I never said that

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Alcoholic_Hellhound #1 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

Map balance, tanks balance (with all the tanks on X Y different tiers in this game game) is easy to make, but...

How could anybody who has some commmon sense or is some average player defend Wargaming in this? It takes 5 years of data collecting to realize that some tank is so much underpowered by X Y numbers, % ? It takes so much effort to realize that some tanks are just a joke? Like RHM PZW? Like seriously? I wont include bad maps here, I wrote several articles or things how is that in english that to make balanced and good looking maps, ... must be really, really hard, but seriously  if there is some WG department of tanks balancing it must be bunch of drunks !

If you had a some slightly above averave player, with account that has all the tanks lets say on tier 5 +, they could make a least some propossal what to buff and what to nerf using the common sense and logic. No I am serious. 

I never said I some great player, I never said anything about that... but you know what, I can tell you which tanks suck and which you can play drunk and still do well, gimme acc with all the tanks, ill make you statistics notes. WG is joke nothing else in the game/tanks balance. 

WoW - ye, some patches or expansions a certain class was OP as hell, so you know what? The next patch or expansions some effort was made to balance it all.. Unlike this game.

Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36234 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Ratriq #3 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
WoT Object 279 (e) missions | WOT Assist Boosting Service

:hiding:

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Anybody knows what the record for posts in a day is?

Ratriq #5 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 19 June 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

I think mine own personal record is a good 4 or 5 lol

kaneloon #6 Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33197 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD
Riot is also pathetic when balancing new champions or rebalancing old ones - but at least anyone has easily access to any champion ...

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36234 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

When sufficiently well oiled I can manage hundreds

Alcoholic_Hellhound #8 Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

So what? I could make a hundred post spam about incompetence of a joke of a company online games developer called WG. But when you think about it.. why not. WG is such a joke in some things in this game that it would be only justified. Tier X for example is nothining more than a joke.

malachi6 #9 Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

How does one use common sense to design a map or balance tanks?  How can I know that what you want is in the best interest of the game and not in your best interest?  Why should I trust what you say when your signature states you enjoy trolling people and created your name just for that purpose?  

Common sense is an oft misused term.  People appear to use it to mean it is something everybody should know.  However, if you have never come across a situation, especially an esoteric one like game design and balance, then the term is redundant.  Consider that best for you is not necessarily best for the game and that while you are disappointed with how WG handles their game.  WG is trying to develop a game that appeals to as broad an audience as possible and actively entertains slightly more than 50% of those that do play.  If that is WG's parameter, how do you know they are not achieving it and that, unfortunately, you are not actually in the demographic WG are catering to?

Bulldog_Drummond #10 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36234 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postmalachi6, on 20 June 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

How does one use common sense to design a map or balance tanks?  How can I know that what you want is in the best interest of the game and not in your best interest?  Why should I trust what you say when your signature states you enjoy trolling people and created your name just for that purpose?  

Common sense is an oft misused term.  People appear to use it to mean it is something everybody should know.  However, if you have never come across a situation, especially an esoteric one like game design and balance, then the term is redundant.  Consider that best for you is not necessarily best for the game and that while you are disappointed with how WG handles their game.  WG is trying to develop a game that appeals to as broad an audience as possible and actively entertains slightly more than 50% of those that do play.  If that is WG's parameter, how do you know they are not achieving it and that, unfortunately, you are not actually in the demographic WG are catering to?

This is the key, isn't it?

I don't have a TV on the basis that what is on it is rubbish, yet on average people in the UK spend 4 hours a day watching it, so it clearly has some appeal.  Advertisers could try and target me but if they did they would go bust.

Similarly WG could restructure the game so that it worked to the satisfaction of the top 1% of players, and if they did so it would cease to be viable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users