• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

hellhound6 #1 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11415 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

We are getting new 2.0 crew 2.0 equipment 2.0 ammo

Isn't it time to change crew retrain system?

Its very annoying when you have to retrain every time you open the higher tier tank.

At least at lower levels before tier 6-7

Today we have a lot of boosters, blueprints etc so Its totally possible to open tank from tier 4 to tier 5 in just few battles where you can't get your crew trained to 100%

We all know alternative - retrain with gold but you know its too expensive and I am sure 90% of players aren't using 100% crew retrain system.

It must be free to retrain before tier 6 at least because if you retrain your crew at 80% from tier 3 to tier 4 for example, You will have to fight only few battles at tier 4 so you have to retrain about 85% crew to tier 5 and so on.

So WG please make anything what players asking for

We asked wheeled car nerf - we got progetto nerf

We asked old beautiful maps to return - we got Batman's cave looking like strange and useless Berlin map

We asking for gold nerf - they change nothing.

We asking for map balances - they doing nothing

We asking for reduce scouts amount in battles like artilery - they doing nothing

So maybe if they read this sample thing make some decision and change this thing which is important for us. I am sure they aren't playing this game so maybe reading forums?

This thing is easy, I am sure they aren't getting the revenue from the gold which is spend on retrains. Also can't see the point to have everyone 80% crew every time they move to higher tiers.

Spurtung #2 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 82273 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX
What you call "annoying", WG calls "profitable".

hellhound6 #3 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11415 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostSpurtung, on 22 June 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

What you call "annoying", WG calls "profitable".

Yeah they are getting few silver for it but in fact, Game is totally broken by this side its 10 years already.

You have to dismiss crew every time before tier 6 and then start training.

Its not logical and its very amateur mistake in this game - Have no crew before tier 6-7.

Kdingo #4 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

How about nerf progression so you are playing a tank for longer (as it used to be) so you don´t have the retrain issue that often?

It has always been annoying but if you plan ahead you can retrain the crew with enough xp banked up so that retraining the skills on top gets you back to 100% on the main skill, if 90/80% for a few games is the biggest issue.

TheJ4ckal #5 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5559 battles

What you really need is to ban sealclubbers from taking their 5 skill crews down to the lower levels.

Beginners rarely have the resources to build up great crews to rely on them. If anything Tiers 1-5 should have minimal modules and resources so gameplay and strategy is emphasised.

To many beginners get caught up on trying to understand the crew system, when it has very little effect on their play.

Kdingo #6 Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 22 June 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

What you really need is to ban sealclubbers from taking their 5 skill crews down to the lower levels.

Beginners rarely have the resources to build up great crews to rely on them. If anything Tiers 1-5 should have minimal modules and resources so gameplay and strategy is emphasised.

To many beginners get caught up on trying to understand the crew system, when it has very little effect on their play.

This seal clubber point is mood, how many of those people "trying to understand" are roaming around in higher tiers, are nothing but fodder and only good for tinfoil hat conspiracy theories as to why wg rigs the game against them to keep them down.

Pansenmann #7 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Buy training manuals for credits.

some years ago one could not buy crew skills for $$

then came berlin tanks which people bought only for their crew

and then crew books and boosters.

so actually you should be happy about it

PS: I am against an oversimplification of the crew skill system (what makes sense for wows must not do for wot)

Balc0ra #8 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Posthellhound6, on 22 June 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

We asked old beautiful maps to return - we got Batman's cave looking like strange and useless Berlin map

We asking for reduce scouts amount in battles like artilery - they doing nothing

So maybe if they read this sample thing make some decision and change this thing which is important for us. I am sure they aren't playing this game so maybe reading forums?

This thing is easy, I am sure they aren't getting the revenue from the gold which is spend on retrains. Also can't see the point to have everyone 80% crew every time they move to higher tiers

Well, the wheels are getting nerfed. We already know that. Just not at the same time as the Progetto.

Old maps? Well again, planned for a later patch vs "when it's ready". As one of my most hated lemming fail maps is making a return soon.

Gold and map balances? They did change and did something. But as you might recall. It was widely hated and ditched. I don't want them to "just do something", when the tests clearly showed the opposite effect vs what most wanted or hoped for.

As for the free crew retraining? Well, it's been pointed at 999 times. And unlike your other points. They have not done much with it. Now, WOT blitz to name one ditched the 50% crew and made 75% free, with 100 for silver. Gold crew is to keep their skills etc if you retrain that way. As blitz noticed that gold usage on crew was to low to keep it. No idea if it's the same here for them to even consider it.

Search_Warrant #9 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
Im looking forward to the crew skill rework at some point. its one of the changes that will really streamline the game more.

Bordhaw #10 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16400 battles

View Posthellhound6, on 22 June 2020 - 05:05 PM, said:

retrain with gold but you know its too expensive and

I am sure 90% of players aren't using 100% crew retrain system.

No and no. 

StronkiTonki #11 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36297 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Be glad that tiers 1-4 barely take any battles to go through.

"Back in my day" when I started playing the game, it took me days to progress through the low tiers, since exp wasn't as easy to get farmed as today.

Getting something as low as 5k exp would take hours to grind. Nowdays, I just get one daily win and boom, 12k exp.

Having to retrain your crews so often is just a side effect of how stupidly easy exp has become to get.

Back when I got my first few tier 10 tanks, I felt super satisfied for completing a long grind.

Half a year ago I literally got tier 10 tanks left right and center without any satisfaction.

I've unlocked a tier 10 tank with as few battles as 29, while unlocking the KV-1, my first ever heavy tank back in the day, cost me 96 battles at tier 4.

Richthoffen #12 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33033 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

View PostPansenmann, on 22 June 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Buy training manuals for credits.

some years ago one could not buy crew skills for $$

then came berlin tanks which people bought only for their crew

and then crew books and boosters.

so actually you should be happy about it

PS: I am against an oversimplification of the crew skill system (what makes sense for wows must not do for wot)

only problem is those crewbooks only work on a 100% crew so you need either gold to retrain or grind them out the old fashioned way.

i have several tanks where i lack crew for but not going to spend gold to train them so waiting for Christmas to score a few snow maidens again

qpranger #13 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

Abolish crew retraining,

it is mockery of common sense,

thank God War Thunder does not have it.

Pansenmann #14 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postqpranger, on 22 June 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

Abolish crew retraining,

it is mockery of common sense,

thank God War Thunder does not have it.

last time I played that game it was way worse
and took ages to get a new "level" of skill on my plane crews

19:59 Added after 1 minute

View PostRichthoffen, on 22 June 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

only problem is those crewbooks only work on a 100% crew so you need either gold to retrain or grind them out the old fashioned way.

i have several tanks where i lack crew for but not going to spend gold to train them so waiting for Christmas to score a few snow maidens again

you could always start with a 75% crew

or take another crew where you don't pick the next skill.
excess xp will be then used for base skill upon retraining.

like for example on this M44 crew which I started with 75% and

can't be bothered to pick a skill because it's already OP some people here on the forums tend to say

Edited by Pansenmann, 22 June 2020 - 09:01 PM.

The_Naa #15 Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posthellhound6, on 22 June 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

We are getting new 2.0 crew 2.0 equipment 2.0 ammo

Isn't it time to change crew retrain system?

Its very annoying when you have to retrain every time you open the higher tier tank.

At least at lower levels before tier 6-7

Today we have a lot of boosters, blueprints etc so Its totally possible to open tank from tier 4 to tier 5 in just few battles where you can't get your crew trained to 100%

We all know alternative - retrain with gold but you know its too expensive and I am sure 90% of players aren't using 100% crew retrain system.

It must be free to retrain before tier 6 at least because if you retrain your crew at 80% from tier 3 to tier 4 for example, You will have to fight only few battles at tier 4 so you have to retrain about 85% crew to tier 5 and so on.

So WG please make anything what players asking for

This thing is easy, I am sure they aren't getting the revenue from the gold which is spend on retrains. Also can't see the point to have everyone 80% crew every time they move to higher tiers.

lets see if that works.

WG. plz delete Heavy tanks :)

thetartanbaron #16 Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5852 battles

Block Quote

retrain with gold but you know its too expensive 

Its costs about £3.50 to retrain a crew to 100%. If you play a tank for 100 battles then that's 3.5p a battle. The average battle lasts 6 mins so 100 battles is 10 hours of play so 35p an hour to play a tank with 100% crew with all the XP going into skill training. I don't know the OPs financial circumstances but if you are in any kind of employment its affordable especially compared to the cost of spending 10 hours down the pub.

Jin91 #17 Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3172 battles
There is no free lunch nor free service. Remember that

vanderkat #18 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6508 battles

If any changes are to be made to the crew training and skills/perks system, I would like to see:

1. Training a new crew of raw recruits should take time and require gaining experience - a rookie crew will under perform, that's the way it is IRL; so in that respect, just do the grind or pay the gold for the Academy, however ....

2. Re-training an experienced crew for a new tank should be a lower cost, e.g. they might do a short course at a Conversion Unit, which would get them to 100%, for 20k credits, instead of the 75% they currently get from the Regimental School

3. An experienced crew that re-trains to a new tank should NOT forget how to perform in their old tank - they should be able to return to it without penalty

4. Most of the current skills/perks are fairly sensible and logical with tangible benefits, with the exception of those for the Loader - there is currently no specific loader skill, only perks - surely an experienced loader would perform his role faster than a rookie? Therefore, I propose a loader skill that would give, say, -0.1% to Gun Loading time for each percent point of the Skill Level 

Kdingo #19 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postvanderkat, on 23 June 2020 - 12:22 AM, said:

2. Re-training an experienced crew for a new tank should be a lower cost, e.g. they might do a short course at a Conversion Unit, which would get them to 100%, for 20k credits, instead of the 75% they currently get from the Regimental School

You are aware that retraining for same class is 80%for free, 90%for 20k, 100%for gold.

And most retrains are within same class except for some mixed trees (which i have never been a fan off).

Playing with a 90% mainskill crew for a few battles is surely not such a massiv issue.

Spurtung #20 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:42 AM

General

• Player
  • 82273 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View Posthellhound6, on 22 June 2020 - 05:05 PM, said:

(...)

Also can't see the point to have everyone 80% crew every time they move to higher tiers.

View Posthellhound6, on 22 June 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

You have to dismiss crew every time before tier 6 and then start training.

Its not logical and its very amateur mistake in this game - Have no crew before tier 6-7.

Free retrain on low tiers would be a terrible idea, as people could use multiple tanks' daily doubles on the same crew to pump it up before finally moving it to the permanent tank.

Here's an idea:

Don't retrain crews until they make it to tier 5 or 6, since, by your own admission, you won't play them that much to begin with.

View Postvanderkat, on 22 June 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

3. An experienced crew that re-trains to a new tank should NOT forget how to perform in their old tank - they should be able to return to it without penalty

I agree but only if this was limited to the last 2/3 vehicles that crew was trained in, including the current one.

Edited by Spurtung, 23 June 2020 - 12:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users