Crew skills for the STB-1

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

roboslash #1 Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13444 battles
  • [-1O1-] -1O1-
What crew skills should I run on the STB-1? I take camo over repairs on my UDES and vice versa on tanks such as the Centurion AX and T-62A, though I am quite unsure on what to prioritize for the japanese T10 medium. 

Spurtung #2 Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:09 AM

General

• Player
  • 82273 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

Use the compare tool to help with that decision.

With the crew trained with BiA and Concealment, with camo directive and using food, on a tank painted with camouflage, you get 30.71% stationary and 23.79% while moving.

Meanwhile, UDES 15/16 gets 33.65% / 25.24% with just BiA and Concealment on the crew, and 39.81% / 30.61% with the same setting.

Edited by Spurtung, 21 June 2020 - 03:11 AM.

roboslash #3 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13444 battles
  • [-1O1-] -1O1-

View PostSpurtung, on 21 June 2020 - 03:09 AM, said:

Use the compare tool to help with that decision.

With the crew trained with BiA and Concealment, with camo directive and using food, on a tank painted with camouflage, you get 30.71% stationary and 23.79% while moving.

Meanwhile, UDES 15/16 gets 33.65% / 25.24% with just BiA and Concealment on the crew, and 39.81% / 30.61% with the same setting.

Thanks. I'm just wondering what I should prioritize first. I usually train BIA for the whole crew, followed by either repairs or camo, then gun handling skills, and then repairs or camo again. The last, 4th set of skills are usually not fully trained. I can get them up to around 60-70% on most of my tanks. 

Is the STB-1 playstyle more camo or repair reliant? It is quite unclear to me what role this tank has, whether it snipes from the back (where camo is useful) or brawls up close (repairs) to succeed in battle.

Edited by roboslash, 21 June 2020 - 11:17 AM.

no_skill_bob #4 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
Comander : Bia, 6TH sense, sit. awarness, camo, recon, repairs, firefighting
Gunner : Bia, camo, snapshot, repairs, deadeye, firefighting
Driver: bia, camo, smooth ride, repairs, offroad driving, firefighting
Loader: bia, camo, repairs, adrenalin rush, safe stow., firefighting.

insanity4u #5 Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16841 battles

View Postroboslash, on 21 June 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

Thanks. I'm just wondering what I should prioritize first. I usually train BIA for the whole crew, followed by either repairs or camo, then gun handling skills, and then repairs or camo again. The last, 4th set of skills are usually not fully trained. I can get them up to around 60-70% on most of my tanks. 

Is the STB-1 playstyle more camo or repair reliant? It is quite unclear to me what role this tank has, whether it snipes from the back (where camo is useful) or brawls up close (repairs) to succeed in battle.

It is a hull down monster so I d take repairs. Do not waste the tank's potential on sniping from behind. Find a hull and make everyone else cry :D

It is one of my favorite tanks.

no_skill_bob #6 Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 21 June 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

It is a hull down monster so I d take repairs. Do not waste the tank's potential on sniping from behind. Find a hull and make everyone else cry :D

It is one of my favorite tanks.

hulldown it is, but you cant rely on stbs turret.

Lanrefni #7 Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:42 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39459 battles

View Postno_skill_bob, on 21 June 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

hulldown it is, but you cant rely on stbs turret.

Since the buff it bounces pretty much everything, just got to keep in mind that the buffed gun dep only works on the front; if you turn to left or right, it will be the -10 again. people often overextend like this.

chainreact0r #8 Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36701 battles

I never understood why people ask for opinions on crew skills.

It is literally the same regardless of the tank without exception.

Sixth Sense > BIA > view range skills > gun handling skills > repairs > firefighting > camo > everything else

Even on sniper tanks which require camo, you usually want repairs as well so you might as well pick that and use the camo directive which is way more efficient than training up the skill anyway.

roboslash #9 Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13444 battles
  • [-1O1-] -1O1-

View PostLanrefni, on 22 June 2020 - 09:42 AM, said:

Since the buff it bounces pretty much everything, just got to keep in mind that the buffed gun dep only works on the front; if you turn to left or right, it will be the -10 again. people often overextend like this.

Exactly the same with the UDES I'm assuming.

View Postchainreact0r, on 22 June 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

Sixth Sense > BIA > view range skills > gun handling skills > repairs > firefighting > camo > everything else

Even on sniper tanks which require camo, you usually want repairs as well so you might as well pick that and use the camo directive which is way more efficient than training up the skill anyway.

Well, not all people can afford directives, or start off with a 3/4 skill crew. Therefore it is useful to know what skills to train first. I would argue that the order in which you prioritize certain skills are not universal for T10 medium tanks.

no_skill_bob #10 Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostLanrefni, on 22 June 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

Against tier 8s maybe.

Lanrefni #11 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:22 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39459 battles

View Postno_skill_bob, on 22 June 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

Against tier 8s maybe.

You don't find a lot of people in this game, who can actually aim with reliable consistency, or even know of the only weakspot STB-1 has in hulldown. Tier 8's do not really stand a chance, unless STB-1 is being in a position where he can be rushed, which then, is his own fault for not being able to read the situation and the map.

no_skill_bob #12 Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View PostLanrefni, on 23 June 2020 - 01:22 AM, said:

You don't find a lot of people in this game, who can actually aim with reliable consistency, or even know of the only weakspot STB-1 has in hulldown. Tier 8's do not really stand a chance, unless STB-1 is being in a position where he can be rushed, which then, is his own fault for not being able to read the situation and the map.

well i guess so, but in full tier 10 mm, where everyone goes full heat, its not good enough to hold up, but then again, there are worse hull down meds, like cax :D

Kdingo #13 Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:24 AM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 22 June 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

Those people asking usually aren't among those paying 40k per match on food and directives as it would tank their ability to turn a reasonable profit, if any at all.

So naturally they seek help on things without using tools that are "expensive".

I mean you could also ask why bother with directives instead of the camo skill when you can buy crew skill books to get the new crew up to 7 skills before their first battle.

However, i at least share your "confusion" about one asking for crew skill advice on a tier x tank. Its not any different to previous tiers and its a bit scary that one didn't manage to figure out what skills, in which order, to choose for xy tank, this far into tank progression.

It feels a bit like having someone participating in a marathon asking for advice on how to walk.

roboslash #14 Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13444 battles
  • [-1O1-] -1O1-

View PostKdingo, on 23 June 2020 - 02:24 AM, said:

However, i at least share your "confusion" about one asking for crew skill advice on a tier x tank. Its not any different to previous tiers and its a bit scary that one didn't manage to figure out what skills, in which order, to choose for xy tank, this far into tank progression.

It feels a bit like having someone participating in a marathon asking for advice on how to walk.

I was on the Chi-Ri when this was posted. I'm planning to end up at T10, so naturally I'll ask what crew skills are best for the T10 tank. I don't really have the gold to reset perks for the specific vehicles at the tiers leading up to the end, and it's a waste to reset for silver (especially if I've used crew books). Therefore I just start to train a crew that is suited for the T10 tank I am aiming to get, as early as I can have skills/perks on my fresh crew. I could ask what crew skills are best for the Chi Ri and so on. But I would say that there are certainly tank lines out there, where the lower tiers do not play similarly to the top ones.

Kdingo #15 Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postroboslash, on 23 June 2020 - 02:32 AM, said:

But I would say that there are certainly tank lines out there, where the lower tiers do not play similarly to the top ones.

Only in mixed trees, imo. Other then that there isn't much difference from tier 5 to tier x when it comes to choice of crew skills, if there even is any.

I pretty much have a standard order for each tank class, and even then the only difference is priority of camo or repair. Its really no rocket science, planing ahead to reduce reskilling is a smart idea.

Even so this is often a little ruined by different crew layouts, i.e commander/loader as radioman, as havin situational awareness on the loader suddenly becomes worthless when the next tank uses the commander as radioman.

Edited by Kdingo, 23 June 2020 - 03:34 AM.

chainreact0r #16 Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36701 battles

View Postroboslash, on 22 June 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

Well, not all people can afford directives, or start off with a 3/4 skill crew. Therefore it is useful to know what skills to train first. I would argue that the order in which you prioritize certain skills are not universal for T10 medium tanks.

The priority i listed in the previous post is universal for every single tank in the game. That's how dumb crew skills currently are. There are sniper tanks which benefit more from camo than repair, so if you can't afford the directive you can switch the skills in the list. But considering how bad it is to get tracked in a paper tank and take 8 seconds to repair, i would seriously consider using the directive.

Search_Warrant #17 Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View Postchainreact0r, on 23 June 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

The priority i listed in the previous post is universal for every single tank in the game. That's how dumb crew skills currently are. There are sniper tanks which benefit more from camo than repair, so if you can't afford the directive you can switch the skills in the list. But considering how bad it is to get tracked in a paper tank and take 8 seconds to repair, i would seriously consider using the directive.

Pretty much this. Same goes for Equipment. its always Vents/rammer/vstabs or Optics/Rammer/Vstabs. unless your an autoloader.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users