• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Helo,

Why doesnt wg sell mission skip in shop for money to skip most of the missions, but not allow us to skip mission number 15, sick to death of arty ruining every mission

TD 12 I had dmg done and 1/2 heavy tank kills, shooting renegade, arty waits till enemy on 30 hp and kill him, why? ruins every game, so I think wg should sell mission skip, each one £10 for  1 mission

just 

BattleMetalChris #2 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11134 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Because then you'd have rich bobs who don't care what it costs, driving round in the 279e.

saxsan4 #3 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 23 June 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

Because then you'd have rich bobs who don't care what it costs, driving round in the 279e.

how? I would not allow them to skip the last mission so they still woulsnt be able to get it

Edited by saxsan4, 23 June 2020 - 10:06 AM.

splash_time #4 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17063 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 June 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

how? I would allow them to skip the last mission so they still woulsnt be able to get it

You can get a campaign reward tank by skipping the 15th missions. So, 3 orders are enough to at least skip 3 missions and a whole set by skipping the 15th mission.

So, no thanks.

Edited by splash_time, 23 June 2020 - 10:01 AM.

saxsan4 #5 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postsplash_time, on 23 June 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

You can get a campaign reward tank by skipping the 15th missions. So, 3 orders are enough to at least skip 3 missions and a whole set by skipping the 15th mission.

So, no thanks.

hello,

re read what I said, I said sell mission skips and not allow them to use these on the last one, I have said it 2 times now

splash_time #6 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17063 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 June 2020 - 12:06 PM, said:

hello,

re read what I said, I said sell mission skips and not allow them to use these on the last one, I have said it 2 times now

I read what you said. And excuse me, but it's pointless, because usually that's how people use their orders. On the 15th missions. :/

So.... You suggest to prevent players from using the orders on the 15th missions. Nice. :D

BSHDBCG #7 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6563 battles

Wait for black market and they might sell mission orders again, like they did last time.

:trollface:

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64698 battles

To be clear the suggestion is that players be allowed to go to the shop and be able for cash to buy their way up to but NOT including mission 15.

LT 1-14

MT1-14

HT 1-14

TD 1-14

SPG 1-14

If it came in I would almost certainly be buying quite a few of the SPG missions.

sid257 #9 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47062 battles
  • [SYFY] SYFY

So,  mission hard p2w?

Not the point of the missions really is it.
 Also if you do 3 of the mission sets with honours you can skip 1 with orders.
 Now your argument that mission 15 should be completed on any set is still not gonna defend your p2w request.  This will just mean players will only have to complete 3 missions instead of 45.

Good luck on the trolling. :arta:

Karasu_Hidesuke #10 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17495 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Paying money to skip content? What a fun and engaging game WoT is! :trollface:

BattleMetalChris #11 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11134 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 23 June 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

Paying money to skip content? What a fun and engaging game WoT is! :trollface:

People don't seem to realise there's a really easy way to NOT play the game, that's also completely free! :teethhappy:

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 June 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

Helo,

Why doesnt wg sell mission skip in shop for money to skip most of the missions, but not allow us to skip mission number 15, sick to death of arty ruining every mission

TD 12 I had dmg done and 1/2 heavy tank kills, shooting renegade, arty waits till enemy on 30 hp and kill him, why? ruins every game, so I think wg should sell mission skip, each one £10 for  1 mission

just 

Personal Missions were designed to revolve around skill and be difficult. They were implemented because players who could not or would not play clan wars whined that they were ruled out of ever getting the clan wars reward tanks, which themselves are difficult to obtain. Of the thousands of players who play during a clan wars campaign only the best in the best clans will get he reward tanks. It means playing every single day for the fourteen day campaign, and towards the end when you are trying to defend and gain provinces staying up until quite late at night. Gaining clan wars rewards tanks takes a great deal of dedication to a mere game.

Therefore the personal mission reward tanks such as the Object 260 and Object 297e are behind lots of missions, some of which are about skill, others of which are more about the stars and moon aligning for you. But the aim is to give the single player an idea of the dedication, persistence and skill required to gain a clan wars reward tank. The personal missions are designed to be tricky unless you are a very very high skill player.

I like the design. I believe it gives the Object 260 and 279e more meaning. Each player has set a goal to get it and worked hard for it.

Letting players skip missions 1-14 would be a retrograde step. I say this as someone who worked hard at school and university and thus any cost that War Gaming set on skipping personal missions stages would be so trivial for me that I wouldn't even notice the cost in my average weekly spend. Despite that I still believe your suggestion saxsan7 is wrong. The personal missions are there to try your stamina and determination. Either decide to set goals with them and try and complete them, or turn them on and then ignore them. Either way please do not suggest spoiling the pleasure many other players have gained while playing through those missions.

saxsan4 #13 Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postsid257, on 23 June 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

So,  mission hard p2w?

Not the point of the missions really is it.
 Also if you do 3 of the mission sets with honours you can skip 1 with orders.
 Now your argument that mission 15 should be completed on any set is still not gonna defend your p2w request.  This will just mean players will only have to complete 3 missions instead of 45.

Good luck on the trolling. :arta:

if someone wants to pay £140 to skip 14 mission let them, more money for wot = more content

09:57 Added after 1 minute

View Postarthurwellsley, on 23 June 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

Personal Missions were designed to revolve around skill and be difficult. They were implemented because players who could not or would not play clan wars whined that they were ruled out of ever getting the clan wars reward tanks, which themselves are difficult to obtain. Of the thousands of players who play during a clan wars campaign only the best in the best clans will get he reward tanks. It means playing every single day for the fourteen day campaign, and towards the end when you are trying to defend and gain provinces staying up until quite late at night. Gaining clan wars rewards tanks takes a great deal of dedication to a mere game.

Therefore the personal mission reward tanks such as the Object 260 and Object 297e are behind lots of missions, some of which are about skill, others of which are more about the stars and moon aligning for you. But the aim is to give the single player an idea of the dedication, persistence and skill required to gain a clan wars reward tank. The personal missions are designed to be tricky unless you are a very very high skill player.

I like the design. I believe it gives the Object 260 and 279e more meaning. Each player has set a goal to get it and worked hard for it.

Letting players skip missions 1-14 would be a retrograde step. I say this as someone who worked hard at school and university and thus any cost that War Gaming set on skipping personal missions stages would be so trivial for me that I wouldn't even notice the cost in my average weekly spend. Despite that I still believe your suggestion saxsan7 is wrong. The personal missions are there to try your stamina and determination. Either decide to set goals with them and try and complete them, or turn them on and then ignore them. Either way please do not suggest spoiling the pleasure many other players have gained while playing through those missions.

My missions keep getting ruined by arty, 2 games in a row TD 12 for t55a arty spoiled it, HOW CAN I Finnish these when arty keeps stealing my kills?

Spammable_Lecter #14 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48215 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 23 June 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

I have plenty of cash and plenty of other things to spend it on , but i wont do the clicker missions so i'm not bothered about the free tanks .

arthurwellsley #15 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 June 2020 - 09:56 AM, said:

My missions keep getting ruined by arty, 2 games in a row TD 12 for t55a arty spoiled it, HOW CAN I Finnish these when arty keeps stealing my kills?

Clan wars reward tanks, and personal mission reward tanks are a reward for both skill and PERSISTENCE. They are not meant to be provided on a plate easily. They are a test of a players determination. Either you have sufficient skill to avoid arty ruining an attempt and won the Object 260 and 279e within a few months of the missions entering the game, OR you have tested your own will power against the vicissitudes of the game time and time again, such that your final triumph against all the odds and adversity has meaning for you.

Or just give up trying and let them come.

But please no more suggestions of cheapening the difficulty that hundreds of other players have surmounted by permitting purchasing missions 1-14. For without being able to purchase the missions every player is in the same position and must chart their own path as to succeeding in the personal missions or ignoring them.

saxsan4 #16 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postarthurwellsley, on 23 June 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:

Clan wars reward tanks, and personal mission reward tanks are a reward for both skill and PERSISTENCE. They are not meant to be provided on a plate easily. They are a test of a players determination. Either you have sufficient skill to avoid arty ruining an attempt and won the Object 260 and 279e within a few months of the missions entering the game, OR you have tested your own will power against the vicissitudes of the game time and time again, such that your final triumph against all the odds and adversity has meaning for you.

Or just give up trying and let them come.

But please no more suggestions of cheapening the difficulty that hundreds of other players have surmounted by permitting purchasing missions 1-14. For without being able to purchase the missions every player is in the same position and must chart their own path as to succeeding in the personal missions or ignoring them.

why not though, on china server they monetise much more things, they allow even bonds to be bought with gold, you can buy Cw tanks with gold and even chieftain mk 6, I think wot eu should learn from this and monetise much more of the game

arthurwellsley #17 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 June 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

why not though, Because we live in the the west. Culturally we have a very different mindset to those who live in China. Here in the west the ostentatious display of wealth is disparaged. As a generality games that are perceived as pay2win are criticised widely as such and fail to gain a large audience.

on china server they monetise much more things You are correct the owners of the Chinese servers (Kong Zhong) monetarise everything in World of Tanks. But vivid displays of wealth by the newly rich are encouraged by central authority in China. The communist dictatorship would prefer the new moneyed classes to show off their wealth so that others can aspire to copy them. The aim is to have the population so concentrated on obtaining wealth and then demonstrating to others that they have it, that the population will have no time for political dissent.

, they allow even bonds to be bought with gold, you can buy Cw tanks with gold and even chieftain mk 6, I think wot eu should learn from this and monetise much more of the game I think you are wrong, very wrong. Trying to get people to worship the accumulation of money and to spend that money overly lavishly on luxury goods when others are in need leads only to one thing:

Personally I would rather die fighting for certain ideals I believe in than live the life of a wealth and indolence with no freedoms.

aps1 #18 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30832 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

I think this thread was started more as a arty whine then a mission whine.  Stick at it, if you are smart and know the right tanks you don’t need to be an Unicom to ge the 260,279e but on a small percentage of the missions you do need some luck.
Save your money and don’t play stupid and you will be fine

qpranger #19 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

From selling mission skips to dying for ideals in less than 20 posts.

What's next? Strange no one has mentioned an Austrian-born dictator yet.

Karasu_Hidesuke #20 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17495 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postqpranger, on 23 June 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

From selling mission skips to dying for ideals in less than 20 posts.

What's next? Strange no one has mentioned an Austrian-born dictator yet.

Free 1 year holiday from the forums you mean? :trollface:

For some reason I started thinking about the Type 59 again. They sell missions, but they don't sell the Type 59. I guess that means.....

#WalletClosed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users