Friday 19th, Not A Great day.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #1 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:19 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So, I get a knock on the front door. Just after 1230pm.
I was upstairs, watching YouTube video's, the wife had not long-gone shopping. It's a short walk.
A short lady, and a very tall bloke were on the doorstep. He was in his mid 20's, she was early 50's.
"Are you E**. Mr B**. Your wife, P** has been in an accident. She's been hit by a car. Just up the road".

"...wait, ..what?"
Again, she said P** had been in an accident, just up the road, can I come quickly. I grabbed my keys and ran up the road
towards where they were indicating. I could now see a lot of stopped cars.
The young lad saying it was him that had hit my wife in his car. I called back over my shoulder, "Don't [edited]talk to me if you've 
hurt my wife". Or something like that.
     I came across a few people crowded around my wife. One lad in a green polo shirt holding P**'s hand. Something, ' ...VEG', as a logo.
Looking down at P**, who was on her back in the wet grassy verge, head resting on the lower rail of the wooden fence that she had been
hurled against from the impact of the car, I was heart-broken. Utterly shattered.
She was obviously in great pain and discomfort. , and trying to smile up at me.
The young lad, I guessed, a delivery driver, moved aside and I knelt down beside my wife. I took her hand.
"Oh baby, what you done ?"
She started to cry.
"Hey hey, it's ok, help's on its way". I reassured her. Looking up around at people, I was told an ambulance was on its way.
"Where you hurting duck?" I wanted to know.
She squeezed my hand tighter, "My hip, my arms, and my neck". She cried.
I stroked her head. I wanted to lie down beside her, but didn't want to move her, or for her to reach for me. I was welling up.

The police were the first to turn up, while one tended to my wife, the other, a 'Special', took contact details from those involved.

I made some phone calls. A few people needed to know. M**(son) first. I mumbled something that no son wants to hear of his mom.
I was breaking up inside, I had to finish the call, assuring him I'd let him know any more, when I did.
It was a surreal experience. I was in a daze. 
I was falling apart, but I needed to hold it together for my wife, she was in pain, she needed me. I held her as much as I could without moving her
in any way.

An ambulance then arrived and took control of the patient, and the Constable then started asking questions from the driver.
I was approached by the father of the driver, who assured me that his son, "Was not a boy racer. And this hadn't happened before".
I assumed the father was in the car with the son. It later transpires that the lad had phoned his dad before leaving his car and checking up on the woman 
he had just mown down.
    Apparently, what had happened was that this very tall, young man in a small two-seat sports car, had lost control coming around the roundabout,
turning right, skidded in the wet, and lost the rear-end of the car, which then mounted the pavement and struck my wife.
A tight, small roundabout, which in the best of conditions, when turning right, needs to be taken carefully, he lost control so violently that he 
had mounted the pavement and nearly killed my wife.
The son tried talking to me, he revealed that the car, a few days ago, which due to a roof leak, and torrential rain,  had filled the footwell up with water.

I approached the police officer to talk to him, mentioning that the only way this could have happened was if the car was speeding. He agreed with me.
I asked the paramedics which hospital they would be taking P**  to, they weren't sure yet. Nothing major seems to damaged, but as a precaution, they 
would be needing a special scan that not many hospitals around here do.
They strapped her up, motionless, and transferred her to a trolley, which was then wheeled to the ambulance.
The SC asked me again what number I could be reached at. I made sure he got the number.
The ambulance doors were closed, I wasn't allowed anywhere near P**, and there was nothing I could do. I was told to go home; it was only 100 feet away.
And await them telling me which hospital they would take P** to.
My world had collapsed. I didn't know what to do. I was helpless.

I stumbled back towards home. Helpless. I needed P**.
But she was in the back of an ambulance.

As I made my way to an empty home, M*** was walking towards me.
His face questioning, desperate for news. I assured him his mom was ok, and it looked like she'd escaped anything major. I told him there was nothing to do
but wait for them to tell us which hospital she was at.
"Is the driver who did it, up there ? Are the police still there ?" M*** asked.
I replied that yes, they were, but there was nothing more to be said. 
I believed that the police would have marked and photographed, and made detailed information of the collision site. I found out later that none of this happened.
M*** strode up the road.
I got in, made a cup of tea.
Marc came back after a while. We sat and talked, my mind completely on P**. M*** thinking of the practical things. Me telling him the few details I knew.
"He must've been going too fast". M*** suggested. 
He had to go back to work, and I assured him I'd let him know any news, the moment I heard anything.
I phoned a few of P**'s friends, let them know what had happened. 

After a while, I've no idea how long, I'd completely lost any notion of time. I had no idea how long it had been from the start of this nightmare, till now, when
my phone started ringing.
"Mr B****?" A voice asked.
"...yes?"
"It's Martin, the paramedic. We've got P**, and we're taking her to the QE. There's no point in coming down yet, we've got to get her assessed, x-rayed,
scanned, and seen by a doctor. It'll be a few hours yet".
     Gathering myself together, I made a cup of tea, had something to eat, and tried to calm down as best I could. I packed a bag of clean clothes for P**,
figuring she'd want something clean as she'd been lying on the wet ground.
      I don't know how long I sat there, waiting. Could have been two hours, could have been half an hour. 
I left for the hospital. I needed to be near her.

To Be Continued...

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Wow thats bad, hope she will be alright again soon!

__Eric__ #3 Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40170 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Sorry to hear that Olias....I hope your wife only has minor injuries and gets well soon.

Captain_Kremen0 #4 Posted 21 June 2020 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40587 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
hope she is ok mate. my thoughts go with you.

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #5 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Cheers guys. She's ok. Bruised, battered, but ok. :great:

PowJay #6 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43122 battles
I have only just seen this as I don't come to Off-Topic that often. Glad to hear that she's not bad. :)

Joggaman #7 Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26423 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOlias_0f_Sunhillow, on 22 June 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

Cheers guys. She's ok. Bruised, battered, but ok. :great:

Thank God!

And I also think it's great that you could use the forums in this therapeutic way, to vent (not in a raging way) emotions. Thanks for sharing, and I wish your wife a speedy recovery. 

woolfie #8 Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 51822 battles
Sending best wishes your way and I hope your missus makes a full and speedy recovery.

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #9 Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:49 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJoggaman, on 22 June 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Thank God!

And I also think it's great that you could use the forums in this therapeutic way, to vent (not in a raging way) emotions. Thanks for sharing, and I wish your wife a speedy recovery. 

That's exactly why I did this Joggaman.

I found it cathartic.

Thank you.

SiliconSidewinder #10 Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 30138 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
best wishes claus :)

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #11 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 22 June 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

best wishes claus :)

Very funny. :teethhappy:

The_Naa #12 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
:(

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #13 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

10 days later, neither of us have been visited by the police.

This is f***ing discusting.

My wife was in a near-fatal collision, through no fault of her own, and the f***ing police can't even be arsed to take a f***ing statement.

Seething.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users