Playerbase Now Too Clueless For The 3 Tier MM System

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34081 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

It's at that point now I feel. It's really stood out when I was marking some weak tanks lately, more than ever before. I've felt the playerbase is getting weaker and weaker over the years and to those that have played the game as long as I have I'm sure you guys have noticed it too. Sure, one could argue that I have gotten more experienced and as a result it only appears to be getting weaker but no, no more. I've never encountered such an inept clueless and frankly insufferable playerbase as I have in recent times. 

Where's the proof? Well, it's obvious from playing but I decided to screenshot the marks of this trashcan TD I repurchased just a little bit earlier today. Now, this screenshot features the results and MoE standings when I stopped using it years ago, roughly around when the Swedish TD was a relatively new line(Anyone know that time roughly?). And it stood as follows.

So, you can see 170 battles played(not sure how I managed that long with this pile of dog doodoo)) and it reads 71.25%. Fine. Now here is the change in MoE after just one bs ROFL stomp loss on the Berlin map for about 1k or something sad like that.

So as you can see, 171 battles, just 1 battle played all this time later and the MoE jumped to 78.49%.

Now what's the significance of that so far as proof that the playerbase has indeed become much weaker over time? 

1. Those 170 battles were actually achieved with a trashy work PC back when I could barely play as a result of freezing and getting cut off.

2. There is now MORE hp at lower tiers than when those stats were achieved and MoE is based on the last 100 battles so my MoE % actually should have DROPPED, not increased.

3. Not only did the MoE % not drop like it SHOULD HAVE if the current playerbase ability was about the same as it used to be in a new meta of extra hp at lower tiers but it actually jumped massively, by over 7% in just one bad battle.

I just feel in the interest of good battles with a playerbase as weak as it is, these 3 tier differences that can be a common feature simply has to go. 2 tiers is enough and has always been enough tbh but now so more than ever. I know you might say things should cancel out with both teams theoretically equally stocked with clueless numptys and it does in ways but for the bottom tier experienced player it's very very difficult to unlock an enemy team when they are predominantly playing a defensive game including tanks 2 tiers higher that need only tap your bottom tier tank once or twice and its over. Especially when your own team of clueless Bobs are not helping and show no interest in actually doing anything different. Of course when they do "help" its parking right behind your tank or in front of your gun or pushing or blocking.... ANYWAY, one can blame map design which is definitely a thing too but I do feel a 2 tier MM would really help on many levels. 

Kdingo #2 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 33192 battles
To me it kinda feels like that lots of players/newer players are actual little kids or people generally struggling to multitask with mouse and keyboard.
Guess some keep their children occupied during lockdowns by having them play wot for hours.
People just wrom wrom across the map, struggle to look and drive, lots of bumping/pushing into each other.
People afk for minutes, people can't make up their mind if they want to go left or right causing a traffic jam.
Generally driving around blindfolded charging head first into the first red blip they see.

The playerbase used to be different.

snowlywhite #3 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31732 battles

you do realize that the requirements when a new line shows up are massively higher than later on, don't you?

if it wasn't for the increased hp pool, probably you'd be at around 2nd mark. Which doesn't have anything to do with the player base...

any new line, in the 1st months, has it's moe requirements massively inflated. Heck, I remember skill struggling to 3rd mark st2; which is a pos by any standards. And still has now, 5k requirements. I bet than in 1 year it'd be under 4.5k given the quality of the tank.

there are tanks that are hard to mark at any time - meta premiums, "keeper" tech tree tanks, etc. And there are normal tanks that are hard to mark in the 1st year after launch and then they become rather easy to mark.

thetartanbaron #4 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5820 battles
55% win rate player complaining the game is getting easier for him. Oh the humanity!

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34081 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Postsnowlywhite, on 21 June 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

you do realize that the requirements when a new line shows up are massively higher than later on, don't you?

if it wasn't for the increased hp pool, probably you'd be at around 2nd mark. Which doesn't have anything to do with the player base...

any new line, in the 1st months, has it's moe requirements massively inflated. Heck, I remember skill struggling to 3rd mark st2; which is a pos by any standards. And still has now, 5k requirements. I bet than in 1 year it'd be under 4.5k given the quality of the tank.

there are tanks that are hard to mark at any time - meta premiums, "keeper" tech tree tanks, etc. And there are normal tanks that are hard to mark in the 1st year after launch and then they become rather easy to mark.

Accept it wasn't when the line was just out. I never play new tank lines. What I mean it was relatively new, like 3 or 4 months later when everyone had moved onto some new toy. Also, those stats are trash, they were achieved with a trash pc and yes I think it does prove the playerbase ability has dropped away. It's the only way to explain it though the marks isn't the point of the topic, it's that I feel a 2 tier MM is now needed more than ever.

Kdingo #6 Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 33192 battles

View Postthetartanbaron, on 21 June 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

55% win rate player complaining the game is getting easier for him. Oh the humanity!

Don't think he complains about it getting easier, more that overall quality of players dropped, which in return drops the overall quality of games.

I mean you have people blame rigging etc. for all the steamroll games, yet the overall drop in quality of players is a far more realistic explanation.

snowlywhite #7 Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31732 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 June 2020 - 11:54 PM, said:

Accept it wasn't when the line was just out. I never play new tank lines. What I mean it was relatively new, like 3 or 4 months later when everyone had moved onto some new toy. Also, those stats are trash, they were achieved with a trash pc and yes I think it does prove the playerbase ability has dropped away. It's the only way to explain it though the marks isn't the point of the topic, it's that I feel a 2 tier MM is now needed more than ever.

you said it was new in the your 1st post... How could I know when you played it? And "new" for moe requirements is usually 1st year. Not 3-4 months.

otherwise, dunno, everyone has the right to have an opinion. Have no clue how the playerbase was 5 years ago. But I"m pretty damn sure it was much worse. Given the massive amount of information that can be found now over the internet. Twitch and etc.

what took 1+ year for my server top guild, my wife did with a crap one in under 2 months. Talking about wow 15 years ago vs now.

last thing - you're posting the t7 swe td. Just tried to 3 mark it. Marking that tank is a pure random walk. You can't make a play with that for the life of it. Results are entirely dependent on map rotation and how inept the 2 teams are. Your influence on the outcome is close to nil anyway...

Edited by snowlywhite, 22 June 2020 - 12:15 AM.

Ratriq #8 Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6885 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKdingo, on 21 June 2020 - 10:30 PM, said:

The playerbase used to be different.

I don't know about you but I got a completely different experience since WoT has always been filled with kids, hell I was one of those annoying kids back in 2013. But also it was a lot more common that you would find players using trackpads back then, compared to now since owning a mouse is just generally a lot more common/necessary. Nowadays and all that.

The WoT community is not in my experience any less "childish" or "clueless" I do believe it's more those nostalgia goggles of yours that's talking. Just look at all those famous clips back in the day, like the T95 driving through the field on Malinovka which was just a bad play but he still managed to literally drive over there, blocking every single shot and then on top of that spotting the whole enemy team and winning the game. This of course was followed by a lot of players trying to replicate that at the time.

But I also want to remind you that modern wot have gotten a wider skill gap too, since we got a lot more tanks, a bunch new weakspots, new tank mechanics like the swedish tank destroyer line or the new autoloaders. Etc, it's just generally a lot harder to learn now for new players

Edited by Ratriq, 22 June 2020 - 12:10 AM.

saxsan4 #9 Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25513 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
mm should be +1/-1 only, +2/-2 is no fun for anyone

NekoPuffer_PPP #10 Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:21 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37005 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

This is interesting.

I played the UDES 03 for the first time in months today, and received a 2nd MoE. It was just barely above 85% though, and I did deal some 4000 damage in that battle...and didn't know what % it was at before starting the battle...but...just a coincidence I thought I'd mention.

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36183 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostRatriq, on 21 June 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

, it's just generally a lot harder to learn now for new players

As a new player back in 2012 I was completely clueless

However, I have learned from my mistakes and I think I can probably repeat them almost perfectly.

I know my mistakes inside out.

Inappropriate_noob #12 Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 18970 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View Postsaxsan4, on 22 June 2020 - 12:11 AM, said:

mm should be +1/-1 only, +2/-2 is no fun for anyone

Absolutely right but [edited] will never listen money money money is their mantra, never mind making the game fun.

Edited by Homer_J, 22 June 2020 - 02:21 PM.
Insults

Kdingo #13 Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:21 AM

General

• Player
  • 33192 battles

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 22 June 2020 - 01:12 AM, said:

Absolutely right but [edited] will never listen money money money is their mantra, never mind making the game fun.

To be fair i don't think +1mm would be a solution it would just break more things in different ways.

In the end its a balancing issue anyways, smaller steps between the tiers would have been a better idea from the start.

LCpl_Jones #14 Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14371 battles
the players don't care any more. the game is trash so gets treated as such.

NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37005 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 22 June 2020 - 01:12 AM, said:

I know, right? Geez, God forbid they want to actually earn some money...could you imagine??? The nerve!!

/s

no_skill_bob #16 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34510 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
Totally agree about the playerbase, full red, hardcamp or yolo bots more than ever.

Private_Miros #17 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29605 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

To be honest, I don't notice much difference between after January 2020 and before July 2016 when I played last before my break.

If anything, I find the player base better and more likely to not overexpose and punish you for over exposure.

Ratriq #18 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6885 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 22 June 2020 - 12:34 AM, said:

I know, right? Geez, God forbid they want to actually earn some money...could you imagine??? The nerve!!

/s

It's okay to want to earn money but do keep in mind, WG is already making a butt load of money by minimal effort, like just releasing a single tank. The Skorpion alone has made more money than major blockbusters.
The game ffs already have a premium subscription, battlepass, premium currency and premium tanks, and that's just the major microtransactions of it. Like damn I like WoT but seriously, having a paid battlepass on top of a premium subscription? really?

qpranger #19 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Of course it is weaker now that I have taken a break.

_Anarchistic_ #20 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49483 battles

actually I think there is a different answer

I think since 1.0 WG are actively making the maps and thus the game play worse

they have systematically killed active gameplay and added camping areas for bad players who are too scared to press W in a GAME

WG themselves have said they have to make areas for bad player, this is a truly unbelievable statement as making thigs for bad players will only make the game bad and further trash the game we all used to love in 2017

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users