Jump to content


Wn8

Wn8

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

_BEAST_from_HELL_ #1 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:30 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 245 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016
hello clan member wn8 affects clan ranking?

wsatnutter #2 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27651 battles
  • 10,480
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
how do you mean will your clan place in ranking be affected by wn8?

_BEAST_from_HELL_ #3 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:34 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 245 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016
will a bad player rating hurt the clan?

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:04 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,177
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Post_BEAST_from_HELL_, on 19 June 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

will a bad player rating hurt the clan?

Depends on what you mean with 'hurt the clan'.



Ratriq #5 Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:18 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6894 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View Post_BEAST_from_HELL_, on 19 June 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

will a bad player rating hurt the clan?

Don't quote me on this but if I remember correctly clans can be ranked by stats/wn8 yes, so it could put you lower down on some clan ranking if that's your worry. But I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure at least it works like that.



qpranger #6 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:11 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,014
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Wn8 affects everything in life. The higher your Wn8, the better is your salary, physical well-being and marital matchmaking.

Private_Miros #7 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30063 battles
  • 11,948
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Post_BEAST_from_HELL_, on 19 June 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

will a bad player rating hurt the clan?

 

WN8 is a third party rating that correlates with player skill but isn't perfect by any means (IMO, still better than personal rating). While someone with 3000 WN8 he isn't necessarily better than someone with 2500 WN8 (that depends heavily on the tanks played) you cannot really get bad WN8 (sub-1000) without being a bad player. Recent (~1000 battles) is what is relevant here of course, not overall account stats. Since a player can improve, or can come back from a long hiatus and not be as good anymore.

 

So if you ask whether having a bad score in a third party rating has an effect on something in game? No.

 

If you are asking whether having a bad or horrible player in a clan has an effect? Well, it has the effect of having a bad or horrible player in that clan.


Edited by Private_Miros, 19 June 2020 - 08:16 AM.


_BEAST_from_HELL_ #8 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:14 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 245 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016

View Postqpranger, on 19 June 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

Wn8 affects everything in life. The higher your Wn8, the better is your salary, physical well-being and marital matchmaking.

on a personal know, but how about a clan?



qpranger #9 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:56 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,014
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Post_BEAST_from_HELL_, on 19 June 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

on a personal know, but how about a clan?

 

Well, my Wn8 earned me the clan commander position.



divsmo #10 Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40906 battles
  • 881
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012

View Post_BEAST_from_HELL_, on 19 June 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

on a personal know, but how about a clan?

If you're talking about in game clan ratings i believe it is done by personnal rating rather than WN8. That said if a player has a bad WN8 score they probably have a bad PR as well. I'm not 100% sure though as i've never looked as i'm in a clan which is more about the social aspect than anything else.



IntruderFI #11 Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:59 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 54309 battles
  • 720
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View Post_BEAST_from_HELL_, on 19 June 2020 - 08:30 AM, said:

hello clan member wn8 affects clan ranking?

 

Yes kick all bad clan members now



TheDrownedApe #12 Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53763 battles
  • 6,876
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

SOOOO.

 

On Wn8 sites (such as wotlife, wotlabs) the clan Wn8 is a reflection of the mean rating

 

inside the game clans are rated on their ELO ( i think) and that is based on their success in team events (again i think). But i think you can also rate clans by their PR and again this will be the mean PR so yes a "bad" player by PR will affect your rating. BUt no one really cares, including me hence i don't really know how it works



Hyina #13 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:05 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 67254 battles
  • 699
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View Postdivsmo, on 19 June 2020 - 09:02 AM, said:

If you're talking about in game clan ratings i believe it is done by personnal rating rather than WN8. That said if a player has a bad WN8 score they probably have a bad PR as well. I'm not 100% sure though as i've never looked as i'm in a clan which is more about the social aspect than anything else.

 

I've come across players bragging about their PR in battle (11.6k) yet play like complete donkeys and wn8 sub 2k, not sure how that works tbh.



Xeideo #14 Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 40225 battles
  • 1,911
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011

WN8 say nothing about the Player because its any to old system (~7 Years) and over the years ppl learn to fake this stats. It got many errors in there calculation because WG changed many Classes and game style but WN8 never really reacted on that chances.

 

Today you see so many guys playing tanks with broken WN8 only to hold there Faked 2k+ WN8 but non of them really can win a 1vs2 fight. You only can see if a Player is good or Bad by playing with him together for some days.

 

So WN8 doesn't count to any WG rating system.

 

But if you play stronghold Matches with your Clan Member than the Matchmaker watch your Clan elo + your Team WGrating average.

(There are also many FAKE WGraing guys out there who pushed this stats by Playing old 7vs7 Matches but WG deactivated this Game mode)



ZlatanArKung #15 Posted 20 June 2020 - 12:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,177
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostXeideo, on 19 June 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

WN8 say nothing about the Player because its any to old system (~7 Years) and over the years ppl learn to fake this stats. It got many errors in there calculation because WG changed many Classes and game style but WN8 never really reacted on that chances.

 

Today you see so many guys playing tanks with broken WN8 only to hold there Faked 2k+ WN8 but non of them really can win a 1vs2 fight. You only can see if a Player is good or Bad by playing with him together for some days.

 

So WN8 doesn't count to any WG rating system.

 

But if you play stronghold Matches with your Clan Member than the Matchmaker watch your Clan elo + your Team WGrating average.

(There are also many FAKE WGraing guys out there who pushed this stats by Playing old 7vs7 Matches but WG deactivated this Game mode)

The only reason you ever win a 1v2 fight (if tanks are from same tier and at same health) is if the 2 players are terrible.



LethalWalou #16 Posted 20 June 2020 - 12:48 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36188 battles
  • 3,737
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 19 June 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

SOOOO.

 

On Wn8 sites (such as wotlife, wotlabs) the clan Wn8 is a reflection of the mean rating

 

inside the game clans are rated on their ELO ( i think) and that is based on their success in team events (again i think). But i think you can also rate clans by their PR and again this will be the mean PR so yes a "bad" player by PR will affect your rating. BUt no one really cares, including me hence i don't really know how it works

 

To explain it bit further, clan ELO is based on the battles/advances. It's nothing more complicated than losing ELO if you lose and gaining if you win. The larger the ELO difference of the clans is the more ELO you lose/gain from the battle. ELO determines in CWs the MM, on a landing tournaments first round the clans are matched based on ELO, the highest ELO rating clans will fight each others on first round.

 

The PR rating affects the MM of normal clan battles, skirmishes and advances. The higher average PR of your team makes it more likely to have a high PR enemy. The MM also takes into account which clan you or your clan's other team has played against, you won't meet the same clan twice in a row or twice in a day (can't remember this exactly)



Kdingo #17 Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33415 battles
  • 9,083
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostXeideo, on 19 June 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

WN8 say nothing about the Player because its any to old system (~7 Years) and over the years ppl learn to fake this stats. It got many errors in there calculation because WG changed many Classes and game style but WN8 never really reacted on that chances.

 

Today you see so many guys playing tanks with broken WN8 only to hold there Faked 2k+ WN8 but non of them really can win a 1vs2 fight. You only can see if a Player is good or Bad by playing with him together for some days.

 

So WN8 doesn't count to any WG rating system.

 

But if you play stronghold Matches with your Clan Member than the Matchmaker watch your Clan elo + your Team WGrating average.

(There are also many FAKE WGraing guys out there who pushed this stats by Playing old 7vs7 Matches but WG deactivated this Game mode)

 

Any statistic looses value when people are aware of/care about it, as this leads inevitably to a change in behavior.

 

And while there are some "padding" their wn8 in certain tanks to appear better then they are. (even so a "padded" 2k+ wn8 rating would indicate someone failing to try hard).

But wn8 was never intended to be used solely but to provide information in a condensed way to supplement the available statistics, like wr, dpg, etc.



Robbie_T #18 Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:03 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22919 battles
  • 1,551
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

I know if you check on clans theres a average winrate of the clan.determend by the average winrate of all clan members.

Not wn8 on official Wot sites.

But in the clan i am in You not getting in under 48%winrate and 18+in age 

(or somebody in the clan must know you or be a warschips player and want to do some tanks)

 







Also tagged with Wn8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users