Jump to content


New account questions

bootcamp new account

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Venom7000 #1 Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9075 battles
  • 896
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018
Guys, thought I heard /read before that new WOT accounts now get a tier 5 (or 6) tank when they finish Bootcamp.

Is this still true?

I have a brother who wants to start WOT and I dont want him to lose his time in tier 1-3

Homer_J #2 Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33938 battles
  • 38,484
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

You have to complete the tutorial and the bootcamp missions then you get to unlock a tier VI tank for free.

 

But you'll be past tier III by then.



Venom7000 #3 Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9075 battles
  • 896
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostHomer_J, on 20 June 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

You have to complete the tutorial and the bootcamp missions then you get to unlock a tier VI tank for free.

 

But you'll be past tier III by then.


Problem is that I have virtually zero tanks to use in such lower tiers to teach or help him. So I need him at tier 5 min. So we can form a genuine platoon.


So he need to finish bootcamp... good to know :)
Wish I had this instead of sloging thru 1-4 tiers.



Spurtung #4 Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:54 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 82263 battles
  • 8,445
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

He can also use these codes when registering:

 

  • YOGSCAST – Tank V Excelsior + 1000 gold + 7 days premium account
  • WOTREDDIT2018 or REDDITFOREVER – Tank V Churchill III + 500 gold + 7 days premium account


mjs_89 #5 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11540 battles
  • 1,284
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017
IIRC one of the missions in Bootcamp requires you to have a tier 5, so he won't be skipping much...

splash_time #6 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17044 battles
  • 2,228
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

A free RENTAL T6 (T-34-85M), for a week or so, i don't remember exactly. Best thing would be to invite him as your recruit and you both will use from it. He'll get the rental and a free T7 that you can choose for him. And AFAIK, the AT 15A is a good tank at T7. :)

 



qpranger #7 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,756
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Mark my words, soon bootcampers will be offered the Defender. Desperate times ahead.

Homer_J #8 Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33938 battles
  • 38,484
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostVenom7000, on 20 June 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:


Problem is that I have virtually zero tanks to use in such lower tiers to teach or help him. So I need him at tier 5 min. So we can form a genuine platoon.
 

 

Can't you empty a garage slot and start a new line so you can play together?

 

Failing that create a new account yourself.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:24 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37251 battles
  • 6,377
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostVenom7000, on 20 June 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:


Problem is that I have virtually zero tanks to use in such lower tiers to teach or help him. So I need him at tier 5 min. So we can form a genuine platoon.
 

 

Buy a few of the collectors tanks.

 

Even better, add him as a referral account and not only will he get the referral bonuses he'll be able to pick up a tier 7? premium tank for freebies later on.


Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 21 June 2020 - 11:25 AM.


baratoz1701 #10 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27972 battles
  • 454
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

so u wanna get him into a tier 6, which normally fights tier 8s, as soon as possible, so he can learn the cold hard truth that unless you know how to play the game you will get roflstomped constantly........

 

do you by chance hate your brother?



UserZer00 #11 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14971 battles
  • 1,222
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View Postbaratoz1701, on 21 June 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

so u wanna get him into a tier 6, which normally fights tier 8s, as soon as possible, so he can learn the cold hard truth that unless you know how to play the game you will get roflstomped constantly........

 

do you by chance hate your brother?

Tough love?



Venom7000 #12 Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9075 battles
  • 896
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View Postbaratoz1701, on 21 June 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

so u wanna get him into a tier 6, which normally fights tier 8s, as soon as possible, so he can learn the cold hard truth that unless you know how to play the game you will get roflstomped constantly........

 

do you by chance hate your brother?

1. Todays corona & weekend influx of 2000player rating 45k games players. Shows that upper tiers are now more occupied by incompetent players than not. So higher tiers arent exactly unicum only now sadly ... :(

 

2. You dont learn anything from 1-4 tier. Guns are criminally inaccurate, meta is run and gun. Sealclubbers shoot gold. No armor, so no opportunity to learn armor angling. 

 

Wot realized that lower tiers are broken and useless. They are also bad for the new players. Who play first 3 4 tiers and believe that this is how the game plays.

 

I knew this to be false. So I slogged thru tier 1-4. Despite confusing and frustrating me more than anything. 

 

Tier 5 kv1 is where the actual school starts for everything.

 

13:33 Added after 3 minute

P.s- anyways guys. I got my answers. So thank you all for promo codes and advice.

 

We can sit here and talk all day about newcomers and what to do with them and tier 1-4 tanks. But I rather not.

Nothing usable will come out of this debate. :)


Edited by Venom7000, 21 June 2020 - 02:30 PM.


24doom24 #13 Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9571 battles
  • 1,937
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

Found in a reddit thread:

 

 

1. open https://track.wg-aff...=mygamepluscom  , if it doesn't open use incognito mode (600 gold, M22 Locust)

2. click on the "Have an invite code?" field and use the invite  code YOGSCAST (excelsior, 1k gold, 7 days premium)

3. fill out the registration

4. BEFORE LOGGING INTO THE GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME confirm the email and activate codes ORLIK and TANKSHOT (T-127, Pz S35)

5. Complete the tutorial (500 gold, 7 days premium and tier 3 tech tree tank with sixth sense commander)

6. accept referral contract. 



Venom7000 #14 Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9075 battles
  • 896
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View Post24doom24, on 21 June 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Found in a reddit thread:

 

 

1. open https://track.wg-aff...=mygamepluscom  , if it doesn't open use incognito mode (600 gold, M22 Locust)

2. click on the "Have an invite code?" field and use the invite  code YOGSCAST (excelsior, 1k gold, 7 days premium)

3. fill out the registration

4. BEFORE LOGGING INTO THE GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME confirm the email and activate codes ORLIK and TANKSHOT (T-127, Pz S35)

5. Complete the tutorial (500 gold, 7 days premium and tier 3 tech tree tank with sixth sense commander)

6. accept referral contract. 


:great:







Also tagged with bootcamp, new account

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users