Complaint about the Senlac

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Space_Vato #1 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4388 battles

It has a Ordnance QF 20-pounder, it says.

But there are only 2 types of Ordnance QF 20-pounder guns.

Ordnance QF 20-pounder A (no bore extractor)

Ordnance QF 20-pounder B (bore extractor)

A bore extractor doesn't alter the performance of a gun. It prevents poisoning/killing the crew. THAT'S IT! Nothing else.

Why does the Senlac have a OQF 20 pounder, but not the performance of a OQF 20-pounder?

I can understand reload time, I can understand  dispersion, I can understand aimtime (although it is wrong to give the Senlac faster aimtime with the tiny turret, compared to other tanks with the OQF 20-pounder)

I can't understand the discrepancy in penetration and damage though.

Why give it a 20-pounder without the performance of a 20-pounder... 

OH WAIT, I KNOW, IT'S NOT A RUSSIAN TANK OR GUN

Edited by Space_Vato, 23 June 2020 - 09:09 AM.

UserZer00 #2 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles
Special attack
1) Buy 80 quarter pounders at McDonalds
2) Load them into the gun
3) Fire them at enemy tanks
4) Enemy crew members out of action due to digestion issues

Back on topic:

If there's no historical justification it's true that identical guns should perform identically.

Maybe the Russians are just considered to be superior gunners ;)

saxsan4 #3 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

YES! big issue also with FV4202 who has the same gun stats as Centurion 1 despite the fact it has type B barrels and not type A

WG have also done this with the French lights and the cykter k

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

In this thread Space_Vato whines about the tier VIII premium UK light tank the Senlac 1066 being underpowered.

Whereas in a thread on the front page the player apples33d whines about the the French tier VIII wheeled light vehicle the EBR 75 FL being overpowered http://forum.worldof...another-grudge/

War Gaming are in a no win position with players like these forcefully expressing their views on these forums.

For myself I would prefer that War Gaming stuck to the old SerB rule that a premium should be better than the stock version of the tech tree equivalent and not quite as good as the elite version.

To my mind the Senlac 1066 fits the above criteria and is thus a well balanced offering in the premium shop.

My view of the EBR 75 FL is that in some respects it is a little better than the Lynx 6x6, and thus perhaps slightly too good at tier VIII. But as a premium sold for money that is an error War gaming should have ironed out in testing as it cannot be nerfed now. However the EBR 75 FL is not game breaking because like all the wheeled vehicles from tier V- IX none of them are easy to play or excel in although some of them have considerable potential in the hands of skilled players.

I have just finished playing through the tier VII UK tech tree Light tank the Setter. In many respects it reminds me of the ELC Even 90. It is tiny, has excellent camo, but the ROF on the Setter is an exercise in frustration. My results in the Setter have far exceeded my results in the tier VII French wheeled vehicle the Hotchkiss EBR which I found ungainly with it's rear mounted turret.

To Space_Vato - leave the Senlac 1066 alone.

qpranger #5 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Senlac is OP in the hands of skilled players.

Space_Vato #6 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4388 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 23 June 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

In this thread Space_Vato whines about the tier VIII premium UK light tank the Senlac 1066 being underpowered.

Whereas in a thread on the front page the player apples33d whines about the the French tier VIII wheeled light vehicle the EBR 75 FL being overpowered http://forum.worldof...another-grudge/

War Gaming are in a no win position with players like these forcefully expressing their views on these forums.

For myself I would prefer that War Gaming stuck to the old SerB rule that a premium should be better than the stock version of the tech tree equivalent and not quite as good as the elite version.

To my mind the Senlac 1066 fits the above criteria and is thus a well balanced offering in the premium shop.

My view of the EBR 75 FL is that in some respects it is a little better than the Lynx 6x6, and thus perhaps slightly too good at tier VIII. But as a premium sold for money that is an error War gaming should have ironed out in testing as it cannot be nerfed now. However the EBR 75 FL is not game breaking because like all the wheeled vehicles from tier V- IX none of them are easy to play or excel in although some of them have considerable potential in the hands of skilled players.

I have just finished playing through the tier VII UK tech tree Light tank the Setter. In many respects it reminds me of the ELC Even 90. It is tiny, has excellent camo, but the ROF on the Setter is an exercise in frustration. My results in the Setter have far exceeded my results in the tier VII French wheeled vehicle the Hotchkiss EBR which I found ungainly with it's rear mounted turret.

Space_Vato whines.... or did I just express my displeasure about an obvious inconsistency?

And about leaving it alone. That is too late now.

Yes it has nice pen. It could defo make good use of a damage buff though.

Galan7891 #7 Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View PostSpace_Vato, on 23 June 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

It has a Ordnance QF 20-pounder, it says.

But there are only 2 types of Ordnance QF 20-pounder guns.

Ordnance QF 20-pounder A (no bore extractor)

Ordnance QF 20-pounder B (bore extractor)

A bore extractor doesn't alter the performance of a gun. It prevents poisoning/killing the crew. THAT'S IT! Nothing else.

Why does the Senlac have a OQF 20 pounder, but not the performance of a OQF 20-pounder?

I can understand reload time, I can understand  dispersion, I can understand aimtime (although it is wrong to give the Senlac faster aimtime with the tiny turret, compared to other tanks with the OQF 20-pounder)

I can't understand the discrepancy in penetration and damage though.

Why give it a 20-pounder without the performance of a 20-pounder... 

OH WAIT, I KNOW, IT'S NOT A RUSSIAN TANK OR GUN

Because this is a multiplayer online game not a simulator.And because Steve the is-7 driver gets trigered when something other than another heavy does more than 200 damage to him.

divsmo #8 Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40844 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View Postarthurwellsley, on 23 June 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

I agree with you for the most part that premiums should be balanced around being slightly worse than a fully elite tech tree tank of the same class and tier, but the senlac fitting that criteria is where i disagree. It's just flat out better than the british light at tier 8 in pretty much every regard. 

That's not to say it's OP though just to say that the british lights need some love as they are pretty underwhelming as a tree.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It has 600 more DPM than the 85mm on the tier 8 tech tree light. And that tank has the same pen and alpha on his 85mm as the 20prd has on other tier 8's. But with 1400 DPM. I suspect that's more or less your answer. If it was on the same "performance" level as the rest. I suspect the DPM would drop to 1400 on this too.

But besides that, it has better stats on everything besides pen and alpha vs the 20 pdr on the tier 8 UK meds. Even more DPM. As far as 20 pdr's on tier 8 goes. So the tradeoff on some stats like pen and alpha to gain better stats elsewhere is actually one of the better things about that light. Would you think that was good if had the "performance" of a 20prd if the DPM was 1400?

View Postdivsmo, on 23 June 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

I agree with you for the most part that premiums should be balanced around being slightly worse than a fully elite tech tree tank of the same class and tier, but the senlac fitting that criteria is where i disagree. It's just flat out better than the british light at tier 8 in pretty much every regard. 

That's not to say it's OP though just to say that the british lights need some love as they are pretty underwhelming as a tree.

Some premiums are better in some regard vs the tech tree one, because they are in a different style. Like. Like the Pershing vs the T26E4, or even the 50 100 vs the AMX M4 45. But when they are both the same style, and just make one way worse. Like the STA-1 vs 2. We just see the premium one struggling more, as the metas leave it behind faster. And thus it gets buffed all the time.

In this case the tech tree one has more pen, more alpha, more camo, way smaller, weights 4 times less. The mobility stats are the only aspect that only differs a tiny bit. So the premium one is not as dominant as such. But in a light when you counter other lights. More pen, more alpha and more camo mean little when you can't out DPM them. That 600 dpm difference is massive vs any tech tree light. So I would not even say it's a... style difference. The tech tree one will lose every time.

mateyflip #10 Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41723 battles

View Postqpranger, on 23 June 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

Senlac is OP in the hands of skilled players.

The opposition are safe when I play the senlac then.

What what

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users