to their keyboard while their tank is attempting to drive through the side of another tank.

Care to explain why you kept going even though there was a huge mess there?

Care to explain why the pusher kept pushing?

Stop protecting the trolls who got OP banned...

LethalWalou #20 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35767 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 18 June 2020 - 09:43 PM, said:

Spite?

That was not spite.

It was out of utter exasperation

If it's physics abuse, all it takes is one politely written report to net you a 3-day ban.

A sensible person would not have kept their W key glued to their keyboard while their tank is attempting to drive through the side of another tank.

Care to explain why the pusher kept pushing?

Stop protecting the trolls who got OP banned...

A sensible person would have recognized that the other person kept doing it and avoided them, or avoided others at the start already. OP although just kept at it himself and out of spite stopped in front of the other person. You've never heard the expression 'Two wrongs don't make a right'?` I tip my hat to the CS person who banned OP as I suspect it was OPs own report that got himself banned, like we've seen a few times in past.

And who exactly am I protecting? Especially when I already said:

View PostLethalWalou, on 18 June 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users