Berlin map is worse than Paris and Minsk

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44014 battles

WG you keep making an effort to create bad maps, and makes people wonder who are the "genius" behind such decisions

and terrible map design...

first, let's talk about what makes a map BAD, and that doesn't have nothing to do with aesthetics or how it looks, despite some people

in your design team may think thats the case.

Berlin map is terrible, its like watching those football games when 2 teams must defend to survive and are destinated to end 0-0...

because there are no offensive dynamics what so ever in this map... you can't play aggressively in any area of the map, its a dynamical disaster

you play the map agressively you die. because you create a map that is mostly made of defensive strong points...

Even worse, you create map with a stupid enounter mode where the cap zone is inside a bunker where people can shot in all directions...

meaning first team to get inside the bunker with 2 or 3 tanks wins, because all the others who try to cross an open field to decap will die! 

And you can even tell who ever came with the idea of placing an encounter mode in this map don't play the game...

because encounter modes only make sense to try to deviate people from camping, and force them to play more agressively... but

in this map you cant...

So you place a heavy tank area with lots of defensive windows for heavy tanks with gun depression to have advantage...

and then there are no pushing areas for any one who wants to play agressively... its a mess, 

terrible design... way worse than Minsk and Paris

And its not even the fact the map is new or the meta for it is not yet defined... this map is doomed to be either removed or completely reworked

because its terrible absolutely boring and everytime i spawn in this map i wish i wasn't playing it...

So i am from now on BLOCK IT... and its the first one i will ever block, despite there are other map full of flaws in the game...

Its just terrible, and specially broken in encounter mode.

I really think its hatefull your design choices... recently you try to come with this absurd idea that you can create city maps, but with pseudo areas for light tanks... which are not that great for light tanks either, just like Paris...  its boring zone for TD's to camp and shot who ever is stupid enough to gon in those areas...

The same stupid mistakes of Paris, Kharkov etc etc.

STOP DOING It... ffs, either its a city map, or an open map, just stop with this absolutely crap design choices you do, clearly from people  who never play this game seriously or are good with it in first place 

stop it, its just terrible... horrible experience and boring as F! 

So many decent maps were removed from the game after the 1.0 that were at the very least way better than this... 

this map makes me think the old Stalingrad was good despite it wasn't... 

even Winterstorm... the old kharkov etc etc

by now i am afraid even to see this maps re-introduced in the game, judging from the stupidity you did with the new Karkhov map

which is another one i hate...

All your new maps are riddled with either hull down defensive positions or defensive positions in windows, that are no more than areas

that invite players to go there, and stay there as long as they can to make use of it to farm people...

Its stupid, this completely ruin the dynamic of the gameplay...

Its almost like one team had 1 month to prepare defensive positions to defend vs a much superior invading force... when its not the case

its a FKing 15 vs 15, its not Kursk... its a damn 15 vs 15 game, and you ruin the maps by placing stupid rubble in corners everywhere

like calling everyone stupid to invite them to go there and say

"see... this where you are suposed to be... take your tank into this rubble that coincidently is the size of your hull so you can shot the idiots

safely... and camp here for 15 minutes if you are in a Super Conqueror"

Not smart at all, not good for the gameplay at all... when previously the old maps mostly never had those "exploit" areas, they were balanced in other ways, they had strong points... but not stupid in a way that were so dumb down like this.

and i feel Berlin maps its the glorification of this... its a map stronghold map, its like it was designed for a team of defensive tanks sustain an entire army, which in real life it was... but that's not the point, here you are trying to do a 15 vs 15 battle, where the battle should be dynamic

Heavies should be heavies, TD's should be Td's etc etc

If you create a map where players only can achieve results by playing defensively than its not a good map, even worse if there are encounter modes in it. 

Wont even ask you to fix it or change it, because its useless, this is just really a rant. 

Edited by KillingJoker, 20 June 2020 - 02:22 PM.

_Anarchistic_ #2 Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49483 battles

sorry, Berlin a good map

my only query is why a city map that has been bombed and bombed and firebombed has so much greenery in it !!

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 20 June 2020 - 02:25 PM.

Galan7891 #3 Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11089 battles
There is plenty of cover in the "field" for a push though...Provided there is support by your team that is.Much better than certain corridor maps or certain maps with open fields and cover only for the defenders.

xx984 #4 Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68809 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT
eh paris and minsk are great so not really saying much 

TheJungleBeast #5 Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14047 battles
They made the map so big but the actual acitve areas are two very small zones, the bit in the city where 4 heavies try to share the same hull down, or the bush row near the redline in the field, not very dynamic game play at all.

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postxx984, on 20 June 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

eh paris and minsk are great so not really saying much 

If you play hull down tanks and just waits for enemy to go forward, then they are indeed great.

tokarevs #7 Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21740 battles
  • [LVTD] LVTD
Yes, the map is very bad. And its not a city map, because most of it is just a bombed field with trenches and 1 bunker in middle, it just sucks. 

saxsan4 #8 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25513 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
Paris is one of the best maps in the game and Minsk is very much playable 

xx984 #9 Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68809 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View PostZlatanArKung, on 20 June 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

If you play hull down tanks and just waits for enemy to go forward, then they are indeed great.

Minsk and paris are some of my favourites to get in paper mediums lol

StronkiTonki #10 Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36196 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST
Bruh, the map's been out for just a week. Give it more time to build a meta.

Ratriq #11 Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6885 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Call me a madman but I actually like Paris and Minsk is quite okay in my book, Berlin in my 2 or 3 games as of yet seems really fun too, since you are fighting and taking cover inside of bombed buildings, not hiding behind them or anything. It's for sure a new/unique way of fighting at least and I'm all for new maps that aren't carbon copies of each other.

oo0oo0oooo0oo0o #12 Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31259 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET
I love Minsk. But Paris was disabled for me. But I exchanged it with Berlin. Berlin is god damn horrible. Paris is at least playable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users