Equipment, to fix or capitalize on tanks performance?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12234 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Heyo :)

well in the current equipment set up you only have few usable options that you can use on a tank. but with the upcoming equipment 2.0. we get more options on what to do. (dont know if that is a thing or not anymore, could not even find the OP in the news section anymore, so dont know if has been scrapped or not.) 

So i've been thinking on this for a long time and never been able to settle down with one or the other, should i

A: use the equipment that i have to try to fix the tanks issues and problems?

B: use the equipment that i have to capitalize on the tanks performance and make it even better than it already is at the one or 2 things?

I have looked at it on case by case basis

Take example the Panther. if you look at the wiki the suggested equipment for that are, Rammer/Vents + Camo net and Binos. to that suit its playstyle and try to put a bandage on the Panthers poor camo rating.

but i went with the more direct route trying to make the Panther as good as i could in gunning down the enemy

Spoiler

as before recently i did try to make the Panther less bad in hiding by giving it a camo net and binos to make it a really good bush sniper, but i threw those to out and adapted a more flexible build and i invested everything i had in dpm and DPM, AND EVEN MORE DPM! :izmena: as that RoF is one of the Panthers strong suits.

and so far it i think i made the Panther into the perfect killing machine, capable of pew pew'ing everyone it meets from afar with a less than 3 second reload and amazing accuracy.

But something like the WZ-120 that does not have the best aim time or accuracy on the top gun, i've trying to fix that problem with Vents, Vstabs and GLD to not make it so painful.

so whcih is the path you have chosen on your tanks?

do you make the tank even better on that one or two things it already is? ELC EVEN with Camo Net and Vents Binos so that it gets the best camo rating it can?

or do you try to fix the problems that the tank has? Toolbox to lessen the fear of getting perma tracked on the T95? or a wet ammorack to save yourself from ammorack damage on someting like the Super Pershing or Centurion 5/1?

and even more options are aviable in the changes if they ever hit the life servers.

Kdingo #2 Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles
Viewrange nearly above all else.
If i would rebuy the kv1 i would run it with vents, rammer, binos.
Rammer is a no brainer, except for t-34 where i used optics, vents, binos.

Also i never ran my panther with camo and binos... what a waste. optics, rammer, vents.

All equipments except for binos, optics, rammer, vents, vstabs are essentially waste of space to me.

LethalWalou #3 Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35862 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 20 June 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

so whcih is the path you have chosen on your tanks?

My philosophy has been to value viewrange over everything. This means I tend to have optics in tanks that most wouldn't even think to have them. It was originally because I didn't run food on any tank, but now that I do I could let go of that philosophy. It still is nice to spot before getting spotted. Viewrange is useful for both agressive and defensive plays and works wonders for gun marks. :)

mjs_89 #4 Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11509 battles
  • [95137] 95137

Here's the news article https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/sandbox-equipment-2-0/

As far as I know, the test was completed and the collected data is being analysed now. Pretty sure we'll get 1-2 more sandbox/test iterations before it goes live, and there are some things that need to be fixed imo.

To answer your question, I don't think there are many options (now or after the rework) that are better than the usual Rammer + Vents/VStab/Optics + Vents/VStab/Optics. Sure, there'll be some niche cases where some other setup might be more effective, but I find it really hard to believe that sacrificing DPM and/or VR for some minor buff to another category is worth it. Personally (assuming the current version of Equip 2.0 goes live), there's not much that'll change for my tanks, besides TDs that can no longer equip Optics (most likely will get Improved Aiming Units), SPGs wich I'll run with either Rammer/GLD/Vents or Rammer/GLD/Improved Aiming Units and the Even 90 wich will go from Optics/Vents/Binos to Optics/Vents/Low Noise Exhaust System. Everything else is just a neat gimmick or meme build imo.

Edit: Not sure what to do with low-tier tanks that'll get the number of slots reduced, but I doubt I'll choose anything over Rammer/Vents/Optics.

Edit 2: To clarify, the TDs mentioned above are those wich currently run both Optics and Binos, there's not a snowballs chance in hell I'll play any tank without some sort of VR boosting equipment.

Edited by mjs_89, 21 June 2020 - 09:56 AM.

kaneloon #5 Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:00 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33183 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD

@The_Naa I don't know what wiki you looked at, but in the russian one where proposed setups are displayed, you setup is their primary choice :

https://wiki.wargami...G03_PzV_Panther

_Anarchistic_ #6 Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49501 battles

view range always a key, so binos if i cant get to 450m, once i get a good crew with max view range i will swap for optics

I never drop vie range skills/equipment for vents, but sometimes i will drop vstabs on tanks with great  gun handling (T100lt for example) or rammer for tanks with already high dpm for vents (scouts generally)

mjs_89 #7 Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11509 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View Postkaneloon, on 21 June 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

@The_Naa I don't know what wiki you looked at, but in the russian one where proposed setups are displayed, you setup is their primary choice :

https://wiki.wargami...G03_PzV_Panther

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G03_PzV_Panther

English wiki suggests Rammer, Vents, Camo Net and Binos. No clue why though...

Edit: Edited the wiki to show Rammer/Vents/Optics as "suggested equipment"

Edited by mjs_89, 21 June 2020 - 12:15 PM.

Robbie_T #8 Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22750 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Depends on what tank...

Paper tds:  its bino .camo net,rammer.

Assualt tds : heavy armored spall liner optics and rammer

Heavys : Gunstab ,rammer (optics)till crew is better than vents...sometimes i take gld

Super heavys : spall liner rammer optics with a good crew you become a spotter (got huge spotting dmg games in my type 5 before nerf)

meds : rammer vstab optics or switch to vents with good viewrange  ccrew. auto loader with no rammer get vents or gld

LT's depends some i play as spotter than its binos camo net and rammer.

some LT's i play aggresive they get vents vstab  and rammer and the camo and viewrange come from the crew

no_skill_bob #9 Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34615 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

I dont give damn about equipment 2.0, if they release all of that crap, i will simpky keep the current setup, but instead of standard equipment, will use bond/bounty equipment. Wg wins, if i have to spend 150-300 gold per day, let it be so, full p2w then. But to be honest, its seems like more cost effective way than simply getting equipment for every tank you buy. Especially if you have lootbox gold, which was dirt cheap.

This whole idea of giving tanks special equipment slots is not bad, but god damn wg, ok you give maus survivability slots, but why in the hell would you give tanks like 60tp and t57 mobility slots? It just doesbt make any sense. Ok you can you vents in mobility slot, which is one of standard equipment units used on them anyway. But if vents are assigned to mobility party, that doesnt make much sense either, as for autoloaders it the main firepower boost, lol. 

Edited by no_skill_bob, 22 June 2020 - 05:28 AM.

Gruff_ #10 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:11 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26010 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Always a balance between enhancing existing attributes, trying to negate problems and also adapting to suit personal play style in that tank. As you did with your Panther.

I play a number of games with for example bino or toolbox in the 3rd slot and then make a note of what piece of equipment I missed having the most in that game.  I'm doing that now with a heavy deciding between gld vent optic or toolbox after rammer&vert.  Most of the time it's obvious but sometimes more analysis is needed.

Edited by Gruff_, 22 June 2020 - 06:12 AM.

The_Naa #11 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12234 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGruff_, on 22 June 2020 - 06:11 AM, said:

Always a balance between enhancing existing attributes, trying to negate problems and also adapting to suit personal play style in that tank. As you did with your Panther.

I play a number of games with for example bino or toolbox in the 3rd slot and then make a note of what piece of equipment I missed having the most in that game.  I'm doing that now with a heavy deciding between gld vent optic or toolbox after rammer&vert.  Most of the time it's obvious but sometimes more analysis is needed.

indeed, i just drive the tank around usually for 10 games without any equipment untill i pick the ones i think the tank needs.

in Defenders case everything went into gun handling. because the Gun is god awful.

_6i6_ #12 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26177 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

@Naa

ZqzQXzP.png

Why am i not surprised with the decals/stickers on your Panther? :P

The_Naa #13 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12234 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_6i6_, on 23 June 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

@Naa

first off: 

ÄRRRRR! :angry:

View Post_6i6_, on 23 June 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

ZqzQXzP.png

Why am i not surprised with the decals/stickers on your Panther? :P

second:

i like to decorate my tank and make it stand out. i want to be recognized on the battlefield.

if i play the Panther enough and do well in it and make the tank stand out, i hope to get recognized in due time, as had happened in few games already. but its a big game out there so its not that easy. at least some Forumites know the name already. :P

even my name is short and easy to remember on purpose.

and besides, Pansy made me some Teto Decals so im not just going to let that hard work go to waste.

What you see:

Spoiler

what i see:

Spoiler

:rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users