How would you like to see WoT in the future?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Venatacia #1 Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39578 battles

I sit here at my PC desk thinking how I would love to have a more realistic tank game rather than this childish racing car game, no offence to people who love racing car games but this is meant to be a tank game "World of Tanks".

When World of War Planes came out it was the same thing but it got me to thinking how I would love these games to be.

Imagine a tank game in VR where you and your friends actually sit inside the tank and operate it. Hearing bullets hit and bounce off the tank, hopefully a shell that bounces off. The noise of the engine. Each of you communicating to each other and probably screaming like a little girl when things go wrong.. haha. The gun firing with the ring of the shell casing pinging out. The tracks traveling across the ground with the tank rumbling around you and through your seat. Much much more could be talked about but trying not to make this a long post.

I'm playing WoT on a 9 year old PC and I don't have any enthusiasm to up grade my PC. Have the money for new PC but these games of today I personally find boring, maybe it's just me at my age having played games for over 40 years. What do you guys and girls think ?.

Kdingo #2 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles
Quite nice that wot to this day still runs playable on potato pcs. i guess we would likely loose plenty of players by cranking up the requirements.

Not really much of a vr fan myself, tech is still to far into its infancy to be really considered an "upgrade", at least imo.

And a game where multiple people have to control one tank would be something i would barely ever play. Sounds like something you end up doing drunk with friends once every full moon at most.
With random people? eeeeekkkk. I want to know if my driver is competent and not some random pleb who forgot his medication and broadcasts hitler speeches over the forced voicecom.

The game looks fine enough... they just need to get a grip on balancing and get rid of all the broken/powercreeped nonsense.
But this ain't going to happen imo, as purposely breaking things to increase sells/interest is wgs work mantra.

p6kk #3 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27534 battles
This game has no future because this game is not an e-sports game. Shoot the gold and win, it's silly and stupid

Kdingo #4 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postp6kk, on 18 June 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

This game has no future because this game is not an e-sports game. Shoot the gold and win, it's silly and stupid

There is only one gun in the entire game (that i am aware off) you can consider pay to win, but i doubt you even know it.

wsatnutter #5 Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postp6kk, on 18 June 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

and your still playing it ? and that makes you?

p6kk #6 Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27534 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 18 June 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

and your still playing it ? and that makes you?

if somebody shoot me gold ammo i press ESC and leave the battle

i like tanks, i dont like cheaters, goldspammers, poor game skill players.

Edited by p6kk, 18 June 2020 - 07:21 PM.

Ratriq #7 Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenatacia, on 18 June 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

Imagine a tank game in VR where you and your friends actually sit inside the tank and operate it. Hearing bullets hit and bounce off the tank, hopefully a shell that bounces off. The noise of the engine. Each of you communicating to each other and probably screaming like a little girl when things go wrong.. haha. The gun firing with the ring of the shell casing pinging out. The tracks traveling across the ground with the tank rumbling around you and through your seat. Much much more could be talked about but trying not to make this a long post.

I do feel like if this is how you want WoT to play or have the option to play it like this, War Thunder might be a better option, since that kind of realism is only something I can currently see in War Thunder.

But yeah, a bit more realism somewhat would be nice in WoT, since when I last checked cars can't take multiple shots from f-ing tanks and can't keep on driving if a wheel gets it like it's nothing, I think some people get what I mean, cough.

_Anarchistic_ #8 Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49501 battles

the same thing everybody has been calling for from day 1

remove all pay to win, gold ammo, premium consumables, premium kits etc

remove arty

balance the game

better maps, bigger as well

be quicker sorting bugs etc

respect their customers

edit  make the tiger armour actually work, this tank has been so historically wrong or ever, be nice if it actually played like it fought !!  so I guess be more historical/accurate, especially armour

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 19 June 2020 - 10:19 AM.

Frostilicus #9 Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:37 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24191 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Give the powercrept tanks a bit of love to make them a viable choice in battles.

2 tiers of random battles - one for the tryhards and one for those who don't care :)

Close the forums and General chat :)

Marlekin #10 Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:51 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 34004 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

I think that in the future, where most techlines have already been expanded as far as they can go, WG will will have to create revenue from other sources other than adding new tech lines. WG could develop more customisation options for players which would be purchaseable with gold. An ingame editor for custom, self made decals, inscriptions and 3d styles?  

The rebalancing of techlines to remove powercreep could also help with WoT's current reputation issues. Alot of premium tonks dont follow the old "as good as same tier techtree tank" rule anymore. Premium ammo spam should be restricted or ammo types reworked. WoT has developed somewhat of a pay2win and "russia uber alles" reputation, which cant be good for a game's longevity. 

And arty.. Its always been a problem. Its like WG created this class, players became invested and now WG doesnt know what to do with it. First they were too strong. Now they are too annoying and numerous on high tiers games. A constant in this game's life has been the hate on the arty class. One can only wonder whats coming next for our clicker friends. 

Too bad that WG isnt more transparent about their future plans. 

kejmo #11 Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38877 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS
I see the brilliant balance that Yuriy, Igor and Anton will implement, like we have it today.

Chuwt #12 Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47871 battles

WoT is never going to be a pure, immersive VR simulation, nor do I think it should be...better to start from scratch with a new game.

However, i would like to see the current trend, which i feel is away from "realism", reversed. I know some say it is an arcade game (it isnt really, far too much trouble has been spent on accuracy and it is too slow paced to actually be one), but if there is going to be creap, let it be towards, not away from the historical.

I would like to see new camoflage, for example, being at least quasi historical, I would like to see those tanks which were actually real, serving vechicles emphasised ove "concept designs". I would also like to see attempts to balance tanks tend towards the historical, not away..even if it means adjusting tier or whatever. If a gun or other option is going to be removed from a tank for some reason, remove the one it never had, not the historical one.If the historical gun is no use in both history and game, maybe downtier the tank. If it was actually a good gun, but is not well represented in the game, improve it, even if the tank then requires uptiering.

If there is going to be a new mode, temporary or otherwise, maybe it could be at least somewhat historical..the latest "sturm tiger" mode is a good example of what I dont like..an historical tank, just, (I think less than 10 were built) which was actually really nothing more than a long range demolition charge. Suddenly, there are whole teams of them, the historically very limited ammo is greatly increased, the limited speed is now stupidly boosted, and the wjhole thing is just a giant set of dogems with guns: not even arcade, but positively cartoon. If I had wanted to play a cartoon game, there are plenty out there, I would have joined one. I really dont like skins, etc, inspired by bands, fantasy games etc, another one for the bin in my book.

An example of an historical mode would be a Western Desert one, where you could play only a limited range of tanks that participated, either ones you own, or get a loan tank for the event, which you could keep after with its experience etc on easy terms. This could be rotated with a Blitzkrieg, a Russian front early, mid and late, etc etc...it would give an additional point to owning and playing historical tanks.

In my WoT, the game would creep towards the historical, in time this would have a real effect..and for me at least would be an improvement. .

Alcoholic_Hellhound #13 Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

Maybe in far future, if there was some VR simulator that would feel like real life combat, I would LOVE to try WW1, WW2, and Vietnam despite how horrific it was. And talking about tanks, if in the far future existed such game/project, if you would have option to try also tank crew, Tiger as german, Sherman, Sheridan in Vietnam. 

But for WoT, I like it how it is. Arcade tank shooter, that really requires to learn everything there is about the game in order to be competitive, and that you have to have some strategic thinking in order to be good, so sadly I will be stuck on my stats forever I guess. Really, you have to have some strategic thinking and ability to adapt, like great generals and leaders of the past. Cuz when I watch unicorns sometimes, their moves and thinking, .. just insane.

Edited by Pathethicc_Noob, 19 June 2020 - 02:55 PM.

UserZer00 #14 Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles
I'd just like it to stick around, without going too much further down the slippery slope of OPd tanks, gimmicky tanks, etc.

Move back towards the basic core gameplay and keep the graphics and skins up to date with computer advances.

P33K #15 Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28129 battles
  • [YOKE_] YOKE_
I'd like to see wot without wheelies. But in general, it would do this game some good to decrease the pace at least a bit.

Rebalancing the tree would be nice too.

AlphaTango_81 #16 Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26701 battles
Dead!

ChuckNorris_s_Father #17 Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 54046 battles
  • [QLTY] QLTY
I would like to see it on youtube sometimes in the morning while I sit on the toilet.And that future is very close.:trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users