macos arm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SudoPacman #1 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30062 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

So, as Apple announced last night, ARM based Macs are coming, and they'll be able to run iOS software natively, and likely incredibly well.

There is already an iOS version of Blitz, so some of the work must have been done with getting a version of the game engine running, although admittedly probably a different code base to the main engine, but perhaps an earlier fork?

Perhaps it's time for an ARM / Metal targeted version of the main game?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see further development for Windows on ARM in the coming year, and who knows what the future brings?

For a few years now people have wondered whether the solution to the performance stagnation in the PC space is massive parallelisation across a lot of simpler ARM or RISC cores.

Personally, I'm excited about a shake up in the CPU architecture space.

Processor instruction sets and compiler techniques were some of the most interesting content I studied at uni, so it's going to be interesting whatever happens.

I'm sure WG have thought about whether it's worth their time and money. They certainly have a lot of the latter. Perhaps it's worth being one of the first massively popular titles to give it a go, and grab all the press that goes with it?

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Pacman

MeetriX #2 Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27436 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

You don't play games with apple.

SudoPacman #3 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30062 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

Thanks for your useless input. Trying to get more hits for your channel are you?

I think you'll find millions of people play games on iPhone and iPad, and the new Macs will use the same architecture, and likely perform incredibly well.

Personally I'd love to get rid of Windows at home so my point stands.

moenie #4 Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21256 battles

View PostSudoPacman, on 26 June 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

Thanks for your useless input. Trying to get more hits for your channel are you?

I think you'll find millions of people play games on iPhone and iPad, and the new Macs will use the same architecture, and likely perform incredibly well.

Personally I'd love to get rid of Windows at home so my point stands.

That's Viva la Dirt League (a comedy channel that mainly parodies popular media) - I'm pretty sure it was just to express the opinion.

I suggest ignoring comments like these instead of retaliating as you will risk breaking forum rules.

Wargaming have stated that they are not working on a specific application for Apple OS.

There are ways to get it working on the software however but it is not in their foreseeable plans.

https://eu.wargaming.../article/10613/

http://forum.worldof...s-mac-solution/

Edited by moenie, 27 June 2020 - 01:12 AM.

Also tagged with macos, arm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users